agnes

Driving in reverse to escape

76 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I was actually thinking about how quickly the car switched from one direction to the other. If you are still slightly moving forward in a standard and try to put the stick in reverse, it will grind. At least in every standard that I have driven. 

It's a manual.

FB_IMG_1500028190409.jpg

FB_IMG_1500028185303.jpg

FB_IMG_1500028177105.jpg

Ghostboy20 likes this

In case anyone was wondering, stopping the car from behind has no animation for Jason. Thus Jason's shift isn't even cut off by the crash. At least, I could carry on when this happened to me earlier today.

4 hours ago, Brigadius said:

It's a manual.

FB_IMG_1500028190409.jpg

FB_IMG_1500028185303.jpg

FB_IMG_1500028177105.jpg

I was about to post a video of me driving it lol it's a stick sooo Jason can stall it out. 

We are already given traps that if properly used can stop or at least alert us to the car being fixed-used. We get an audible que when engine starts, you can look on the map and see it moving. You can shift into it with proper timing. 

What exactly needs to be fixed Here?  They give Jason so many opportunities to stop the car and now people want reverse "nerfed" or rearview removed? 

Used to be in a game people try and increase their skill to get more improved at the game. Now people just want things "fixed".  After the missed chances and let's say they do take away rearview, and you still miss, what's next? Improved traction mechanic so the car will slide on gravel and possibly wreck so you can catch them? Just practice using Jason more. Most people tend to agree it isn't broken.

Dr. Lecter, Rok73 and j03audette like this

2 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We are already given traps that if properly used can stop or at least alert us

There is now a trick that can override the traps by moving to the side and avoding the traps and I tested this out with the car and I got passed the traps 100%. You would have to listen for the car to start in order to even know they are taking off. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

There is now a trick that can override the traps by moving to the side and avoding the traps and I tested this out with the car and I got passed the traps 100%. You would have to listen for the car to start in order to even know they are taking off. 

Now this is an example of something that needs fixed.  Not working as intended.  I knew about the car door glitch, it's why I trap gas and battery only. Didn't know they found a way to dodge those

Dr. Lecter likes this

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Now this is an example of something that needs fixed.  Not working as intended.  I knew about the car door glitch, it's why I trap gas and battery only. Didn't know they found a way to dodge those

I found out by a guy who got passed the phone box, if he didn't screw up I wouldn't have gotten him. I see the double trapping being a thing, I tested out the battery and gas, it worked, same as the door. You just gotta aim just right and it acts like the trap isn't there. These are things that should be address. 

It would be great if we, as Jason, could lay down traps in the middle of the road and have them act as spike strips blowing the tires and stopping the car.;)

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

It would be great if we, as Jason, could lay down traps in the middle of the road and have them act as spike strips blowing the tires and stopping the car.;)

Haha. A whole new step would then need to be added to fix the car, where you need to find a spare tire and replace the flat tire to get it going again.

I think it is fine as is because the car can be stopped from behind.  Any Jason that has shift or morph as a weakness should keep a very close eye on the car(s).  If the counselors get them started, it will be very difficult to stop them from escaping- especially counselors who are skilled at "offroading" or driving in reverse.  Jason needs both shift and morph cool downs to be at a minimal, in order to keep a car at bay. 

Body blocking traps or stepping over the driver seat trap by angling your X prompt to open the door are examples of normal exploits in a game. EVERY game has them and they're not game breaking. 

Roof glitching is game breaking because it creates an impossible to lose scenario and is easy as hell to do.

Exploiting the angle of a interaction prompt and the fact it activates an animation that disregards the trap isn't anything special.

Resident Evil for example has allowed you invincible frames whenever you use a ladder, open a door etc too. People exploit the hell out of that as well.

Even on Versus mode on Resident Evil 5, you could exploit the quick swap weapon mechanic to instantly fire a rocket launcher without needing to go into the long aiming animation of it with its first person scope.

This simply became the meta of Versus to quickfire your rockets. And it wasn't game breaking because it only gave you one kill. And last place got double points for kills, so it was super easy to make a comeback that dying to a quick shot rocket didn't matter.

The same thing happened with interactive items. People exploited ammo drops to pick them up right as a rocket flew at them to get the invincible frames and avoid the rocket. This simply became the meta of Versus.

There is not a game in existsnce that doesn't have exploitable mechanics.

I don't think people need to jump to call for nerfs and fixes on every tiny thing in the game because it'll be impossible to get rid of every possible exploit in a game. Fixing one could easily cause another.

Learn the meta and adapt. Focus your nerfs on actual game breaking shit like roof glitching or out of bounds glitchers etc. Like they did.

Because i promise you even if they nerf this and that, the meta will find something else to exploit. You simply cannot get rid of every exploit.

And exploits can actually help the game by providing counters to shit that is otherwise hard to counter.

Like body blocking traps is a counter to trap stacking that so many people whine about.

Which is the silliest part. They whine Jason can exploit traps to triple stack then but don't realize they can exploit hit detection to body block a trap from triggering on them and bypass the trap altogether.

If both sides can exploit something in their favor, it's not unfair or unbalanced.

@ikarikh Body blocking to avoid traps IS a game-breaking exploit. People should not be able to put car parts into thin air and fix the car. Like, no, just no. They should fix body blocking and instead offer some other tweak to the traps, such as making their radius bigger so that they can't be placed side by side, like there will be a gap between them. Using the car door to glide over traps needs to be fixed too. But there also needs to be something like sacrificing a weapon instead of your foot to get rid of a trap without a pocket knife, but it breaks the weapon. These trap overhauls need to be done. Body-blocking is just a band-aid on the currently broken system.

TelekineticTina likes this

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ikarikh Body blocking to avoid traps IS a game-breaking exploit. People should not be able to put car parts into thin air and fix the car. Like, no, just no. They should fix body blocking and instead offer some other tweak to the traps, such as making their radius bigger so that they can't be placed side by side, like there will be a gap between them. Using the car door to glide over traps needs to be fixed too. But there also needs to be something like sacrificing a weapon instead of your foot to get rid of a trap without a pocket knife, but it breaks the weapon. These trap overhauls need to be done. Body-blocking is just a band-aid on the currently broken system.

As great as I think this game is, everything in it is kinda broken. It's just amazing, I've never loved a game so broken before.

Here's what I want clarification on from the devs:  are you INTENDED to be able to drive backwards out the exit?  (it bugs out when you do and the car blocks off the exit from the cops if they do so it seems wonky)

11 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Here's what I want clarification on from the devs:  are you INTENDED to be able to drive backwards out the exit?  (it bugs out when you do and the car blocks off the exit from the cops if they do so it seems wonky)

The car is set to follow a path when it leaves so it looks like you're escape. This path automatically takes over the. You clear the exit but is most likely set to be driven in forward. The car attempts to correct for this by making a turn so that it's facing the right direction but in a lot of cases the area it's trying to turn around in is to small and it gets stuck. 

It's just a bug and it can be fixed but it's probably not too priority. They just need to make it like a roomba and every time it hits a barrier it changes direction until it's path is clear. 

I was thinking about previous matches and I realized the biggest problem Jason has vs the car is that councilors are completely invulnerable inside it, and the car is impervious to Jason's attacks other than standing in front or behind it to make it crash. They need to make the car vulnerable to damage, like if Jason misses the car he should be able to attack the side and make the car swerve and smash the windows.

There is also the problem that if the driver drives super slowly then they will always be able to change direction when Jason appears. Additionally Jason absolutely cannot press the E prompt to smash the car if it is traveling in reverse even at 0.001 MPH. If the car is moving in reverse at all, Jason can't smash it from the front. They need to increase the range on the E smash prompt because there have been times where I was literally touching the front bumper but could not smash the car because the car was traveling in reverse even if it was a snail's pace.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so thought I would ask this here: 

What happens if you drive over Jason's stunned body on the ground? Never seen this done. Does the car just pass straight through the character model? Does it stop the car? 

If you've been lax enough as Jason that people have managed to subvert the traps, find the gas, battery and keys, install them, and set off, then you deserve to be at a disadvantage - otherwise, what's the point of the car? It's supposed to be a victory condition!

Even then, It's not that hard to stop with intelligent Shifting. And certain car locations, such as Packanack lodge and the Higgins penninsula, force you through narrow paths that are almost impossible to avoid Jason on.

The car is balanced. Too many people seem to think Jason should be literally unbeatable, even when playing badly.

It's a competitive game, not a murder sandbox.

11 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If you've been lax enough as Jason that people have managed to subvert the traps, find the gas, battery and keys, install them, and set off, then you deserve to be at a disadvantage - otherwise, what's the point of the car? It's supposed to be a victory condition!

Even then, It's not that hard to stop with intelligent Shifting. And certain car locations, such as Packanack lodge and the Higgins penninsula, force you through narrow paths that are almost impossible to avoid Jason on.

The car is balanced. Too many people seem to think Jason should be literally unbeatable, even when playing badly.

It's a competitive game, not a murder sandbox.

No, we just think that driving in REVERSE the whole way out should not be a viable strategy.

Think about when some people tried to reverse out against Jason in the movies.

Davidt likes this

1 hour ago, Splatterhouse said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so thought I would ask this here: 

What happens if you drive over Jason's stunned body on the ground? Never seen this done. Does the car just pass straight through the character model? Does it stop the car? 

Yes. It stops the car dead in its tracks. Kinda lame, but it's probably so you can just park on top of him lol I remember someone else talking about this one time and that's what they said.

Imagine if he were to get up while the car was on him, and the car just gets launched off of him like a catapult bahaha

I don't think it's an issue, however, one solution would be that you just need to touch the front of the car to stop it. That way you can shift into a reversing car easily.

The opposite shouldn't be true though. If the car's pulling away, you should always need to be in front. 

Jeez the amount of whining in this forum is so sad.Here for those that want to actually learn how to play the game:

Trap avoidance via bodyblock. You can use another councellor or a car to block the interaction point you usually warp to when installing any given part. Bringing a car you can also repair from the hood of the car, which you would scream exploit, while I would say: Who said again that you aren't supposed to fix the phonebox from the top of a car? Additional bonus kicker: Leaving the car in front of the phonebox doesn't allow Jason to break the box either, just like bodyblocking with a councellor.

If you attack a car with the wish of stopping it you do not want to manually break your shift ever. The car goes reverse all you need to do is grazy it from behind while in shift and it won't even take you out of shift. Crashing into the ront of the car while in shift will end it.

Additionally you can strike the driver from the outside to reset his ignition timer. He won't be damaged but he will have to start from scratch. You can also bodyblock the door perfectly as Jason so nobody can enter the car.

Your best shot at stopping the car is long range shift attacks. Morph way ahead and then go into shift. Opposite to popular wrong information stalk has no bearing on the VHS effect. VHS effect is a function of distance.

Good luck in learning how to stop a car and ultimately turn it into the death cage that it is.

All the car is good for is trolling and certainly the car keeps on giving. <3 the car.

1 hour ago, weirdkid5 said:

Yes. It stops the car dead in its tracks. Kinda lame, but it's probably so you can just park on top of him lol I remember someone else talking about this one time and that's what they said.

Imagine if he were to get up while the car was on him, and the car just gets launched off of him like a catapult bahaha

Haha thanks for the answer mate. I've just driven around him in the past, just to be sure. 

Yeah I can imagine it was something they realised wouldn't work if you could just drive over him. Can you imagine the  parking on top of him trolling that would go on 😂 and yes, can definitely see the car being launched into space being a thing 😂 

On 17.7.2017 at 7:31 PM, Pappus said:

Jeez the amount of whining in this forum is so sad.Here for those that want to actually learn how to play the game:

Trap avoidance via bodyblock. You can use another councellor or a car to block the interaction point you usually warp to when installing any given part. Bringing a car you can also repair from the hood of the car, which you would scream exploit, while I would say: Who said again that you aren't supposed to fix the phonebox from the top of a car? Additional bonus kicker: Leaving the car in front of the phonebox doesn't allow Jason to break the box either, just like bodyblocking with a councellor.

[...]

That same argument could be used for roof glitching. Who said we can't hide from the killer on a roof? Well, no one said so specifically but it's still bannable, as it should be.

The new rules state: "Deliberate Abuse of Exploits - Exploit usage that results in the deliberate griefing of others to gain an advantage and overall reduce enjoyment for other players will result in a ban."

You are bypassing and nullifying an entire feature of the game, the traps, with your little trick. How can you not perceive that as an exploit? By doing so, you are also doing exactly what the rule above forbids: gaining advantage by abusing a bug. You are supposed to make the same choice of sacrifice everyone else has to if you want to get around the trap: either loose a knife or injure yourself and alert Jason. That's how they were intended to work and I can look for a quote if really needed. A player playing Jason shouldn't have to worry about defending himself against immunity bugs abused by the cheaters, either. Kinda kills the horror movie atmosphere, the devs were after with this game.

1 hour ago, D00las said:

That same argument could be used for roof glitching. Who said we can't hide from the killer on a roof? Well, no one said so specifically but it's still bannable, as it should be.

The new rules state: "Deliberate Abuse of Exploits - Exploit usage that results in the deliberate griefing of others to gain an advantage and overall reduce enjoyment for other players will result in a ban."

You are bypassing and nullifying an entire feature of the game, the traps, with your little trick. How can you not perceive that as an exploit? By doing so, you are also doing exactly what the rule above forbids: gaining advantage by abusing a bug. You are supposed to make the same choice of sacrifice everyone else has to if you want to get around the trap: either loose a knife or injure yourself and alert Jason. That's how they were intended to work and I can look for a quote if really needed. A player playing Jason shouldn't have to worry about defending himself against immunity bugs abused by the cheaters, either. Kinda kills the horror movie atmosphere, the devs were after with this game.

Difference is Jason cannot reach the roof. He can put down more traps to counter the avoidance. The only way to completely bypass a rosegarden is by repairing from the hood of a car, which should be fairly visible anyhow.