Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fantastic Dave

Buh Bye

38 posts in this topic

After owning the game for a month, I got a refund from Xbox support this morning. No problem. Even though - as the helpdesk guy said - 'all purchases are final and non returnable', after 2-3 minutes of him consulting 'materials' (his words) I got my money back.

Does that really sound like a fix for XB1 is on the way? 

There's no single player coming. Maybe a new map. No physical copy. No backer rewards. I see you can get the Savini skin for £5.00 now on eBay - remember when it was going for £250?

What an absolutely shocking episode this has been. Surprised the media hasn't been on this more. 

Anyway, good luck to all who remain...

What their doing with the Savini skin on Ebay is an exploit and will get you banned from Xbox. It's an account glitch but basically anybody with the skin can give it to another user. And they are on EBay selling it as god damn service for $15. I'm not going to go into details on how it's done but I'm surprised EBay or Microsoft hasn't stepped in. I'm surprised there are no topics mentioning this. 

11 minutes ago, JasonX316 said:

What their doing with the Savini skin on Ebay is an exploit and will get you banned from Xbox. It's an account glitch but basically anybody with the skin can give it to another user. And they are on EBay selling it as god damn service for $15. I'm not going to go into details on how it's done but I'm surprised EBay or Microsoft hasn't stepped in. I'm surprised there are no topics mentioning this. 

People could be selling their code.   PS4 Savini Jasons are still listed for $100+.

This is not people selling their code. If you look at the multiple auctions listed, they even say. This Does Not Include A Code. This has been going on for a long time on Xbox but I've never seen people selling a exploit on EBay before. It's pretty crazy but what can you do. I do not know if you can do this exploit on PlayStation but it does work on Xbox. And the more expensive Xbox auctions on eBay for Savini are actual codes. It's the cheap ones that are going to be damaging.  

23 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I was hoping this would happen, meaning the games problems would weed out all the casual fans. All the issues will be ironed out and the games community will be left with the true F13 fans, not these trashy posers. 

Not sure how having a broken game and getting a refund makes someone a trashy poser. I stopped playing on PS4 before the patch that fixed the roof glitch- it was unplayable. I'm a little trashy and I've done some modelling I'm not proud of... maybe that's why I was upset the game was broken?

The Arrogant Man and Quinn FTW like this

3 hours ago, John Wick said:

I was hoping this would happen, meaning the games problems would weed out all the casual fans. All the issues will be ironed out and the games community will be left with the true F13 fans, not these trashy posers. 

The game needs the player base, and it doesn't make them "trashy posers" just because they are understandably upset about something that is so broken on XBONE that I'm surprised that platform even has a single player left at this stage

I do not own an XBOX, but I do sympathize with all the XBONE users, since I am incredibly frustrated with the BETA level product that we are playing on Steam and PS4, so I don't even want to know how they feel with their early ALPHA version

I have only been on this forum for 5 weeks, but overall, the morale has gone backwards by a very large margin, and by many hardcore franchise fans that were totally in love with every aspect of the game, but that has withered with each passing day that Gun Media remains radio silent about the future of the game, gives questionable responses via their twitter, almost going borderline rude to fans, and the latest, locking an official forum from new registrations

I sincerely hope that these guys haven't sailed off into the sun set, just because they had a great vision of a great game, and just don't want to handle the aftermath of selling an unfinished product, while sitting with our money.

I personally don't even care about having paid for this title twice, but what I do care about is absolutely zero concern to address game breaking issues, and PR that is completely non-existent.

4 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

The game needs the player base, and it doesn't make them "trashy posers" just because they are understandably upset about something that is so broken on XBONE that I'm surprised that platform even has a single player left at this stage

I do not own an XBOX, but I do sympathize with all the XBONE users, since I am incredibly frustrated with the BETA level product that we are playing on Steam and PS4, so I don't even want to know how they feel with their early ALPHA version

I have only been on this forum for 5 weeks, but overall, the morale has gone backwards by a very large margin, and by many hardcore franchise fans that were totally in love with every aspect of the game, but that has withered with each passing day that Gun Media remains radio silent about the future of the game, gives questionable responses via their twitter, almost going borderline rude to fans, and the latest, locking an official forum from new registrations

I sincerely hope that these guys haven't sailed off into the sun set, just because they had a great vision of a great game, and just don't want to handle the aftermath of selling an unfinished product, while sitting with our money.

I personally don't even care about having paid for this title twice, but what I do care about is absolutely zero concern to address game breaking issues, and PR that is completely non-existent.

Well said.

Gun media can only cover for illfonics crap game for so long, if I were them I would quit also. 

5 hours ago, Arcanecynic said:

Very well said. You get a like from me. ;)

13 hours ago, Fantastic Dave said:

After owning the game for a month, I got a refund from Xbox support this morning. No problem. Even though - as the helpdesk guy said - 'all purchases are final and non returnable', after 2-3 minutes of him consulting 'materials' (his words) I got my money back.

There's no single player coming. Maybe a new map. No physical copy. No backer rewards. I see you can get the Savini skin for £5.00 now on eBay - remember when it was going for £250?

What an absolutely shocking episode this has been. Surprised the media hasn't been on this more. 

Congrats.  My request was declined so here I am.  I'm on PS4. 

11 hours ago, John Wick said:

Seems like all people do is complain these days. Seems like people can't enjoy anything for what it is anymore and instead bitch about what it should have been for them. But your right John Wick the casual player base is getting weeded out.

matisangry likes this

14 hours ago, Fantastic Dave said:

I seen it for like $400+

16 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Not sure how having a broken game and getting a refund makes someone a trashy poser. I stopped playing on PS4 before the patch that fixed the roof glitch- it was unplayable. I'm a little trashy and I've done some modelling I'm not proud of... maybe that's why I was upset the game was broken?

This my be my favorite post here so far. 

Quinn FTW and bewareofbears like this

Guys guys guys! Y'all need to relax ...

I paid $500 and have no concern in the world!  So a few non backers got the Savini Jason "I'm over it" the single player is on its way and the bugs are being fixed!  To get a refund is kinda pointless ... the game is super fun!

Ricky, Survival and TheHansonGoons like this

I already got my moneys worth. If I never played the game again I would be fully satisfied with backing the game. I already got much more hours and entertainment out of this than I did from full price AAA games. I also still believe they will pull through all the problems and iron the game out further. It has serious issues now, but I still love it.

I don't quite understand why everyone who refunds the game feels a need to make some grandiose exit on the forums, but okay? Bye?

Single player is coming, they've said it several times and the community has basically deduced that it will be out at the end of August or beginning of September.

The developers have alluded to new content.

And the cheap versions of the Savini skin are coming from people who are game-sharing briefly and then changing their password. It is basically a scam at this point.

Not saying that the Xbox version doesn't suck currently, because it does, but I managed to hit max level and still have fun with the game. I'm not leaving anytime soon.

Ricky and Survival like this

I've never bought into the grand/mic drop exit.

I always think its more believable when people just stop posting and you don't see them anymore.

Like that Crazy Ralph fella who left a bit before launch. I doubt he actually left. He probably just doesn't log in anymore and just lurks the forum instead to make people think he left.

On 7/21/2017 at 10:27 AM, Fantastic Dave said:

I feel like a lot of people didn't expect a bumpy ride despite this being a Kickstarter game. To put things into perspective, Shantae still doesn't have all of the backer content it promised, but it's getting there. The good thing is Gun is upfront and communicating the process of backer rewards and content like the single player, unlike Comcept that still hasn't delivered on a bunch of backer rewards and is silent about it. 

The situation the game is in right now is bad, I think refunding the game on Xbox is probably the best decision for now since it seems like that's the version of the game that's going to suffer the most. But games like this made by small studios take more time to be polished and fixed, it took Dead by Daylight a year to get where it is today, and even then the game still isn't great. F13 probably won't reach it's full potential until next year, and who knows what the community will be by then. 

Unfortunately, the F13 license wasn't going to make this game better than what it was going to be when it was just Summer Camp, it probably wouldn't even have had the funding it got. Hopefully Gun gets it's issues sorted out and content and updates can start coming at a faster pace. But until then it's probably best to wait and treat this game as an Early Access title. To be honest, I'm surprised it isn't and was released as a full release. Because it sure doesn't feel finished, and if it were an early access game the public reception would likely not be as bad. 

14 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I paid $500 and have no concern in the world!  So a few non backers got the Savini Jason "I'm over it" the single player is on its way and the bugs are being fixed!  To get a refund is kinda pointless ... the game is super fun!

The game is fun when it actually works.. I tried playing a few games on Xbox, but it kept crashing and disconnecting...... Needless to say I just quit the game. Its just ridicules to be honest.

14 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

A broken game is a broken game.

Xbox owners should get a refund if they want too. 

We still have no information about the patch besides the ever elusive "soon".

Just bc some people won't blindly support a company that knowingly released a game with a memory leak that makes it crash, and they want a refund for said issue doesn't make it pointless.

thatdudescott and Quinn FTW like this