Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
havek

Do devs even read the forums?

18 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if we're just wasting our time with all these posts if the developers don't bother to read it anyways. It feels like posting any constructive criticism or giving suggestions will be pointless because the devs are busy. My guess is the vast majority of posts go unnoticed by devs.

2 minutes ago, havek said:

I'm not sure if we're just wasting our time with all these posts if the developers don't bother to read it anyways. It feels like posting any constructive criticism or giving suggestions will be pointless because the devs are busy. My guess is the vast majority of posts go unnoticed by devs.

It's definitely fair to assume that. And honestly, I doubt they read much here. 

I've said before that the forums have turned into an echo chamber for fans. Since new people can't even register, it just amplifies that. The only dev I've seen respond to stuff recently is @Randygbk which I definitely appreciate.

Also the fact that the devs seem to prefer more being on Discord or Twitter,heck before the game came out,there was a lots of stuffs that was announced that i didnt even knew about because it was only announced in the Discord server instead of the official game forums,only heard about it from peoples who were kind enough to post those informations here.

Heck,it's been awhile now and we still didnt get a new color font for the site wich the mods+devs said we would eventually have,im getting tired of this 'all bright white' page wich is hurting my eyes,when will we finally have a darker font.

Seriously,if peoples make an official forum for a game they should take better care of it instead of forgetting it and focusing more on other media outlets.

These are a fews of the reasons why i dont visit the forums much recently.

3 hours ago, havek said:

Well, I can excuse them not reading anything for the past few days on account of prepping for comic con.  And just because they don't post doesn't necessarily mean they don't read what we say on here.  Not responding to various questions however is inexcusable.

Even if they read the stuff here they must think we're not worth listening to because before the game even launched we gave a whole list of issues(bugs, glitches, exploits) and they were still in the game at launch and some are still in the game even now. 

There has also been a lot of good suggestions on adding features and gameplay that go unnoticed. I don't expect them to drop everything and add the stuff we bring up here, but we have come up with some petty good ideas especially in reference to dealing with bad players. Instead they added -1000xp for TK's and the most convoluted way possible to report bad players. So, it's fairly obvious they just don't care about these forums it what we suggest. 

Ben even said it himself. This forum is the least of their concerns because it has the most devoted players and they can spend their time elsewhere because they want to reach out to other people less familiar with the franchise. I'm paraphrasing of course but that was basically what was said. When their devoted base up and leaves it will be because of Gun's lack of interest in their loyal fans. 

15 hours ago, havek said:

I posted a thread about Seasonal events, I literally poured all my good ideas into it and made pictures and stuff and they didn't even look at it.

I really don't think they check the forums :(

They used to come in and post a little more before launch but it wasn't anything stellar. They would answer a question here and there and drop some game info from time to time but that was about it. I've never seen them provide any feedback on ideas or discuss anything in depth with us like they do on other sites. Most i just see Ben come in to berate us and ban people.

7 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

They used to come in and post a little more before launch but it wasn't anything stellar. They would answer a question here and there and drop some game info from time to time but that was about it. I've never seen them provide any feedback on ideas or discuss anything in depth with us like they do on other sites. 

It's nice to see you're on the pissed boat now. You've been here longer than most of us and if you're angry, the rest of us should be too imo

8 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

It's nice to see you're on the pissed boat now. You've been here longer than most of us and if you're angry, the rest of us should be too imo

Well, i'm at least very disappointed in their handling of the launch and post launch issues, as well as their lack of any substantial information concerning updates and fixes. This was a crowdfunded game and while that doesn't mean we will get a say in it's development we the loyal fans of the franchise and backers are what will keep this game going when others start losing interest. While most companies are large enough to not need fan input this company is not. This game will require Gun to engage it's community or it will fail. If they don't listen to what players want or engage with us they will lose their already limited player base and this game will fizzle out and die in no time.

I have disagreed with Gun more than once and have told them so when I do. I'm not one of their yes men. I want to see this game succeed and sometimes that requires tough love. I'm active in this community and help other users when I can and contribute my ideas and to others ideas when i have something to add. This community is to add to the overall game experience, discuss problem, seek answers, contribute ideas, and build a solid player base. For Gun to ignore this forum is just bad judgement in my opinion.

8 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

They will be back when they need the "hardcore" fans again..

-_-

Might be too late at that point.

I hope they at least read all the bug reports on here cause hows stuff meant to be fixed if they arnt on here checking whats broken.

thatdudescott likes this

Anything I suggest here they are welcome to or I wouldn't have suggested it. But, according to the faq they don't want to hear ideas on what we want. If you do tell them anyway they make sure to tell you they will give you zero recognition and use it as they please if they choose to use it. While I can see the point of the statement it comes off very douchy. At least give credit where credit is due it's not like they'll have to cough up money if they give someone recognition. 

I am tired of calling out @GunMedia_Ben for being the worst PR person on the planet. He doesn't care about us or doing his PR job. 

Hopefully he has to answer to God at some point for his actions 

35 minutes ago, 7theye said:

I am tired of calling out @GunMedia_Ben for being the worst PR person on the planet. He doesn't care about us or doing his PR job. 

Probably because he's at comic con. I assume he'll be in for a shock when he sees his notifications lmao.

RandallFlagg and westwarren like this

1 hour ago, 7theye said:

7theye, calm down and don't post stuff that is so antagonizing. Show a bit of patience and understanding, it will benefit in the long run. 

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Probably because he's at comic con. I assume he'll be in for a shock when he sees his notifications lmao.

Actually he visited Thursday the 20th (Day 1 of SDCC) at 11:18 AM. His last post was July 8th. He's been gone for a little over two weeks now. 

7 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Actually he visited Thursday the 20th (Day 1 of SDCC) at 11:18 AM. His last post was July 8th. He's been gone for a little over two weeks now. 

Two weeks, that's interesting, The radio silence has lasted longer than I expected.

SnakeSound222 likes this