Tracemyroots

angry
Lost Faith in Gun Media LLC & the game

29 posts in this topic

I am very upset with Gun Media LLC and all those working on this project. I have requested to talk to someone through official channels about racial slurs, problems and verbal abuse while playing your game. You have chosen to ignore the problem or at least those that want to report the problem. In addition you have not fixed some very basic problems with your game IE items melting in the floor after the person holding them is killed and the person is stuck for nine plus minutes trying to avoid Jason rather than having the option to escape. Instead you have focused your interests and releasing a Vinyl copy of the game sound track is sure number one on my list while the game is still broken. This shows me you are really on top of things that are plaguing this game (you don't have a clue). That's ok, since you wouldn't listen Play station did and they have started an official investigation as to why you have not responded nor addressed the items listed above. As far as I am concerned it is now a mute point as you have lost this customer and my revenue for all future endeavors you proceed with. Its a shame as you had a good thing going but you are loosing the older players to this an many other problems and we are the ones that have the CASH flow to spend.  

2 hours ago, Tracemyroots said:

I am very upset with Gun Media LLC and all those working on this project. I have requested to talk to someone through official channels about racial slurs, problems and verbal abuse while playing your game. You have chosen to ignore the problem or at least those that want to report the problem. In addition you have not fixed some very basic problems with your game IE items melting in the floor after the person holding them is killed and the person is stuck for nine plus minutes trying to avoid Jason rather than having the option to escape. Instead you have focused your interests and releasing a Vinyl copy of the game sound track is sure number one on my list while the game is still broken. This shows me you are really on top of things that are plaguing this game (you don't have a clue). That's ok, since you wouldn't listen Play station did and they have started an official investigation as to why you have not responded nor addressed the items listed above. As far as I am concerned it is now a mute point as you have lost this customer and my revenue for all future endeavors you proceed with. Its a shame as you had a good thing going but you are loosing the older players to this an many other problems and we are the ones that have the CASH flow to spend.  

Unfortunately, your concerns may be read here but likely will not be addressed here. At this time, any community interaction has been minimal as they had a bit of banning controversy about two weeks ago. I dislike saying this but you are more likely to get a response of some sort if you take your issues to a YouTuber or Playstation does actively investigate your claims.

About slurs and abuse, I encourage you to use the mute option if you continue to play the game. 

I sure hope the devs aren`t "loosing" the older players.  Bad enough the game is wonky, but now add in unwarranted sexual touching and it`s just too much.

Perhaps they didn`t listen to you in the first place because you made it a "mute" point, so they didn`t hear you to begin with.

But I`m with you on the squeakers with diarrhea mouth.

The game has a mute feature. Why not just mute someone who is being verbally offensive? Or just look for another lobby, or party up with friends.

I don't see how this is Gun Media's fault, or an exclusive issue that F13 has... You must not play other main stream multiplayer games often, because communication abuse is very common.

DarkRicochet117 and IamNoc like this

Any game you play will have people who will say whatever the hell they want no matter what any game company does or anybody at all it will never change  now for the bugs they really need to fix them and stop focusing on stupid shit that doesn’t need anything like a soundtrack fix the bugs 1st before you try to make more money 

IamNoc likes this

I don't mean to kiss any rears right now but this game was composed with a small team. due to this updates won't come out as fast as a AAA title fix would. Now I trust gun media and will vouch for them in this case because they are good people, they are all responsible and professional from all of my experience.

There was even a poll on what needs to be in the next update on this site a few days ago, so gun is letting the community be responsible for their game also. Think of how many people in that small team is actually working on content/bugfixes and how many are busy reading/watching hundreds of player submitted reports all day. Also did you have cold hard recorded evidence submitted with your report? Otherwise Its hard to ban with fingerpointing.

IamNoc likes this

18 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Any game you play will have people who will say whatever the hell they want no matter what any game company does or anybody at all it will never change  now for the bugs they really need to fix them and stop focusing on stupid shit that doesn’t need anything like a soundtrack fix the bugs 1st before you try to make more money 

The soundtrack is more about fulfilling orders for them from kickstarter/backerkit, so still pretty important to those that put the money out for it.

Survival and BLOODYFISHTACO like this

9 hours ago, DEATH said:

The soundtrack is more about fulfilling orders for them from kickstarter/backerkit, so still pretty important to those that put the money out for it.

Didn’t know it was a kickstarter my bad so that’s good they’re keeping some of the promises 

9 hours ago, Seeker said:

Sony is doing investigations?

What can sony do? 

Apparently anything they want.  They said fuck you to all the exclusive backers and made savini available to the masses

2 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

Apparently anything they want.  They said fuck you to all the exclusive backers and made savini available to the masses

This again. Beating a dead horse.  Let it go. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

That's not Guns fault. It was only uo for 30 minutes and at most a couple hundred people got it. Still exclusive on Xbox and PC, and there aren't a lot of people on PS4 who have it despite your "masses" conment. I'm a backer and I don't give a fuck.

Edited by weirdkid5

9 hours ago, BLOODYFISHTACO said:

There was even a poll on what needs to be in the next update on this site a few days ago, 

Was it started by the devs? Did I miss an official poll or something?

Think of how many people in that small team is actually working on content/bugfixes 

Over 40 people. And Xbox is still without the patch...

3 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

That's not Guns fault. It was only uo for 30 minutes and at most a couple hundred people got it. Still exclusive on Xbox and PC, and there aren't a lot of people on PS4 who have it despite your "masses" conment. I'm a backer and I don't give a fuck.

I never stated it was guns fault.  

I don't mean to kiss any rears right now but this game was composed with a small team. due to this updates won't come out as fast as a AAA title fix would. Now I trust gun media and will vouch for them in this case because they are good people, they are all responsible and professional from all of my experience.

There was even a poll on what needs to be in the next update on this site a few days ago, so gun is letting the community be responsible for their game also. Think of how many people in that small team is actually working on content/bugfixes and how many are busy reading/watching hundreds of player submitted reports all day. Also did you have cold hard recorded evidence submitted with your report? Otherwise Its hard to ban with fingerpointing.

They have plenty of people on the team now they've said this, and they've got Illfonic and other companies to help them, the "small team" excuse is no longer valid. The Deceit team has far less people and they release an update almost every week. And that poll wasn't made by a dev member, but @Randygbk did pop into the thread and say the poll was much appreciated, so here's to him actually listening to what we said.

thatdudescott and Alkavian like this

4 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Was it started by the devs? Did I miss an official poll or something?

Over 40 people. And Xbox is still without the patch...

Illfonic is working on it, but if they have around 40 people I'm sure not all are working on fixes. Some are working on DLCs and others are working on Single Player. I suspect the patches are being done by less than half of that 40 number.

I somewhat agree with the OP, there are some very basic issues that have been around for months that still haven't been fixed, i'm not a programming expert but i know enough to be dangerous, and im sure with only a few hours of work these things could be fixed...

This happens with all games, once it's released and theyve made their money, they dont give a shit.

Thats why all games need to be "pay per month" or whatever, so they still make money over time, otherwise the developers never do anything after release.

All in all, this game isn't very fun after you've played for a few weeks, there isn't a lot to do, leveling up is basically pointless, most perks are useless, and "vanity kills" on jason are meh, plus everyone was given a few 13,000 CP which was enough to basically buy any you wanted.

Would I buy the game again? Probably, but not for 40$. 30 tops. 

10 hours ago, REO said:

The game has a mute feature. Why not just mute someone who is being verbally offensive? Or just look for another lobby, or party up with friends.

I don't see how this is Gun Media's fault, or an exclusive issue that F13 has... You must not play other main stream multiplayer games often, because communication abuse is very common.

For some reason this game has attracted some of the nastiest and racist assholes I have ever heard and I have had to use the mute button quite a bit.  

Overwatch has a good community online. I haven't had any bad experiences online like I have had with F13.  Come to think of it blizzard games are pretty good.  LOL can sometimes get out of hand, but still. It as bad at f13

8 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

Overwatch has a good community online.

I take it you haven't gotten above Diamond?

There are plenty of toxic asshole in OW. One infamous case of a guy that throws unless you send his PayPal account 5 bucks at the start of the match. OW attracts asshole at the high level.

A.J. Mason likes this

My main point in this thread was that if they wont even talk to me (or others) via normal channels they sure as heck don't care about my concerns/issues about this game. (show me a business that does not answer its customers emails and I will show you a business that is doomed to fail.) To further my point on the top of their fix it list they are now going to make the in game EMOJIS? . Yet everyone is yelling at them to fix it so you don't get booted when the host drops out of the game. AGAIN TO MY POINT THEY ARE NOT LISTENING OR DO NOT CARE. it appears that they have our money and don't care.  If they did they would be in open talks about these things with us instead of having to start giving some of the backers their money back. Don't believe me look it up. Backers have started to ask for their money back!! They also said that in the next patch will be in game reporting. That got real quiet fast.  How sad. 

179809d1373210666t-apple-going-down-bill

Devs have been posting on the forums as of late. Maybe you aren't hanging around as much to see what they are saying? Why not PM the devs?

On 7/23/2017 at 11:48 AM, Manny1985 said:

This again. Beating a dead horse.  Let it go. 

iLALyr9NBGOeQ.gif

Multi-Tasking is a critical component to any successful business. Yes, there are other things going on. They are however not taking the coders off the game to produce the sound track. In any business there are people with different jobs. You wouldn't want a nurse to stand in for a surgeon on your surgery right? Well same thing here. Things are worked on all at the same time. Emotes are tied in with the animators and it does not take away from bug fixes. Different team working in a different item. 

The team is small, the focus should be on the game. So a lack of response to every inquiry is time spent elsewhere. You are not being ignored. In regard to examples of such go ask any major AAA developer a question and bring back the response. I would wait but both of us would be dead before you get one. 

All attempts are made to communicate with everyone however it's unrealistic to think each and every tweet, comment ect is going to received a personalized response. It's better than a pre-made canned reponse right? 

In regard to online harassment, that happens in all online games it's an unfortunate reality of people operating anonymously. A couple options are available to you. You may report them using built in reporting features on consoles or you may use the mute button to silence them. I get it's frustrating but not a lot can be done about the disgusting vomit that comes out of some people's mouths.

Your concerns echo others I've heard but it's a matter of patience. If you lose faith because you have to wait that is your personal decision. No one can tell you how you should feel. But your feelings do not make it the reality.

DarkRicochet117 and Michael315 like this

Every single thread of racism or report has been reviewed. 

We are not a ban-happy company and while people on a few of those social pages seem to believe that is not the case, we review each instance for proof. Simply hearing one guy cuss another player out or use a racial slur isn't going to just get them a slap-happy ban. People use words, people harass, people act like assholes. We get that. It's gaming. We're a game with murder....people get heated. 

So; I promise you that your submitted content was reviewed. The message that responded to you was likely automated as we don't need to, nor is it prudent, to respond to the several hundreds of emails we get a day. Unfortunately a large number of reports we get are simply text-based with absolutely no evidence. A good amount of those reports are people simply asking us to ban team-killers. Another good portion of submitted materials are 15-30 second videos showing a counselor standing near Jason while claiming they were team-killing/helping Jason. We get a ton of exploit bug reports. Out of all those hundreds of emails, the actual actionable information is incredibly small and has resulted in few bans.

We review, we take action when possible and move on to the next one. If you provided us with continued, unrelenting, hateful, over-the-top, terrible things being said from a user that was harassing for the sole purpose of hatred and bigotry, we totally ban for that. If someone is being a prick and calls you a couple bad words....mute them and move on. 

I apologize you feel you are being ignored, but you are not. 

You don't happen to be the person that approached me at SDCC, right? 

Michael315 and DarkRicochet117 like this