32 posts in this topic

So its been bothering me now for a while and even if its not addressed immediately I would prefer its something for the future at least.

Jenny looks so off. Chris Higgins in the movie looked fine and Jenny's concept for the game looked perfect, what happened to her actual in game model however?

All the characters feel about right except for Jenny, I'd say Chad is probably a little off but nowhere as bad as Jenny.

Jenny doesn't look like a final girl on the head at all. She seems a little to tame/boring for it unlike Chris or her concept. Her hair looks awful in the game with such a weird style and her face looks strange other than the expressions and it just doesn't fit her. The makeup also seems unfitting for her trope, especially with the hair to me at least.

Is there any chance that in the future Jenny could be remade on the upper body because she is the only character in this game that just looks horrid. When I first saw her and her move counterpart I was so excited but Jenny in the game looks awful and definitely the worst of the cast. For me to the point I just don't want to play her. Which saddens me because I love Tiffany and Deborah and Jenny was going to be a part of my favourites but she just looks so weird.

I particularly just cant get over how strange her hair looks. Its not a matter of quality etc, its simply that her look doesn't fit or work together in the slightest.

In Jenny's main look she should be much more like this:

i1kQpmg.jpg

But she doesn't look half as vibrant or anywhere as good at all. Its a completely different aesthetic.

On the other hand assuming they wouldn't change her face how about fixing her alone? Jenny's current hair just doesn't fit and they wish to keep the current look on her face then would this hair just not fit much better?

f13counselors-fb-1.jpg

"Girl Next Door" has the hair I indicate of course, as is Jenny's trope.

One thing is for sure, either her face and hair need to change or just her hair.

Jenny looks very awkward to me and is the only character who seems so wrongly done.

I would like them to give her the appearance she has in the concept but if they don't wish to the hair change would suffice.

Of course this is personal and is minor and should be addressed later, but I cant help but notice how much Jenny sticks out looking off in almost everyway with the most questionable hairstyle too.

2 people like this

her shoulders are too wide, and I think her hips could be a bit wider.   I also agree the hair can be done more like Chris Higgins.

They had to make Jenny look different than Chris Higgins in the final game because they don't have the rights to use the likeness of the actress from part 3. So Jenny became an amalgamation of the "final girl" type. With the right color-swapped clothes she could even look like something like Laurie Strode.

2 people like this

well how about my shoulders and hips idea so that she looks less masculine?  Maybe even give her some freckles. 

9 minutes ago, Neonseraphim said:

well how about my shoulders and hips idea so that she looks less masculine?  Maybe even give her some freckles. 

There are women with wide shoulders and I find nothing wrong with that. Not every woman needs to be pear-shaped. Look at Hilary Duff. Broad shoulders and she looks fantastic.

I like the way Jenny looks :( I just wish she had better repair lol

2 people like this

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

There are women with wide shoulders and I find nothing wrong with that. Not every woman needs to be pear-shaped. Look at Hilary Duff. Broad shoulders and she looks fantastic.

Its funny you mention Hilary Duff, when I think girl next door she comes to mind constantly for me personally!

Anyhow, I think Hilary Duff is very beautiful! Love her music personally.

Back on to the main topic I do agree that I don't think Jenny's problem lies in her body. I think Her body is fine I don't mind them changing it but yeah, its definitely not my problem with Jenny.

4 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

her shoulders are too wide, and I think her hips could be a bit wider.   I also agree the hair can be done more like Chris Higgins.

Her hair is her biggest issue, she should have her hair changed completely, the short hairstyle I showed would be fine if they can not use Chris Higgins hair.

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They had to make Jenny look different than Chris Higgins in the final game because they don't have the rights to use the likeness of the actress from part 3. So Jenny became an amalgamation of the "final girl" type. With the right color-swapped clothes she could even look like something like Laurie Strode.

The two concepts of Jenny don't look like Chris Higgins however, the problem is that the in game variant looks nothing like either concept or like Chris Higgins. She doesn't have to be like Chris, but my point being Chris' head fits the trope, Jenny does not I think personally I mean... She should like either two of her concepts (the ones I showed) because the one in game looks very strange. Her face and hair need to change or just her hair. She currently looks very strange with a very questionable hairstyle.

3 hours ago, BloodyNights said:

I like the way Jenny looks :( I just wish she had better repair lol

I'm not going lie, I for one was most excited to play Jenny, originally. When I thought she was going to look like her concept. However they gave her a really unbelievable hairstyle. I've never seen anyone with strange style like that, especially in an attempt to seem like a "girl next door". I want like Jenny, but her head needs to be fixed. Her hair is the deal breaker and I think when you look at it long enough compared to other girls she really does have the most questionable hair style in about every way and not just for her trope.

I want them to give her some justice because for the final she literally to me looks the most unfitting in the game and her hairstyle absolutely needs to change at least. I would hope them to change her entire head most of all, but a reasonable hair change would make me happy.

I personally can survive with Jenny's repair however, 1/10 repair is usually my deal breaker, I work with 2!

I definitely do not believe Jenny has been justice in anyway not even in that of her trope. She doesn't deserve to be the only character of the cast who looks so off compared to her concept.

I think the hair is that way because the hair physics...  Note that there is not much variations.  Often times looks are sacrificed to have a fluid non solid hair style.

39 minutes ago, Neonseraphim said:

I think the hair is that way because the hair physics...  Note that there is not much variations.  Often times looks are sacrificed to have a fluid non solid hair style.

I can understand, but its still perfectly doable,  that and she doesn't need to have hair physics, there are too very easy choices, her large long on shoulder her or her alternate seemingly neat short hair, both of which are vastly more fitting than her current.

I would applaud them in doing her large hair, despite her face not being a huge problem she is one of the characters who also look weirder than most, I would appreciate them also changing it. But for sure, the hair needs to go.

I think one thing in general that's killing her trope is that she seems more lady like than girl like, which by saying I am implying a younger appearance is needed for her. The current Jenny's appearance is seems a little too womanly on the face.

A good justification is the big difference she has to literally all counsellors. All counsellors seem like they have their age and mind set somewhat in common based on their looks. Jenny however its ruined by her trope ironically to an extent. Her current face and hair mixed with her intended trope makes her a mess.

The girl next door is likeable, relatable etc. Jenny while perfectly imaginable doesn't fit the game. Her face makes her look like a vastly more mature woman than she should be, I mean she definitely looks like she's been alive longer than she's meant to have been. Its not her make up either, Deborah rocks red lips, but not Jenny, her current appearance does not appreciate her trope, considering the outfit is casual styled it makes her look more like a basic woman rather than "The girl next door".

There's only one other counsellor with this problem and that's Chad, he looks rugged in game rather than young and handsome with a side of pretentious.

I think her hair looks great tbh 

but her face bothers me a lot because it reminds me of a female sims 3 character on Xbox. And no matter how much you tweaked the face it would always look the same. She has that face.

also her walk/run makes it look like she's making a big attempt at sticking her butt out to be sexy. Her back looks a little too curved to be comfortable 

and I think her arms need to be a little thinner so they look proportionate to the rest of her body

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, CTeden said:

I think her hair looks great tbh 

but her face bothers me a lot because it reminds me of a female sims 3 character on Xbox. And no matter how much you tweaked the face it would always look the same. She has that face.

also her walk/run makes it look like she's making a big attempt at sticking her butt out to be sexy. Her back looks a little too curved to be comfortable 

and I think her arms need to be a little thinner so they look proportionate to the rest of her body

I don't think I can really come to terms with her hair. Its very clearly an illogical hairstyle, not mention it looks messy and ugly for her trope. It doesn't fit.

Chris Higgins is a good example of a more basic hairstyle if that's what they wanted, even if they couldn't copy her they didn't have to give her this absurdly awkwardly shaped hair.
That and notably however, you made a good point to the face. I will agree it does feel like that a little. Her face for me feels to mature for what she is, that and she doesn't feel like a charismatic main that she should be, just another woman. She needs to have perky face. Tiffany probably has one of the best faces in the game when it comes to succeeding her trope.

Going back to the hair I definitely don't want to sound rude to you or your opinion but can seriously say her hair is okay? I mean it might be nice that it has nice physics but her hair ugly. The only part of hair that looks normal is the complete front. The back and side view look weird and ugly. Its like she just sliced it in random directions and tried carelessly curling the sides. it doesn't work on her. I mean for the trope its a mess. The shape just seems really illogical to me around the back and the sides. It just seems like a really careless hairstyle to put on such a trope, it would work far better for a more edgy trope in terms of style, but certainly not as the girl next door, its a mess for that.

As for the body I understand what you mean about the spine curve to be honest. Despite that its the least of my concern, her hair and face is totally killing her trope. However while we are in the subject of perfecting Jenny yes I agree her body does need a few changes.

I feel the same way!  To be completely honest, I think her character model looks so off with the makeup especially.  What kind of final girl is wearing hoe-red lipstick?  She look very generic.  Deborah, Tiffany, and AJ have a unique look to them but Jenny looks unflattering.  If it were just for the shoulders, hips, or hair I would understand but her face is just off.

I personally like her design. She reminds me of Ellen Page so much. I wouldn't mind a different hairstyle though. But I think overall the hairstyles in this game all look sorta funky.

15 hours ago, iz2sick said:

I personally like her design. She reminds me of Ellen Page so much. I wouldn't mind a different hairstyle though. But I think overall the hairstyles in this game all look sorta funky.

That you are right, the hair does all have its minor flaws in this game, but Jenny's hair shape is by far the worst and most importantly in general does not fit her trope. My primary concern however is that Jenny does get a change, be it her head entirely or just the hair (when I say head I mean face+hair).

Also I may as well say, hi again!

15 hours ago, Zenbro0615 said:

I feel the same way!  To be completely honest, I think her character model looks so off with the makeup especially.  What kind of final girl is wearing hoe-red lipstick?  She look very generic.  Deborah, Tiffany, and AJ have a unique look to them but Jenny looks unflattering.  If it were just for the shoulders, hips, or hair I would understand but her face is just off.

I'm glad you agree, one of the only way to remedy the issues is they give her a new fitting hairstyle or prefferebly they actually just redo her head entirely as overall it doesn't feel right. Particularly for her trope. Deborah looks nice in her red lips but Jenny really doesn't, I agree with you too.

I personally hope that we can get some acknowledgement on getting Jenny some type of update visually in general because she is the character most in need of it. The only other that feels that way to me may be Chad and its purely his face.

Wanted the concept design because she looked like Vera from part 3.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Wanted the concept design because she looked like Vera from part 3.

Truth be told Jenny is a lie in the game. The concept showed promise of a good and fulfilling trope and we just kind of got a throwaway for the trope.
I admit that I liked Vera, hell even if they tilted Jenny's her look towards her it'd be better. But Jenny needs to change, I don't understand why literally every character stayed true to their concept except for Jenny. That's plain unfair.

I would since on the subject of Vera like an inspired character of her in the game sometime in the future!

(Couldn't be bothered to quote the reply)

maybe around the top of her hair where it dips inwards and back out is weird, but overall I've seen way worse hairstyles in games. The choppiness I actually like, other than it constantly clipping through her collar.

All in all I do think they need to totally rework her look. Give her freckles, dimples and other stuff to make her look more like the concept art. 

And really her body needs fixing. The broad shoulders, narrow hips, wide arms, weird running style. All of it. Although I do wonder if polo shirts just generally look unflattering on people. Maybe the problems wouldn't be fixed by changing her body. I hope we get additional clothing options in the future.

On 16/07/2017 at 6:26 AM, StarringRole said:

So its been bothering me now for a while and even if its not addressed immediately I would prefer its something for the future at least.

Jenny looks so off. Chris Higgins in the movie looked fine and Jenny's concept for the game looked perfect, what happened to her actual in game model however?

All the characters feel about right except for Jenny, I'd say Chad is probably a little off but nowhere as bad as Jenny.

Jenny doesn't look like a final girl on the head at all. She seems a little to tame/boring for it unlike Chris or her concept. Her hair looks awful in the game with such a weird style and her face looks strange other than the expressions and it just doesn't fit her. The makeup also seems unfitting for her trope, especially with the hair to me at least.

Is there any chance that in the future Jenny could be remade on the upper body because she is the only character in this game that just looks horrid. When I first saw her and her move counterpart I was so excited but Jenny in the game looks awful and definitely the worst of the cast. For me to the point I just don't want to play her. Which saddens me because I love Tiffany and Deborah and Jenny was going to be a part of my favourites but she just looks so weird.

I particularly just cant get over how strange her hair looks. Its not a matter of quality etc, its simply that her look doesn't fit or work together in the slightest.

In Jenny's main look she should be much more like this:

i1kQpmg.jpg

But she doesn't look half as vibrant or anywhere as good at all. Its a completely different aesthetic.

On the other hand assuming they wouldn't change her face how about fixing her alone? Jenny's current hair just doesn't fit and they wish to keep the current look on her face then would this hair just not fit much better?

f13counselors-fb-1.jpg

"Girl Next Door" has the hair I indicate of course, as is Jenny's trope.

One thing is for sure, either her face and hair need to change or just her hair.

Jenny looks very awkward to me and is the only character who seems so wrongly done.

I would like them to give her the appearance she has in the concept but if they don't wish to the hair change would suffice.

Of course this is personal and is minor and should be addressed later, but I cant help but notice how much Jenny sticks out looking off in almost everyway with the most questionable hairstyle too.

I think it's cause Jenny has small cheeks and Chris has chubby cheeks

They shouldn't have given her lifeless eyes.

Also her hair needs volume, and to look less raggedy/greasy like Jenny girl you need to wash your goddamn hair

And give her hair a little bit more colour instead of dull brown.

Take some inspiration from that girl who sang "I think we're alone now" I've been obsessed with 80s songs as of late and she has great hair

13 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I have no issues with her appearance.

I don't either, I have issues in particular with her appearance not fitting her trope however, and I'm sure anyone can see something needs to change.

1 hour ago, CTeden said:

They shouldn't have given her lifeless eyes.

Also her hair needs volume, and to look less raggedy/greasy like Jenny girl you need to wash your goddamn hair

And give her hair a little bit more colour instead of dull brown.

Take some inspiration from that girl who sang "I think we're alone now" I've been obsessed with 80s songs as of late and she has great hair

I agree, let alone if they changed her hair it would a huge improvement but I seriously think she actually just needs an overall head update entirely.

Also don't worry about your obsession, I've had my obsessions from that era as well, I however agree with you. I mean if they gave Jenny her hair it would look a lot more healthy and fitting.

Jenny's current hair however really just doesn't work.

17 hours ago, CTeden said:

(Couldn't be bothered to quote the reply)

maybe around the top of her hair where it dips inwards and back out is weird, but overall I've seen way worse hairstyles in games. The choppiness I actually like, other than it constantly clipping through her collar.

All in all I do think they need to totally rework her look. Give her freckles, dimples and other stuff to make her look more like the concept art. 

And really her body needs fixing. The broad shoulders, narrow hips, wide arms, weird running style. All of it. Although I do wonder if polo shirts just generally look unflattering on people. Maybe the problems wouldn't be fixed by changing her body. I hope we get additional clothing options in the future.

I don't have any disagreements here. I don't get why Jenny is the only character who looks so different to her concept art. She looks amazing in her concept and they just made her look so off in the final product. It doesn't really feel like she fits in with the cast for her trope that is. She is very wrong at the moment. I mean in a joke sense, Kenny is feels far more like "The girl next door".

I agree her body could be worked on of course, but at the end of the day her head is killing her aesthetic, if they rework her head it would be nice if they could get some work done on her body too! I personally feel like her back looks somewhat strange if I had to say.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Jenny's appearance.

Obviously this is getting into her outfit situation but I dunno I want to vent a wee bit about it.

I'm rewatching f13 part 3 and Jenny's outfit looks barely anything like it does in this movie. The colours, while insignificant because the colours can be changed, are way harsher than they are in the movie. It's actually a decent get up.

but then in the movie the top is less of a polo shirt and more of a blouse. And her pants aren't even jeans, they're slacks. Also her ugly shoes I can't deal with.

i think I need to leave this thread alone now

her body looks fine imo. her back isn't as arched as tiffany. she doesn't have skinny chicken legs like vanessa or aj. maybe if they smoothed and made her cheeks fuller, added some volume to her hair, then she'd look better. 

but i think they should fix vanessa and aj's legs first, then buggzy's face, then jenny's head.

I never really noticed the similarity to Vera but I definitely see if after it's been said.  Vera was one of my favorite characters.  She seemed so tough on the outside but you could tell she had a sweet personality once you got to know her.  It was very sad when she died.  She seemed like the type that wasn't afraid to say what was on her mind.

I was trying to figure out if there was a trope for Vera.  She's sort of like the Final Girl's friend, but obviously that's not something they could easily put in the game.  I wonder if they don't change Jenny's appearance, if they would ever add alternate final girl's from different F13 movies - although Chris Higgins was one of the most memorable and my favorites.