mark taylor

this guy proves this games broken

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Pappus said:

Games do not get second chances and why do you even have hope that the singleplayer is anything but complete garbage. Like legit. Why would singleplayer be good, when steam regional matchmaking is not even used, while the devs state there is.

They will only play Jason in singleplayer against bots that will probably get stuck everywhere on the map. Every fence etc will have them hanging.

Oh trust me, I don't expect the single player to be good. I think everyone will be disappointed, I never said it would be good. We just gotta see what they can do.

If they don't get second chances then what are you playing these days? I wanna see you play Killing Floor or something.

37 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Is this game broken? It has issues and needs some fixes but Jason isn't over powered.

Heck I have so much fun playing that I manged to get two pictures. One of me dying by chair by Savini Jason.

20107113_1539937269384187_238115718_o.jp

And the other of me seeing Savini Jason in the window... That was creepy. 

20132639_1540578202653427_1080571551_o.j

Was that me? I killed someone in that chair as Savini. Popular chair...

2 minutes ago, ThePainkiller said:

Was that me? I killed someone in that chair as Savini. Popular chair...

Was the username Ghostboy20? Cuz if so then yes you got me lol 

6 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Oh trust me, I don't expect the single player to be good. I think everyone will be disappointed, I never said it would be good. We just gotta see what they can do.

If they don't get second chances then what are you playing these days? I wanna see you play Killing Floor or something.

I do like f13, but the matchmaking is sucking the last energy out of me.

I had more viewers playing deceit a 200 concurrent PLAYER game. It is also a lot more fun. Next on the agenda though will prob be Xcom 2 addon, then last year. Hopefully the last year devs will not turn down the helping offer like these did.

i think my favorite part of this shitty review is when he's going on and on about ranged weapons being the only useful defense and melee combat will get you killed... at the exact moment someone bops him in the face with a wrench and puts him on his ass.

that... is shitty editing at it shittiest. 

4 hours ago, mark taylor said:

sad you guys don't see this games broken 

The game is not broken. His gameplay is broken, and he has a very small sample size to go by. 30 matches? 40 matches? He flip-flops there, further telling me he's full of shit. You probably shouldn't come on to a forum for the game and populated by people who love the game (despite it's flaws), and complain about Jason being "OP". Jason is supposed to be fucking OP! Have you seen the movies? Stick with Dead By Daylight, even though the guy that posted this video also posted a video about "being a killer is hard in DBD". It sounds to me like he just sucks at games in general.

And your game of choice for the year to get a refund was For Honor? That game is not broken either, it just has one hell of a learning curve. It sounds to me like you want a game that you can be good at from the start. Might I suggest the Nintendo Switch for you? My 6 year old loves his.

Hal Bailman and Drummond316 like this

I was watching a youtube video called Disconnected by Daylight. Seems there is some issues going around disconnecting people from Dead by Daylight. Jeez wonder what's going on there. 

26 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I was watching a youtube video called Disconnected by Daylight. Seems there is some issues going around disconnecting people from Dead by Daylight. Jeez wonder what's going on there. 

Can't find it. Could you link it?

2 minutes ago, pRaX said:

Thank you.

Your welcome. I was reading through the comments of that video and saw a comment about how they keep getting disconnected. 

4 hours ago, mark taylor said:

game is broken mate many people on his comments argee. Only ones that dont argee is you guys. DBD is much better because .....

As I said. Go play the game you like mate.

4 hours ago, Pappus said:

Games do not get second chances...

Depends on the game, the dev support/fan base, and a multitude of other things. The F13 franchise has a very dedicated fan base. As long as the devs don't give up on the game and continue to improve it, it will likely continue to be viable. Word of mouth works both ways...not just negatively. Many of those who have left have not abandoned the title, but rather stated they would wait for fixes (that IS a second chance). I hope the devs don't screw it up.

7 hours ago, Alkavian said:

As I said. Go play the game you like mate.

Depends on the game, the dev support/fan base, and a multitude of other things. The F13 franchise has a very dedicated fan base. As long as the devs don't give up on the game and continue to improve it, it will likely continue to be viable. Word of mouth works both ways...not just negatively. Many of those who have left have not abandoned the title, but rather stated they would wait for fixes (that IS a second chance). I hope the devs don't screw it up.

People always claim they wait for fixes etc. Reality for gaming is this: Numbers go down, they stay down.

Only known game that achieved second chance is final fantasy with a full reboot.

All other games, no matter how much work went in go down. They can only prolong the inevitable. Launch decides if you will  have an upward trend or a downward trend.

Examples for downward: F13, Diablo 3, DBD, etc etc etc. Examples for upward trend: LOL, Pubg

1 hour ago, Pappus said:

People always claim they wait for fixes etc. Reality for gaming is this: Numbers go down, they stay down.

Only known game that achieved second chance is final fantasy with a full reboot.

All other games, no matter how much work went in go down. They can only prolong the inevitable. Launch decides if you will  have an upward trend or a downward trend.

Examples for downward: F13, Diablo 3, DBD, etc etc etc. Examples for upward trend: LOL, Pubg

This game is a special case though, since it is based on a movie franchise with very die-hard fans who play it purely because it's F13. I don't know if you realise just how much of a factor that is.

I will use myself as an example. Would I have put up with the shit I did at launch for any other game, where I couldn't play it at all, in any form? Hell no. But because I am invested in F13 itself, I was willing to put it with it because it is a pretty amazing thing that we have a modern game based on the franchise, created by developers who are true fans themselves. 

And despite all the mistakes they've made, they did create an awesome experience in ideal circumstances. Right now it's just a matter of putting in the work so it can be great beyond that.

14 hours ago, IamNoc said:

i think my favorite part of this shitty review is when he's going on and on about ranged weapons being the only useful defense and melee combat will get you killed... at the exact moment someone bops him in the face with a wrench and puts him on his ass.

that... is shitty editing at it shittiest. 

Hahaha I thought this too...I even wondered if it was a parody/joke review. 

"it's just way too easy to shift and grab people in the game"  *promptly misses a shift and grab* 😂😂😂😂😂

Campkill likes this

21 hours ago, mark taylor said:

sad you guys don't see this games broken 

Hold on everyone. Let's not crucify him that bad!

to be fair he is talking about public games (he does admit if you play with friends it's better)

I agree with him - public games are sometimes just an exercise in waiting for Jason to kill you. I played a game where I called Tommy, found the fuse, went to fix the fuse box and then got killed as I was calling. This was within the first few minutes. The entire rest of the game these guys did NOTHING and just crouched around until he killed them. 

You need a coordinated group to win - trying to play with a bunch of useless halfwits will just lead to death. He's right - if your group isn't playing as a team and Jason spots you he will eventually kill you. 

However in a good group if Jason spots you and runs around chasing you for 5 mins hopefully your teammates are doing something productive and jason will eventually have to and deal with them or risk a mass escape. That's how you deal with him - teamwork. 

Played im a good group you can outwit and outlast Jason fairly regularly. 

Sounds like the OP was really, REALLY wanting another DbD.  

In Dead by Daylight, the killer has to strike you two or three times to knock you down, THEN has to place you on a hook where other players can rescue you, heal you, then the process starts over again.

The object of the survivors is to just fire up enough generators through a slow repair process to open the exits and trap door.  It's a game of tag where teamwork may or may not be key depending on how good the survivors are at running away.  

I'm sorry, but that was not the purpose of F13. This game is more about teamwork, communication, strategy, taking risks, knowing your role, and NOT letting yourself get caught by Jason.  It's hard mode compared to DbD.

No one is forcing you to play this "broken" game that I have personally clocked in 186 hours of playtime on.  

As my brother told me growing up, just because you can't stay on the skateboard, doesn't mean it's broken.

Alkavian and Campkill like this

1 hour ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Sounds like the OP was really, REALLY wanting another DbD.  

In Dead by Daylight, the killer has to strike you two or three times to knock you down, THEN has to place you on a hook where other players can rescue you, heal you, then the process starts over again.

The object of the survivors is to just fire up enough generators through a slow repair process to open the exits and trap door.  It's a game of tag where teamwork may or may not be key depending on how good the survivors are at running away.  

I'm sorry, but that was not the purpose of F13. This game is more about teamwork, communication, strategy, taking risks, knowing your role, and NOT letting yourself get caught by Jason.  It's hard mode compared to DbD.

No one is forcing you to play this "broken" game that I have personally clocked in 186 hours of playtime on.  

As my brother told me growing up, just because you can't stay on the skateboard, doesn't mean it's broken.

I love that quote. I can't tell you how many skateboards I slammed on the ground when I was a teenager because they were "pieces of shit". In reality, my balance was shit. lol I gave up my dreams for a skateboarding career before I was 16. 😂😂

DBD was fun for a little while, and it was cool to play as Michael Myers when that DLC was released. But overall, I believe it to be a weaker game overall than Friday the 13th. Also, last time I played DBD the peer to peer hosting system wasn't any more reliable than Ft13th's.  I honestly think competitive online games should have dedicated servers and not rely on the ping of the game host. Unless you have  fiber optics running directly to your house, you will have connectivity issues from time to time.

My younger brother loves the game, and he visits quite often, so I haven't deleted it. I just personally don't play it any more.

Dapper Dragon likes this

Anyone who uses the term "broken" to describe any game, I immediately discredit their opinion.  If the game doesn't load up or play when you put it in the system, then yes, yes the game is broken. But nothing about this game is "broken" by any means,    Flawed? yes, it is "flawed" in some ways but no where near to the point of it ever being considered "broken". That term gets thrown around way to much in gaming, that I'm beginning to think people just don't know what the word means..