Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lHeartBreakerl

leatherface
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Leatherface - Prequel due September

11 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Already not sure how I feel about this.

I am indifferent. It definitely does not look like what they were describing when they kept trying to get some sort of positive response out of people. Looks like a normal newer Chainsaw movie. I dunno. I enjoyed 3D because of how bad it was. We will see...not in theaters though.

It looks better than I expected it to, considering how long it has been on the shelf, but I really don't think the world needs this continued assault of TEXAS CHAINSAW remakes, prequels and reboots.

Just move the damn thing forward already if you are going to keep making movies about it.

The script wasn't terrible but this movie had to be on the shelf as long as it was for a reason. I'll watch it with extremely low expectations. Leatherface keeps chugging along while Jason and Freddy are stuck in limbo.

I REALLY want this to be good.  A TCM prequel COULD be a good idea.  However I really only liked the first two original TCM movies, so I'll also go in with low expectations.  The trailer didn't help at all.  

17 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

The script wasn't terrible but this movie had to be on the shelf as long as it was for a reason. I'll watch it with extremely low expectations. Leatherface keeps chugging along while Jason and Freddy are stuck in limbo.

There has been the odd movie to sit on the shelf for a long time that was good. Trick 'r Treat is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

3 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

There has been the odd movie to sit on the shelf for a long time that was good. Trick 'r Treat is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

CABIN IN THE WOODS is another one.

Regarding CHAINSAW though... Am I the only one that thinks it's just weird that every film since, like, LEATHERFACE: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3 has been a reboot or a prequel?

36 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

CABIN IN THE WOODS is another one.

Regarding CHAINSAW though... Am I the only one that thinks it's just weird that every film since, like, LEATHERFACE: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3, has been a reboot or a prequel?

You're Next had issues getting distribution too. 

And yeah, that is weird. It is probably cause all the reboots don't give room for proper sequels.

On the one hand, I'm not crazy about Leatherface's appearance in this film.

On the other hand, slasher flicks are a rarity these days, especially big studio ones.

Kinda sad though, I actually really liked the direction Texas Chainsaw 3D was going, and am sad they won't be continuing with that story line.