Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rexfellis

What is the real problem?

16 posts in this topic

@Rydog I will ask you first. Is this not 100% the game we have been asking for since the 1989 NES release? I do understand that there are programming problems, glitches, and exploits that can be taken advantage of. But, at the core of this game, this is what fans have been asking for for years. You get to be Jason, and murder people. I honestly do not see the problem here. Sure, there is a learning curve, but that is true for any game.

@Everyone else I pose the same question to you all. 

7 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@RydogI will ask you first. Is this not 100% the game we have been asking for since the 1989 NES release? I do understand that there are programming problems, glitches, and exploits that can be taken advantage of. But, at the core of this game, this is what fans have been asking for for years. You get to be Jason, and murder people. I honestly do not see the problem here. Sure, there is a learning curve, but that is true for any game.

You pretty much answered your own question there..

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Yeah, pretty much.

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

Maybe I should redefine what I said. I think the game is great. Again, of course it has some issues.. But, I have a blast every time I get into a match. The constant whining from people who are just bad at it bother me. I hope this clears it up a little.

I originally thought if some one would to make a friday the 13th game it would be more of a storied survival horror (something like until dawn) basically the NES game dialed up to a million. However,  of course like any one else i would want to play as Jason and the only way it ever made sense to have a game where you got to be Jason had to be a Multiplayer game to prevent it from getting boring. I'm curious on how the single player is going to be (since you will only play as jason), and how much replayability its going to have.  Outside of AAA graphics and animatons (because who would want them?) this game exceeded my expectations. 

19 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Maybe I should redefine what I said. I think the game is great. Again, of course it has some issues.. But, I have a blast every time I get into a match. The constant whining from people who are just bad at it bother me. I hope this clears it up a little.

If you mean if this is or isn't the game we've been asking for aka Jason murdering people,then yes it's what we wanted. The whining from people who are bad (JASON IS OP) is ridiculous,but the valid complaints from the people having problems are not. Two different things all together. Your fun does not negate anyone who is unable to play without crashing/toxicity.

But I would equate it to waiting years for your parents to get you a dog. On your 14th birthday they finally get you one. But it's covered in fleas and ticks,and you're parents are having a hard time getting the dogs problems sorted out.

Unless you are on Xbox One. If you are on Xbox One,your parents just gave you a box with the dog's head in it,and locked themselves in their room.

;)

The only problem is the game crashes a lot and the glitches that need to be fixed

I’m still having a ton of fun with my friends that I met on this game

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

@Rydog I will ask you first. Is this not 100% the game we have been asking for since the 1989 NES release? I do understand that there are programming problems, glitches, and exploits that can be taken advantage of. But, at the core of this game, this is what fans have been asking for for years. You get to be Jason, and murder people. I honestly do not see the problem here. Sure, there is a learning curve, but that is true for any game.

I play every match with intention to build up as much xp as possible win or lose. A lot of players have trouble understanding that the game is designed for you to die most matches. What matters is how much you can get done in between. People tend to get really bent out of shape because they only survive 1 or 2 matches out of 10. The same ones that shame everybody when they get 8/8 kills when it's their turn are also the ones that usually complain that the game is unbalanced when they die or they start trash talking jason because he's chasing them.

Maddogg_8121 likes this

My 2 cents...........the biggest problem is the player base. The technical issues will be fixed, same can't be said for toxic people.

Nomadder likes this

Game is fun, no question.   One example of an issue i seem to have is when using savini jason.  When i shift, if i hit the L2 button to come out grabbing, i get sent to my ps4 home screen.  Game is still running of course so all i have to do is click back into the game but it throws off my rythm.  Only happens with savini.  Before, i couldn't come out of shift grabbing.  Now, it dashboards me but doesn't kick me from the match.  It is strange.  Still dont have the "I've seen every movie" or whatever trophy it is that you play as every jason even though i have played a full match with each of them at least twice.  Same thing happened with the counselor trophy but it finally showed up.  

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Game is fun, no question.   One example of an issue i seem to have is when using savini jason.  When i shift, if i hit the L2 button to come out grabbing, i get sent to my ps4 home screen.  Game is still running of course so all i have to do is click back into the game but it throws off my rythm.  Only happens with savini.  Before, i couldn't come out of shift grabbing.  Now, it dashboards me but doesn't kick me from the match.  It is strange.  Still dont have the "I've seen every movie" or whatever trophy it is that you play as every jason even though i have played a full match with each of them at least twice.  Same thing happened with the counselor trophy but it finally showed up.  

I still don't have the achievement for killing every counselor and Tommy in a match.

I guarantee you that I have. Many times. I'm just going with a bug or glitch on that one as well.

1.  Bad launch some won't forget or return because of bad first impressions. 

2.  Poor community management / pr.

3.  Crashes, lag, and disconnects that are frustrating enough to sometimes make you turn the game off. You don't even keep your points earned prior to this happening.

4.  Can still sometimes glitch like have the camera frozen in place after using a hiding spot or being unable to move. Items like the fuse getting stuck in the ground makes it impossible to escape.

5.  Toxic community of Jason-helpers, TKers and trolls that you will run into daily.  If not those you get Jason-leavers, rage-quitters and host quitters instead.   

6.  No host migration so many feel we have to kill the host last or let them escape. 

Maddogg_8121 likes this

4 hours ago, Rydog said:

Aren't we already talking about this exact thing in another thread?

I don't think we were talking about the exact same thing in that thread. We were talking about a guy who felt shafted because he was killed early. This is about the gameplay itself. I don't think that it is broken. Yes, there are issues, but the game mechanics work fairly well. We do not agree on this, which is why I tagged you in my initial post. I respect your take on the game, so, I did want to hear how you felt about it.

As for everyone else who replied.., "I answered myself." That may be true. But...again, I wanted to hear what other people thought. I love the game, and I hope they do fix the problems soon

But, I do not believe that not being able to play the game well is a problem. It is just the nature of video games. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but, it it true.

Honestly, I feel people did not expect a multi-player based game.

They were probably expecting a somewhat story driven game where

you are Jason killing nothing but counselors. Honestly, when single player comes out.

It will be somewhat just boring if it's just throwing you in there and just killing nothing

but counselor cpu's. No story background or nothing. Same thing, over and over again.

No online mode in this mode either, cause it's just you. Cause since this game has been a

"problem" for people to address different things about this game. I have to say it was a risky move

to make this a multi-player game, majority wise after seeing everyones reactions. Also this game is about

Jason for the fans, but mainly it's about the counselors as well since you HAVE to play as one for online mode.

Cause I feel once single player is out, the online mode is just gonna drop drastically for people who JUST wanna

play Jason. An it was said/noted, that you can ONLY play Jason in single player mode. Also even though the Dev's tried

to make the message clear that it's not a competition. It feels weird just dying off a lot for some and some just wanna beat the

crap out of Jason to win aka survive is winning. So without a doubt people will make a competition out of this no matter what.

It's hard I know dealing with negative people, but really everyone is viewing this game from different points.

I know for me I could careless if people feel this game is about and to cater to Jason, I just wanted to play in the F13 universe

and become a iconic survivor. In slashers I rather relate to survivors more than the killer which most people proudly announce

that they don't do cause people love the killer at the end of the day. Honestly all this is weird I haven't even touched the game in weeks to a month now because of feelings clashing with one another. Honestly you will feel salty when you lose a lot at times and your ego is gonna boost when you win

a lot. I take this as the world to be, you can't have positivity without negativity, we are human. You can blame some people playing are kids but than what you gonna do when adults act like kids, lol. This world is crazy enough.