VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Proof the Part 6 mask is not film accurate

26 posts in this topic

I would like to show these two videos that prove the Part 6 hockey mask in this game is not accurate to the film. First we have a video of Paul Phoenix looking at the hockey masks in VR, showing the mask from every possible angle.

Next we have a replica mask created by fiberglassmasks.com which was created from a copy of the mold used to make the mask in Jason Lives. It's 1:1 100% accurate to the film.

As you can see, the Part 6 mask in the game has an overall shape more similar to the Part 3 mask while the film-accurate one is wider at the side straps and narrower in the bottom half. Additionally, the eye holes of the game mask are all whack, like they are misshapen, while the film accurate mask has smooth eye holes. The film-accurate nose is of course round but the one from the game appears to be a halfway point between round and the squeared-off nose from Jason X, like it's partially flattened with rounded edges.

I don't know what mask they 3D scanned to put into the game, but it was not an accurate one.

I've been beating this drum a long time. It's amazing to me anyone thinks the game version looks film accurate. I think most folks think "close enough" and that's unfortunate.

The eyes and nose are all fucked up. I dislike playing as Part 6 because he looks more like a charicature than the real deal.

If there is much difference. I don't care all that much. The look feels fine, even if the size doesn't feel exactly the same. But everybody feels different.

I mean the same thing is gonna happen with Part 4. There will be fans bitching if they use the chevs and those bitching if they don't. Considering at different points in the film, Jason is wearing a version with chevs and one without. So?...Are they supposed to have two variants of Part 4 with chevs and without just to please everybody? I suppose they could do it that way like they did the NES Jason as a variant of Part 3. Only here with Part 4, he just has two mask variants.

5 minutes ago, Repo Boom said:

What bugs me about the in game model of 6 is he is awfully yoked up. Calm down on those trap workouts!

but that is what he looked like... http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/26500000/Jason-Lives-jason-voorhees-26521454-1366-768.jpg

and i disagree with the direction of the thread. these videos don't "prove" anything. its some random guy saying the mask is off because he's "seen a lot of replicas..."

that proves jack and shit. 

16 minutes ago, Repo Boom said:

What bugs me about the in game model of 6 is he is awfully yoked up. Calm down on those trap workouts!

Its because Kane Hodder is more stout than the actor in 6. They used Kane's mocap for all the Jasons

Since we are talking about Part 6 Jason if you watch the video of him going through each Jason's weapons you'll come across the knife. It's in the game files and it looks textured. 

If you can't see the difference focus on the nose of the in game model. It's really triangular compared to the nose in the movie. It's also really noticeable during the RV scenes. If you can't see the difference after that,there is no hope. The in game part VI mask reminds me of Jason X.

bewareofbears likes this

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

If you can't see the difference focus on the nose of the in game model. It's really triangular compared to the nose in the movie. It's also really noticeable during the RV scenes. If you can't see the difference after that,there is no hope.

That's just lighting and shadow... the nose is the same.

I think the main issue is that P6 looks way too buff in the game. Impacts the overall appearance quite alot hence why he doesn't seem quite right. I personally think the mask itself looks close enough.

But, it's propably obvious why he looks the way he looks and a P6-Hodder is kinda cool too in my book. So I'm not too upset about it.

It's not a big deal to me, but yeah - the part VI mask is off. It has the upturned nose from the JASON X mask, for some reason.

If the developers were to make some small tweaks to the Jasons, fixing this mask and making the JASON GOES TO HELL Jason stockier (I think Kane specifically said that he put on pounds of muscle for the role, at the time) would not go unappreciated.

5 hours ago, Repo Boom said:

Part 6 varies in the movie as well. The original actor for Jason that was cast got dropped because he didn't have the right build. You can still see his scenes (paintball killings/stalking). A second actor was brought in to do the rest of the movie and he is a bit heavier build. The big thing is that Kane did the mocap and he has very square shoulders compared to the actors who portrayed Jason in VI. I think that is why the game adaptation appears a bit swole in the shoulders and collar.

Survival likes this

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Part 6 varies in the movie as well. The original actor for Jason that was cast got dropped because he didn't have the right build. You can still see his scenes (paintball killings/stalking). A second actor was brought in to do the rest of the movie and he is a bit heavier build. The big thing is that Kane did the mocap and he has very square shoulders compared to the actors who portrayed Jason in VI. I think that is why the game adaptation appears a bit swole in the shoulders and collar.

I've heard the Hodder theory a few times but if you look at the Part 8 model- no giant traps, etc.

It's really just a poorly executed model. They did a lot of things right but the Part 6 model is not one of them.

9 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

It's not a big deal to me, but yeah - the part VI mask is off. It has the upturned nose from the JASON X mask, for some reason.

If the developers were to make some small tweaks to the Jasons, fixing this mask and making the JASON GOES TO HELL Jason stockier (I think Kane specifically said that he put on pounds of muscle for the role, at the time) would not go unappreciated.

I agree. I think Parts 7, 8 and 9 all need bulking up a little.

22 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

I do like how they included the bullet hole above his right eye in the game, from when the cop shot him in the head with a pistol, to no effect obviously.

while the bullet hole doesn't bother me, part 9 mask does, because its only looks like that at the very end of the movie, much like the bullet hole for part 6. but part 3 doesn't have the axe mark in it, so its kind of odd that they use the start of the movie look for some jasons and the ending look of other Jason's...

3 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

while the bullet hole doesn't bother me, part 9 mask does, because its only looks like that at the very end of the movie, much like the bullet hole for part 6. but part 3 doesn't have the axe mark in it, so its kind of odd that they use the start of the movie look for some jasons and the ending look of other Jason's...

I think they went for the most recognizable parts about them.

I can guarantee the reason there's no axe mark on P3 because P4 will eventually be in game with an axe mark.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I think they went for the most recognizable parts about them.

I can guarantee the reason there's no axe mark on P3 because P4 will eventually be in game with an axe mark.

that would make sense.. Here's hoping it will make it way into the game. The funny part about the part 9 mask was a buddy of mine were talking about how we hate the way it looks in the game (with the right eye tear on the side) and we both don't recall it looking that way in the movie, well, I also have been making replica masks and the place I get my blanks from actually have two version of that mask, one with the tear and one without. So naturally I had to put the movie in to find out what the deal was, and found out that the tear occurs at the very end of the movie, just never noticed it because its only on screen for like 2 seconds.

3 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

So naturally I had to put the movie in to find out what the deal was, and found out that the tear occurs at the very end of the movie, just never noticed it because its only on screen for like 2 seconds.

I never actually noticed that. Maybe they included the tear for a better view of the eye? I couldn't say. Definitely odd though.

Also noticed that the P7 mask does the same. They did a version of it from the very beginning of the movie with small scratches on it but later in the movie the scratches magically disappear.