Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brigadius

Private lobbies have rules established beforehand

72 posts in this topic

Sorry to make another thread about a similar topic but there seems to be some confusion as to what a private lobby is. With all the lfg threads there are many playing public games in private lobbies because the game is still having issues with finding public games. With this going on people have tons of gamertags added so they can just pop in private matches this in my opinion makes it a public lobby. Unless the host specifies certain things are allowed I would consider it public and jumping in and tking and glitching without notice should be reportable.

@GrandMasterLynx I didn't get a chance to reply to your other post. So I will add it here. 

Im fairly certain what you are doing with your continuous private lobby questions. You are trying to get Gun to say all private matches are fair game because that's how a large majority are playing right now. A private lobby can be a public lobby if you joined by adding tags through an lfg thread. If you just added a bunch of names from lfg and are joining private matches to TK and glitch because they are private lobbies and they don't count I would say you are in the wrong and will get banned.

At that point those are basically public lobbies. A private lobby would be one where rules are established before hand. I have a feeling you want to jump into private lobbies team kill and glitch without telling anyone and afterwards say it's allowed because it's private. If you do this and seven people report you no amount of, "but it was private will get you unbanned."

I will tag the devs and hope they confirm exactly what qualifies as a private lobby. This is my take on it and very unofficial but if you jump into a private lobby and do it and everyone reports you I think you will know what's coming next. 

@Kodiak I know this is a similar topic, but not exactly the same, to the one you just closed but I think it's worth establishiing what a private lobby actually means and would like to see if it gets an official reply because it seems that some are looking for loopholes. . 

@GunMedia_Ben @wes @Randygbk

Just now, GrandMasterLynx said:

Well if they reply and tell us what’s okay and what’s not I will follow the rules but I haven’t seen the new TOS on Xbox yet

TOS falls under effect for all platforms.

Quick play is still broken for many people. To many, including myself, private games are public games. The LFG group is flooded with things like "join mics" "inv" or "looking for group". They want to play the game. Not stare at someone on a roof.

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've heard and seen very nasty things from you @GrandMasterLynx. Gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed.

If you are banned, you have what's coming to you.

Here he is in action. Just to prove I'm not lying.

[OMITTED - Public name and shame is not allowed!]

lHeartBreakerl likes this

If this thread is to remain open, I will remind everyone that it is not an outlet to vent your frustrations on other users.

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

If this thread is to remain open, I will remind everyone that it is not an outlet to vent your frustrations on other users.

Thanks for the latitude. 

I’m okay with all the hate if that what makes you guys feel better than so be it that just shows what kind of people you guys are 

I’m sorry Brigadius about the people that continue to attack me

4 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Here he is in action. Just to prove I'm not lying.

[OMITTED - Public name and shame is not allowed!]

Okay what are you not lying about

Putting that doesn’t prove anything besides you shouldn’t be attacking people you could get banned for it I haven’t attacked anybody it’s not nice to attack people on the forums so plz go get some anger management classes

Hang on! Why remove my screenshot of him glitching because of public shaming when he freely admits he has, and will, continue to play the game like an *****.

3 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I’m okay with all the hate if that what makes you guys feel better than so be it that just shows what kind of people you guys are 

I’m sorry Brigadius about the people that continue to attack me

I'll admit that some people here are a little too much. But the point is that what you're doing is not fun for anyone but yourself.

If you continue to then you're a troll. Simple as that. And in this day and age it's something you really don't wanna be.

1 minute ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Okay what are you not lying about

Putting that doesn’t prove anything besides you shouldn’t be attacking people you could get banned for it I haven’t attacked anybody it’s not nice to attack people on the forums so plz go get some anger management classes

He's not really lying. It does prove you were exploiting the game.

But I'll end it there.

RAGEVIRUS likes this

Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

Hang on! Why remove my screenshot of him glitching because of public shaming when he freely admits he has, and will, continue to play the game like an *****.

You can send it privately to the developers as they are the ones responsible for bans. Posting it on the forums just incites hate though, and we want to keep that kind of stuff to a minimum :)

As I said gents, if you wish to discuss the specifics of private lobbies and the new terms of use, then please do. There will be no attacking other users though, so keep the topic on point.

1 minute ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

People exploit stuff in every single game ever if GunMedia would just clarify what a Private Match is than that would answer the trolls questions 

Again, for many people private matches are public matches.

And did you just admit you're a troll?

DialM likes this

The point of this topic is to find out exactly what constitutes a private lobby because many play private lobbies and let anyone join because of server issues. 

We should stick to that and not attack each other and just try and get an official response from Gun. The best way to do that is to keep the thread open. 

Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

Thank you. Im sure anyone can find the videos I recorded of him on xbox one if you find me on there. xzRaGe ViRuSzx

Dude he just asked you not to attack people all he wants is to determine what counts as a Private Match so how about you stop attacking me

2 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

People exploit stuff in every single game ever if GunMedia would just clarify what a Private Match is than that would answer the trolls questions 

Right minded gamers wouldn't even have to ask this question. No one would get into a glitch. Infact everytime i see some1 going up the house in Packanack, which happened only once for me on PC since release, i threatend with killing that person with a shotgun. I must say the only glitch im seeing right now being abused is higgins haven. But standing still for 20 minutes is one thing. Taunting the Jason player while glitching (which most people do) is a thing that brings me to the point of boiling and actually messaging the person that im gonna report them. I just dont understand what u are looking for in a game if you just glitch with every chance you get.

Just to keep this on point. 

I think if you join a private lobby and TK and glitch without warning you will be reported and banned. 

Any TK and glitching would have to be made known to everyone before hand. 

3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I think if you join a private lobby and TK and glitch without warning you will be reported and banned. 

Absolutely. 

I am willing to bet that if a private community reports cheaters, they will be banned like the rest. 

I couldn't imagine it any other way. 

But if we're wrong here. Looks like public matches will become the new safe zone. 

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Just to make sure Lynx understands this. This doesnt mean you write :"Im glitching this game btw" It means you ask the people if they are okay with glitching, and then i'd make a screen of that IF someone would report said person.

4 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Absolutely. 

I am willing to bet that if a private community reports cheaters, they will be banned like the rest. 

I couldn't imagine it any other way. 

But if we're wrong here. Looks like public matches will become the new safe zone. 

Which would be a shame. I find myself being put in a lobby by myself a lot In quick play. Works very rarely for me. For me to even play the game I need to find private matches from the LFG.

XB1 btw.

I would imagine that if the leader of a private lobby says no glitching and you do indeed glitch, you'll get banned.

Or you should. I know for a fact that in my private lobbies I've gotten 1 person banned, just bc they sent me hate mail after I told them I reported them. 12 hours later I'm getting messages threatening that they are gonna sue me lmao.

5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Yea a lot of people that play this game aren’t even on the forums so how will they know what is or isn’t allowed on public or private matches 

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Which would be a shame. I find myself being put in a lobby by myself a lot In quick play. Works very rarely for me. For me to even play the game I need to find private matches from the LFG.

XB1 btw.

You do know that you can post on LFG and still be in a public match right?