7theye

Is anyone actually buying Dead Alliance?

61 posts in this topic

Given that illfonic has put out as many updates as this game for what seems like a stupid zombie game (like who cares about this?) is there actually anyone who is going to buy this?

I could care less about the zombies and even if I did I would not buy it until they fix this game as promised. 

23 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Given that illfonic has put out as many updates as this game for what seems like a stupid zombie game (like who cares about this?) is there actually anyone who is going to buy this?

I could care less about the zombies and even if I did I would not buy it until they fix this game as promised. 

Couldn't care less*

Saying you "could care LESS" means you care on some level.

"Given that illfonic has put out as many updates as this game" - Again, in English?

1 person likes this

Just now, AldermachXI said:

Couldn't care less*

Saying you "could care LESS" means you care on some level.

"Given that illfonic has put out as many updates as this game" - Again, in English?

Geese grammar police. Need to make yourself feel smart or something?

I could NOT care less about the game

The 2nd part is as it reads - Illfonic has put out as many updates for Dead Alliance as they have for F13th despite one being a beta and another being out for 2 months. It would appear that they have focused a lot of energy on Dead Alliance and given that I would never buy this I was wondering

a) would you buy this at all

or

b) would you have bought this normally but will not because you do not want to support illfonic given this fiasco

or

c) you are going to buy it because you love the game

or

d) you are going to buy it even thought you don't care for the game because you want to support Illfonic the company 

I pick option A

is that more clear?

Downloaded the beta the other day and played it for about 10 minutes before I realized it's god awful. Like to "Umbrella Corps" proportions, bad. I immediately deleted it off my hard drive. It's not even a biased opinion based on the controversy with them developing both games. It was truly a bad game. I know it's in beta, but I get the feeling there's not much they are going to be able to do to improve it. The concept is neat, and with bots and everything it could have been a cool game. At this point, I had a better time playing Resident Evil ORC. That game was a disappointment too, but it was still fun as all hell.

No.  Will not be getting this game.  Not even in beta form.  The zombies look terrible and.....well....we know the issues illfonic has had.  Nuff said. 

Saw gameplay and it looks even worse than Umbrella Corps aka the worst RE game ever... of all time. Why they even bother with this? Lol we have enough zombie games coming out anyway. Seriously between Resident Evil 2 Remake and Last of Us 2 who in the right mind will even bother with Dead Alliance?

1 person likes this

A developer is never "all hands on deck" for one game. They work on multiple. Meaning there's a part of the team dedicated to Dead Alliance...Another part of the team is dedicated to F13.

Now, if you want to get into the number of updates and why...my guess is Dead Alliance hasn't been held up by Xbox Certification. That's really the only reason for the lack of updates for F13 - they had to deal with a major speedbump on Xbox. F13 had a lot of problems they clearly couldn't anticipate on Xbox - the recent patch even changed the resolution slightly to improve fps (hasn't been discussed here from what I've seen. But I noticed it right away.)

Now that that's out of the way, we can expect F13 updates to come more frequently.

Also, this is the wrong section of the forum for this thread. There's an "Other Games Discussion" section. I suggest a mod move this to there...

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Uber Jason X said:

Saw gameplay and it looks even worse than Umbrella Corps aka the worst RE game ever... of all time. Why they even bother with this? Lol we have enough zombie games coming out anyway. Seriously between Resident Evil 2 Remake and Last of Us 2 who in the right mind will even bother with Dead Alliance?

Yeah I mentioned it was comparable to Umbrella Corps. I'm still having trouble deciding which was worse. I'm probably gonna stick with Umbrella Corp for now, cause it was put out by a bigger company. Also, it's one of the few games that you could absolutely tell was gonna be trash just based on the gameplay trailers they'd release. They didn't even try  to hide it. It's like they gave up and just said "fuck it".

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, SciGuy said:

Yeah I mentioned it was comparable to Umbrella Corps. I'm still having trouble deciding which was worse. I'm probably gonna stick with Umbrella Corp for now, cause it was put out by a bigger company. Also, it's one of the few games that you could absolutely tell was gonna be trash just based on the gameplay trailers they'd release. They didn't even try  to hide it. It's like they gave up and just said "fuck it".

Thankfully a friend of mine got UC so he saved me the trouble of wasting money on it. But it was really bad. Like Superman 64 level of bad. Lol. On the blight side, the money from it could go to RE2 Remake :)

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Uber Jason X said:

Thankfully a friend of mine got UC so he saved me the trouble of wasting money on it. But it was really bad. Like Superman 64 level of bad. Lol. On the blight side, the money from it could go to RE2 Remake :)

The remake has such a great potential to be amazing. I'm hoping they stick to fixed camera angles, but there's speculation that it might be first person if they end up using the RE engine. I really hope they don't fuck it up. But hey, maybe they'll include a playable version of 1.5 for us diehard fans lol. One can dream....

1 person likes this

No, not interested at this time.  I will keep an eye out for it once it's more polished.  I am more interested in seeing if the developers for "Last Year" will make it available for consoles.

Pretty sure the "zombie craze" period has been over for a couple years now

Thank god

If I could code, I would personally volunteer to help patch bugs to stop the saltiness on these forums and because I love this game so much and want to stop exploiters.

Answering the title of the topic: Nope.

27 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

If I could code, I would personally volunteer to help patch bugs to stop the saltiness on these forums and because I love this game so much and want to stop exploiters.

Everything tastes better with salt. ;)

And there are people who are being paid to fix this shit. The game had a successful launch, beyond the limited expectations of Gun. They can afford to pay Illphonic some more to fix what's broken.

1 person likes this

Not getting it. 

I got this for the F13th licensed material. 

This is otherwise not a studio I would need to buy from, like Naughty Dog adventure games or Netherrealm fighters.

I guess it's settled @GunMedia_Ben 

Your community has lost faith in you.

I'm going to make a list of the things you did wrong so you can send them back to your team and help improve the future of your business. 

Mistake 1.

You ignored the mass majority of the fans who requested you remove team killing. 

You said "no, team killing will remain because we like that idea". 

Poor business decision.

Rather than put your business and your customers first you you focused on what you wanted.

Next time put business before personal feelings. 

Mistake 2.

You thought silence was the best option to deal with the community. 

This shows how inexperienced and unprofessional you guys are.

Mistake 3.

You weren't organized.

You should have made more efforts to test the game before release. 

You favoured the backers and streamers and failed to release an open beta that everyone could test out.

Mistake 4. You made an exclusive dlc for backers.

Those things show favouritism, divide fans and cause nothing but chaos.

Mistake 5. You messed up by not giving anyone the choice to agree to any TOS in the game and by doing so screwed over customers by banning them from something they spent money on.

Not saying you shouldn't have banned them, I'm saying you should have made them agree to the TOS. 

Mistake 6. You banned people before warning them that glitching was against the rules and by doing so screwed 300 people out of cash.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve to be banned, I'm just saying they should have been warned that what they were doing was wrong. 

And again because nobody agreed to any TOS you really just screwed people out of their money.

2 hours ago, SciGuy said:

The remake has such a great potential to be amazing. I'm hoping they stick to fixed camera angles, but there's speculation that it might be first person if they end up using the RE engine. I really hope they don't fuck it up. But hey, maybe they'll include a playable version of 1.5 for us diehard fans lol. One can dream....

I hope it's not First Person. Im no big fan of Resident Evil going FPS. Oh i hope so with 1.5. I saw some gameplay once and it looked great. I know they said that Leon and Claire will have different actors but i still hope they will get Allyson Court for Claire.

4 hours ago, Uber Jason X said:

I hope it's not First Person. Im no big fan of Resident Evil going FPS. Oh i hope so with 1.5. I saw some gameplay once and it looked great. I know they said that Leon and Claire will have different actors but i still hope they will get Allyson Court for Claire.

They won't be getting her, unfortunately. It's not even up to her. The company responsible for casting decided to go non Union. Speculation dictates they are going this route because they want people that could not only do the voice acting, but mo-cap as well.

1 hour ago, Seeker said:

I'm going to make a list of the things you did wrong so you can send them back to your team and help improve the future of your business. 

Mistake 1.

You ignored the mass majority of the fans who requested you remove team killing. 

Poor business decision.

Rather than put your business and your customers first you you focused on what you wanted.

Mistake 2.

Mistake 3.

You weren't organized.

You favoured the backers and streamers and failed to release an open beta that everyone could test out.

Mistake 5. You messed up by not giving anyone the choice to agree to any TOS in the game and by doing so screwed over customers by banning them from something they spent money on.

Not saying you shouldn't have banned them, I'm saying you should have made them agree to the TOS. 

Mistake 6. You banned people before warning them that glitching was against the rules and by doing so screwed 300 people out of cash.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve to be banned, I'm just saying they should have been warned that what they were doing was wrong. 

And again because nobody agreed to any TOS you really just screwed people out of their money.

Not even close my boy.

Not interested in it but not primarily because of the state of F13(that's like 20% of the reason). I won't get it mainly due to there being too many zombie games already and the gameplay simply looks like ass.

14 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Not even close my boy.

Did I miss some mistakes or are you saying I'm wrong? 

If I missed some then feel free to add.

Me 101% no, why? Simple...I just dont like it.

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

Mistake 1.

Poor business decision.

Mistake 2.

Mistake 3.

You weren't organized.

I want to give my two cents on this list.

1) Game developers make decisions all the time based upon what they want. In fact a good portion of decisions made are because they want them. It's their game, fan feedback is always welcome on games but ultimately a decision is made on what direction the game is going to go. 

2) I disagree that you can call them silent. In fact, they probably have said too much from time to time in an attempt to give people a real perspective into what happens behind the scenes in game development. If you haven't noticed there is sort of an iron curtain that no one gets a look behind in game development. The reactions I've have seen over the course of this game is exactly why game companies operate on keeping everyone out of the know. 

3) Testing was conducted very heavily prior to release. This testing was done on PC as some games usually are since builds can be pushed far quicker. They did not fail to have an opening beta. An open beta was never in the cards. It is very expensive and requires tons of resources to launch and maintain a beta on 3 separate platforms at the same time. Gun did not have the money or resources to pull off such a feat and that was established from the get go. 

4) again, the savini jason was always advertised as a separate backer exclusive. If you want to split hairs it was supposed to be for kickstarter only but was extended to the additional funding period that went on long after the kickstarter ended. 

5 & 6) are basically the same complaint. "I did not know" is not an excuse for intentionally breaking something. When in essence you know you are purposely greifing well maybe play the game as intended in all cases and you have nothing to worry about? You are not privy to the reasons why people were banned and you nor I can speak intelligently on the subject as we are not in the know.

I get people are upset it's quite common with any subject that has a lot of different people involved. I do not see any of the above personally as a mistake. Its more of a personal list of things you disagree with. I am also unsure why you are calling out Gun media. They are not the publisher for Dead Alliance that's a separate thing. As this is a game forum for Friday the 13th I don't expect everyone to have the same tastes outside of F13 which is why they are here. I've heard blind follower be tossed around. Well if someone is buying anything just because it was put out by so and so that's kind of a blind following. You should only be buying games that interst you. Will I buy dead alliance? I see it's on console so there's a much greater possibility that I will. What it will most likely come down to is are my friends gonna be playing also. 

To try and take a limited pool of people and equate that to the overall consensus of all the potential people out there who could buy it is a bit closed minded. 

I personally hope the game does very well whether I purchase it or not. To wish failure upon something because you are upset is kind of silly.