7theye

Is anyone actually buying Dead Alliance?

61 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, JPops said:

I want to give my two cents on this list.

1) Game developers make decisions all the time based upon what they want. In fact a good portion of decisions made are because they want them. It's their game, fan feedback is always welcome on games but ultimately a decision is made on what direction the game is going to go. 

 

2) I disagree that you can call them silent. In fact, they probably have said too much from time to time in an attempt to give people a real perspective into what happens behind the scenes in game development. If you haven't noticed there is sort of an iron curtain that no one gets a look behind in game development. The reactions I've have seen over the course of this game is exactly why game companies operate on keeping everyone out of the know. 

 

3) Testing was conducted very heavily prior to release. This testing was done on PC as some games usually are since builds can be pushed far quicker. They did not fail to have an opening beta. An open beta was never in the cards. It is very expensive and requires tons of resources to launch and maintain a beta on 3 separate platforms at the same time. Gun did not have the money or resources to pull off such a feat and that was established from the get go. 

4) again, the savini jason was always advertised as a separate backer exclusive. If you want to split hairs it was supposed to be for kickstarter only but was extended to the additional funding period that went on long after the kickstarter ended. 

5 & 6) are basically the same complaint. "I did not know" is not an excuse for intentionally breaking something. When in essence you know you are purposely greifing well maybe play the game as intended in all cases and you have nothing to worry about? You are not privy to the reasons why people were banned and you nor I can speak intelligently on the subject as we are not in the know.

 

I get people are upset it's quite common with any subject that has a lot of different people involved. I do not see any of the above personally as a mistake. Its more of a personal list of things you disagree with. I am also unsure why you are calling out Gun media. They are not the publisher for Dead Alliance that's a separate thing. As this is a game forum for Friday the 13th I don't expect everyone to have the same tastes outside of F13 which is why they are here. I've heard blind follower be tossed around. Well if someone is buying anything just because it was put out by so and so that's kind of a blind following. You should only be buying games that interst you. Will I buy dead alliance? I see it's on console so there's a much greater possibility that I will. What it will most likely come down to is are my friends gonna be playing also. 

To try and take a limited pool of people and equate that to the overall consensus of all the potential people out there who could buy it is a bit closed minded. 

I personally hope the game does very well whether I purchase it or not. To wish failure upon something because you are upset is kind of silly. 

 

You're being biased because you're an admin for them lol 

5 was more about agreeing to TOS. Which we never got the choice to do.

I get you have to show a bit of loyalty because you're an admin but even you must admit that this game turned out to be a failure. 

It might have been a success on the money side of things but that's as far as it goes. 

As of now i only look foward to singleplayer and yes on the business side of things they handled everything poorly.

I've never seen a gaming industry make so much failure.

Also I don't wish failure on that new game.

I don't wish failure on gunmedia or illfonic either. 

I hope they learn from this and realize everything they did wrong and improve on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seeker said:

I guess it's settled @GunMedia_Ben 

Your community has lost faith in you.

I'm going to make a list of the things you did wrong so you can send them back to your team and help improve the future of your business. 

...[Long Manifesto]

You've taken on the role of community spokesperson? Congratulations! I didn't know the role was open. It's a big job. Truth be told, I wouldn't want it. What with all the responsibility of actually talking to the community and finding out what they think, even those who think beyond the limits of my own opinion. Then to take all of that feedback, and report it to the development team in an effective and concise way? No thank you!

Now reading through your our new Manifesto you have composed for the development team, I'm seeing a couple of minor mistakes. I'm going to make a list of the things you did wrong so you can mull them over and come up with a second draft. 

Mistake 1. You assumed that the majority of the group feels the same as you about team killing. Rookie mistake. Personally, I think it adds a layer of tension to the game anytime I see a teammate running my way with a weapon, and I'm not 100% sure about their intentions. I think the development team made a nice choice by including this feature. Even if I didn't think they did, I recognize that they are ultimately the final decision makers on the flow of the game. Now, rather than ask the community their opinions before you spoke for us, you assumed we all thought like you. Not all of us do. It's fine though. You're new at this...the whole Community spokesperson thing.

Mistake 2. Your expectations on communication turnaround are cartoonishly offbase. This team communicates with slightly great frequency that the big hitters communicate. Ben was updating us as recently as yesterday.

Mistake 3.You thought you got to had a say in the game design. You were wrong. You don't. See number 1.

Mistake 4. You apparently haven't heard of a business before. When backers or shareholders are involved, there is going to be favoritism. You don't love on your backers, you don't have any money to make the game for the customer. Yes you can't ignore the customers, but you have to remember that the customers are a source of income, so you can't give them the farm, otherwise they won't have any reason to buy the milk. I don't think that analogy was as effective as I'd like it to be, but I don't feel like changing it now.

Mistake 5. Every purchasable software has a terms of service. You submitted your list on a device, operating system, browser, and forum that has a terms of service. You don't agree to the terms of service, you don't get to start using the service. You break the terms of service, you don't get to continue using the service.

Mistake 6. You made two points out of one. See number 5.

On second thought, don't bother with that second draft. I think there are too many mistakes to keep confidence in you as our community spokesperson. As newly self appointed community spokesperson, I revoke your charter as the former Community spokesperson. With my newly assumed Powers, I now dissolve my own position and turn the spokesperson role back over to the entire community. Thank you for your service to our community in this our time of need. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Seeker said:

You're being biased because you're an admin for them lol 

5 was more about agreeing to TOS. Which we never got the choice to do.

I get you have to show a bit of loyalty because you're an admin but even you must admit that this game turned out to be a failure. 

It might have been a success on the money side of things but that's as far as it goes. 

As of now i only look foward to singleplayer and yes on the business side of things they handled everything poorly.

I've never seen a gaming industry make so much failure.

Also I don't wish failure on that new game.

I don't wish failure on gunmedia or illfonic either. 

I hope they learn from this and realize everything they did wrong and improve on that.

I may be friendly with them sure, however I am a backer just like you. I've backed the game for around 5k because I believed in what they were doing. I would not call me bias. I've been gaming for a very long time. I've seen a lot of massive failures in the industry in my time. All things considered with the facts that are here yes there were some set backs and a few issues that were well out of guns control. It boils down to intent. Gun has never maliciously tried to misdirect anyone. If anything they have tried to provide answers to the best of thier ability and provide quick resolutions within the confines of their power. The answers given sometimes will bring mixed emotions with them and whether those answers are favorable or not does not change the facts. 

A couple times I've seen requests for a PR guy. A PR guys job to spin stories in a positive light for the company. Using sleight of hand tactics and attempts to placate people and down play the situation. Would you rather see that? What I have seen is the truth being communicated no matter how hard it is to be honest and I've seen them tell it like it is. They say sorry but people do not want sorry they want something to ease the inconvenience. Has the game had hiccups? Sure, but day in and day out they are hard at work trying to provide the very best experience for the game. This game is still in its infancy. A few month seems like a long time but in all actuality it isn't. I'll use an example of something I read this morning. Ubisoft which is a big company has decided today to add dedicated servers for the game For Honor. That game has been plagued by connection issues since launch and as big as they are it took them half a year to make that call. They never once apologized for the experience and they never said players were right. They simply said this is what we decided to do. 

Single player is being worked on and once that is out the work is still not done. Gun wants to support this game as long as they can and make this the definitive F13 experience. Hell it's been 30 years since a F13 game has been released and they want to do it right. Look past the issues for the moment. Look at the pain staking research and replication from the movies present in game. That is not something indicative of someone out for a cash grab. If a major publisher did decide to do this game (in 30 years no one wanted to) I can tell you the TLC that went into it would not be present.

I never tell anyone how to feel about anything however I like to give credit where it is due and as chaotic as things can be in discussions I attempt to provide an alternate way to look at things and remind people of how much blood sweat and tears actually went into this and continue to go into it. 

Do a million things right and no one will say anything do something wrong an no one ever forgets. It's easy to get wrapped up in a cloud of anger and forget it's human nature. I do not think I am going to sway your opinon with my posts however it's not going to keep me from trying to point things out when I feel the line is getting blurred a little bit.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JPops said:

I may be friendly with them sure, however I am a backer just like you. I've backed the game for around 5k because I believed in what they were doing. I would not call me bias. I've been gaming for a very long time. I've seen a lot of massive failures in the industry in my time. All things considered with the facts that are here yes there were some set backs and a few issues that were well out of guns control. It boils down to intent. Gun has never maliciously tried to misdirect anyone. If anything they have tried to provide answers to the best of thier ability and provide quick resolutions within the confines of their power. The answers given sometimes will bring mixed emotions with them and whether those answers are favorable or not does not change the facts. 

A couple times I've seen requests for a PR guy. A PR guys job to spin stories in a positive light for the company. Using sleight of hand tactics and attempts to placate people and down play the situation. Would you rather see that? What I have seen is the truth being communicated no matter how hard it is to be honest and I've seen them tell it like it is. They say sorry but people do not want sorry they want something to ease the inconvenience. Has the game had hiccups? Sure, but day in and day out they are hard at work trying to provide the very best experience for the game. This game is still in its infancy. A few month seems like a long time but in all actuality it isn't. I'll use an example of something I read this morning. Ubisoft which is a big company has decided today to add dedicated servers for the game For Honor. That game has been plagued by connection issues since launch and as big as they are it took them half a year to make that call. They never once apologized for the experience and they never said players were right. They simply said this is what we decided to do. 

Single player is being worked on and once that is out the work is still not done. Gun wants to support this game as long as they can and make this the definitive F13 experience. Hell it's been 30 years since a F13 game has been released and they want to do it right. Look past the issues for the moment. Look at the pain staking research and replication from the movies present in game. That is not something indicative of someone out for a cash grab. If a major publisher did decide to do this game (in 30 years no one wanted to) I can tell you the TLC that went into it would not be present.

I never tell anyone how to feel about anything however I like to give credit where it is due and as chaotic as things can be in discussions I attempt to provide an alternate way to look at things and remind people of how much blood sweat and tears actually went into this and continue to go into it. 

Do a million things right and no one will say anything do something wrong an no one ever forgets. It's easy to get wrapped up in a cloud of anger and forget it's human nature. I do not think I am going to sway your opinon with my posts however it's not going to keep me from trying to point things out when I feel the line is getting blurred a little bit.

Well I guess you're right lol 

Maybe you should be the community manager ?

7 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

You've taken on the role of community spokesperson? Congratulations! I didn't know the role was open. It's a big job. Truth be told, I wouldn't want it. What with all the responsibility of actually talking to the community and finding out what they think, even those who think beyond the limits of my own opinion. Then to take all of that feedback, and report it to the development team in an effective and concise way? No thank you!

Now reading through your our new Manifesto you have composed for the development team, I'm seeing a couple of minor mistakes. I'm going to make a list of the things you did wrong so you can mull them over and come up with a second draft. 

Mistake 1. You assumed that the majority of the group feels the same as you about team killing. Rookie mistake. Personally, I think it adds a layer of tension to the game anytime I see a teammate running my way with a weapon, and I'm not 100% sure about their intentions. I think the development team made a nice choice by including this feature. Even if I didn't think they did, I recognize that they are ultimately the final decision makers on the flow of the game. Now, rather than ask the community their opinions before you spoke for us, you assumed we all thought like you. Not all of us do. It's fine though. You're new at this...the whole Community spokesperson thing.

Mistake 2. Your expectations on communication turnaround are cartoonishly offbase. This team communicates with slightly great frequency that the big hitters communicate. Ben was updating us as recently as yesterday.

Mistake 3.You thought you got to had a say in the game design. You were wrong. You don't. See number 1.

Mistake 4. You apparently haven't heard of a business before. When backers or shareholders are involved, there is going to be favoritism. You don't love on your backers, you don't have any money to make the game for the customer. Yes you can't ignore the customers, but you have to remember that the customers are a source of income, so you can't give them the farm, otherwise they won't have any reason to buy the milk. I don't think that analogy was as active as I'd like it to be, but I don't feel like changing it now.

Mistake 5. Every purchasable software has a terms of service. You submitted your list on a device, operating system, browser, and forum that has a terms of service. You don't agree to the terms of service, you don't get to start using the service. You break the terms of service, you don't get to continue using the service.

Mistake 6. You made two points out of one. See number 5.

On second thought, don't bother with that second draft. I think there are too many mistakes to keep confidence in you as our community spokesperson. As newly self appointed community spokesperson, I revoke your charter as the former Community spokesperson. With my newly assumed Powers, I now dissolve my own position and turn the spokesperson role back over to the entire community. Thank you for your service to our community in this our time of need. 

Just doing my job ? and those minor mistakes are in your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seeker said:

Well I guess you're right lol 

Maybe you should be the community manager ?

Just doing my job ? and those minor mistakes are in your head.

Well, now I know you didn't read them to the end. The position was dissolved. You're free!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Well, now I know you didn't read them to the end. The position was dissolved. You're free!

I totally read them to the end... despite how god awfully boring it was. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it because I didn't include pictures? I didn't feel like getting up to get the crayons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Was it because I didn't include pictures? I didn't feel like getting up to get the crayons.

Idk maybe you should go get crayons and try it out. 

And DO take your time... I want perfection ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JPops said:

A couple times I've seen requests for a PR guy. A PR guys job to spin stories in a positive light for the company. Using sleight of hand tactics and attempts to placate people and down play the situation. Would you rather see that? What I have seen is the truth being communicated no matter how hard it is to be honest and I've seen them tell it like it is. They say sorry but people do not want sorry they want something to ease the inconvenience. Has the game had hiccups? Sure, but day in and day out they are hard at work trying to provide the very best experience for the game. This game is still in its infancy. A few month seems like a long time but in all actuality it isn't.

You have a really cynical view of what public relations folks do. No one is requesting what you've suggested. An engaging community manager capable of de-escalating situations would be great. As well as a more streamlined way of releasing information. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Idk maybe you should go get crayons and try it out. 

And DO take your time... I want perfection ?

Ok... Here goes.

4V6My7X.jpg

mR0o5RW.jpg

ZQzyRoy.jpg

mYFwNQI.jpg

Better?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You have a really cynical view of what public relations folks do. No one is requesting what you've suggested. An engaging community manager capable of de-escalating situations would be great. As well as a more streamlined way of releasing information. 

It's not cynical, it's the purpose of their job. I am not saying anything bad about anyone that is their job. 

And if you think one singular person can address everything that's a little naive. Usually it's teams of people to handle public relations. As established it's a small company they do the best they can with what they can afford. No ones services are free. 

I welcome one comparison of a community manager that engages the community satisfactory to you. Because like I've said before you don't get interaction from community managers you get announcements and they pick and choose things to respond to. I've seen it several times in several communities with several community managers. I think some expectations are unrealistic. 

Now in terms of streamlining  announcements, it was said it would be worked on. Nothing changes in a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seeker said:

Did I miss some mistakes or are you saying I'm wrong? 

If I missed some then feel free to add.

Your list is largely composed of petty gripes revolving around Savini Jason.

1)Team killing is a necessary part of the game. If you are incapable of understanding why or refuse to accept the reasoning that doesn't make it an issue. It makes it your personal grievance.

2)I don't understand this notion at all. The customers were the people who gave them money to fund the game and they made exactly what they said they were. The customers you are trying to speak for paid for a finished product. They aren't pertinent to what the customers wanted because the game was made at that point.

3)Being organized is subjective. Games with AAA studios are released with bugs so the standard you want to apply to an indie studio is ridiculous. People did test the game but there comes a point where money begins to run low and you have to generate some profit to continue paying salaries. The game was already behind schedule. The idea that they favored backers and streamers when they were the only ones showing an interest is remedial. If you backed you were given beta keys and they gave away plenty for free. Open beta isn't any better for testing. It's less organized and even less testing is done because people are there playing in the crowd as opposed to actually testing. More testers doesn't mean more or better quality testing and reporting. That said they should have released on PC and followed with consoles later. That is absolutely true. Not that you meant that.

4) This is your entire reason for this list and you buried it at number 4 to make it seem less important to you. There is nothing wrong with exclusive DLC for backers, you had every chance to get it, and now you don't. Build a bridge and get over the issue because it will not change.

5-6) Are absolute idiocy. What game on the market that sports online play allows and endorses glitching? People needed a warning? Sounds legit. Definitely a cool story bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JPops said:

It's not cynical, it's the purpose of their job. I am not saying anything bad about anyone that is their job. 

And if you think one singular person can address everything that's a little naive. Usually it's teams of people to handle public relations. As established it's a small company they do the best they can with what they can afford. No ones services are free. 

I welcome one comparison of a community manager that engages the community satisfactory to you. Because like I've said before you don't get interaction from community managers you get announcements and they pick and choose things to respond to. I've seen it several times in several communities with several community managers. I think some expectations are unrealistic. 

Now in terms of streamlining  announcements, it was said it would be worked on. Nothing changes in a day. 

It's cynical. :P

If I'm naïve because I believe the job of a community manager can be done at a higher level than inadequate then I'm happy to be naïve. A lot of us have hard jobs. A lot of us deal with more than what a video game's community manager does and we perform our jobs adequately. He could do better, a lot better. He doesn't have to "address everything" but putting out a dumpster fire or two would go a long ways.

On the subject of being a "small team" and they can only afford this or that- really? So they made no money and must remain a small team? Come on. :rolleyes:

Per your request, here's an example of a self-created PR disaster and how it was handled appropriately:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Ok... Here goes.

4V6My7X.jpg

mR0o5RW.jpg

ZQzyRoy.jpg

mYFwNQI.jpg

Better?

Must admit that was pretty funny ?

And... you're wrong! ?

 

15 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Your list is largely composed of petty gripes revolving around Savini Jason.

1)Team killing is a necessary part of the game. If you are incapable of understanding why or refuse to accept the reasoning that doesn't make it an issue. It makes it your personal grievance.

2)I don't understand this notion at all. The customers were the people who gave them money to fund the game and they made exactly what they said they were. The customers you are trying to speak for paid for a finished product. They aren't pertinent to what the customers wanted because the game was made at that point.

3)Being organized is subjective. Games with AAA studios are released with bugs so the standard you want to apply to an indie studio is ridiculous. People did test the game but there comes a point where money begins to run low and you have to generate some profit to continue paying salaries. The game was already behind schedule. The idea that they favored backers and streamers when they were the only ones showing an interest is remedial. If you backed you were given beta keys and they gave away plenty for free. Open beta isn't any better for testing. It's less organized and even less testing is done because people are there playing in the crowd as opposed to actually testing. More testers doesn't mean more or better quality testing and reporting. That said they should have released on PC and followed with consoles later. That is absolutely true. Not that you meant that.

4) This is your entire reason for this list and you buried it at number 4 to make it seem less important to you. There is nothing wrong with exclusive DLC for backers, you had every chance to get it, and now you don't. Build a bridge and get over the issue because it will not change.

5-6) Are absolute idiocy. What game on the market that sports online play allows and endorses glitching? People needed a warning? Sounds legit. Definitely a cool story bro.

1. I'm not the only one hating team killing. A vast majority of people hate It.

2. It took a news arcticle to make Ben communicate... that's bad.

3. Ok I see your point. I forget they are an indie studio who didnt have enough money to fully test the game even though they didnt need to pay anything because it was fully funded entirely by... wait what's your point again? ?

4. This IS a reason but it's not the entire reason... why would I bury it if it were the main reason? That logic make no sense. ?

The way I see it the skin created some elitist bs where people want it to feel special or superior. 

I said many times that gun should either release it to everyone or remove it from everone that isn't a backer (including psn buyers and giveaways) 

5 and 6 were worded poorly.

5. This was supposed to be about the issues with TOS, specifically not having the choice to agree to any TOS.

6. I didn't say anyone should allow or endorse glitching, but originally it wasn't even listed in the TOS as a bannable offence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

He doesn't have to "address everything" but putting a dumpster fire or two would go a long ways.

To be fair, there's at least one new dumpster fire on this board each day. Some smell legitimate some smell like arson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

To be fair, there's at least one new dumpster fire on this board each day. Some smell legitimate some smell like arson.

That's fair but to address none of them, or wait until they're out of control to address them, is never a good idea. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

That's fair but to address none of them, or wait until they're out of control to address them, is never a good idea. :) 

I think that's a fair statement. I think a centralized point of communication with links posted in the secondary points of communication would be beneficial

8 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Must admit that was pretty funny ?

And... you're wrong! ?

Well, I can't argue with that. [reluctantly grabs a torch and pitchfork] Which way are we mobbing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I think that's a fair statement. I think a centralized point of communication with links posted in the secondary points of communication would be beneficial

Well, I can't argue with that. [reluctantly grabs a torch and pitchfork] Which way are we mobbing?

Seiously though you should make parody posts a permanent thing.

Non offensive ones, you can probably make some good funny ones. ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

It's cynical. :P

If I'm naïve because I believe the job of a community manager can be done at a higher level than inadequate then I'm happy to be naïve. A lot of us have hard jobs. A lot of us deal with more than what a video game's community manager does and we perform our jobs adequately. He could do better, a lot better. He doesn't have to "address everything" but putting a dumpster fire or two would go a long ways.

On the subject of being a "small team" and they can only afford this or that- really? So they made no money and must remain a small team? Come on. :rolleyes:

Per your request, here's an example of a self-created PR disaster and how it was handled appropriately:

 

Well what is clear is how we will not see eye to eye on appropriate responses. If you look through threads on big issues Ben usually pops in and addresses the issue. It's just that people are so jaded that they will not accept the answer as a response. I don't know the controversy behind the game cited in this video but it is a response that I do not see how it has gone above an beyond anything other than a statement.  

F13 had made some money but it also took a lot of money invested initially and also reinvested into the game for the future. It was also said that they have expanded the team but again it is still a small company even if they have expanded. This one game did not bring them into riches. Game development is expensive. I do not have a P and L report from gun but looking at what amounts we can confirm it was not a cash windfall where anyone is using cash as TP because they can. 

I see more times than not issues are non issues and some would like to beat a dead horse and consistently tag the devs as to coherce a response. There is something to a mob mentality. I am not the only one to say that or see it but often times people appear to be waiting in the wings for the anything they can jump and bash on the developers. The large issues that have poped up I have always seen communication on. 

You and I will always be on different sides of the fence bears. It's been this way for a long time but that's OK these are our opinions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well what is clear is how we will not see eye to eye on appropriate responses. If you look through threads on big issues Ben usually pops in and addresses the issue. It's just that people are so jaded that they will not accept the answer as a response. I don't know the controversy behind the game cited in this video but it is a response that I do not see how it has gone above an beyond anything other than a statement.  

F13 had made some money but it also took a lot of money invested initially and also reinvested into the game for the future. It was also said that they have expanded the team but again it is still a small company even if they have expanded. This one game did not bring them into riches. Game development is expensive. I do not have a P and L report from gun but looking at what amounts we can confirm it was not a cash windfall where anyone is using cash as TP because they can. 

I see more times than not issues are non issues and some would like to beat a dead horse and consistently tag the devs as to coherce a response. There is something to a mob mentality. I am not the only one to say that or see it but often times people appear to be waiting in the wings for the anything they can jump and bash on the developers. The large issues that have poped up I have always seen communication on. 

You and I will always be on different sides of the fence bears. It's been this way for a long time but that's OK these are our opinions. 

You make it sound like the invested money came from the devs, which it didnt. 

You're also forgetting it took a news article to comment about how Ben hasn't responded in almost a week before he responded with "I'm not ignoring" just to go back to ignoring again lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well what is clear is how we will not see eye to eye on appropriate responses. If you look through threads on big issues Ben usually pops in and addresses the issue. It's just that people are so jaded that they will not accept the answer as a response. I don't know the controversy behind the game cited in this video but it is a response that I do not see how it has gone above an beyond anything other than a statement.  

F13 had made some money but it also took a lot of money invested initially and also reinvested into the game for the future. It was also said that they have expanded the team but again it is still a small company even if they have expanded. This one game did not bring them into riches. Game development is expensive. I do not have a P and L report from gun but looking at what amounts we can confirm it was not a cash windfall where anyone is using cash as TP because they can. 

I see more times than not issues are non issues and some would like to beat a dead horse and consistently tag the devs as to coherce a response. There is something to a mob mentality. I am not the only one to say that or see it but often times people appear to be waiting in the wings for the anything they can jump and bash on the developers. The large issues that have poped up I have always seen communication on. 

You and I will always be on different sides of the fence bears. It's been this way for a long time but that's OK these are our opinions. 

I 1000% on your side of the fence on this one. My question is, and this could come from being new to forums in general, does Ben's response sometimes get buried in the dogpile of other comments? Do people miss his comment and mistake their oversight as silence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I 1000% on your side of the fence on this one. My question is, and this could come from being new to forums in general, does Ben's response sometimes get buried in the dogpile of other comments? Do people miss his comment and mistake their oversight as silence?

No... there was literally radio silence, think it was happening on f13 Twitter too going by what others said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Seeker said:

No... there was literally radio silence, think it was happening on f13 Twitter too going by what others said.

Not intending to be obstinate, but can you point out a specific period of time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Not intending to be obstinate, but can you point out a specific people of time?

Not really, but i think it was in the savini topic in general, just go back some pages and I think it's in there.

Could have been a different topic though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Not really, but i think it was in the savini topic in general, just go back some pages and I think it's in there.

Could have been a different topic though. 

Sounds like a lot of work....

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/profile/1-gunmedia_ben/content/

...let me know when you're finished. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now