Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadesofjoe

How Roy Should be Handled

32 posts in this topic

Each match the first betrayed player returns as Roy with maxed out stats (like Tommy Jarvis) and has similar functionality as a counselor (can climb in windows, etc.) but can't get in a vehicle or escape with the police.

Instead, he can remove key parts from vehicles via a repair mini-game and then carry the items in his inventory. He can also kill other counselors. Both of these award XP.

If Roy is killed (either by a counselor or by Jason) he drops the items in his inventory. Roy can also be spotted on the minimap by high composure characters (7+) as a blue circle. To all other characters, he appears as a white circle, just like any other player.

Hal Bailman and PrestonDelRey like this

11 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Each match the first betrayed player returns as Roy with maxed out stats (like Tommy Jarvis) and has similar functionality as a counselor (can climb in windows, etc.) but can't get in a vehicle or escape with the police.

Instead, he can remove key parts from vehicles via a repair mini-game and then carry the items in his inventory. He can also kill other counselors. Both of these award XP.

If Roy is killed (either by a counselor or by Jason) he drops the items in his inventory. Roy can also be spotted on the minimap by high composure characters (7+) as a blue circle. To all other characters, he appears as a white circle, just like any other player.

I don't like this idea. Roy was never going around helping Jason by hindering counselors and him removing batteries and fuel seems bizarre. He also never appears with Jason at the same time. Also if he removed an item and dumped it in the water that would really just be the end of any escape making the game kind of pointless then. The biggest gripe i have is that this just doesn't not fit his theme in the movies at all.

I think they will either leave him out, or make him a new Jason with a different set of strengths/weaknesses or possibly a skin of another Jason (ie - part 2, which is the more human one).

18 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Honestly, I hate this idea. It's been bouncing around on the forum for a while.

As I've said many times now, Roy is Jason until he's not. If Sackhead is in the game, Roy can be too as a 'Jason'.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

As I've said many times now, Roy is Jason until he's not. If Sackhead is in the game, Roy can be too as a 'Jason'.

If i'm not mistaken, Sackhead took more of a beating than Roy throughout the movie.

The only difference is that Roy didn't come back.

Like it isn't hard enough to get the cars going, now we have people who think we should undo progress. No thanks.

I'm just going to re-post what I've said before. It's really getting on my nerves that people don't see Roy fulfills Jason's role.

Quote from Tom Morga, the stuntman that played the blue-cheeked Jason:

"Actually when I did the show, I wasn't trying to differentiate; I was trying to be Jason at all times because the point of it was that this was a Jason character and if the audience would buy that this is Jason that's what we were looking for and we'd reveal what it was later."

Roy should be a Jason type killer. He should not be something additional that exists at the same time as Jason in a match. The point of the game is to copy the tropes of the movies. Put aside any sort of "logic" like "oh well Roy is a normal guy so he should be a normal guy that can get killed in one shot and take vehicles apart and yadayadayada" no, stop it. Stop. It. "Roy" or "Jason-Roy" did not do those things in the movie. He should do what he did in the movie, which is stalk people and kill people. That's all he did while in the mask. The game should copy the themes from the movies, and Roy is as much "Jason" as "Jason" is thematically speaking.

If Roy comes back as a SECOND killer in CONJUCTION with Jason, that just throws the balance right out the window. There would be no point in playing anymore. All the work you put into the escape methods would be gone, and you'd have an "officially designated team killer" on the loose. Just fucking stop this illogical train of thought.

If the OP's idea actually makes it into he game, I will stop playing altogether.

46 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'm just going to re-post what I've said before. It's really getting on my nerves that people don't see Roy fulfills Jason's role.

"Actually when I did the show, I wasn't trying to differentiate; I was trying to be Jason at all times because the point of it was that this was a Jason character and if the audience would buy that this is Jason that's what we were looking for and we'd reveal what it was later."

Roy should be a Jason type killer. He should not be something additional that exists at the same time as Jason in a match. The point of the game is to copy the tropes of the movies. Put aside any sort of "logic" like "oh well Roy is a normal guy so he should be a normal guy that can get killed in one shot and take vehicles apart and yadayadayada" no, stop it. Stop. It. "Roy" or "Jason-Roy" did not do those things in the movie. He should do what he did in the movie, which is stalk people and kill people. That's all he did while in the mask. The game should copy the themes from the movies, and Roy is as much "Jason" as "Jason" is thematically speaking.

If Roy comes back as a SECOND killer in CONJUCTION with Jason, that just throws the balance right out the window. There would be no point in playing anymore. All the work you put into the escape methods would be gone, and you'd have an "officially designated team killer" on the loose. Just fucking stop this illogical train of thought.

If the OP's idea actually makes it into he game, I will stop playing altogether.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better.

lHeartBreakerl likes this

Just fucking stop this illogical train of thought.

All you had to say is that you don't like the idea. 

Hal Bailman likes this

9 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I completely agree, Fellow! Roy needs to be a Jason killer as he was in the movie. 

"Just fucking stop this illogical train of thought."  <<< That was a bit much, but you gave me a good laugh from it.

4 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

All you had to say is that you don't like the idea. 

I'm sorry. My teapot boiled over with the massive amount of people that keep saying that Roy should be a weak counselor type character. It's not you, it's the collective number of people that don't understand how Roy was treated in the film. My apologies.

I'm with Voorhees. Making Roy Jason's Tommy Jarvis will ruin the game and completely go against the F13 trope. 

And we will just have to suspend logic on the surviving shotgun blasts or weapon blows. I bet the majority of you stack multiple traps as Jason. But with Roy, now you want to be logical?

If Roy comes in ... which I really really REALLY want, then they need to mo cap the infamous "Tree Belt Kill"!!!

I think a good way to go for A New Beginning would be 2 Roy skins, one as Jason and the other as counselor in his paramedic attire. The map would consist of the halfway house, trailer park, enhanced barn (with loft) and town setting. Also add Junior, Ethel, Pam, Reggie and a new Jarvis look. The new "kill Jason" method would involve the barn obviously and some spikes. His weapon would be a meat cleaver. A few new kills would involve a tree and a strap, as mentioned, and perhaps some road flares. As others have said he definitely needs to be a Jason right from the start, keeping Jarvis as the hero counselor. 

On 7/14/2017 at 2:32 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

If i'm not mistaken, Sackhead took more of a beating than Roy throughout the movie.

Just watched Part 5 last night, and Roy got punctured and thrown by a tractor, kicked in the head, cut with a chainsaw, stabbed in the inner thigh with the pocket knife (that Tommy should have when he spawns in the game, imo), smacked in the back with an axe handle, knocked out a barn loft, macheted in the wrist and finally impaled on a bed of spikes. He took a beating and shrugged it off like he were Zombie Jason or dang near it. Sackhead was a baby by comparison, grabbing his crotch in pain and cowering from a chainsaw... lol, Roy sword fought a chainsaw with holes in his stomach.

16 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

Just watched Part 5 last night, and Roy got punctured and thrown by a tractor, kicked in the head, cut with a chainsaw, stabbed in the inner thigh with the pocket knife (that Tommy should have when he spawns in the game, imo), smacked in the back with an axe handle, knocked out a barn loft, macheted in the wrist and finally impaled on a bed of spikes. He took a beating and shrugged it off like he were Zombie Jason or dang near it. Sackhead was a baby by comparison, grabbing his crotch in pain and cowering from a chainsaw... lol, Roy sword fought a chainsaw with holes in his stomach.

You just proved my point further. I completely forgot about the chainsaw fight. And anyone who can take that kind of beating and still try to murder people should be in the game.

Pjthines likes this

43 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You just proved my point further. I completely forgot about the chainsaw fight. And anyone who can take that kind of beating and still try to murder people should be in the game.

Agreed! And his look is so unique to the films. I'd love to see him with the hedge trimmers.

ROy_1.pngPart+5+Clippers.jpg*Part+5+Unmasked+Upclose.jpg

Roy could be and should be implemented into the game as a full Part 5 Jason. But like you said in a different thread... how do we deal with the sweater stun since he's not Pam's son? Have Lachappa find Joey's hoodie filled with chocolate bars and offer one to his dad, lol? I'm sure Gun can come up with something.

Edit: or have a counselor Ax down a male counselor right in front of Roy, lol.

1 hour ago, Pjthines said:

You make a valid point. There is film precedent for Tommy to spawn with a pocket knife. Sometimes it can get annoying to keep getting shivved with knifes as Jason. Maybe they could have composure tied to a small random chance to drop items out of your pockets when you are under attack. I'll leave the film scene here.

Pjthines likes this

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I know man, but no one seems to care anymore.

Yeah, I'm just tired of repeating myself.

6 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Yeah, I'm just tired of repeating myself.

Did you just suggest that people look for info instead of making new threads? Fucking blasphemy.

Two days ago I had to say "part 4, 5, and Jason X pre and post Uber will be dlc" about 4 times in 3 different threads.

I concur that Roy will be another Jason. We had to suspend disbelief for the film, pretty sure we'll be ok with doing it for the game too.

bewareofbears likes this

On 7/14/2017 at 2:34 PM, Brigadius said:

1st suicide gets to come back as Crazy Ralph. Unlimited stamina and starts on bicycle. He goes around making tons of noise screaming, "you're all doomed." causes fear in counselors and distracts Jason with noise. Just an overall a-hole. 

I think I want an A-hole Crazy Ralph more than a new Jason, LOL. Just not suicide, just dying like Tommie. I would like to see 3-4 different "heros" come back and it would be random, so your taking a chance using the radio to call for help.