Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonKILLER

Ok Lets just cut the middle man out of this

37 posts in this topic

It is time to just cut the middle man out of this... Thats right im talking about the one and only guy that is Tommy.He is the only one who gets to kill Jason and I think that it is really hard to try and kill Jason  unless you have all the requirement to do it. 

1.knock off Jason mask(Takes way to many hits which gets you killed for trying) 

2.Call Tommy and wait for Tommy to arrive(takes two player to either die or escape the map)

3.Girl counselor have to run around map to look for Jason house to get the sweater that have not been wash in YEARS(could take 5 to 7min and thats not counting the fact if Jason find you)

4.with any luck have to survive and meet in one spot to kill Jason(Good luck with that)

Also I think it  would be nice if  the girl counselor was able to drop the sweater instead of keeping it forever until she use the ability

So I say let just cut Tommy out of the requirements to kill Jason so it can be a little easier to kill Jason because its to much of a slim chance at killing him if Tommy dies or the girl with the sweater dies or to many of the team has died to try and attempt to kill him.

21 minutes ago, JasonKILLER said:

It is time to just cut the middle man out of this... Thats right im talking about the one and only guy that is Tommy.He is the only one who gets to kill Jason and I think that it is really hard to try and kill Jason  unless you have all the requirement to do it. 

2.Call Tommy and wait for Tommy to arrive(takes two player to either die or escape the map)

3.Girl counselor have to run around map to look for Jason house to get the sweater that have not been wash in YEARS(could take 5 to 7min and thats not counting the fact if Jason find you)

4.with any luck have to survive and meet in one spot to kill Jason(Good luck with that)

Also I think it  would be nice if  the girl counselor was able to drop the sweater instead of keeping it forever until she use the ability

So I say let just cut Tommy out of the requirements to kill Jason so it can be a little easier to kill Jason because its to much of a slim chance at killing him if Tommy dies or the girl with the sweater dies or to many of the team has died to try and attempt to kill him.

...and make Tommy completely useless. I don't like the idea.

Campkill likes this

What dude are you crazy? Have you watched any F13 film? It's supposed to be hard, it's Jason freaking Voorhees! I thought this "make it easier for the counselors" stuff was over with. 

51 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

...and make Tommy completely useless. I don't like the idea.

Well he will still be useful because he will spawn with one shotgun with one special bullet and still have better stats then the other counselor to do everything better than them

43 minutes ago, Rydog said:

Do you not understand how easy it already is to kill Jason if a couple of people in your group are committed to the task?

Its not really easy especially when Pro Jason know how to go in  killing stance and block the attacks and know how to shift grab,Plus a couple of people is not good enough to kill Jason. I really have not seen anyone try to kill me as Jason or have not even come close to being kill as Jason

1 hour ago, Arcanecynic said:

It's supposed to be hard, it's JASON!

It will still be hard but it will give counselor a little more of a fighting chance at trying to kill Jason

I have been in lobbies where no one has a mic and almost kill Jason.

If people are determined to kill Jason, it's surprisingly easy to do so if at least two people know what they're doing, and if the Jason player doesn't take advantage of combat mode to block Counselor's attacks. I've had a match where two players were this close to killing Jason, but the Tommy player had the wrong weapon and the Tiffany player activated the Pamela Sweater too early.

If anything, it should be more difficult to kill Jason. Right now, it's rather ironic that killing Jason is the easiest task to accomplish to win the match as a Counselor than actually trying to escape. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

3 hours ago, JasonKILLER said:

Totally disagree.

Kill Jason must be Hard, very hard! Even its so hard, I like the idea how developers implemented kill Jason style in game.

Heck, I think they should have gone a step further and made it so you had to have all unique counselors, and Tommy has to use the machete. It should be really, really hard to kill Jason. Personally, I never want to see it done in any of the games I'm a part of.

1 hour ago, RichWalk9891 said:

If people are determined to kill Jason, it's surprisingly easy to do so if at least two people know what they're doing, and if the Jason player doesn't take advantage of combat mode to block Counselor's attacks. I've had a match where two players were this close to killing Jason, but the Tommy player had the wrong weapon and the Tiffany player activated the Pamela Sweater too early.

If anything, it should be more difficult to kill Jason. Right now, it's rather ironic that killing Jason is the easiest task to accomplish to win the match as a Counselor than actually trying to escape. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Ok then. Can you send me a bit of whatever you're smoking if I message you my address?

52 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Ok then. Can you send me a bit of whatever you're smoking if I message you my address?

No, but I can recommend looking up @Rydog commentary and his guides to have a better understanding of the game's current gameplay mechanics. I'm confident that he knows what he's talking about, based on his research.

From what I've gathered, Jason is surprisingly easy to take out with a well coordinated team that take turns stunning and damaging Jason until his mask falls off, especially if the team manages to contact Tommy Jarvis and have a female Counselor go fetch Pamela's Sweater. If the team knows hit-and-run tactics, using the right kind of weapons, and stopping Jason from going for a kill animation if he grabs someone, chances are Jason is going to struggle with killing Counselors working as a team, and will have to rely on separating them to ensure that they won't interrupt him from killing them off one by one.

If you're trying to take out Jason alone or with a group that aren't confident or smart enough to work together, then trying to kill Jason at that point is pretty much impossible. You're better off focusing on calling the cops, or getting the cars and boat ready to drive away to safety, and that's ironically more difficult than taking out Jason himself, given how the current gameplay mechanics favors killing Jason more than trying to escape from the match.

5 hours ago, JasonKILLER said:

Why in the hell should it be easy to kill Jason? Go watch some of the movies. I honestly think it should be harder to kill him. I'm not saying it's easy, it's definitely not, but I still think it should be more difficult than it is right now.

Jason is supposed to win. What defines you as a counselor is what you're able to accomplish within a match given that narrative. 

I have to disagree with this. IMO, the only other counselors that should be able to kill him would be more counselors that are brought in from the movies. Even then it's tough to decide, because technically Tommy is the only one that ever killed Jason with his own hands. The rest that escaped usually got away because of help by some other force. EX: Tina's ghost dad in Part 7 (who was summoned by her, but she didn't physically put Jason down herself). Toxic waste in Part 8 etc.

6 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Rydog compiled the timestamps of a stream with a group of 4 people (Edit: A group of 5 if you count Cachi55) doing it 11 times in about 5 hours:

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/9008-thick-skinned-perk-nerfed/&do=findComment&comment=108146

The biggest issue is getting Tommy, which is why a Buggzy suicide demasker build is sometimes employed; ideally you want to demask and die before Jason has a chance to kill 2 random noobs and lock you out of getting Tommy. The more people in your group, the better the chance 2 in your group will die to Jason and secure Tommy before a noob does. After you get control of Tommy, it's pretty smooth sailing if you have a competent female counselor on the team to use the sweater.

Someone killed him 11 times in one session.

It's very easy to overpower Jason if everyone is working together. They need to make it HARDER to kill him, not easier.

Hey I have a question about killing Jason. In a private game with some friends we killed him for the cheevo, but when I tried to do it in a public match, we had demasked him and a vanesssa player had the sweater, we waited in Higgins Lodge and she stunned him yet no prompt for the A button popped up. IDK what we did wrong, shortly after I got hung on a coat hook, but it was fun while it lasted. Any tips on what I did wrong? 

1 hour ago, weirdkid5 said:

Someone killed him 11 times in one session.

It's very easy to overpower Jason if everyone is working together. They need to make it HARDER to kill him, not easier.

Wow, that's ridiculous.

In that case, making Jason harder to kill is definitely top priority. I wouldn't know what to suggest to improve on this, but this does make Jason appear less of an imposing juggernaut than the game have you believe if it's this easy to overwhelm and defeat Jason.

This also makes the Counselors' objective priorities completely backwards as well, isn't their objective to escape meant to be easier to accomplish than it is to actually work together to go and kill Jason? I'm not saying that escaping as a Counselor should be made easier as a whole, but Jason being this easy to kill seems to diminish the purpose of the Counselors' main objective of the game: to either escape by police/car/boat, or survive the entire match for 20 minutes.

Granted, killing Jason means finding a well coordinated team actively working to help each other at all times, but still...

I had a match playing as part 6 Jason. While it should have been simple enough as I went around to kill people, I wound up in a couple "buddy" situations (folks with weapons to slap me to free their friend). Enough of this lead to the mask getting knocked off and I eventually killed one or two of them.

Then, as I was menacing one dude, I chased him down the road to a couple other people grouped up.

Before I had any idea what was happening, a girl wearing the sweater started talking at me and I froze. I was promptly knocked to my knees and Tommy Machete'd me to death.

Because the girl had the mask, I had no idea she hit my shack, nor did I know they had set up to attack me since they were conversing over radio.

Look, if the counselor players know what they are doing, killing jason is not too hard.

7 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I had a match playing as part 6 Jason. While it should have been simple enough as I went around to kill people, I wound up in a couple "buddy" situations (folks with weapons to slap me to free their friend). Enough of this lead to the mask getting knocked off and I eventually killed one or two of them.

Then, as I was menacing one dude, I chased him down the road to a couple other people grouped up.

Before I had any idea what was happening, a girl wearing the sweater started talking at me and I froze. I was promptly knocked to my knees and Tommy Machete'd me to death.

Because the girl had the mask, I had no idea she hit my shack, nor did I know they had set up to attack me since they were conversing over radio.

Look, if the counselor players know what they are doing, killing jason is not too hard.

I've had a group almost kill me. They had everything, however they messed up the kill and they all went running. They then all died from either a fireplace or my pitchfork. It's not hard to kill Jason if you all work together as a team. If no one is working together Jason will get everyone. 

Daneasaur likes this

2 hours ago, JTDestroyer5900 said:

Hey I have a question about killing Jason. In a private game with some friends we killed him for the cheevo, but when I tried to do it in a public match, we had demasked him and a vanesssa player had the sweater, we waited in Higgins Lodge and she stunned him yet no prompt for the A button popped up. IDK what we did wrong, shortly after I got hung on a coat hook, but it was fun while it lasted. Any tips on what I did wrong? 

Tommy has to have either a machete or axe equipped, and I think he also needs the mask in his inventory. If you've successfully stunned him after using the sweater, Jason will fall to his knees.