mark taylor

this guy proves this games broken

50 posts in this topic

He says some valid stuff but it sounds like he's just sucks at playing. I've eluded Jason many times it's not impossible. Like in any multi-player game it comes down to the intelligence of the other players. Some Jason's will be harder to elude than others because of skil and knowledge. This game has a ton of issues but Jason being to op is not one of them. 

11 people like this

42 minutes ago, mark taylor said:

sad you guys don't see this games broken 

Too bad he obviously sucks at the game. Anyone will a bit of coordination and skill with their team can make Jason their little bitch.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

He says some valid stuff but it sounds like he's just sucks at playing. I've eluded Jason many times it's not impossible. Like in any multi-player game it comes down to the intelligence of the other players. Some Jason's will be harder to elude than others because of skil and knowledge. This game has a ton of issues but Jason being to op is not one of them. 

Exactly what I was thinking. It's really not that difficult and I see many, many Jasons get made a fool out of constantly. Everyone who plays regularly has smartened up. 

I would however be happy if the grab mechanic were changed. Give counselors a QTE so they can better escape without a knife. There is far too much focus on pocket knives right now, I see a lot of players just rushing from one cabin to the next to stock up on them, without even locking the doors or giving a shit about anything else.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, mark taylor said:

Sad you're bad.

Check the forums - the general consensus is that Jason's too easy to escape from with any level of coordination.

3 people like this

I only got one word for this... pathetic...

But, there are valid points too... but nothing that isn't already known and talked about to no end...

Nice b8 m8

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Nice b8 m8

Just needs to git gud

2 people like this

The guy obviously has no clue how the game is supposed to unfold. Broken? Hardly. My fav game I've played in years. 

This dude thinks Jason is too powerful and that the councilors are fucked from start. 

He even stated in his dumb little vid "I've only escaped Jason once". 

Two sentences later he says "trust me! I got real good at this game"

That right there is when I said "fuck this stupid guy". 

Then he goes on saying that the chance of escaping is low no matter what you do. Really?! Lol. I escape most games. You just need a partner or team and escape becomes pretty easy. 

Sorry man but your vid here is dumb (and a month old) And yes the game needs to be tweaked- but I wouldn't call it broken. 

Broken means unplayable. Seeing as it's the most fun I've had on ps4 ever, I'll just say "fuck this vid with this noob who can't figure out the basics". 

2 people like this

Try juking bro. Ive wasted ten minutes of jason's time on a match by smartly setting up houses. Dont stand outside unless youre repairing or heading to an objective

It is broken... but not because of the reasons this guy brings up...

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, pRaX said:

Completely agree.

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, pRaX said:

I wouldn't say broken. But that's just semantics. 

Hows this- the game needs work. 

We can casually agree there ya? 

We got a good starting product with lots of issues that need attention. Over all the game is great when it works. 

These guys prove your guy wrong. 

This is a snippet from one of my games. This game lasted 19 minutes and i escaped. Change it up don't always hide in the noticeable spots. My character was breathing too loud so i didn't hide under bed because it's a dead give away.

1 person likes this

::giggle::

I love how the OP's video is ranting on how the game is broken regarding Jason being overpowered. The Devs have stated from the start that was the intent. Game releases and people complain that the game is like what the Devs said it would be.

There certainly are "broken/needs TLC" aspects to the game (regarding bugs/glitches and host migration/dedicated servers for consoles), but fundamentally the game works. Arguments regarding shift-grab and stats are best left in the "mileage may vary" bin. We probably won't see any significant changes to some of these mechanics until the more pressing issues of bugs/glitches and map choices are addressed. The game is very fun when it works. I love this game even with temporary blemishes.

The OP's video makes it sound like you are screwed as a counselor from the start...not so. Yes you are at a disadvantage (as intended), but when the guy said he had only escaped once I had to push the mute-tard button. Seriously? Escaping is not that difficult if you coordinate and know what you are doing....even in a random lobby.

I'm not going to throw out a snarky "Git Gud" or anything like that, but I will simply say this...maybe this isn't the game that suits your concept of a asymmetric survival horror game. DbD might be a choice for you if this isn't your cup of tea.

2 people like this

Is this game broken? It has issues and needs some fixes but Jason isn't over powered.

Heck I have so much fun playing that I manged to get two pictures. One of me dying by chair by Savini Jason.

20107113_1539937269384187_238115718_o.jp

And the other of me seeing Savini Jason in the window... That was creepy. 

20132639_1540578202653427_1080571551_o.j

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

::giggle::

I love how the OP's video is ranting on how the game is broken regarding Jason being overpowered. The Devs have stated from the start that was the intent. Game releases and people complain that the game is like what the Devs said it would be.

There certainly are "broken/needs TLC" aspects to the game (regarding bugs/glitches and host migration/dedicated servers for consoles), but fundamentally the game works. Arguments regarding shift-grab and stats are best left in the "mileage may vary" bin. We probably won't see any significant changes to some of these mechanics until the more pressing issues of bugs/glitches and map choices are addressed. The game is very fun when it works. I love this game even with temporary blemishes.

The OP's video makes it sound like you are screwed as a counselor from the start...not so. Yes you are at a disadvantage (as intended), but when the guy said he had only escaped once I had to push the mute-tard button. Seriously? Escaping is not that difficult if you coordinate and know what you are doing....even in a random lobby.

I'm not going to throw out a snarky "Git Gud" or anything like that, but I will simply say this...maybe this isn't the game that suits your concept of a asymmetric survival horror game. DbD might be a choice for you if this isn't your cup of tea.

game is broken mate many people on his comments argee. Only ones that dont argee is you guys. DBD is much better because i feel challened as a killer.there is also a ranking system,which this game does not have, Which is sad it should have a ranking system. i feel challged playing counslers as well. I can tell you from a jason player i kill most if not all people. It is no chalenge to me at all.it is you people that keeps wanting a broken game. i mean come on most stats on this game is well not working as intended.his grab is broken. There has not been a balanced update once least to xbox and ps4. i cant even play on xbox game crashes every 2 games. Tryed getting my money back. I cant because xbox policy is 1 game a year. i did FOR HONOR because that was a broken game as well. ( dont trust ubisoft they suck) When i called and asked for a refund they told me no. Even know i could of proveing to them this games is a defect (xbox) and not working as intened i paid for a game that is un playable. I was also a back payer. So i supported the gamefrom the get go had high hopes. As a 187 hrs into game i can tell you this games broken. I dont suck as a counsler trust i escape over 50% of time 54% to be real with you so i ant all that bad. The times i died wasbeing grabed with out a pocket knife. So sorry guys but this game is a let down and not even worth my time. Than i brought dead by daylight. Let me tell you its a good game. Sure it has its flaws. (what game doesnt) tell you what i can play the game and not dc. im also rank 1. which means i face other high rank people. I also have over 100 hrs into this game. can tell you that this one makes a lot more sense. Than friday the 13th. sorry about my spelling. Also sorry for saying this if you escaped many times either jason was a bad jason, Or you got unlucky. So have fun with this trash game.

I stopped reading at DbD...

Funny that some disgruntled fanboy registers for... i don't even know what this is... but I'm sure it's supposed to be something. No idea how this attitude is any better than the ones from F13 fanboys though.. but go figure.

I didn't even watch the review, but to be honest this game is too complicated for beginners to the level that it is frustrating for them.

It shows in the player and twitch numbers. They are shattered for a reason and the new player experience is it.

3 hours ago, mark taylor said:

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

@mark taylor And as someone who has over 100 in this game and nearly 600 in DbD, I can tell you I enjoy this game far more despite its various problems. Different strokes for different folks.

@Pappus that problem should be mostly alleviated once Single Player comes out, don't you think? People can practice and learn against the AI for the mechanics of the game

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

@mark taylor And as someone who has over 100 in this game and nearly 600 in DbD, I can tell you I enjoy this game far more despite its various problems. Different strokes for different folks.

@Pappus that problem should be mostly alleviated once Single Player comes out, don't you think? People can practice and learn against the AI for the mechanics of the game

Games do not get second chances and why do you even have hope that the singleplayer is anything but complete garbage. Like legit. Why would singleplayer be good, when steam regional matchmaking is not even used, while the devs state there is.

They will only play Jason in singleplayer against bots that will probably get stuck everywhere on the map. Every fence etc will have them hanging.