Ol'UnReliable

Players helping Jason

33 posts in this topic

Players in a group shouldn't be able to become Jason because Jason ends up teleporting directly to me while "chasing" someone else there is no way possible Deborah can outrun Jason from halfway through the map nonstop while jogging and then Jason walks right past her to grab me and when I look I see they are friends with each other 

FreddyKruegerfan66 likes this

On 23/06/2017 at 8:46 PM, Ol'UnReliable said:

Players in a group shouldn't be able to become Jason because Jason ends up teleporting directly to me while "chasing" someone else there is no way possible Deborah can outrun Jason from halfway through the map nonstop while jogging and then Jason walks right past her to grab me and when I look I see they are friends with each other 

Yeah, but a Jason player can behave this way regardless of being with a group or not. So...your complaint literally means nothing.

The reason counselors do this is to survive longer to get more exp. You can't really get around friends just being stupid together, but you can get around players resorting to cheating for amusement. The counselors just aren't fun to play.

One solution is, make the counselors fun to play. People get bored and do stupid stuff.

Second solution, nerf Jason. Players hate getting caught by Jason in the first few seconds of the match. Some Jasons are actually willing to bargain with their food. Well if you nerf Jason, less players will die right off the bat so you wind up with a lot less players resorting to cheating out of frustration.

On a side note, the developer can bar Jason from hearing counselors which means randoms wouldn't be able to bargain.

Or, the best solution by far that I have heard, change the game so that players do not show up on the map to other players. This would means cheaters wouldn't know where to lead Jason.

But I'll be honest, I like seeing my teammates on the map. I am not an obnoxious troll, so me being capable of seeing my teammates is actually beneficial to my teammates. Usually if Jason is chasing someone, I run to Jason and click-clack hit a (or so tyler the creator says) in his back.

Just add a report system so you can report the griefers.

Replays should be saveable and sent in to support in the event of griefers. Moderators can then watch the replays and voila, done. 

first offense 24 hour ban

second offense 3 day ban

third offense 7 day ban

fourth offense 30 day ban

fifth offense  - 90 day ban

sixth offense - permanent 

DO NOT NERF JASON! This is one of the worst ideas I see come up. He is supposed to be OP to begin with, but when you add up all seven councilors + Tommy that actually leaves him with a minuscule 2.5 minutes per kill to win. Nerfing Jason would completely ruin the balance of the game.

As for the griefers and Jasons' buddies, a vote to kick system would work perfectly. Used to use this in socom back in the day and it always took care of the cheaters. They can only be voted out in the lobby between games, but once voted they cannot return to that room. With this you can get rid of all the troublemakers and even some of the annoying kids running their mouth on the mic. 

12 minutes ago, cslyles76 said:

As for the griefers and Jasons' buddies, a vote to kick system would work perfectly. Used to use this in socom back in the day and it always took care of the cheaters. They can only be voted out in the lobby between games, but once voted they cannot return to that room. With this you can get rid of all the troublemakers and even some of the annoying kids running their mouth on the mic. 

This is a terrible idea the same group can vote people out for no reason and if i lose because of a cheater i'm not gonna feel like staying in that lobby or even playing the game anymore maybe even for a few days 

27 minutes ago, cslyles76 said:

No.

9 hours ago, Ol'UnReliable said:

This is a terrible idea the same group can vote people out for no reason and if i lose because of a cheater i'm not gonna feel like staying in that lobby or even playing the game anymore maybe even for a few days 

Yes, every great once in a while you would get voted out by a room full of jerks ( it takes a certain % of votes to kick) but it didn't happen often, and why would you want to stay in a lobby with those guys anyways? 

I do understand your feeling, I get very angry when this happens to me and put the game away for a while myself, but I don't really see any better ideas posted on this board that would solve all the problems this game has with cheaters.

Either way, I wouldn't call the idea "terrible". Maybe you disagree and thats fine, but this method works fine in a LOT of other games and worked flawlessly in socom. I never had to worry when I picked that game up like I do with F13 because I knew if we ran into anyone screwing around they would be gone. This includes things the devs can't deal with like people who help Jason. There is really no way they can stop that, but players with the ability to vote could.

DarkRicochet117 likes this

These kind of players are the worse kind of players. At least with a team killer you can defend yourself. Some muppet giving away your position on the map and opening doors for Jason is a death sentence. 

10 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

They should do it where if you spend to much time hanging around to close to Jason you die of fright lol

too easily exploited, plenty of people sit by jason and kite him around.

Also they jsut need to add a report system and allow replays to be saved/submitted.

Mods watch the replay, see the idiots helping jason, and they get the banhammer. 

I think if your friends are in the lobby you or your friends can be Jason so no leading jason to you

54 minutes ago, Motoko said:

Also they jsut need to add a report system and allow replays to be saved/submitted.

Mods watch the replay, see the idiots helping jason, and they get the banhammer. 

The problem with this is you have to prove intent. If players are running around you drawing attention to you, there is no way to prove if they are helping Jason or just bad players so how could they ban them? Same thing with players telling Jason your location on the map, thats not going to show up on video. Video proof is easily avoided if your not a complete moron, and these guys would just continue to skirt around the system ruining other peoples games.

Just now, cslyles76 said:

The problem with this is you have to prove intent. If players are running around you drawing attention to you, there is no way to prove if they are helping Jason or just bad players so how could they ban them? Same thing with players telling Jason your location on the map, thats not going to show up on video. Video proof is easily avoided if your not a complete moron, and these guys would just continue to skirt around the system ruining other peoples games.

Ive seen plenty of instances where it was VERY obvious lol, if jason is standing right by a counselor and not killing them yet killing others, well... kinda obvious. 

Just now, Motoko said:

Ive seen plenty of instances where it was VERY obvious lol, if jason is standing right by a counselor and not killing them yet killing others, well... kinda obvious. 

Oh, I totally agree. It's happened to me on many, many occasions. What I'm saying is once they start a system of banning these fools they will adapt. I mean, if I really wanted to I could give away everyones locations with it being vague enough that there would be no way to prove it was intentional, and this is what would start to become the norm. People running by you or messaging their friends giving away your location. These A-holes won't just give up and go away, they will adapt and keep ruining the game for those of us that play it straight.

there is no easy fix for this but some groups do play honest and only do this teaming up thing against cheaters. It's called social justice 

SupaKilla likes this

Team Killing is a far worse problem, Jason helpers are unavoidable, thankfully it doesn't happen aggressively often.  Check out the letter I just posted, I think I provided some reasonings and solutions.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, Motoko said:

They could use talking apps to talk to each other the best way is to make it so groups all be counselors and let other players know who is in groups

If I report a 2-3 players that were premades with Jason and were trying to kill everyone else,using screenshots will they accept it?I dont have recording software so I only have steam screenshots.Does it even worth sending the pictures to the devs?

On 24/06/2017 at 2:42 AM, Motoko said:

Just add a report system so you can report the griefers.

Replays should be saveable and sent in to support in the event of griefers. Moderators can then watch the replays and voila, done. 

first offense 24 hour ban

second offense 3 day ban

third offense 7 day ban

fourth offense 30 day ban

fifth offense  - 90 day ban

sixth offense - permanent 

seventh offense - thrown from a cliff onto jagged rocks below 

17 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

LOL

Nearly every game I enter has friends working together, helping out Jason. It's usually the 12 year olds and they don't even hide it, they use game chat to openly agree on how to best cheat. 

My favorite is when I'm Jason and a random person pleads that they would help me find the others... I look at them and then kill them. Nothing gives me more pleasure in killing cheaters.

giphy.gif

On 05.07.2017 at 3:59 PM, Splatterhouse said:

eighth offence - picked up from the rocks below then incinerated alive, ashes to be put into a fireproof capsule which is sent on a rocket straight to the sun.