MikieMcpMD

Measures that INSURE no Jason helping...

27 posts in this topic

I've had SOOOOOOO many matches where people are cheating / helping Jason it beyond sucks. Here are a few ways to prevent any Jason helping by other players.

1 - No blips on the map showing other councilors your current location. If I want you to know, I'll TELL you in the game.

2 - No party chat allowed in game. I know, some people will bitch and moan but, this game was designed with proximity chat as a key game mechanic.

3 - Jason cannot hear ANY players talking on mics in game (and visa versa). Again, I know this will piss some people off but, people can't cheat if they don't have the option. All Jason hears is the sounds that the councilor characters make. Also, I think this will help the game as well, obviously Jason doesn't talk. It takes me way out of the game and kills the mood when you hear some idiot playing the Benny Hill theme over their mic as Jason.

Basically, it sucks but lets be real for a second... you can't trust every asshead to play by the rules, and if your give them any opportunity, there will be some assholes who cheat. So in order to not ruin a game that I love and have waited for: Please don't give them ANY opportunity to cheat!

Okay let’s take a look at all 3

If they don’t have blips showing where anybody is at I will have no clue on what’s being searched so I would need to guess yes I could ask where there at but that would require a Walkie plus if somebody is running from Jason and I go towards them and didn’t know since it would show on the map that they’re running Jason can kill me

Since no party chat people can message/call/Skype/Discord/Messenger Jason so no matter what they do there will still be a 3rd Party option to talk to others

If I can’t hear people talking about what they have on them than that’s just dumb besides I love scaring the crap out of people when I talk to them as Jason I saved my ass a few times giving up a player that always escapes by himself or any other asshat

these are the reasons why they won’t work

2 people like this

#1 Tough shit.

#2 It will still cut down on cheating A LOT, as you make it as difficult as possible for people to do so.

On 7/9/2017 at 0:27 PM, GrandMasterLynx said:

If I can’t hear people talking about what they have on them than that’s just dumb besides I love scaring the crap out of people when I talk to them as Jason I saved my ass a few times giving up a player that always escapes by himself or any other asshat

Just because you "love scaring the crap out of them" isn't good enough a reason to ruin a LARGE percentage of matches for people. And that's no reason why they (quote) "won't work."

So hearing players and what their plan is ruins it for everyone they should learn not to talk when Jason is around

Of course they should, but that won't stop the Jason helping cheaters.

i haven't run in to many jason helpers, actually, but the only one i agree with is number two.

knowing where other councilors are has a huge impact on gameplay, whether it be knowing what cabins have been searched, what objectives are possibly being worked on or where people have died. 

On 7/9/2017 at 0:50 AM, MikieMcpMD said:

I've had SOOOOOOO many matches where people are cheating / helping Jason it beyond sucks. Here are a few ways to prevent any Jason helping by other players.

1 - No blips on the map showing other councilors your current location. If I want you to know, I'll TELL you in the game.

2 - No party chat allowed in game. I know, some people will bitch and moan but, this game was designed with proximity chat as a key game mechanic.

3 - Jason cannot hear ANY players talking on mics in game (and visa versa). Again, I know this will piss some people off but, people can't cheat if they don't have the option. All Jason hears is the sounds that the councilor characters make. Also, I think this will help the game as well, obviously Jason doesn't talk. It takes me way out of the game and kills the mood when you hear some idiot playing the Benny Hill theme over their mic as Jason.

Basically, it sucks but lets be real for a second... you can't trust every asshead to play by the rules, and if your give them any opportunity, there will be some assholes who cheat. So in order to not ruin a game that I love and have waited for: Please don't give them ANY opportunity to cheat!

Would you please define what you mean as cheating?

What percentage of matches would you predict are ruined by people cheating/helping Jason?

19 hours ago, matisangry said:

i haven't run in to many jason helpers, actually, but the only one i agree with is number two.

knowing where other councilors are has a huge impact on gameplay, whether it be knowing what cabins have been searched, what objectives are possibly being worked on or where people have died. 

#2 people can songet around sure let’s stop party chat he’ll even messages while your playing

but if they go this far people can just call you/text you on your phone even use Discord’s party chat so why even bother?

I don't think party chat is something that can be disabled, right?

If I remember right, Getting Sony & Microsoft to work with proximity chat in the first place was a huge obstacle for them to overcome in the first place and took a lot of time to satisfy them.

I've had almost no matches where someone was helping Jason, but I've playing nothing but Private Matches so far after all. If I was in QP, may well be different.
A solution to that is really difficult as Lynx says, in that there are ways around even these measures.

Had a couple kids helping Jason tonight. I rarely run into this when I do it's always some little 12 year kid helping them. 

So, for the questions above, I bought a PS4 just to play this game (after watching the closed beta), so I don't have enough friends with a PS4 and this game to play private matches, so I only play quick play matches right now.

What do I consider cheating: Glitching, of course is cheating, but all I was referring to in this thread is Jason helping, which I definitely consider cheating.

What percentage of games do I encounter cheating in? Let's put it this way: I just now powered up my PS4 and in my first game of the night a carload of people drove right to the cabin I was hiding in (not on a road, on a trail), with Jason and another guy running along and ran me over while Jason sat their with them. Also I always play a stealthy character and in 90% of games where people play fair, I'm the last one standing. So I see it a lot.

Also, why is there no in game REPORT PLAYER? Where anyone could send a video of the last ten minutes in which they played (just like the PS4 error reporting)?

All are good ideas, but #2 alone would eliminate a LOT of the Jason-teaming.  Nothing can eliminate all cheaters, but that would go a long way towards solving the problem.

I also find it funny (sad, actually), that in any threads where people are complaining about cheats or trolls, there's a few of the same exact posters who ALWAYS show up to play devil's advocate.  Whether it's glitching, TK, Jason-teaming, whatever, you see some of the exact same names making the exact same "well, they shouldn't eliminate this because..." arguments. 

If you're a poster consistently in favor of cheating and trolling other players, you're not helping improve the community - you are the problem in the community.

2 people like this

On 7/9/2017 at 5:50 AM, MikieMcpMD said:

Really? You'll tell people where you are, in that case Jason will hear you unless you have a walkie-talkie and in that case people may be out of range.

Stopping in game chat will not stop the worse cheaters who are personal friends and will be talking on mobile phones.

It is a stupid idea to disable chat and not let us see where people are. It simply won't work and will make the game even harder for the decent players who don't cheat.

I have no friends who play this game (xbox) and so I am always on my own.

I have experienced many examples of cheating and councillors attacking me. I record my game on a recorder that cost me £70. I also spend £52 on a headset and  stereo adapter and I didn't fork out that money on top of game cost (£32) to have chat disabled. So playing this game has cost me £154!

Most cheating is done in secret on mobile phones and that can never be stopped unfortunately. I am sure I have lost many games due to cheating. In one game I was in Packanack lodge, it is huge place. Jason was outside the back of the lodge and killed someone. He then had to move around the lodge to the front come in and he found me in the kitchen cupboard in only 15 seconds after he finished killing a councillor. I was using Tiffany who is the most stealthy character. He did not search the lodge he came STRAIGHT to me so someone who had died in game was watching where I was and the piece of crap told his friend who was playing Jason. I did not hear the instructions on chat so the were using some other covert means of communication.

Here is a video of me playing Tiffany and being killed by some cretin. He was clearly in cahoots with the guy who came back as Travis. I sent this video to game developers, I have not received any reply. Unfortunately this video also shows one of the over 150 times I have been cut off from the game. In this case it was a "timed out error". Just watch until the end. So I could not keep following these two creeps to see what other problems they caused. 

On 7/16/2017 at 7:19 AM, AJLeatherman said:

All are good ideas, but #2 alone would eliminate a LOT of the Jason-teaming.  Nothing can eliminate all cheaters, but that would go a long way towards solving the problem.

I also find it funny (sad, actually), that in any threads where people are complaining about cheats or trolls, there's a few of the same exact posters who ALWAYS show up to play devil's advocate.  Whether it's glitching, TK, Jason-teaming, whatever, you see some of the exact same names making the exact same "well, they shouldn't eliminate this because..." arguments. 

If you're a poster consistently in favor of cheating and trolling other players, you're not helping improve the community - you are the problem in the community.

THANK... YOU!

On 7/9/2017 at 6:27 PM, GrandMasterLynx said:

I saved my ass a few times giving up a player that always escapes by himself or any other asshat

I would 100% expect this type of game play from you - One of those "Jason, Jason! Leave me, they are escaping in the boat, look!" or "Jason, let me go please, they are all at the 4-seater" Players

I despise players that give out other player's locations to save their own asses - Your entire "player that always escapes by himself" argument is such a bad assumption, since he could be the only player close to a car, and would have probably picked up people along the way, but in your mind, it's easier to give away someone's location to save yourself.

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

I would 100% expect this type of game play from you - One of those "Jason, Jason! Leave me, they are escaping in the boat, look!" or "Jason, let me go please, they are all at the 4-seater" Players

I despise players that give out other player's locations to save their own asses - Your entire "player that always escapes by himself" argument is such a bad assumption, since he could be the only player close to a car, and would have probably picked up people along the way, but in your mind, it's easier to give away someone's location to save yourself.

Thanks it’s a great tactic 

1 hour ago, Arcanecynic said:

I wouldn't sweat it. Any group worth playing with wouldn't have him as a member. 

...in gun media have to find a solution about this problem, because it s really annoying and frustrating play seriously  15 mins after 10mins for entering in the match to start a game with people doing this....

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Arcanecynic said:

Whenever I'm Jason and a player rats out somebody else, I usually act on his information...right after I kill the snitch.

Any Jason that does NOT kill a snitch the first chance he gets is foolish, since the snitch could easily be making his info up - he tells you that there's people escaping in the boat, you let him go and morph over to the boat, see nobody there, then have to wait for your morph to recharge, and the snitch is long gone by the time you get back.

Much easier to just kill the snitch counselor immediately, then investigate whether his info was good or not.  I'm also quick to take out any TK counselors who I see trying to "help" me by killing other counselors.  Any Jason who has even mediocre skills doesn't need any "help", so if I see a TK on my watch, they become the #1 target in my crosshairs.  I'd rather let multiple fair players escape then let one TK survive.

3 hours ago, AJLeatherman said:

Whenever I'm Jason and a player rats out somebody else, I usually act on his information...right after I kill the snitch.

Any Jason that does NOT kill a snitch the first chance he gets is foolish, since the snitch could easily be making his info up - he tells you that there's people escaping in the boat, you let him go and morph over to the boat, see nobody there, then have to wait for your morph to recharge, and the snitch is long gone by the time you get back.

Much easier to just kill the snitch counselor immediately, then investigate whether his info was good or not.  I'm also quick to take out any TK counselors who I see trying to "help" me by killing other counselors.  Any Jason who has even mediocre skills doesn't need any "help", so if I see a TK on my watch, they become the #1 target in my crosshairs.  I'd rather let multiple fair players escape then let one TK survive.

Yeah, but in his case though, he's really selling out team mates, as he confirmed previously, and he has no shame in doing so.

Why do you guys feel the need to bash on me

when anybody snitches on people I make sure to save them for last they think I will let them escape since they give people up nope I will save them for last lol

On 7/24/2017 at 8:50 AM, ale666mori said:

...in gun media have to find a solution about this problem, because it s really annoying and frustrating play seriously  15 mins after 10mins for entering in the match to start a game with people doing this....

On 7/24/2017 at 4:24 AM, Arcanecynic said:

Thank you guys, some players showing maturity over the million squeaker kids cheating every match. BTW, how to so many squeaker kids have this game?!

2 hours ago, MikieMcpMD said:

Thank you guys, some players showing maturity over the million squeaker kids cheating every match. BTW, how to so many squeaker kids have this game?!

Parents buy it for them or grandparents maybe older siblings maybe that shifty guy who said he would buy it for them for $20 plus the cost of the game

but it’s a digital game so anybody can buy it

Another Idea: After a councilor dies, no more spectate players, they can spectate Jason only.

Well if I'm jason and I see people TK Or hide items in the woods I just kill the guy who doing it and let people near by escape I rather have the TK watch everone near  him escape I do like it when they come back as jarvis so double kill. If I'm surviver I try rush and get the gun or a good weapon, I also run thick skin 25% and usually have a first aid.

Its Funny when someone shoots me and I live just to reheal and go full Lucille on them or just tell jason so and so is TK and he handles it cause most Jasons are cool like that. I really try to prep myself every match so I can deal with TK. Tuff part is when a surviver is partnering with jason I tend to cabbin hop and kick the shit out of the TK 

With friendly fire off coming up soon the only issues is now people will hide items in the woods or run with them around without placing it in the objective. Thing is you can't fix everything, thats why its good they have muilp ways to escape. They need to have a respawn if an objective item out in the woods for more then a min. Same cabin or random cabbin. Anyways gl have fun doing safe sex patrol and remember chad is a dick