Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brigadius

Private lobbies have rules established beforehand

72 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, JPops said:

May I ask you to link that tweet? TOS are usually global terms I would find that highly odd. 

There you are. Wouldn't be the first time they've had miscommunication.

Just now, weirdkid5 said:

I think the one I linked is more concise on them not touching Private games.

Yeah I copied wrong link but you got it. So it's all good. 

4 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Yeah I copied wrong link but you got it. So it's all good. 

A constant criticism I have with them is they aren't good at communicating with themselves, their social media handlers, or their mods.

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

A constant criticism I have with them is they aren't good at communicating with themselves, their social media handlers, or their mods.

Well the mods don't exactly work for Gun, so you can't blame the mods if they don't have info.

3 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

I would not say all that now, however not everyone is in the same place so sometimes that happens. I stand corrected however that does indeed apply to public matches and excludes private matches. 

Also thanks guys for linking the tweet!

As I inferred in a similar thread. I just hope they're aware that most serious players (those that will be in this for the long haul) are now playing in private matches...often joining from online communities. If glitchers just move to private matches to glitch with no threat of accountability or punishment (as a forum user here has inferred he will do so) - it could possibly drive a stake through the heart of the honest players, and kill the nucleus of the playing community. Not good for business. 

4 minutes ago, JPops said:

I would not say all that now, however not everyone is in the same place so sometimes that happens. I stand corrected however that does indeed apply to public matches and excludes private matches. 

Well we did have the fiasco about Retro Jason having a unique kill as was said in the Discord, and some of the devs referring to Savini as a skin, when Retro is clearly a skin, and Savini is a character.

It just causes confusion for some people. I'm not blaming the mods or admins like @Bulldawg2010 said, I'm more or less criticizing Gun for not giving out their information more clearly. The TOS is something that, if anything, should have been relayed appropriately with the forums, not on Twitter.

Also, since some people HAVE to use private matches to play, that means glitchers have free reign to do as they wish in LFG games. I think this should be how you assumed it to be, if it is ok with everyone in the lobby then it's fine, otherwise ban em.

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

As I inferred in a similar thread. I just hope they're aware that most serious players (those that will be in this for the long haul) are now playing in private matches...often joining from online communities. If glitchers just move to private matches to glitch with no threat of accountability or punishment (as a forum user here has inferred he will do so) - it could possibly drive a stake through the heart of the honest players, and kill the nucleus of the playing community. Not good for business. 

There needs to be a boot option in game that the host can do.

Right now all I can do is take clips from my stream, send them to gun, then boot them after the game.

I would much rather be able to get the video evidence of them doing glitches/ teaming with Jason and then boot them right after.

4 minutes ago, JPops said:

Also thanks guys for linking the tweet!

Loopholes 

weirdkid5 likes this

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Loopholes 

Exactly. This leaves room for glitchers to keep ruining games. Gun needs to communicate with those outside of their company that are involved with the community better. I'm not blaming anyone for being ill informed except for Gun.

Maybe they should just add a list of options for what's allowed that the host can check on or off like they have for friendly fire. That would be a definitive answer to what's allowed in a lobby. 

Geometrek likes this

42 minutes ago, JPops said:

May I ask you to link that tweet? TOS are usually global terms I would find that highly odd. 

They did actually say on twitter that private matches will not be touched.  Because users were asking about getting big streamers like bryce and another banned.  One of the big streamers and his buddies were playing against a random jason player and even admitted it, yet 4 or five of them used the bear trap glitch.  It was a way of excusing big time streamers as i see it.  

And lynx.....c'mon man.  Have some integrity.  Just cause a friend jumps off a bridge are you gonna do it?   Same thing here.  Just cause it is in the game doesn't mean you have to use it.  

The private matches i play in are all forum or Facebook users and it is understood you play clean.  Never had an issue.  Public matches.....toxic and annoying.  Don't be one of those guys.  

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

They did actually say on twitter that private matches will not be touched.  Because users were asking about getting big streamers like bryce and another banned.  One of the big streamers and his buddies were playing against a random jason player and even admitted it, yet 4 or five of them used the bear trap glitch.  It was a way of excusing big time streamers as i see it.  

And lynx.....c'mon man.  Have some integrity.  Just cause a friend jumps off a bridge are you gonna do it?   Same thing here.  Just cause it is in the game doesn't mean you have to use it.  

The private matches i play in are all forum or Facebook users and it is understood you play clean.  Never had an issue.  Public matches.....toxic and annoying.  Don't be one of those guys.  

Exactly as how I see it.

They will do whatever it takes to not ban the big streamers/ youtubers.

It shouldn't matter if it's a private game or not, especially on consoles with how poor matchmaking is.

Pretty much forced to use private games and then LFG people, and with that there is a chance some ahole will see it, join, then glitch his way out of the map.

Youtubers that upload this crap, showing people how to do it, have no sympathy from me. They are literally the ones that should be banned first and foremost.

Maddogg_8121 and MattyFresh like this

13 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Exactly as how I see it.

They will do whatever it takes to not ban the big streamers/ youtubers.

It shouldn't matter if it's a private game or not, especially on consoles with how poor matchmaking is.

Pretty much forced to use private games and then LFG people, and with that there is a chance some ahole will see it, join, then glitch his way out of the map.

Youtubers that upload this crap, showing people how to do it, have no sympathy from me. They are literally the ones that should be banned first and foremost.

Right.  People like charmin and laphin and their group dont do this stupid stuff.  They are cool with me.  I like those guys.  

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

Yes it kind of does  because gun tweeted they won't touch private games for bans. But seeing how private lobbies are the new public lobbies until server kinks are worked out, it leaves a loophole for these disruptive players. It will still probably result in ban but they could make an issue of it. 

Keep to the topic guys.

Except that private games aren't public games regardless and are left up to the host to police. So while not netting someone a ban for exploiting in private matches you could still use that to report said exploit, but again it's up to the host to kick the person exploiting. Anyone who exploits in a private match will eventually do it in a quick play match once nobody allows them into their groups anymore and will still find themselves banned at some point. The fact is Private matches are hosted by another player. That is the definition. Don't add people that exploit and remove anyone you find that does it. 

Edit: I also understand that quick plays are player hosted at the moment on consoles, but I think it's pretty clear that when you click on quick play you are playing publically and if you click Private then it's a private game. I really don't see the confusion and the need for a dev to come define it when it's already defined in game with seperate modes.

Yes, all of the videos of "Found new exploit. Only posting this in hopes that the devs will see and fix it" drive me crazy and Gun should do a claim as well as ban them. If they were so concerned with only the devs fixing it, the video would be made private and sent to the devs. What they are actually doing is teaching people how to use said exploit.

MattyFresh likes this

4 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Yes it kind of does  because gun tweeted they won't touch private games for bans. But seeing how private lobbies are the new public lobbies until server kinks are worked out, it leaves a loophole for these disruptive players. It will still probably result in ban but they could make an issue of it. 

Keep to the topic guys.

I don't think they can dispute what type of lobby they are in. Video footage of you on the roof with your gamertag showing is all one needs to submit for cheating.  Besides, Gun made that private lobby comment In reference to H20 Delerious and his friends playing in a private match. Now if they glitch with randoms in a private match and get reported for it with video proof, then I believe they are subject to a ban. 

Now do I honestly believe the likes of H20, Laphin, and Ohmwrecker would get banned? Hell no. But someone like me, you, and Joe Smoe pulling a stunt like this in private matches would.

19 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

Words. 

18 hours ago, DEATH said:

Words.

15 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

Words. 

If they make changes like in the topic below and say video or pic must contain lobby rules as proof then the private lobby issue would be covered as to what is banable. If taking a video or pic while still alive one would just need to popup the summary screen for a second where it lists lobby rules to show they are being broken and in spectate rules would already be on screen. 

I think this would settle the issue for good. 

I think private matches should be the wild west of the game. Meaning if you have established the rules between the players and you want to glitch everyone to the roof or role play whatever you want then  all bets are off. Everyone agrees  as to what is acceptable and what isn't. Though I'm fairly certain that if for example they set the rules as to one player helping Jason and everyone is in agreement about it there wouldn't be any reason that someone would file a report about it would there?