weirdkid5

Illfonic Is Already Working On Another Game

193 posts in this topic

So theres a game called Dead Alliance coming out in a few days developed by Illfonic.

Illfonic were the ones who developed F13, it was published by Gun Media. So now the devs of this game are just working on a completely separate game? 

F13 RIP

@Randygbk @wes @GunMedia_Ben

This kinda flew under everyone's radar. I understand that it’s Illfonic working on it, but aren’t they the backbone for this game? In the state the game is in, I expected all hands to be on deck for fixes. Not making a zombie survival shooter. Like there’s already not enough of those on the market. Will this stall or delay any progress on F13?

Here's a link to the website everyone.

http://www.deadalliance.com

And trailer:

wow, way to support the game you already released and promised to keep improving and adding more content for..  What hacks.

Wow, you guys will grab at anything to throw shade at this company.  Illfonic has 4 other games they are currently working on.  So what's the point...

DialM, Chrisi98 and IamNoc like this

Just now, ryanmc564 said:

Wow, you guys will grab at anything to throw shade at this company.  Illfonic has 4 other games they are currently working on.  So what's the point...

Then I don't wanna hear the small team excuse anymore ;)

Well...there's probably gonna be a shit storm coming Illfonic's way once enough people realize this, and they don't release the patch, or at least some info about it besides the usual "soon," "we're sorry," and "we're working on it" bullshit.

13 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Then I don't wanna hear the small team excuse anymore ;)

I agree and completely understand. I think the whole small team talk is exclusive to Gun media and not Illfonic, but some where down the line they got grouped together as one.   

lHeartBreakerl likes this

19 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

There's never going to be a shortage of doomsayers predicting the death of a popular game.  I see it all the time.

i saw announcements for this game a LONG time ago

i didnt know it was ILLFONIC

i really want to say something, but i feel like i want to know the full situation behind this

could this be the reason why the current game feels like a damn beta?

Probably working on both at the same time. So what?

They got a team on F13th and another working on Dead Alliance. It's possible job duties may overlap. Doesn't mean they given up on Friday. 

Dead alliance is probably a different publisher and the money is coming from elsewhere.

I don't see the problem, and they stated many times the patch is in the works and future content will be added.

Nomadder likes this

32 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

So apparently they're doing two things extremely poorly - maybe they could try doing one thing at a time and being halfway competent at it. Judging by the trailer above, plus the state of F13, these guys are in the 'can't walk and chew gum' bin.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

So apparently they're doing two things extremely poorly - maybe they could try doing one thing at a time and being halfway competent at it. Judging by the trailer above, plus the state of F13, these guys are in the 'can't walk and chew gum' bin.

Maybe? Or both games are low budget and coming from 2 separate budgets.

I work in the film industry, and frequently work with a production company that has multiple shows in production, and yet the money is coming from different distributors, so some shows I get a full crew. Others it's just me and a sound mixer and Director.

kinda similar, and just because they got a budget for another game doesn't mean they can take that money and apply it to F13th.

Just now, dandop1984 said:

kinda similar, and just because they got a budget for another game doesn't mean they can take that money and apply it to F13th.

I'm not concerned about the budget for F13 going into the mess that's above. I doubt that'll happen.

What i'm concerned about is two games releasing back to back from an indie studio when they can barely manage one. And from the reddit post above, it's obvious both of these games were being worked on at the same time. So when I see beta bugs and other messes in F13 I have to assume that's because they were working on both of these games.. at the same time.

I know they'll add new content and continue supporting F13. I'm not worried about that either. I am concerned about an indie studio biting off more than it can chew. Especially when one platform of the game is virtually unplayable now almost 2 months past release.

I also doubt they'll make their single player deadline. Clocks ticking.

Ker Juice likes this

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

i like how players give crap to big companies when they take some time to patch things up. now that we know this.... is being a small indie company an excuse?

HALO MCC took about a month to get right and still received so much criticism, we are at 2-3 months following the release of f13 the game and we still waiting for answers

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

You guys know if campkill got banned again?

Judging by his behavior and how quiet it's been, it's safe to assume that he has.

DialM and thatdudescott like this

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Judging by his behavior and how quiet it's been, it's safe to assume that's a yes.

Yeah I noticed how quiet it's been lol 

I wonder who he attacked this time, last I saw he was messing with lynx.

It's amazing though, he just got back and only lasted 3 or 4 days and then he gets banned again. 

Just now, Seeker said:

Yeah I noticed how quiet it's been lol 

I wonder who he attacked this time, last I saw he was messing with lynx.

It's amazing though, he just got back and only lasted 3 or 4 days and then he gets banned again. 

Yeah he's been attacking people left and right. 

Seeker likes this