weirdkid5

Illfonic Is Already Working On Another Game

193 posts in this topic

A statement from Chuck, CEO of IllFonic; 

I wanted to address the concerns that IllFonic has abandoned Friday the 13th: The Game for Dead Alliance. This is 100% not true. Most major and independent studios have multiple teams working on multiple projects at the same time. This is critical for the survival of the studio, especially with the ups and downs with the game industry. Dead Alliance was started way before Friday the 13th: The Game. It was a co-development by Psyop Games and IllFonic then titled Moving Hazard. Psyop Games released Moving Hazard to Steam Early Access well over a year ago and it gained interest from Maximum Games for a console port. We’ve had a team who remained working on what turned into Dead Alliance for consoles that has always been separate from the Friday the 13th: The Game team. IllFonic still remains a small studio to this day but we are growing.

With the recent success of Friday the 13th: The Game we have been increasing our staff on the title. We originally had about 20 internal team members working on Friday the 13th: The Game and are now up to about 30 internal team members. We also have opened a second office that sole purpose is to support development of Friday the 13th: The Game. In addition we are continuing to staff up more team members for continued support of the game. So we assure you, continued support for Friday the 13th: The Game has not been abandoned, in fact, it’s quite the opposite

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah I'm sure they can. And I don't see a problem with it either. Sid Alpha did the same and put a screenshot of my post in his video but without the name to keep it anonymous. Its funny because I quoted @bewareofbears dead smack in the middle of the post and he forgot to edit that out lmao.

But yeah, I don't have a problem with it.

Ditto. Anyone anywhere can read and comment on the posts on the forum. They might not be able to join, but they can read...

Perhaps the forum should be closed for guests ? 

You never know what sort of rats will start taking stuff out of context just to attack the game and it's devs. 

10 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

That's good enough for me 😏

The way some people react to every bit of news (and non-news, and silence, and, well, anything and everything) reminds me of people being afraid of the sky.

Wow, the paranoia, cynicism, and reactionary insanity is astounding. I say this with a smile, however, as it is best to sit back and just enjoy it.

Seriously though, people are crazy. :D Nothing new though!! :D 

1 minute ago, Nomadder said:

The way some people react to every bit of news (and non-news, and silence, and, well, anything and everything) reminds me of people being afraid of the sky.

Wow, the paranoia, cynicism, and reactionary insanity is astounding. I say this with a smile, however, as it is best to sit back and just enjoy it.

Yup people are crazy for sure especially a few that I know 

9 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Nice to see a statement on it.

Just now, GrandMasterLynx said:

Yup people are crazy for sure especially a few that I know 

:D I hope no one takes offense to what I said though. For the record, I think that insanity is humanity's defining trait. :D 

2 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Meh experience makes people negative... can't be helped.

It's good to get some communication though from gunmedia even if it's just something simple like "we are working on it." 

Thanks for posting Ben. Glad to see you're still around and lurking. Also really happy with the message you just passed along.

People are getting a little hysterical. But I remain confident you guys will deliver what's needed for the game to succeed.

A.J. Mason likes this

13 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

That's great! I'd hate to see this game die so soon. 

8 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

The update is definitely appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

:D I hope no one takes offense to what I said though. For the record, I think that insanity is humanity's defining trait. :D 

Well I got one don’t really take offense for that lol people on these forums and really crazy especially the ones who love to take Jabs at me and won’t leave me alone and they know who they are 

We sent a very strongly worded message to a few sites for running on speculative posts on Reddit rather than talk to a primary source. This is rather....unfortunate that a rumor from a user completely outside the development or publishing team has somehow become newsworthy. 

We know things have been quiet on our end, but we promise you that is with good reason. We don't like speculation and we don't like missing a mark. Our team has been hard at work on the updates, and I am very much looking forward to being proactive again with our commentary on updates, fixes and added content. There's only so many times we can say 'soon,' before people shrug us off. 

Look, winter finally came on Game of Thrones; the Xbox One patch and more content will come for F13....just won't take as long as 7 seasons :D.

Now they gotta do something like close guest viewing to stop those dangerous news articles.

Too risky to have guests watching us.

1 minute ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Look, winter finally came on Game of Thrones; the Xbox One patch and more content will come for F13....just won't take as long as 7 seasons :D.

Updates are coming...

Alright, Ned. Just don't lose your head over it.

Seeker and NthnButAGoodTime like this

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Now they gotta do something like close guest viewing to stop those dangerous news articles.

Too risky to have guests watching us.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's a public forum. 

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire. It's a public forum. 

Just saying they should make it less public so people atleast have to join to see anything.

I should have chimed in earlier to tell everyone to CALMLY address their concerns about F13 being left behind. People love to jump to the most negative conclusion. We should not be that kind of fanbase. The reddit post said the game previously had 20 team members, and now that number is nearly 30. Either way that is quite a small team. I'm all for cutting slack on the underdog, so everyone just calm down and politely voice your concerns.

Now, as for cutting slack for the underdog, while I like to do it, we were left in the dark with no word one way or the other as to what was going on behind the scenes other than "update coming soon," and that is frustrating. I would have preferred something more tangible like "we are now up to 'X'% finished on this this and that."

Nomadder likes this

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Updates are coming...

Alright, Ned. Just don't lose your head over it.

21 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

...I also doubt they'll make their single player deadline. Clocks ticking.

Oh, they are definitely not making their single player deadline...