Slippery Ferret

Friend used Exploits

99 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

I said "leaving the battery for you to take" because clearly you saw me take the shotgun, and leave the battery. This is kind of a 1+1 scenario

I didn't see a battery, but you obviously did, so if I took a shotgun, and left a battery, take the damn battery yourself? That's not me lying, it's completing your scenario for you, that really isn't that complicated.

You attempted to TK her and failed, what was your reason for trying to run her over? Nah dude, you are a self entitled piece of work, and you felt that because you "contribute" which no one asks you to do, you can do as you please at other's expense.

Once again, do your "testing" in private matches, and begone from quick matches, your 'testing" and self entitled justice is not needed, seriously.

You mean when I ran you over she was suddenly behind you spraying medicine on you. I didn't fail to kill her I never wanted to. I offered her to get inside the car and to grab healing for her too. She didn't want to. She wanted to fight as I told you several times. Clearly you must have heard our conversation since she was in the same room as you?

2 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

Absolutely NO ONE asked him to do this, so he's not entitled to do as he pleases just because he goes out of his way to do something no one asked him to do in the first place.

Gonna flip this on you: Please name one other person, besides me or Pappus, who is making an active effort to surface advanced knowledge and tech for this game.

4 minutes ago, Rydog said:

Hey, I say things that get under people's skin too (see: probably this entire thread), but that doesn't mean it's reasonable or productive to ignore or dismiss the literal full human days that I have dedicated to researching, analyzing, and documenting the game's mechanics for the good of the community.

Sometimes you're not gonna like what someone says (or how they say it), but it doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

Also, it's a really dim view to treat this like a solo game, when you are quite literally placed into a team and given resources that encourage team tactics. (See, you probably don't like that I said that, either.)

I'm not saying that they don't know what they are talking about. I've seen your posts read what you had to say. I've seen debates and I'm just playing for fun, I don't really care much for what people have to say about what character is better or what perks are better or anything like that. I'll use what I like and if I wanna get some info I have people on the forms who have tested things out and I'll check them out myself. Sometimes data can change with updates and things like that but that doesn't mean I'm not listening. 

I'm not treating this like a solo game. However it can be played like that. You don't need a team to escape. It's a lot better but sometimes things happen to where either people are in party chats or don't have mics and won't listen. If they aren't trying to work together then what's the point in helping them? I like when people work together, we can get a lot done faster but killing someone because they aren't helping then let them die by Jason, I mean that's why Jason is there. Your just putting yourself in more danger of Jason coming for you because that's one less person for Jason to kill. I'm not against team work, but saying this game is all about team work isn't true, you can do things alone and escape without a team. It's better to let people play how they want, if they wanna lone wolf it and you and your team are working on cars or other things then that lone wolf might have Jason on their tail but if everyone is lone wolfing it less people will escape but you have a chance to escape. 

So yeah, there are both pro's and cons to both sides. Team killing because they aren't helping only put you and your team in more danger. 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Rydog said:

Gonna flip this on you: Please name one other person, besides me or Pappus, who is making an active effort to surface advanced knowledge and tech for this game.

Just about everyone who ask questions on this message board and those who answer them. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Just about everyone who ask questions on this message board and those who answer them. 

Please cite three examples, on this forum, of new advanced tech surfacing in this manner.

9 minutes ago, Pappus said:

You mean when I ran you over she was suddenly behind you spraying medicine on you. I didn't fail to kill her I never wanted to. I offered her to get inside the car and to grab healing for her too. She didn't want to. She wanted to fight as I told you several times. Clearly you must have heard our conversation since she was in the same room as you?

She wanted to fight yes, because she can randomly see a douche trying to run over another counselor, and how dare she spray an injured person! Lets run her over too! Your logic is so broken, it's frightening.

1 person likes this

Just now, Rydog said:

Please cite three examples, on this forum, of new advanced tech surfacing in this manner.

You do this digging in your own time. If you want a pat on the back, send your ideas to gun directly, don't expect the forum to worship you for your time investment on something that no one asked you to do in the first place.

Once again, your contribution is your own business, and doesn't justify doing as you please at someone else's expense in game. You can bring a police officer lunch every day of the week, but your ass is still going to get locked up if you rob the house next door, you are not above the rules just because you "contribute"

6 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

1) Not news that going into a hiding place momentarily boosts your stamina recharge. I wouldn't bet on it being the fastest though.

2) This is an exploit so while it was known I didn't throw it around like others. Knowledge about repair xp stuff I think ~1 month when someone made an "infinite xp" video

3) First or second whiteboard guide I made actually. Included tons of stuff about how to stop it too. Stuff is so old I can't even remember what is in it anymore.

4 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

You do this digging in your own time. If you want a pat on the back, send your ideas to gun directly, don't expect the forum to worship you for your time investment on something that no one asked you to do in the first place.

Once again, your contribution is your own business, and doesn't justify doing as you please at someone else's expense in game. You can bring a police officer lunch every day of the week, but your ass is still going to get locked up if you rob the house next door, you are not above the rules just because you "contribute"

Thing is that TKing is not against the rules.

2 minutes ago, Rydog said:

In what way do you consider XP gain or basic Stamina mechanics to be advanced tech in any regard? Also, driving in reverse predates that thread substantially.

"advanced knowledge"

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

I was only asking you to substantiate your claim.

1 minute ago, Pappus said:

1) Not news that going into a hiding place momentarily boosts your stamina recharge. I wouldn't bet on it being the fastest though.

2) This is an exploit so while it was known I didn't throw it around like others. Knowledge about repair xp stuff I think ~1 month when someone made an "infinite xp" video

3) First or second whiteboard guide I made actually. Included tons of stuff about how to stop it too. Stuff is so old I can't even remember what is in it anymore.

LOL the term "advance" is very subjective. I know advance to you is going to be much different from advance to a causal player. I don't think anything posted by anyone outside of you and Rydog will be advance by your standards.

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

LOL the term "advance" is very subjective. I know advance to you is going to be much different from advance to a causal player. I don't think anything posted by anyone outside of you and Rydog will be advance by your standards.

Well, I mean, yes. Advanced tech is what differentiates casual play from what I am discussing. I'm talking about things like frame data, animation cancelling, Morph trapping, Shiftbatting, that sort of tech.

EDIT: Quick note to say that I apologize for any of this getting adversarial on my part. I am not trying to attack anyone personally, I am just trying to explain my position.

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Abduction would have been an example. A viewer found that one and shared it with me. Luke. I knew it existed + a morph variant but not how to reproduce it. He found how to reproduce it. Now we all have fun with it.

I gave up on "contributing" because the attention I tried to grab was not given. And that attention wasn't aimed at the users... it was the devs.

This is the remnants (lots of you seen it):

I aimed at filling this up with more and more things (including tech and what they intent to do about them) but the replies by the users here, some discussions with Pappus, especially about him reporting alot of issues to the devs and them arrogantly ignoring them, all that just lead me to stop giving a shit and not waste my time anymore. I wanted it to be a good place to discuss all the gameplay/mechanic topics with the devs and so on... ofc the side effect would've been what you can see in Rydog's and Pappus's research... that there is huge fundamental design issues with this game and I kinda get the feeling that someone who worked his ass off on this game, doesn't take it too lightly when these flaws surface and the response would be rather emotional than objective... at least that's what I have to assume when it comes to this kind of topic and their silence. So I said fuck it... just like the devs.

So, no one can blame me for not trying... TL;DR: I was motivated and then got demotivated. (It was my very first post on here!)

I could care less about the tech, the hidden strategies, etc that Rydog, Pappus and others are gathering, showing, etc. I play the game the way I like to play it. Having said that, it doesn't make me right and them wrong, and if this is how they play, want they want to do, more power to them! No reason to bash. If you don't like the way they play, then don't play with them. There's no reason for anyone to get mad. I don't agree with TKing under most circumstances. But if I don't like something, I'll make it a point that play with others that play the same way I do. I've managed to put a ton of hours in, have a blast doing it, and haven't found a reason to blast on others here. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, pRaX said:

I gave up on "contributing" because the attention I tried to grab was not given. And that attention wasn't aimed at the users... it was the devs.

This is the remnants (lots of you seen it):

I aimed at filling this up with more and more things (including tech and what they intent to do about them) but the replies by the users here, some discussions with Pappus, especially about him reporting alot of issues to the devs and them arrogantly ignoring them, all that just lead me to stop giving a shit and not waste my time anymore. I wanted it to be a good place to discuss all the gameplay/mechanic topics with the devs and so on... ofc the side effect would've been what you can see in Rydog's and Pappus's research... that there is huge fundamental design issues with this game and I kinda get the feeling that someone who worked his ass off on this game, doesn't take it too lightly when these flaws surface and the response would be rather emotional than objective... at least that's what I have to assume when it comes to this kind of topic and their silence. So I said fuck it... just like the devs.

So, no one can blame me for not trying... TL;DR: I was motivated and then got demotivated. (It was my very first post on here!)

Didnt see that one.

I can understand your lack of motivation though. Every day I check here as a small stop to see if people need a quick help here and there just to see a tirade of whiners about me. I wonder why I even keep posting here. I guess I haven't given up on more people seeing the rough diamond beyond all the ugliness yet.

However recognition comes automatically. For every whiner I have here I have a couple of more people saying thank you and the same will happen for your efforts.

2 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

I could care less about the tech, the hidden strategies, etc that Rydog, Pappus and others are gathering, showing, etc. I play the game the way I like to play it. Having said that, it doesn't make me right and them wrong, and if this is how they play, want they want to do, more power to them! No reason to bash. If you don't like the way they play, then don't play with them. There's no reason for anyone to get mad. I don't agree with TKing under most circumstances. But if I don't like something, I'll make it a point that play with others that play the same way I do. I've managed to put a ton of hours in, have a blast doing it, and haven't found a reason to blast on others here. 

You don't think ahead enough. Just because you disregard all these things, doesn't mean that the majority won't catch up over time and it will become Meta. And when that happens, you'll care... because the game will be an even bigger clusterfuck than it already is. That is, if the devs stay ignorant to all of it.

We all want the game to shine... why else would we still be here and post.

2 minutes ago, pRaX said:

Yes! Exactly.

11 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Didnt see that one.

I can understand your lack of motivation though. Every day I check here as a small stop to see if people need a quick help here and there just to see a tirade of whiners about me. I wonder why I even keep posting here. I guess I haven't given up on more people seeing the rough diamond beyond all the ugliness yet.

However recognition comes automatically. For every whiner I have here I have a couple of more people saying thank you and the same will happen for your efforts.

Lol. There's your problem right there. Evidence exists to show you have a basic knowledge of game play and you cheat. 

Dont blame a forum of players for not welcoming your "advanced" advice. 

Just now, Campkill said:

Lol. There's your problem right there. Evidence exists to show you have a basic knowledge of game play and you cheat. 

Dont blame a forum of players for not welcoming your "advanced" advice. 

Your trolling is too basic. Step it up. You are also always welcomed to showcase better gameplay, but I guess that will fail within 20s of slacking around barricading the first door you can find?

13 minutes ago, pRaX said:

I do want to see this game shine. this game is amazing and I love it for all it's faults. I have so many hours put into this game since launch. I want to see what the devs can do and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this game.

18 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

I do agree with you (I would like but I'm out of likes) I just have the issue of just murdering someone for not bringing you the battery. Other then that yes play the way you want. I'll get annoyed when I get killed for no reason or Jason kills me but I know once the game is done I can leave and find other's and I always tend to find some cool people. This game is how we the player plays. 100% Agree. I'm not gonna tell someone how to play but I will point out that maybe letting Jason handle the guy while you and your team work together. That's one less person that you'll not have to worry about, there really isn't a need to kill someone who isn't helping, Jason has you covered there. 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Your trolling is too basic. Step it up. You are also always welcomed to showcase better gameplay, but I guess that will fail within 20s of slacking around barricading the first door you can find?

I'm not trolling dude. I've watched you content. I arrived at it with interest and hope. I left thinking "I would never wish to play with this guy". 

I'm sorry. Not trolling. In my opinion your account should be closed and reported. 

Im just being honest. I dislike cheaters. More so when their "incredibly average" gameplay is bragged about as if you're a guru. 

Thats not trolling bud. Thats me telling you why your being "whined about". 

Good luck with your handful of views and your pro advice. 

Why do all these forums turn into Campkill v Pappus. Take your bickering elsewhere. None of this conversation has anything to do with a friend using your account.