EspionageCosmo

Developers: Why No Ban for Serial Team-Killers?

49 posts in this topic

Developers,

Specific Bannable Offenses Rule #7 Reads in part: "we do not ban for team-killing"

Why is there no ban for serial team-killers?

I understand the need to not report people you simply don't like, but intentional team-killing seems to be a different issue all together.

I have video of three separate players in one night, intentionally killing multiple people in-game and in doing so, they destroyed two matches completely. In one case, I got him to admit it on video, and the other two are seen laughing and joking about killing others as they are doing it.

This seems to be becoming a more common problem and it ruins the experience of the game. 

Toxic players are capitalizing on the fact that this is, as of yet, not a bannable offense.

Please consider doing one of the following:
1. Include Intentional team-killing as a bannable offense, requiring proof of intent along with video in order to qualify for ban.
2. Create an in-game "reputation" system where other players can rate 1-5 stars and also click on a reason for the rating like cheating/exploits/team-kill/abusive, etc. and allow people in Public Lobby to check a box to avoid being matched with such players.

With how much intentional-team-killing ruins the game, I'm surprised there is no recourse.

-Espionage Cosmo

I have to disagree with this.

Team-killing sucks but it adds to the thrill. Who can you trust and who will kill you for no reason. Banning someone for team-killing shouldn't be a thing. Team killers should be put into bad sport lobbies with other team killers. That would help fix this issue. 

21 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Team-killing sucks but it adds to the thrill. Who can you trust and who will kill you for no reason. Banning someone for team-killing shouldn't be a thing. Team killers should be put into bad sport lobbies with other team killers. That would help fix this issue. 

Team-killing (or wounding) as a tactic to improve your own odds of survival is fun, it is pretty much the "If we are getting chased by a zombie i'm tripping you" deal. Idiots running around murdering other people for no reason is not fun.

I'm sure what the OP meant by "serial" team-killers is the jackasses that run around and murder people in every game they play. I have several blocked players on steam whose profiles are riddled with angry comments cussing them out for team-killing every match. I keep track of these social rejects so I can immediately abandon ship if one shows up in my lobby.

Maybe not start with a permanent ban (depending on the severity of the issue) but in reality the only way to control a psychopath online is to get rid of it as permanently as possible; not slap it on the wrist and waste production time/budget on special lobbies just to appease the crazy SJWs.

If anyone is surprised or angry that they received a ban while they were not playing within the rules and spirit of ANY game then they definitely have a few screws loose.

In short: This definitely SHOULD be a bannable offense.

Let’s see how about instead of banning for TK

we have them put back the option to turn off friendly fire like it was in private matches

If you play in public matches that’s your fault anything is up for grabs in public if you don’t wanna get TK join a private match and ask the host to turn off friendly fire or host your own and turn it off

But we can’t do that right now till they put the option back

Lets make a stupid list of bannable offensives

1 Jason doesn’t kill somebody but let’s them live and walks with them but the player doesn’t lead him anywhere but he follows Jason

2 player ditches key items in the middle of nowhere

3 player takes 4 seat and leaves everybody who’s next to the car

4 player runs away when he could have saved you for not helping get out of Jason’s death grip

so if you really wanna think about it you can have so many ways to ban people so I guess you want a game that your mom would be happy that your playing that everybody will work together and sing campfire songs

well I’m sorry to burst your bubble but a lot of people are out for themselves so please don’t go and making/asking for people to get ban since you don’t like how they play since the next thing you know you will do something they won’t like and they want you banned for it

Ran into a guy yesterday whose own friends warned me to stay away from. He sets up private matches selects jason last second work together & he goes around the map team killing everyone.

If attacked by another player I will kill them. I don't want to fight other players but if attacked I show no mercy. 

I don't know, I never come in with a posse, and I'm miced, so in the rare occasions I run into it, it'll be some guy who comes up to me in the first 30 seconds of the game, asks me if I wanna troll with them, and I politely let them know "not for me", then tip the rest of the lobby.

7 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Team-killing (or wounding) as a tactic to improve your own odds of survival is fun, it is pretty much the "If we are getting chased by a zombie i'm tripping you" deal. Idiots running around murdering other people for no reason is not fun.

I'm sure what the OP meant by "serial" team-killers is the jackasses that run around and murder people in every game they play. I have several blocked players on steam whose profiles are riddled with angry comments cussing them out for team-killing every match. I keep track of these social rejects so I can immediately abandon ship if one shows up in my lobby.

Maybe not start with a permanent ban (depending on the severity of the issue) but in reality the only way to control a psychopath online is to get rid of it as permanently as possible; not slap it on the wrist and waste production time/budget on special lobbies just to appease the crazy SJWs.

If anyone is surprised or angry that they received a ban while they were not playing within the rules and spirit of ANY game then they definitely have a few screws loose.

Okay, now team killing is bannable. Trolls now have a weapon on you. They now know they can't be killed when holding items you need. Only way to get them is if you kill them but they can record you killing them and you would get your account banned. 

Now, I don't care much for team killing but that's the breaks in quick play. You'll run into people who will kill you for no reason. If they are team killing then leave, why report them? There is no point. It's like if someone is calling you names or being racist. There is a mute feature for a reason. You can say it should be bannable but unless they are working with Jason then you have a right to complain but if they are just doing it to get you to notices them then you have fallen for their traps. 

If your tired of team killers go to private find some people who play it and join them. They have rules set and follow them. Quick play is the wild west, everyone is out for themselves and if you find a good group of people in a quick play add them to make a private match. 

Now saying a lobby for team killers would be SJW. If you play GTA 5 they had a bad sports lobby for players who blew up other players cars. They wore a dunce cap and were put with other players who wore dunce caps. There are rules in place and team killing isn't bannable unless that person is working with Jason. If he's just out to be a jerk then that's what he'll do.

Plus a ban won't stop some, some have fake accounts to troll people on, so you'll never see the end of it. Only thing to do is avoid them. If you find a lobby and someone kills you and others then you should leave and find another lobby or find people to do private lobbies. 

If I run into a team killer I just quit. Fuck wasting my energy trying to kill them or letting them kill me, I just quit. It's not even worth the time & energy. And if I'm Jason & there's team killers (like last night when I played with friends) I'll kill them & let everyone else escape so they can be salty about it. Gotta find balance with this shit.

Team killing sucks, but can be a self-governing issue.  Get on the radio and report the tk'er and let the team deal with him.  To ban people for TK'ing would create more issues than it would resolve.  So long as their not teaming with Jason, it's a legit, albeit stupid, strategy.

I feel like I'm tempted to TK in 50% of the matches I play. Keep getting people who follow me around and don't ever stop talking.  

1 person likes this

I'm not too keen on Team Killing. If you attack me, I'll respond in kind, and leave you in the critical. I won't kill you, that's Jason's job.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:39 AM, Ghostboy20 said:

I agree that there should be some sort of lobby or mechanism for serious players to be able to avoid team killers should they decide to do so. Team killer lobbies could help with this. This introduces volunteerism into the picture and is perfect. 

The part of your statement that I disagree with is that while it may add thrill for you, and there is nothing wrong with that if that's what you prefer,... it adds a good bit of frustration for those players who like me, expect players to generally work together in the given scenario. The idea of the game is to, as closely as possible anyway, emulate the movies, in which no one counselor killed another (important fyi) I can see potentially offing someone for the 2nd seat on the boat when you found the propeller while they only got lucky and decided to camp the boat while the others do the work. My issue is people who decide "You know what, let's get the shotgun, and kill people only because it pisses them off." Those people are my issue. What are your thoughts on the more trollish versus the more circumstantial issues like what I mentioned?

On 7/20/2017 at 4:07 AM, Psychosocial23 said:

While I agree that players should be able to play with other players who are OK with the possibility of team killing, I also think that players who would like to avoid these sorts of players should have the option to be able to do so.

Just to clear the air, by a team killer, I'm specifying individuals who decide that a large portion of their fun will come from aggravating other players in the game by killing them as opposed to playing the game the way he was meant to be played.

This is one of the reasons I suggest that developers install a system to allow certain players to play with certain groups based on preference.

I do not want to inflict my personal preferences on everyone. That being said I would prefer a system that allows or disallows players to play with people who are both into and not into team killing, but who are into playing the game as originally intended (no discord, no team killing).

I am very sure that by splitting up players based on the tape of game play they prefer, that there is a categorical solution that exists for everyone. 

You can’t split people up let’s say 2 out of 8 doesn’t want people who TK and the 6 doesn’t care so does that mean the 6 who don’t give a shit about it get screwed since they can’t join the 2 people?

They did have a option to turn off friendly fire in Private matches but they took that away

so if they put that back there will be no need for a system that won’t work at all just have the option in Private Matches to have friendly fire on/off

but if you go to a public match than I’m sorry but they won’t have a option for that so you will get TK if somebody feels like it

I been TK just last match I had 2 people teamed up on me to kill me for my Gas for the Boat I told them they will be kicked and they were like we didn’t do anything you can to me as Tommy and killed us they go on to say that they won’t be kicked and I told my friend who’s the host what happened in party chat and they got kicked lol

do I want to have friendly fire off hell no but a option to have it on/off in a private match yes

the reason why we should be able to TK

lets say I’m in your game and you go into a bathroom I’m standing at the door the only exit and your stuck so Jason comes along and kills us both now you could have killed me to get out of the bathroom but you want them to take away TK and the other one would be in a cabin with the window blocked and the door is the only exit so I can wait for Jason to show up and snitch on you that your hiding under the bed or in the closet and Jason will kill you as well

so now do you see why you need TK sure you can play with people who don’t TK but they still can trap you in a room so how will you fight against that since they don’t team kill they just trap you in a room so please tell me how turning TK off would fix anything?

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, EspionageCosmo said:

I agree that there should be some sort of lobby or mechanism for serious players to be able to avoid team killers should they decide to do so. Team killer lobbies could help with this. This introduces volunteerism into the picture and is perfect. 

The part of your statement that I disagree with is that while it may add thrill for you, and there is nothing wrong with that if that's what you prefer,... it adds a good bit of frustration for those players who like me, expect players to generally work together in the given scenario. The idea of the game is to, as closely as possible anyway, emulate the movies, in which no one counselor killed another (important fyi) I can see potentially offing someone for the 2nd seat on the boat when you found the propeller while they only got lucky and decided to camp the boat while the others do the work. My issue is people who decide "You know what, let's get the shotgun, and kill people only because it pisses them off." Those people are my issue. What are your thoughts on the more trollish versus the more circumstantial issues like what I mentioned?

And that's why you should find people who are like that. You can if you search. Quick play is wild and should be like that. Private matches have rules set so you don't have to worry about that. There are people who have things set like that. All you gotta do is look. 

Honestly putting the option to turn off TKing in private matches seems like a moot point to me. By definition of a private match you are only playing with people you know and/or have a lot of fun with, so the chances of some stranger being a total dick and killing everyone are next to none. Unless that's the kind of match the players agree on beforehand. I had a private match where me and my friends selected one player to be "Roy" and see if he could beat Jason in kills.

To me it bannable acts depend on if such a thing would possibly occur in the movies/real life. 

Would someone lead Jason around helping him kill others? NO

Would they try and tell Jason where the others are hiding to save themselves? YES

Would someone poissbly attack another person to take car keys or something to ensure their survival? YES

Would someone run around with a bat killing other people for the fun of it with a killer on the loose ? NO

So...i think TK for a purpose (or stealing items or something) is allowable but running around TK for the hell of it should not

3 minutes ago, 7theye said:

movies/real life.

This is a game. Games have different rules. If someone goes around team killing they shouldn't be banned for that. This is a game. If you don't like it there is always an option to leave. No one is holding you there to deal with these people. It's like muting people. It's not hard. 

3 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

This is a game. Games have different rules. If someone goes around team killing they shouldn't be banned for that. This is a game. If you don't like it there is always an option to leave. No one is holding you there to deal with these people. It's like muting people. It's not hard. 

Completely didn't read my post huh 

Like all of the other anti-TK threads, it comes down to this:  99% of the time, it isn't done for strategy, or to take items, or to take the last spot in a car/boat, or any of the other rare scenarios that people use to rationalize it - it's JUST being done for trolling and to ruin the game for others.  That's the OVERWHELMING majority of the TK in this game, and there's countless threads documenting exactly that.

Don't try to dress up TK as anything other than that in this game.

And yes, if they won't let us toggle it on/off as a personal in-game option, then they should ban the serial offenders.

TBH the only intentional TKer I cane across was a cunt who hit me with a bat and left me as Jason approached the cabin. Asshole literally said his reason was "Because I'm a dick." Other than that only TKs I've died from were mostly my fault as I was in the way of the car, or someone shot at Jason while he had grabbed me which killed me. Oh yeah, I remember my first few matches one guy ran into the lodge, grabbed the gun, and shot me for no reason.

5 hours ago, 7theye said:

Completely didn't read my post huh 

I read it all. I highlighted the whole movie/life. Video games are an escape from life. Be someone you aren't in real life. Even if it's a movie it doesn't always have to follow the rules. What you said about team killing just to kill shouldn't be. Well I disagree, that's forcing you to tell someone how to play. It's a game, people will always do something stupid to piss someone off in game. That's why you find players and set rules. You don't force people to play how you play. That's not right, I don't team kill unless someone is team killing or if someone isn't giving up the gas or battery. Does it suck yes but that's life, you just move on, don't let them bother you. It's just a game, you'll always get idiots. 

At the end of the day its basically a matter of whose fun should it mainly focus on. People team kill because its fun to them, but im sure the people who get team killed (especially early in the game) dont find it fun. So why is the team killer fun more important than someone who just wants to play the game? To be fair as well you cannot just "leave" especially if you are the host, and since it happens constantly to some people you can go multiple matches/lobbies with TK, or even worse the same TK who is following you. you are screwing everyone else over just for one person. Its not right, and again goes back to whose enjoyment/fun is more important for the game.

8 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I read it all. I highlighted the whole movie/life. Video games are an escape from life. Be someone you aren't in real life. Even if it's a movie it doesn't always have to follow the rules. What you said about team killing just to kill shouldn't be. Well I disagree, that's forcing you to tell someone how to play. It's a game, people will always do something stupid to piss someone off in game. That's why you find players and set rules. You don't force people to play how you play. That's not right, I don't team kill unless someone is team killing or if someone isn't giving up the gas or battery. Does it suck yes but that's life, you just move on, don't let them bother you. It's just a game, you'll always get idiots. 

It just ruins the game to have someone running around killing people. 

Like gun gun media said if you want to do that then let hem play private games. Do t care what they do there. Just ban them from public matches 

1 person likes this