EspionageCosmo

Developers: Why No Ban for Serial Team-Killers?

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 7theye said:

It just ruins the game to have someone running around killing people. 

Like gun gun media said if you want to do that then let hem play private games. Do t care what they do there. Just ban them from public matches 

They never said go to private they said they won't touch it. However if you hate team killing so much go to private, that would end this for you. 

56 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

They never said go to private they said they won't touch it. However if you hate team killing so much go to private, that would end this for you. 

I seen people kill in private matches 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I seen people kill in private matches 

Those players can be kicked. Plus isn't not a big issue to find players who won't kill. 

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Those players can be kicked. Plus isn't not a big issue to find players who won't kill. 

Yup it’s not a big issue plus you gotta have TK since people can trap you in the bathroom and rooms with the door as the only exit since the window you can’t climb out of

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Yup it’s not a big issue plus you gotta have TK since people can trap you in the bathroom and rooms with the door as the only exit since the window you can’t climb out of

It will add more to the issues. Can't kill well now they are trap. 

I've been involved in team killing multiple times, people have waited by the police to shoot players trying to escape with guns, I've been that person who gets shot and it is really not fun.

But I've also been the person trying to save a counselor from Jason and I accidentally kill them with a weapon instead.

Sometimes killing another player isn't intentional, but a lot of the time, it's just because they are a twat.

I think the smartest way to do this would be to have a system that allows players that team kill to only be paired with other players who also team kill.

Kind of like an in-game prison. You can only be paired with players who don't team kill once you get your reputation up.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

I've been involved in team killing multiple times, people have waited by the police to shoot players trying to escape with guns, I've been that person who gets shot and it is really not fun.

But I've also been the person trying to save a counselor from Jason and I accidentally kill them with a weapon instead.

Sometimes killing another player isn't intentional, but a lot of the time, it's just because they are a twat.

I think the smartest way to do this would be to have a system that allows players that team kill to only be paired with other players who also team kill.

Kind of like an in-game prison. You can only be paired with players who don't team kill once you get your reputation up.

So what will happen if every game you try to save somebody from Jason by shooting him or hitting him with a weapon but kill the player you were trying to help

so should you get out into lobbies that are full of real TK?

but since you were really trying to help save the person but accidentally killed them instead how will they program this?

if I would get punished for trying to save people I would say screw it I’m not going to help you get out of Jason’s death grip since I will be out in the bad sports lobby

now

for escaping in the Car people walk right in front of my car I don’t want to run them over and I try to back up but some asshole is right behind me as well so I guess I’m screwed since if I run them over I can get out in the bad sports lobby well I guess I should just let Jason kill me

For people escaping in the car I will just let everybody run me over since I will step right in front of them and screw them and let them go into the bad sports lobby

Don't you see how much trouble this will cause instead of fixing the issue

The real best way to fix this is put the friendly fire option back on private matches this way no more TK

1 hour ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

The real best way to fix this is put the friendly fire option back on private matches this way no more TK

This wouldn't fix quick play. Private is private. Putting Team Killers in their own lobbies would help. However this would also cause more issues for those killing by accident and trolls will use it as well to piss you off. So there is no winning in this. 

2 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

So what will happen if every game you try to save somebody from Jason by shooting him or hitting him with a weapon but kill the player you were trying to help

so should you get out into lobbies that are full of real TK?

but since you were really trying to help save the person but accidentally killed them instead how will they program this?

if I would get punished for trying to save people I would say screw it I’m not going to help you get out of Jason’s death grip since I will be out in the bad sports lobby

now

for escaping in the Car people walk right in front of my car I don’t want to run them over and I try to back up but some asshole is right behind me as well so I guess I’m screwed since if I run them over I can get out in the bad sports lobby well I guess I should just let Jason kill me

For people escaping in the car I will just let everybody run me over since I will step right in front of them and screw them and let them go into the bad sports lobby

Don't you see how much trouble this will cause instead of fixing the issue

I don't think you understand what I said.

It wouldn't cause any trouble, it teaches people to be careful when saving team members and teaches players not to kill their own team on purpose.

(You would still lose XP regardless)

Killing one person by accident wouldn't do anything, but if you continue killing team members by accident then you are doing something wrong.

I've only killed one person by accident in the last two weeks, and that was by hitting them with a bat by accident when they got grabbed for the 3rd time.

The system I suggested would mean your reputation goes up if you don't team kill, but goes down if you do.

If you killed someone by accident one game but didn't the next, you would be fine. Because you aren't killing constantly.

But if you killed someone one game and the next game, the one after that, the next one and one more after. Than your reputation would drop and you would start being paired with others who keep killing team members.

If you keep killing a team member who is grabbed or keep running people over, then you need to be more aware of what's going on. (For example, Check mini-map and be prepared to brake, Shoot Jason in the knees to prevent team killing)

6 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

This might be my single favorite quote of the month. :) If you call a person a dick, you might think his name is Richard. If you call a person a pussy, you might think they are a cat. But, if you call a person a twat, there is no denying your intention there!

Of course if a you call a person a cunt...well, just don't call people cunts. That will probably result in you having a beatdown thrown your way!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

I don't think you understand what I said.

It wouldn't cause any trouble, it teaches people to be careful when saving team members and teaches players not to kill their own team on purpose.

(You would still lose XP regardless)

Killing one person by accident wouldn't do anything, but if you continue killing team members by accident then you are doing something wrong.

I've only killed one person by accident in the last two weeks, and that was by hitting them with a bat by accident when they got grabbed for the 3rd time.

The system I suggested would mean your reputation goes up if you don't team kill, but goes down if you do.

If you killed someone by accident one game but didn't the next, you would be fine. Because you aren't killing constantly.

But if you killed someone one game and the next game, the one after that, the next one and one more after. Than your reputation would drop and you would start being paired with others who keep killing team members.

If you keep killing a team member who is grabbed or keep running people over, then you need to be more aware of what's going on. (For example, Check mini-map and be prepared to brake, Shoot Jason in the knees to prevent team killing)

Okay so I won’t help anybody and just don’t pick up anybody just in case they get in my way but instead of killing I will attack them till they start to stumble instead of walking so I will be off the hook since I didn’t TK so no matter how you put it for TK it will never fix a damn thing so you just gotta accept that people will TK or make you TK them

1 hour ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Okay so I won’t help anybody and just don’t pick up anybody just in case they get in my way but instead of killing I will attack them till they start to stumble instead of walking so I will be off the hook since I didn’t TK so no matter how you put it for TK it will never fix a damn thing so you just gotta accept that people will TK or make you TK them

giphy.gif

If you can't help a team member without hitting them or drive a car without hitting someone that's deeply concerning...

1 minute ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

giphy.gif

If you can't help a team member without hitting them or drive a car without hitting someone that's deeply concerning...

Okay so don’t help anybody at all got it just be a jackass and don’t even try to help people even if it means that you accidentally kill them

I’m sorry to say I rather help people instead of doing nothing even if it means I will just get 1XP for the trouble 

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

This might be my single favorite quote of the month. :) If you call a person a dick, you might think his name is Richard. If you call a person a pussy, you might think they are a cat. But, if you call a person a twat, there is no denying your intention there!

Of course if a you call a person a cunt...well, just don't call people cunts. That will probably result in you having a beatdown thrown your way!

Thank you, I have my moments.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

Thank you, I have my moments.

Yes you do. Thanks for that one because I did actually laugh

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

giphy.gif

The guy's clearly trolling, he does it a lot - best not to feed him.

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

Nope not trolling just stating how stupid it is that people think punishing TK would do anything but it would really screw that people who don’t TK

I can easily get people to kill me or just go into peoples traps or run in front of them when their driving so it will screw them since I’m not TK at all so this is why they shouldn’t be punished at all and be put into a lobby full of people who do TK just to piss people off

so if you really want to discuss how TK should be taken care of I will be here

I hate TK douches but banning isn't the answer. There are more good people than bad, build a group of decent players. Not hard then to gang kill trouble makers.

On 25/07/2017 at 3:31 AM, AJLeatherman said:

You get them on every forum, but hey what can you do. I still stand by my ideas. :D

giphy.gif

As it stands now...

The best of both worlds would be...

1. Bear traps = suicide always

2. You get killed by friendly fire = YOU GET 1,000 XP

3. You get kill someone with friendly fire = YOU GAIN 100 XP

4. Car related deaths either way = 100 XP gain, since malace here is a lot more questionable.

I know...crazy logic. Your awarding team killing, but your also rewarding the person who gets killed significantly more. Sure, more people would be looking to intentionally get killed, but here there is no downside and people who look to intentionally kill, will now find it less worth their while since the person they are killing are getting rewarded FAR MORE.

The other more extreme option...the game auto kicks people who team kill...under any circumstance that doesn't involve bear traps, which remains suicide.

Team killers want to stick around after they kill...deny them that by just auto kicking them AND taking their points...since all they are gonna do is do the same thing again...over and over.

As I've stated before I won't ever hold the belief that TK'ing, as annoying as some are with it, should be a bannable offense. If you're a good player you know how to get around it. Many times someone has tried that on me & it didn't go so well...it's all about knowing the in and outs of the game. Plus, there are instances where you may accidentally kill someone...now you're banned for a TK you didn't mean to commit.

For instance, this past weekend me & a guy are in a cabin. Jason is breaking down the back door and the guy is playing as Vanessa while I have A.J. He has a baseball bat, I have a shotgun. And instead of moving out of the way while I'm taking aim, he tries to hit Jason & gets in the way just as I'm firing so he got shot. That was a dumb decision on his behalf, not mine.

There should truly be 2 public lobbies that you can enter, 1 where players can't damage other players, and 1 where players can damage other players.  This assumes that GunMedia supports TKing in some form.  From my previous experience with MMOs, less than 10% of the players of a game are interested in being able to kill other players at any time and w/o warning.  More than half the people that I have been playing with have stopped playing for one reason or another, but they all agree that they won't be coming back as long as it is possible to attack other players, aside from Jason.

I think team killing is OK only when they are being stupid like trying to steal your spot in an escape vehicle they didn't help with or running up to beat on you for no reason.  I make it simple tho if I run into Jason helpers senseless TKers or such I send them a message saying whatever I feel like and block them. Simple fix and works well.  I think those type will get sorted out in time or will quit playing altogether when the next new game comes along they can be a pro tard at. Devs would waste much wanted time for game development by looking into all these issues imo

This may be a somewhat moot point by now with the new patch coming out, but maybe one solution can be,... for the remaining TK possibilities, that the offending player, intentional or not, will for the remainder of the game, light up bright red at ANY distance on Jasons sense, and will only be able to move at the slowest speed when you are at the lowest health. It could be argued that killing your friend in a real life or movie scenario would seriously drive your fear up and just ruin your composure over the guilt, thus making you bright red to Jason and have difficulty moving at normal speed due to guilt/fear/despair/emotional compromise. That would be one way, gimp the team killer. For car kills, make the steering become even more difficult to control to simulate the same thing, and yes, the above conditions apply if the TKer leaves the vehicle.