Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PowellCampsNAKED

F13 movie lawsuit article

14 posts in this topic

Not gonna lie, kinda against Miller here. The script is clearly work-for-hire, and in any case, I really don't want to lose Jason as the hockey masked serial killer that he is now. From what I understand, they would no longer be able to make traditional Friday the 13th films if this goes the wrong way.

3 hours ago, shaderaygun said:

Not gonna lie, kinda against Miller here. The script is clearly work-for-hire, and in any case, I really don't want to lose Jason as the hockey masked serial killer that he is now. From what I understand, they would no longer be able to make traditional Friday the 13th films if this goes the wrong way.

I agree 100%

Yep. I don't see how they even think they have a case here. But apparently Larry Zerner gave a talk about this at ComiCon. I wonder what his take on it was/is.

On ‎2017‎年‎7‎月‎29‎日 at 8:24 PM, Motoko said:

Who cares, the movies all sucked lol

Troll Succeeded.

Or you`re under 30.

Or both.

Anyway, can't see how Miller wins this case.  So if you create "Attack of the Foam Hand" in 2017 about a killer Foam Hand and it's young boy owner, and then leave the franchise after that, and in 2047, "Attack of the Foam Hand Part 12" comes out and Rocky the Roaring Razor Rocker is back for the 9th time and keeps killing, you automatically own Rocky the Roaring Razor Rocker?

Umm, no.  If he wasn't in the first film, you're out of luck.

Have to wait until Summer 2018 for a judgment anyway.

TheButtonMasher likes this

8 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Troll Succeeded.

Or you`re under 30.

Or both.

Anyway, can't see how Miller wins this case.  So if you create "Attack of the Foam Hand" in 2017 about a killer Foam Hand and it's young boy owner, and then leave the franchise after that, and in 2047, "Attack of the Foam Hand Part 12" comes out and Rocky the Roaring Razor Rocker is back for the 9th time and keeps killing, you automatically own Rocky the Roaring Razor Rocker?

Umm, no.  If he wasn't in the first film, you're out of luck.

Have to wait until Summer 2018 for a judgment anyway.

Please dude, the movies weren't good and are only watched now for nostalgic/comedic reasons.

I can't even watch them without laughing at how lame it is.

And I am not under 30.

On July 30, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Motoko said:

Please dude, the movies weren't good and are only watched now for nostalgic/comedic reasons.

I can't even watch them without laughing at how lame it is.

And I am not under 30.

Wow.

If you are a horror fan and think the F13 films are awful, or just like this game and think the films are awful, then you are a rare breed.

Not quite sure what brought you here in the first place then?

5 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Wow.

If you are a horror fan and think the F13 films are awful, or just like this game and think the films are awful, then you are a rare breed.

Not quite sure what brought you here in the first place then?

I mean, I haven't seen any critic give them good reviews.. they aren't "classics" either, The Shining would be a classic, Halloween would be a classic, you're really gonna put the F13 movies on the same levels as either of those? Negative.

On 7/30/2017 at 1:03 PM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Or you`re under 30.

OR YOU'RE UNDER 30.

O R  Y O U ' R E  U N D E R  30

Nah but seriously as a 12-year-old who loves the movies I am greatly insulted.

On August 1, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Motoko said:

I mean, I haven't seen any critic give them good reviews.. they aren't "classics" either, The Shining would be a classic, Halloween would be a classic, you're really gonna put the F13 movies on the same levels as either of those? Negative.

No, F13 is not on the same mesmeric level as a The Shining or Halloween, but the first film is a classic and a Top 10 lister.

As for why the F13 Franchise ends up measuring up, it's a classic case of the sum is more than its individual parts. From memorable characters, to a world-class soundtrack, to great one-liners and unforgettable scenes, to a legendary antagonist, the F13 ends up on the "All-Time Best of" list because of it.

And you're supposed to laugh while watching the films. All of them were made with the tongue-in-cheek in mind, especially the sequels, and were okay with it. The Amex car scene in Part VI plus the dialogue in it is the ultimate example of how the films have fun with themselves.

1 hour ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

No, F13 is not on the same mesmeric level as a The Shining or Halloween, but the first film is a classic and a Top 10 lister.

As for why the F13 Franchise ends up measuring up, it's a classic case of the sum is more than its individual parts. From memorable characters, to a world-class soundtrack, to great one-liners and unforgettable scenes, to a legendary antagonist, the F13 ends up on the "All-Time Best of" list because of it.

And you're supposed to laugh while watching the films. All of them were made with the tongue-in-cheek in mind, especially the sequels, and were okay with it. The Amex car scene in Part VI plus the dialogue in it is the ultimate example of how the films have fun with themselves.

I agree 100%, it is the series that is classic. The series is the cultural icon. The series is a collection of memorable moments.

Individually, the movies do fine. There are stronger ones and there are weaker ones. Combined, they were an integral part of their time and have remained recognizable beyond. There are other long running series that still maintain a cult following, but the general public doesn't remember them. Jason doesn't have that problem.

A classic is not required to be high art to be a classic. Ridiculing individual movies from the series does not demonstrate their lack credibility as icons, it demonstrates that you've seen them, despite your personal tastes.

LadySansaLannister likes this

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I agree 100%, it is the series that is classic. The series is the cultural icon. The series is a collection of memorable moments.

Individually, the movies do fine. There are stronger ones and there are weaker ones. Combined, they were an integral part of their time and have remained recognizable beyond. There are other long running series that still maintain a cult following, but the general public doesn't remember them. Jason doesn't have that problem.

A classic is not required to be high art to be a classic. Ridiculing individual movies from the series does not demonstrate their lack credibility as icons, it demonstrates that you've seen them, despite your personal tastes.

All this and Friday The 13th actually did more for the slasher genre than Halloween. Sure, Halloween had an indestructible silent killer in as Michael Myers who killed horny pot-headed teenagers except for relatively innocent Laurie Strode, but it was rather bloodless and only three died in the original. It was more like Psycho in that sense than a slasher movie.

It was Friday The 13th that introduced an isolated location such as a camp, introduced the concept of many people getting murdered in one movie, introduced bloody creative kills, and a somewhat sympathetic back story for the killer. Friday The 13th expanded on what Halloween did, and in the end, the Halloween sequels come of as Friday The 13th rip offs though I enjoy several of them greatly.