Kodiak

Tips for those of you who are having trouble!

219 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

Is there a way cancel a knife throw attempt once you you bring up the targeting system for it.  I hate wasting knives if I can't line up the shot that I want.

Yeah... Its the crouch button/key

On 29/06/2017 at 3:42 PM, bobmussini said:

Yeah... Its the crouch button/key

Great to know.  Thanks.

Next question.  How do you use a first aid spray on a fellow counselor?  I play on PS4. Thanks.

@Kodiak
A suggestion next time you edit the main post of this thread:

What do you think to add the topic "defeating Jason"?

do you think this (below) is a spoiler yet?
... so... how to remove his mask, what is the mask for ... enter Jason´s hut without alerting him), how the Sweater works ... female counselor to distract Jason for the fatal blow with Tommy ... with machete or axe...

I'd say it's still a spoiler, I wanted to leave it out in-case anyone wanted to discover it for themselves :) anyone who wants to find out how to kill him without having to discover it can easily Google it if they want to.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I'd say it's still a spoiler, I wanted to leave it out in-case anyone wanted to discover it for themselves :) anyone who wants to find out how to kill him without having to discover it can easily Google it if they want to.

I think it pretty well known now thanks to Youtube, Twitch and Google. :o

I could use some more counselor specific advice on team roles and perk loadouts. For example, what the hell is Jenny supposed to be doing and what's a smart way to build a loadout for her? 

On 30/06/2017 at 8:36 AM, Kodiak said:

Lol f13 game support are telling people to come here for answers and you're telling them to go to Google.  ? 

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, Vaderspupil said:

Next question.  How do you use a first aid spray on a fellow counselor?  I play on PS4. Thanks.

I'd like an answer to this as well. I'm a PC user but a PS4 controller is what I use. Of all the things I've learned to do, I still don't know how to spray another counselor.

6 hours ago, Seeker said:

Lol f13 game support are telling people to come here for answers and you're telling them to go to Google.  ? 

Like I said, some people don't want spoilers. It's not difficult to pop on to Google to find out. In fact, you could even just click here.

8 hours ago, Seeker said:

Dont worry there is an advanced tips and tricks thread going up that will contain these kind of things.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, Emperiex said:

I'd like an answer to this as well. I'm a PC user but a PS4 controller is what I use. Of all the things I've learned to do, I still don't know how to spray another counselor.

It's the same way that you use it on yourself, square. However! IF your character has suffered any damage whatsoever you'll heal yourself, instead. You need to be at full health when trying to heal a fellow teammate, if your not at full health or not sure if you are, it's best to just drop the spray for them.   

1 person likes this

Okay, thanks for that. Will keep in mind.

On 22/06/2017 at 11:27 AM, Coach81 said:

Thanks so much for this!

So I can deactivate shift by hitting the same button that activated it?

How do I collect the Pamela tapes?

You can find Pamela Tapes the same way you find pocket knifes or crackers. Just PT are very rare. During of my uptime of only playing the game (nearly 15 days) i found one tape.

About traps trick becarefull Jason cause lot of people getting know that trick. It is really easy to glitch that traps specially the ones on cars. 

When you start playing as Jason first of all teleport to the fuse box and trap it. 2/3 traps at least. Then you can try with cars. I never trap the boat or if it happen it is very rare. Good tip for Jasons is to just look at the map every some time. I look like every 20/30 secs. If i see boat started i just jump into stealth mode and teleport to the water. It's a good strategy guys, trust me. Lot of people were shocked cause they could not hear me LOL, all i can say #idgaf in that case. After setting up the traps it is also good to destroy whole electricity. Make some mess in game :). If lets say first house you see as Jason is tommy then just run and destroy electricity, making some good mess about calling him. Plus good hearing. It is not a secret that still lot of ppl snitch by a mistake. They say what they got or not so you just listen and do your job.

Good fun tip for councs is to do some bullsh*t to Jason. For example got car done and just need to start you can say for example ''okay boys just call the cops Jason is on me'' and trust me most of them will teleport haha... Maybe like 5/6 Jasons out of 10 they do that sh*t and just gone haha... and make sure before that noone is really doing the fuse box etc to not snitch by mistake lol

On 6/25/2017 at 9:51 PM, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

Can someone tell me what the white boxy icon is that flashes occasionally on the top left of the screen?  I heard it was the phone, but I have seen it flash just before gameplay has even happened?

It actually means that the game has lost its network connection to the server, and your connection is close to timing out.  If the connection recovers, the box will go away.  On the PS4 it is a picture of an RJ45 jack, with the connector pulled out.  I haven't timed it, but it appears to show approximately 10-15 seconds before you are truly disconnected.

@Kodiak @JPops I think you need to post an update in this thread regarding exploiting around Jason's traps, seeing as people are citing this thread as reason to keep doing it.

Excellent.

"Pocket knife - The pocket knife can be used to stab Jason with when he gets hold of you, essentially preventing a free grab kill."  <--- You could point out the disable trap usage here too.

On May 30, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Kodiak said:

No problem :) I just hope other people read it and it doesn't get lost amongst all these threads.

Hi Kodiak, first let me say I really appreciate the effort you've put into making this guide.  It really shows. With that being said I do feel the need to point out a few things that came to my attention that I think should be added or revised:

I don't see anyone ever saying this but this is very important; the first thing that should be done for every match should be to mute Jason right away. I cannot tell you how many plans I've prevented due to someone unknowingly telling me that someone else had disabled the trap and was going to attempt to fix the phone, or they had all the parts and just needed the keys. Also, hiding is much harder to do when Jason can see your speaker icon appear on the screen. No matter how quiet you are, all it takes is a movement of your headset for the game to detect noise and that icon will pop up. At that point he wouldn't need sense to know someone is in the area.

Under counselor tips, I think it would be very useful to mention the benefits of being in a small group due to the fact that you can protect each other if grabbed. You can also mention the counselors that are ok to have in close proximity such as AJ, Deborah and Eric or Buggsy and Vanessa.  This next tip may be a more advanced one so perhaps it has no place in your guide but I felt like it was worth mentioning: a good tip for counselors is to drop whatever objective item they're carrying in the cabin before the person playing Jason can see them. The counselor can then come back to the cabin later to retrieve it. Most Jasons are more determined to kill a counselor with an objective item and if for any reason they can't catch the person, they're more likely to camp the objective in anticipation of the person.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm correct in saying the following:

Strength doesn't have anything  to do with a persons ability to stun Jason so recommending that women like Deborah or Tiffany not fight Jason because they don't have much strength is wrong. Strength only matters if you're trying to remove Jasons mask in an attempt to kill him. In other words, Deborah is just as capable of fighting Jason as Buggsy assuming your goal is to stun him, not remove his mask and kill him.

Luck doesn't have anything to do with a counselors ability to stun Jason. Each weapon has its own stats independent of the wielder of the weapon. 

I'm looking for some pointers, so hopefully you guys have some advice for me. I just got out of a game as Jason where the last survivor (Tommy as my luck would have it) kept running around the furniture in a living room setting. I was out of knives at this point, so I tried to shift to him, I tried running him down (or rather speed walking, I was one of those Jason's that can't run). but nothing worked until he got cocky and tried to hit me a couple of times and I could finally snatch him up slam his head between a door and a doorpost.

Is there anything I can do in this situation to catch counselors giving me the run around? I'm at a loss honestly

I'm on PS4.. quick question. If I'm playing as Jason and completed 2 enviornmental kills before the host ended the game do those kills stay or do I have to redo them to get the phd trophy?

I've updated the guide to include some new information and a few corrections :)

1 person likes this

On 9/9/2017 at 5:49 PM, Marshall said:

I'm looking for some pointers, so hopefully you guys have some advice for me. I just got out of a game as Jason where the last survivor (Tommy as my luck would have it) kept running around the furniture in a living room setting. I was out of knives at this point, so I tried to shift to him, I tried running him down (or rather speed walking, I was one of those Jason's that can't run). but nothing worked until he got cocky and tried to hit me a couple of times and I could finally snatch him up slam his head between a door and a doorpost.

Is there anything I can do in this situation to catch counselors giving me the run around? I'm at a loss honestly

There are a few things you can do here. If early in the game, and other counselors are around, go somewhere else for a bit and try to catch this person hopping between cabins later. Use stalk and shift or morph to get near so they don't hear you.

Since it was the last counselor, I am guessing you had Rage mode activated. At that point, your abilities regenerate quicker. Use shift, this will make them run around quicker one way or another. Once or twice around the table and you should notice their pattern, meaning are they looking to hop out the window, stay around the table, or running through the smashed door. Use stalk, so they don't notice your arrow indicators as to what direction when you shift.

The main thing to do here, is trick them and work outside of a pattern, find a way to close the gap between you two. Even if it's hit the shift ability, stand still, or stand in front of the exit, and wait for them to try to run in that direction instead of trying to chase.

You can wear their stamina down just by making them jog around the table, though it will take a while, especially if they have the marathon perk. However you being patient can sometimes give you more control. After all, with low stamina they are forced to either swing, or try to flee. At that point you can morph outside the window, stalk shift grab.

Best way to catch window hoppers is breaking all door, walls, windows. Enter, and exit, stalk, sense, shift. They will mess up as their stamina  gets low.

These tips may not work for you, maybe other people have some that are better. This may actually be a good subject for @Alkavian to tackle as well.

Another thing that works in that scenario is if you leave the area, toggle stalk on, then shift inside a minute later. Gives them no indication you're coming :)

1 person likes this

Most people that run around tables and cars are usually Vanessas and Tiffanys because of their high stamina. If they do this early or mid game to you don't fall for their game. Their only goal is to buy time for others to escape. Check your objectives, kill other counselors and you can come back to kill them later.

If it's late game and they are like the last person, you can just continue to play merry go round with them. They'll run out of stamina eventually and have to think of something else.

Window hoppers are more tricky especially if its the back window. Enter the cabin and see if they climb out. If they did shift outside and grab them by the window. If they don't climb or budge then throw a knife at them. They'll most likely climb out and you can grab them outside with a shift grab.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll try these tactics next time. Much appreciated!

@KodiakI'm playing on Xbox One, and I'm having some serious trouble with the combat stance in general and dodging specifically. 

I tried smacking Jason with a baseball bat while in combat stance, he was running towards me and circling to my right but my counselor took a wild swing completely to the far left side of me (basically turning 90 degrees to the left as he swung). So, does the combat stance only lock on someone if it's activated while next to them, or does it lock on whoever comes near after it's been activated? 

Also, whenever I try to dodge, nothing happens... at all. I hold down (not press) LT and tap a direction twice (except forward)... and my counselor just takes a normal step. I've tried it while being locked on Jason and other counselors and the results are always the same. Is dodging context specific? Does it only work if Jason is actively attacking you? What am I missing here? :wacko: