weirdkid5

Illfonic Is Already Working On Another Game

193 posts in this topic

Anyone else curious about what those "strongly worded messages" are? ?

5 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I mean, developers are capable of working on more than one game. 

Let's just say the articles did take some things out of context. As far as I know there's been 2 or 3 members here who suggested support for F13 would all out stop. And that's what the sites ran with.

Some of us were more reasonable but the news sites decided to go with clicks.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Let's just say the articles did take some things out of context. As far as I know there's been 2 or 3 members here who suggested support for F13 would all out stop.

Some of us were more reasonable but the news sites decided to go with clicks.

That site that did that article wasnt that bad but it's stuff like wsj you gotta watch out for... Just look at how they tried to attack pewdiepie. 

Those rats are poisonous liars that can't be trusted.

Just now, Seeker said:

That site that did that article wasnt that bad but it's stuff like wsj you gotta watch out for... Just look at how they tried to attack pewdiepie. 

Those rats are poisonous liars that can't be trusted.

The title of the article is: 

"Friday the 13th fans furious as studio moves on to new game

Stab in the back?"

That's a bold claim based off of posts from a forum, especially with no contact from the devs. They did quote my first post, but I don't believe I suggested they would all out bail on the game.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

26 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We sent a very strongly worded message to a few sites for running on speculative posts on Reddit rather than talk to a primary source. This is rather....unfortunate that a rumor from a user completely outside the development or publishing team has somehow become newsworthy. 

We know things have been quiet on our end, but we promise you that is with good reason. We don't like speculation and we don't like missing a mark. Our team has been hard at work on the updates, and I am very much looking forward to being proactive again with our commentary on updates, fixes and added content. There's only so many times we can say 'soon,' before people shrug us off. 

Look, winter finally came on Game of Thrones; the Xbox One patch and more content will come for F13....just won't take as long as 7 seasons :D.

I wanna kiss you on the mouth.

I mean, this is what I've been saying around here for weeks. But people need to hear it first hand otherwise it falls on deaf ears.

1 person likes this

On 25/07/2017 at 7:19 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

The title of the article is: 

"Friday the 13th fans furious as studio moves on to new game

Stab in the back?"

That's a bold claim based off of posts from a forum, especially with no contact from the devs. They did quote my first post, but I don't believe I suggested they would all out bail on the game.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Wsj would have accused gunmedia of being [omitted] supporters lol

On 25/07/2017 at 7:21 PM, JPops said:

Please see this response from the CEO of Illfonic.

Ben beat you to it ?

Yes I saw which is why I removed my post. Lol 

3 minutes ago, JPops said:

Yes I saw which is why I removed my post. Lol 

And made me double post ?

Thanks for fixing it ?

@GunMedia_Ben thank your response and the statement. Good to see that you guys are still here and hopefully working on some big changes.

All I wanted was a word from you guys, not from the other players, and this response satisfies me. I'm here for the long run. Looking forward to what you guys have in store.

lol does anyone read these sites anyways?

I mean, I've heard of eurogamer but it's not like it makes the cut for my daily reads. If it was IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, etc..picking this up, I'd say it was relevant. But not this.

Even if eurogamer does have a decent following, that was a total puff piece. Glad Gun responded to them.

1 person likes this

Well, now we know what it takes to get even basic communication from these people.

Buy their product, and have legitimate issues that need comment?  Nope, not a peep.

Random internet article suggesting maybe they're not the best at their jobs? Trumpets! Crackerjack (box law degree) lawyer letters! Devs actually posting on their own :censored:ing forums! Amazing!

Devs...it's a great concept. Your execution to-date has been somewhere in the C-/D+ range, and communication that feels like a single volunteer monkey at a keyboard has not ameliorated that sub-par work. Step it up already, the biggest problems here aren't so much bugs as poor choices of your own making.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Well, now we know what it takes to get even basic communication from these people.

Buy their product, and have legitimate issues that need comment?  Nope, not a peep.

Random internet article suggesting maybe they're not the best at their jobs? Trumpets! Crackerjack (box law degree) lawyer letters! Devs actually posting on their own :censored:ing forums! Amazing!

Devs...it's a great concept. Your execution to-date has been somewhere in the C-/D+ range, and communication that feels like a single volunteer monkey at a keyboard has not ameliorated that sub-par work. Step it up already, the biggest problems here aren't so much bugs as poor choices of your own making.

lol...no. The biggest problems really are bugs and the certification process. Being silent for the time being will prove to be the smartest thing they've done.

I have no doubt a fairly major patch is coming and the game will be much more stable in the coming weeks. These down times are necessary for all developers.

For reference, Battlefield 1 is going through a similar period right now. They released their first DLC and left the community extremely underwhelmed. The criticism that came from it was met with silence for well over a month (sound familiar?)...then they came out and detailed their plans - which is a major patch / DLC coming in September...

Now compare that to a game that will be 2 MONTHS old TOMORROW! We already received a few updates in the first 2-3 weeks. Now they need time make the major updates...give them that time. It's not like the game has been out 6 months in a bad state (like many AAA titles do).

2 people like this

well it's nice something got a response from them, Too bad all it took was something that would probably have hurt sales of f13 and their new game.

The fact of the matter is, it's ridiculous that the CEO of the company ought to be forced to address a non-issue in the first place.  It's quite evident to me there's a vocal minority here who take any and every chance to throw shade at this game (in particular) and this company (in general).  They take shreds of truth and treat them as "facts."

(If I were a political person, the irony that we call this behaviour "the MSM" nowadays would not escape me.)

I for one am sick of it;  no, fuck that, I'm appalled.  It's too easy in this world to hide behind a computer monitor and use a keyboard like a sword.  The meek are inheriting the Earth right before our eyes.

2 people like this

So this is what it takes to get a response,complete madness. Got it.

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

So this is what it takes to get a response,complete madness. Got it.

Doesn't it always? :blink:

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Obviuos said:

Doesn't it always? :blink:

It just shouldn't have to go this far. I try to keep a neutral bias. I will be positive or negative when the situation calls for either. I don't kiss up,I don't boot lick,and I'm not trying to get in with anyone because I'm trying to promote a stream. But I'm never insulting or straight disrespectful. Coming down on a studio for working on another game like this doesn't happen all the time is a little ridiculous,even being in the position that they are in with the state of Friday The 13th: The Game. But the lack of solid,honest communication in one specified place (no more of these quick check-ins for the discord,responses hidden away on reddit. if you have time for discord,you have time for the forums) from both Gun Media and Illfonic is the reason we have gotten to this. This is the OFFICIAL forum, @wes @GunMedia_Ben @Randygbk. Not something fan made. It's time Gun Media (and some of the users here,for that matter) start fucking acting like it.

Shout out to @JPops  &  @Kodiak,the real mod MVPS.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...no. The biggest problems really are bugs and the certification process. Being silent for the time being will prove to be the smartest thing they've done.

I have no doubt a fairly major patch is coming and the game will be much more stable in the coming weeks. These down times are necessary for all developers.

For reference, Battlefield 1 is going through a similar period right now. They released their first DLC and left the community extremely underwhelmed. The criticism that came from it was met with silence for well over a month (sound familiar?)...then they came out and detailed their plans - which is a major patch / DLC coming in September...

Now compare that to a game that will be 2 MONTHS old TOMORROW! We already received a few updates in the first 2-3 weeks. Now they need time make the major updates...give them that time. It's not like the game has been out 6 months in a bad state (like many AAA titles do).

Soon_TM__Buddy_Christ.jpg

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Soon_TM__Buddy_Christ.jpg

Again...game isn't even 2 months old. Anyone who can't show some patience at this point is a child or acting like one.

When you've gone two months with nothing but silence from the devs, bitch all you want. But that's far from the case here.

At the very least, these past few weeks have really shown people's characters around here. Some of you should be embarrassed.

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Again...game isn't even 2 months old. Anyone who can't show some patience at this point is a child or acting like one.

Honest question:

Do you think this should have been an early access game? An early access period would have done WONDERS.

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

Honest question:

Do you think this should have been an early access game?

Probably, yes. But that just wasn't in the makeup of the game, likely because such a big license was involved. Had the game remained "Summer Camp", you can bet the house it would have had an early access period.

Regardless, it doesn't change anything besides the expectations of the playernbase. Retail or early access, the problems remain the same. People would just bitch less if it was early access.

Battlefield 1 should have been considered Early Access in the state it was released it. You just don't see that happen with major franchises though.

18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Probably, yes. But that just wasn't in the makeup of the game, likely because such a big license was involved. Had the game remained "Summer Camp", you can bet the house it would have had an early access period.

Regardless, it doesn't change anything besides the expectations of the playernbase. Retail or early access, the problems remain the same. People would just bitch less if it was early access.

Battlefield 1 should have been considered Early Access in the state it was released it. You just don't see that happen with major franchises though.

I just hate how because game developers in general are releasing broken games,it's become almost the norm to say:

"Welp,paid full price..... Sure the game is pretty busted,but hey it's only been about two months since release! If you can't wait that long,you need to find a new hobby,nyuck-nyuck-nyuck."

Nope,that doesn't fly with me at all. Not with AAA devs and not with indie devs,especially with a game that is on a much smaller scale than Battlefield 4  or GTA V. And considering that a handful of people are agreeing with you,it probably bothers me as much as the ones you are speaking down against,bother you.

Gamers accepting this as the way it is,is a problem.

Imagine if you bought a ticket to a movie on opening night and not everything was included. Music was missing,entire parts were blurry,the sound was all over the place,and CGI was missing. 

And after the movie the person next to you says:

"Well,it just came out. Give it a month for them to sort it out."

Gamers are a lovely,passionate bunch....

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

When you've gone two months with nothing but silence from the devs, bitch all you want. But that's far from the case here.

At the very least, these past few weeks have really shown people's characters around here. Some of you should be embarrassed.

And I am out of likes for the day.

I'm sure some people will come here and proclaim that two months is too long (for the current bugs and issues to still be in the game), but it must be realized that most people have absolutely zero clue about what it truly takes to create things from the ground up, as opposed to showing up to some employer and doing what they are assigned. 

Ignorance of these matters is not a problem, but the arrogance and impetuousness that some people show towards anyone doing anything less than a 100% perfect job, in the impossible task of meeting today's consumer expectations, is a sad reveal on just how truly far the gaming community has become akin to catty, gnat-brained, insane gossipers - who, in turn, do nothing but spoil the very thing they most would enjoy in the industry - original, imaginative, passionate, INDEPENDENT creators, as opposed to the corporate, factory-line producers that will regurgitate tired formulas with trending IP franchises tied to them, ad nauseum.

They're too scared to trust anyone. And they don't want to be consumer victims or fools to con artists and failed enterprises. So, they attack. Which, as I can speak from personal business experiences, only hurts the very product and efforts to deliver the best possible product.

BAH... heh... anyway... Not that I think any of this damage has gotten too severe (and I understand that Xbox players have legitimate gripes). As you said, it has not actually been that long.

/end rant

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

I just hate how because game developers in general are releasing broken games,it's become almost the norm to say:

"Welp,paid full price..... Sure the game is pretty busted,but hey it's only been about two months since release! If you can't wait that long,you need to find a new hobby,nyuck-nyuck-nyuck."

Nope,that doesn't fly with me at all. Not with AAA devs and not with indie devs,especially with a game that is on a much smaller scale than Battlefield 4  or GTA V. And considering that a handful of people are agreeing with you,it probably bothers me as much as the ones you are speaking down against,bother you.

Gamers accepting this as the way it is,is a problem.

Imagine if you bought a ticket to a movie on opening night and not everything was included. Music was missing,entire parts were blurry,the sound was all over the place,and CGI was missing. 

And after the movie the person next to you says:

"Well,it just came out. Give it a month for them to sort it out."

Gamers are a lovely,passionate bunch....

Even in movies you would see oversights etc, but of course ultimately you are right.

No a state like the current version is nowhere near acceptable and the numbers show it.

1 hour ago, Nomadder said:

And I am out of likes for the day.

I'm sure some people will come here and proclaim that two months is too long (for the current bugs and issues to still be in the game), but it must be realized that most people have absolutely zero clue about what it truly takes to create things from the ground up, as opposed to showing up to some employer and doing what they are assigned. 

Ignorance of these matters is not a problem, but the arrogance and impetuousness that some people show towards anyone doing anything less than a 100% perfect job, in the impossible task of meeting today's consumer expectations, is a sad reveal on just how truly far the gaming community has become akin to catty, gnat-brained, insane gossipers - who, in turn, do nothing but spoil the very thing they most would enjoy in the industry - original, imaginative, passionate, INDEPENDENT creators, as opposed to the corporate, factory-line producers that will regurgitate tired formulas with trending IP franchises tied to them, ad nauseum.

They're too scared to trust anyone. And they don't want to be consumer victims or fools to con artists and failed enterprises. So, they attack. Which, as I can speak from personal business experiences, only hurts the very product and efforts to deliver the best possible product.

BAH... heh... anyway... Not that I think any of this damage has gotten too severe (and I understand that Xbox players have legitimate gripes). As you said, it has not actually been that long.

/end rant

You know what else it takes to create a new DLC? People to sell it too and they are going missing by the day.

Since you claim knowledge on the matter by degrading others:

A team of 30 is what they have running. You can imagine the monthly cost of that right? Let us be generous and say within 2 months they could produce a DLC that everyone that still plays buys. Let us even dive deeper into fantasy and say there ain't steam taking their cut either. No vat either. Straight from your wallet to their wallet. Fuck it let us even add the 3000 viewers we can rule of thumb that watch the game over the course of a day (1000 CCU).

Now let us take PC numbers of 3000 CCU and simply triple it to get going with estimation. 9000 ppl right here and let us go with console each are the same.

27k players and 3k viewers buy the stuff for a total of 30.000 units * 10$ that means 300k is coming in.

Now 30 people running at roughly 5k per person for 2 months... Yeah I guess if they sell the DLC with no cut they barely break even.

Looks very good for the game indeed.

This is reality knocking at your door that even putting 5 blindfolds onto each eye the DLC production is already not worthwhile at this point.

Reality is: Steam takes 30%, vat is somewhere around the 20% mark and gun wants their cut too. I will lean outside the window and claim not everyone is gonna buy it either.

What they have to do now is making a decision. Invest or ditch. Invest into the hopes that this game is the odd one that can be put back from a failed launch to a positive curve of players returning and enjoying it. This is a gambit that will risk more than a million, because it takes time and outside help. Any1s guess if they will commit to this.

1 person likes this