Slippery Ferret

Friend used Exploits

99 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Oh I remember you. You got driven over for rushing the shotgun and leaving the barn without the battery. Yes I did TK you on purpose, your wife however wanted to stay on the car and fight like a boss. So I drove her around trying to put her in position to smack Jason. Heck I even tried to get her some healing, but she expired too soon.

Also dont forget the little detail that I was fine with limping you, but you started to threaten me with shotgun leaving me no choice but to use you as driving training.

Next time don't rush the shotgun just to leave the battery and btw I didn't exploit onto the roof of the car to pick up your shotgun. I carsurfed on top of the car to pick up your shotgun in style. I could have simply exited the car and pick it up aswell.

Yes the game you count me in for 4 tks, when it was 1. I remember...

Details details ;)

So because i picked up a weapon, leaving you the battery to take, and then tried defending myself when you intentionally felt the need to run me over, because apparently you can employ your own form of "justice" I deserved to be run over? You tried to run her over too, but ended up getting her stuck on top of the car, so you couldn't TK her, unfortunately for you. Then running me over again as Tommy?

The fact that you even try to justify this, shows how despicable some of our players can be. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Pappus said:

Yeah his actions lead to an increase of almost 2 minutes in terms of getting the car going. A guy that rushes the shotgun, but magically misses the battery right next to it after being made aware to check the barn for the battery and asked if it cointained it.

What a playstyle indeed. Passively sandbagging your teamates. See people like this TK all day. They just don't get -1000 for it or any notification. Same as packanack door lockers, ppl that trap behind doors etc.

He doesn't have to do anything you like its a game if he wants the shotgun over a battery its his choice its that simple meanwhile you admit to team killing and glitching.

5 minutes ago, MattyFresh said:

Wow this guy admits to team killing because he doesn't like the way someone else plays and no ban this shit is insane nice work Gun.

If you read the Bannable Offenses, it specifically says that Team Killing is not a bannable offense. Actively helping Jason is, but TK'ing is not.

Just now, Rexfellis said:

If you read the Bannable Offenses, it specifically says that Team Killing is not a bannable offense. Actively helping Jason is, but TK'ing is not.

Ok so what about the admission on glitching?

1 minute ago, Arcanecynic said:

So because i picked up a weapon, leaving you the battery to take, and then tried defending myself when you intentionally felt the need to run me over, because apparently you can employ your own form of "justice" I deserved to be run over? You tried to run her over too, but ended up getting her stuck on top of the car, so you couldn't TK her, unfortunately for you. Then running me over again as Tommy?

The fact that you even try to justify this, shows how despicable some of our players can be. 

You leave the battery for me to take without saying a word that it is in there leaving several people to check a whole sector, because the barn was obviously already checked. After limping I offered to leave it at that, but you magically forget to mention that you asked me to get out of the car so you could shoot me. With this you chewed off more than you could handle and I didnt drove you over when you were Tommy... You were in the middle of an execution by Jason and I snitched the kill from Jason. Yes I TKed someone that was already dead.

Just like you forget to mention that I didn't actually TK your wife either. Your wife didn't wanna get down. She was not stuck on the car in any way. She wanted to fight from on top of the car, refused getting in and refused healing so I drove her around and tried to give her a chance to strike Jason while driving.

Yes your action of leaving the battery is sandbagging your team and I will occasionally strike people down for it. So if you make big stories up of me going on a massive TK spree at least dont alter how the game went down.

1 person likes this

It confounds me that no one recognizes the value of the things that Pappus exposes about the game. He's one of the only people in this community that seems to try to draw a line between tech and exploiting, which is very important for a game like this. You can't just lump everything in one bucket, put blinders on, and call it a day. That leads to a dead game.

One look at Pappus' detailed whiteboard videos ought to show you that he cares about this game on a deep level, and tries very hard to advance our collective mechanical knowledge. It seems like everybody here just thinks about the game in a shallow "I love F13 series, Jason heart punch kill so SIIIIIICCCCCKKKKK" way, but you shouldn't attack others for daring to look deeper.

And you may not like team killing, but the fact is that there are legitimate, quantifiable reasons to do it, if a player is identified as a liability.

Finally, you should try not to get too preoccupied with the tone of Pappus' posts. Look at the content instead.

He quite literally mocks gun to there face saying he is sure he gets ban requests multiple times a day and its like a shit show.

2 minutes ago, Rydog said:

It confounds me that no one recognizes the value of the things that Pappus exposes about the game. He's one of the only people in this community that seems to try to draw a line between tech and exploiting, which is very important for a game like this. You can't just lump everything in one bucket, put blinders on, and call it a day. That leads to a dead game.

One look at Pappus' detailed whiteboard videos ought to show you that he cares about this game on a deep level, and tries very hard to advance our collective mechanical knowledge. It seems like everybody here just thinks about the game in a shallow "I love F13 series, Jason heart punch kill so SIIIIIICCCCCKKKKK" way, but you shouldn't attack others for daring to look deeper.

And you may not like team killing, but the fact is that there are legitimate, quantifiable reasons to do it, if a player is identified as a liability.

Finally, you should try not to get too preoccupied with the tone of Pappus' posts. Look at the content instead.

Honestly at the current rate the game will kill its self off in no time.

1 minute ago, MattyFresh said:

He quite literally mocks gun to there face saying he is sure he gets ban requests multiple times a day and its like a shit show.

No I don't mock them. I state how it is. I get reported several times per day for various reasons. See a bunch of russians reported me while they were actively collaborating with Jason to get me killed.

Carsurfing is an exploit in your view. From where I stand it is tech that Jason has the tools to defeat.

1 minute ago, Rydog said:

Whatever depth is in his content is irrelevant, if his actions inside the game are questionable, and of an exploiting nature. Pull that crap in private lobbies all you want, but leave the self righteous "I shall smite thee for picking up a shotgun" out of Quick Matches, his divine brand of justice has no place here. He justifies running me over because I apparently cost him 2 extra minutes in car repairs, but doesn't take into consideration that had I not had spray, I would have been an easy kill for Jason, which directly affects his own chances at survival, since we are less people to help others, but apparently he knows best.

2 people like this

Reminds me of: "I dindu nuffin!" "Is was my cuz, i swear!" "mah lil brother was playin" "u got proof?"

Usually to be found on the Steam forums after banwaves.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

Whatever depth is in his content is irrelevant, if his actions inside the game are questionable, and of an exploiting nature. Pull that crap in private lobbies all you want, but leave the self righteous "I shall smite thee for picking up a shotgun" out of Quick Matches, his divine brand of justice has no place here. He justifies running me over because I apparently cost him 2 extra minutes in car repairs, but doesn't take into consideration that had I not had spray, I would have been an easy kill for Jason, which directly affects his own chances at survival, since we are less people to help others, but apparently he knows best.

Yes, like it or not, sometimes more experienced players DO know better.

I obviously wasn't in the game you guys are talking about, so I cannot comment...but there are times when a teammate's bad actions justify removing them from the game so that they don't die in the woods with the fuse or something stupid like that.

And no, you not liking what you're seeing in his stream does not make his tutorial content irrelevant. You're cherry picking super-hard here.

1 minute ago, Arcanecynic said:

"..." So because i picked up a weapon, leaving you the battery to take, "..."

You still do not see that it was obvious as fuck that you saw the battery and left it on purpose? Why would I care if the guy sandbagging the team has a healing kit? The only thing that increases the team survival rate is taking people like you out that screw over the team deliberately or because of the lack of knowledge.

You know what else is exploity? Having teamates you communicate with outside of walkie talkies, because magically your wife appeared in your spot with a healing kit without you transmitting your position ingame or that you even need a healing spray. Curious how that works, huh.

Just now, Pappus said:

You still do not see that it was obvious as fuck that you saw the battery and left it on purpose? Why would I care if the guy sandbagging the team has a healing kit? The only thing that increases the team survival rate is taking people like you out that screw over the team deliberately or because of the lack of knowledge.

You know what else is exploity? Having teamates you communicate with outside of walkie talkies, because magically your wife appeared in your spot with a healing kit without you transmitting your position ingame or that you even need a healing spray. Curious how that works, huh.

Even still if he doesn't want the battery he doesn't have to pick it up really that simple.

Just now, Rydog said:

Yes, like it or not, sometimes when more experienced players DO know better.

I obviously wasn't in the game you guys are talking about, so I cannot comment...but there are times when a teammate's bad actions justify removing them from the game so that they don't die in the woods with the fuse or something stupid like that.

Yeah, spin it how you want, this wasn't one of those cases. I don't even remember seeing this battery that he keeps eluding to, since whenever my wife and I play together, we specifically aim at repair objectives, and she already found Gas, so I might have not spotted the item initially, so in his mind, I saw it and intentionally avoided it, so he felt it was his right to "eliminate" me from the game based on an assumption.

If you don't see anything wrong with this scenario, you are way too big a fan boy of his.

2 people like this

Just now, MattyFresh said:

Even still if he doesn't want the battery he doesn't have to pick it up really that simple.

Yes and I dont have to keep people alive that are a detriment to all others councellors. It really is that simple too.

1 minute ago, Pappus said:

Just gonna throw my two cents in. This game can be played with or without a team. People can be for themselves or help others. By killing someone because they didn't help you is a dick move. The goal is survival doesn't mean they have to keep you alive, team work can work but it also can back fire. The way you are sounding is because he didn't bring the battery to you that he had to die, let them die by Jason, your goal is to get out alive. 

6 people like this

Just now, Pappus said:

Yes and I dont have to keep people alive that are a detriment to all others councellors. It really is that simple too.

I feel for ya man lol.

3 minutes ago, Pappus said:

You are operating off a complete assumption that I saw what you did, and then acted on said assumption. I gain points for collecting a car part, and I am always objective driven, so why would I not have picked it up if I saw it? Acting off an assumption, in no way justifies your actions

Exploity? Are you kidding me? For sitting in the same room? Are we supposed to wear headsets in the same study and cover each other's screens with blankets?

Please dude, you are making yourself look even more ridiculous by the moment.

2 people like this

Side note, I suspect that a lot of people base their angst about Pappus off of the really extreme clips that go around. You don't bother to put them in context with the rest of his streams, which makes this a terminal case of cherry picking.

In almost every match he streams, Pappus goes out of his way to help others escape (usually against his better judgment), and always stays behind until everyone else is out, often getting himself killed in the process. You're looking at a really incomplete picture here.

Just now, Rydog said:

Side note, I suspect that a lot of people base their angst about Pappus off of the really extreme clips that go around. You don't bother to put them in context with the rest of his streams, which makes this a terminal case of cherry picking.

In almost every match he streams, Pappus goes out of his way to help others escape (usually against his better judgment), and always stays behind until everyone else is out, often getting himself killed in the process. You're looking at a really incomplete picture here.

I don't know who he is. I haven't seen and I'm not gonna hang him out, I'm hearing both sides and he said something that did get under my skin. He killed someone because they didn't grab the battery. I've had people who don't talk on mic and just walk away. I don't go and kill them because they didn't bring me the battery. The game isn't just team work you can work alone. If you call the cops you don't have to wait for the others. You just escape and leave once they show up, if you fix the car then you can escape. If you wanna be nice pick people up. I tend to do that if I can if Jason isn't on my butt trying to kill me. If someone isn't helping, let Jason handle them. Your goal is for yourself. If you find a good group of people then yeah work together but if you have a team of no mics and no one is listening then you are only saving yourself. 

Just now, Arcanecynic said:

You are operating off a complete assumption that I saw what you did, and then acted on said assumption. I gain points for collecting a car part, and I am always objective driven, so why would I not have picked it up if I saw it? Acting off an assumption, in no way justifies your actions

Exploity? Are you kidding me? For sitting in the same room? Are we supposed to wear headsets in the same study and cover each other's screens with blankets?

Please dude, you are making yourself look even more ridiculous by the moment.

You going back on what you said now? The assumption was based on you rushing towards the barn with the pointer that was made to check for the battery. You know the shotgun spawn, but not the objective spawn? Who are you trying to kid?

Then your wife that is freely moving on the car is "stuck" and TKed by me. Next lie.

Ran you over when you were Tommy. Boom next lie.

And yes communicating outside the game is exploity. The game is designed in a fashion that is not intended that way. Same room, same discord server doesn't matter. You whiteknighting the "legit" gameplay. Start with yourself and lead by example.

Look I get that you are mad for being TKed, but there is no reason to going back and forth on your story. You played selfish, payed the price. No biggie. Next time say battery is inside the barn, but I don't wanna help with it and everything is fine. You don't let your teamates look everywhere else without reason, you get to meet up with your wife and play together in peace.

9 minutes ago, Pappus said:

You going back on what you said now? The assumption was based on you rushing towards the barn with the pointer that was made to check for the battery. You know the shotgun spawn, but not the objective spawn? Who are you trying to kid?

Then your wife that is freely moving on the car is "stuck" and TKed by me. Next lie.

Ran you over when you were Tommy. Boom next lie.

And yes communicating outside the game is exploity. The game is designed in a fashion that is not intended that way. Same room, same discord server doesn't matter. You whiteknighting the "legit" gameplay. Start with yourself and lead by example.

Look I get that you are mad for being TKed, but there is no reason to going back and forth on your story. You played selfish, payed the price. No biggie. Next time say battery is inside the barn, but I don't wanna help with it and everything is fine. You don't let your teamates look everywhere else without reason, you get to meet up with your wife and play together in peace.

I said "leaving the battery for you to take" because clearly you saw me take the shotgun, and leave the battery. This is kind of a 1+1 scenario

I didn't see a battery, but you obviously did, so if I took a shotgun, and left a battery, take the damn battery yourself? That's not me lying, it's completing your scenario for you, that really isn't that complicated.

You attempted to TK her and failed, what was your reason for trying to run her over? Nah dude, you are a self entitled piece of work, and you felt that because you "contribute" which no one asks you to do, you can do as you please at other's expense.

Once again, do your "testing" in private matches, and begone from quick matches, your 'testing" and self entitled justice is not needed, seriously.

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I don't know who he is. I haven't seen and I'm not gonna hang him out, I'm hearing both sides and he said something that did get under my skin. He killed someone because they didn't grab the battery. I've had people who don't talk on mic and just walk away. I don't go and kill them because they didn't bring me the battery. The game isn't just team work you can work alone. If you call the cops you don't have to wait for the others. You just escape and leave once they show up, if you fix the car then you can escape. If you wanna be nice pick people up. I tend to do that if I can if Jason isn't on my butt trying to kill me. If someone isn't helping, let Jason handle them. Your goal is for yourself. If you find a good group of people then yeah work together but if you have a team of no mics and no one is listening then you are only saving yourself. 

Hey, I say things that get under people's skin too (see: probably this entire thread), but that doesn't mean it's reasonable or productive to ignore or dismiss the literal full human days that I have dedicated to researching, analyzing, and documenting the game's mechanics for the good of the community.

Sometimes you're not gonna like what someone says (or how they say it), but it doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

Also, it's a really dim view to treat this like a solo game, when you are quite literally placed into a team and given resources that encourage team tactics. (See, you probably don't like that I said that, either.)

Just now, Rydog said:

Hey, I say things that get under people's skin too (see: probably this entire thread), but that doesn't mean it's reasonable or productive to ignore or dismiss the literal full human days that I have dedicated to researching, analyzing, and documenting the game's mechanics for the good of the community.

Sometimes you're not gonna like what someone says (or how they say it), but it doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

Also, it's a really dim view to treat this like a solo game, when you are quite literally placed into a team and given resources that encourage team tactics. (See, you probably don't like that I said that, either.)

Absolutely NO ONE asked him to do this, so he's not entitled to do as he pleases just because he goes out of his way to do something no one asked him to do in the first place.