bewareofbears

Meanwhile, on Reddit...

640 posts in this topic

Some interesting stuff going on over on reddit. There appears to be a controversy with topics being locked and deleted by mods and the publishers. 

I recognize a mod may want to lock this thread but it's in "General Discussion" and game/community related.

15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Some interesting stuff going on over on reddit. There appears to be a controversy with topics being locked and deleted by mods and the publishers. 

Huh. Odd. Knowing reddit I assume they're not the happiest of campers either (no pun intended). What type of threads have been locked?

Ker Juice likes this

It's propably toxic assholes that got banned shitting all over the place again. You know... like these kids that yell for that chocolate bar and eventually the parents cave in, end up buying the chocolate bar and they grew that little stain into a well developed human being that way... *cough*

And ofc lots of people, that do not even own the game, propably chiming in to give their expert opinion on the matter and defending the "supposed" underdog that is oppressed by the establishment (the devs)...

"I dindu nuffin!" "Is was my cuz, i swear!" "mah lil brother was playin" "u got proof?"

Survival, DEEZ Nutz and Dr B DDS like this

6 minutes ago, pRaX said:

It's propably toxic assholes that got banned shitting all over the place again. You know... like these kids that yell for that chocolate bar and eventually the parents cave in, end up buying the chocolate bar and they grew that little stain into a well developed humand being that way... *cough*

And ofc lots of people, that do not even own the game, propably chiming in to give their opinion on the matter and defending the "supposed" underdog that is oppressed by the establishment (the devs)...

"I dindu nuffin!" "Is was my cuz, i swear!" "mah lil brother was playin" "u got proof?"

Rofl :lol:

Something to do with developers being mods and it being a conflict of interest per Reddit's rules. If you financially benefit from the subject of a reddit page you can't be a mod/admin or something like that. Folks are taking issue with that and some posts possibly being locked and/or deleted by the devs.

There's also something about friends of Gun not being banned while someone else was banned but I don't know anything about it. I've only been skimming but all of this is actually surprising to me because Reddit has been the most even-tempered of all the places to talk about the game.

I'm curious as to how they respond as they pride themselves on "transparency".

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:
Something to do with developers being mods and it being a conflict of interest per Reddit's rules. If you financially benefit from the subject of a reddit page you can't be a mod/admin or something like that. Folks are taking issue with that and some posts possibly being locked and/or deleted by the devs.

There's also something about friends of Gun not being banned while someone else was banned but I don't know anything about it. I've only been skimming but all of this is actually surprising to me because Reddit has been the most even-tempered of all the places to talk about the game.

I'm curious as to how they respond as they pride themselves on "transparency".

Well I fully support the redditers in their time of anarchy.

thatdudescott likes this

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:
I've only been skimming but all of this is actually surprising to me because Reddit has been the most even-tempered of all the places to talk about the game.

lol i hope this is sarcasm reddit is nothing but high grade internet warrior elitists. it makes this forum tame as fuck.    

IamNoc likes this

1 minute ago, shwag said:

lol i hope this is sarcasm reddit is nothing but high grade internet warrior elitists. it makes this forum tame as fuck.    

Facebook and Twitter make reddit look like Disney Land.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

i can activly block people there, but i still never had so many people attack me over an opinion has i had with reddit, reddit it's the cool thing to shit all over someone instead of have a mature debate, more so than i've ever seen on any other platform 

5 minutes ago, shwag said:

Meh, they really were the most even-tempered out of all the places the game was discussed before release. I can't speak to reddit as a whole but the game reddit was mostly fine.

5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

This.

10 minutes ago, Skynyrd said:

It's going to shit guys.

From what I've read, this all stems from a player being banned after a game where all players (or both sides) committed ban-worthy offenses. To make matters worse, one of the players who did not get banned stated in the game lobby they were friends with the devs and would have the banned player banned, and that's what happened. Now everyone is losing their minds.

IamNoc and Luckystrike2778 like this

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

From what I've read, this all stems from a player being banned after a game where all players (or both sides) committed ban-worthy offenses. To make matters worse, one of the players who did not get banned stated in the game lobby they were friends with the devs and would have the banned player banned, and that's what happened. Now everyone is losing their minds.

So they ban people for exploiting shit. But if they're buddies it's all good? Yeah. That's not gonna fly.

Luckystrike2778 likes this

Yeah, not good at all, assuming that it's true. I swear they bring 90% of this stuff upon themselves. 

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

So they ban people for exploiting shit. But if they're buddies it's all good? Yeah. That's not gonna fly.

If they can verify that's what happened then Gun will have some 'splaining to do.

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

If they can verify that's what happened then Gun will have some 'splaining to do.

So it's currently all speculation? Hm. Might head on over there and get some details.

Hey, maybe some good will come out of this and we will get the deserved attention over here on the forum after their beloved Reddit/Twitter/Facebook/Twitch burned them to the ground.

The Reddit is moderated by fans who regularly send care packages to the Gun offices. So that lets you know where they stand on the matter. At this point I want the other horror licenses far far far away from Gun/illfonic. Don't need the same opening scene where a group of friends go to bed,Freddy kills one,and the rest wander around Freddy's Dream boiler room,an abandoned boiler room,.....and a boiler room.

2moar and Luckystrike2778 like this

Just now, pRaX said:

I know, I know... :(

It does suck. I'm used to official forums having the actual devs come in and bullshit with the fans once in a while. I understand they're busy, but they have time to do that shit on Discord and Twitter.

11 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Do we have any proof of this ever happening other than some guy who got banned saying it on the internet?  

Assuming the "everybody was doing it" (which is a common excuse for guilty people) was even true, the more likely scenario was that the one guy actually went through the trouble of screen grab/video/etc. proof & mailing it to Gun, and the other guys never followed through, so the one guy who actually got reported would obviously be the only one banned.

19 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Meh, they really were the most even-tempered out of all the places the game was discussed before release. I can't speak to reddit as a whole but the game reddit was mostly fine.

This.

Well I mean that would explain why some of the bigger youtubers that glitch don't get banned, but your average joe does.

Honestly doesn't surprise me one bit.

To be fair, they have slowed down the Discord usage a lot recently. I drop in over there once or twice a day to make sure they haven't announced anything and it's rare to see them there now.