Kodiak

Tips for those of you who are having trouble!

189 posts in this topic

I just have a few questions for the brilliant @Kodiak:

1. Because I haven't had the chance to try it, what happens if you have multiple small items (can of spray, firecrackers, etc.) and you have to choose between them to use them. What buttons do you press?

2. How does Jason set his traps? I couldn't figure out what buttons to press.

3. On the Counselor Controls pic I put up, what is the Y key "Use Ability" mean? can you give me an example?

Thanks again Kodiak. This thread is the best on the forum! 

Administrators -- PLEASE STICKY THIS!!!!

Kodiak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

I just have a few questions for the brilliant @Kodiak:

1. Because I haven't had the chance to try it, what happens if you have multiple small items (can of spray, firecrackers, etc.) and you have to choose between them to use them. What buttons do you press?

2. How does Jason set his traps? I couldn't figure out what buttons to press.

3. On the Counselor Controls pic I put up, what is the Y key "Use Ability" mean? can you give me an example?

Thanks again Kodiak. This thread is the best on the forum! 

Administrators -- PLEASE STICKY THIS!!!!

1. its what ever u have selected on controller u use left and right arrow to switch between what u want to use.

2. its in the pic u posted pointing to down arrow.

3. im not too sure about that myself i dont recall counselors having any abilities

Zombie79 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Davidt said:

1. its what ever u have selected on controller u use left and right arrow to switch between what u want to use.

2. its in the pic u posted pointing to down arrow.

3. im not too sure about that myself i dont recall counselors having any abilities

Thanks!! I can't believe I missed that trap setting lol.

Davidt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This actually really helped out. I didn't know each weapon actually dealt different types of damage. Stun ftw tbh

Kodiak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your posts and likes :) @Zombie79 cheers for posting the controls, could indeed be useful to some folks

Edited: It got pinned! :)

Zombie79 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Thanks everyone for your posts and likes :) @Zombie79 cheers for posting the controls, could indeed be useful to some folks

Unfortunately though this topic still hasn't been pinned and is likely to get lost forever amongst all these threads :(

 Well, I sent a request to Ben to see if he would sticky this thread. It is a great asset. I hope my pictures will be useful for you should you update your tutorial. 😀

Matanza likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Davidt said:

1. its what ever u have selected on controller u use left and right arrow to switch between what u want to use.

2. its in the pic u posted pointing to down arrow.

3. im not too sure about that myself i dont recall counselors having any abilities

2. Note that there are floor that Jason cannot set traps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobmussini said:

2. Note that there are floor that Jason cannot set traps...

Yes but the question was for how to set them I probably should of also mention only works outside 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davidt said:

Yes but the question was for how to set them I probably should of also mention only works outside 

Yes, sorry if I mistake... I think somebody has answered your question before me.. So... just press D-pad down (controller) or R (PC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way for Jason to disarm the counselors bear traps?  I'm thinking throwing knives at them, perhaps?  I keep forgetting to test this when I'm in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

Is there a way for Jason to disarm the counselors bear traps?  I'm thinking throwing knives at them, perhaps?  I keep forgetting to test this when I'm in game.

Not for Jason. Counselors can disarm his but not vice versa :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

Is there a way for Jason to disarm the counselors bear traps?  I'm thinking throwing knives at them, perhaps?  I keep forgetting to test this when I'm in game.

Only can step in them or avoid them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2017 at 9:49 AM, Kodiak said:

No problem :) I just hope other people read it and it doesn't get lost amongst all these threads.

Sadly Jenny's composure not working as intended 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30-5-2017 at 2:59 PM, Kodiak said:

- snip -


Small appendum : 1 map has 3 spawn locations for the 4 seater / boat.

Savini Jason is the only really unbalanced one, so most players use him as 'the best pick'. I've accepted the fact that I'm the only one not liking the skin át all. Don't think anything will ever change about it, since the silly burning Jason seems to be the only reason most people paid moneys. (ie. backed the game)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that is extremely annoying is when you play as Jason and one of the counselors finds a table or car and runs around it circles and you can't catch them. 

 

Also is it a glitch if jason morphs into a cabin with the doors closed? I tried and it didn't work or I didn't try hard enough maybe? But it happened to me several times as a counselor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2fast4u said:

One thing that is extremely annoying is when you play as Jason and one of the counselors finds a table or car and runs around it circles and you can't catch them. 

 

Also is it a glitch if jason morphs into a cabin with the doors closed? I tried and it didn't work or I didn't try hard enough maybe? But it happened to me several times as a counselor.

I have to admit that I've done this but it's a BIG gamble on luck and how good that player is with shift and warp. My counselor can also run out of stamina then I'm outta luck.

Jason has also put down traps around cars during ring around the rosie. And my friends and I founds out for small tables and couches if you're not careful Jason CAN grab you or even hit you with a spear. 

One awesome Jason tricked me and acted like he teleported away but he actually shifted, slid towards a corner, and as I bolt he shifted right at me and grabbed my counselor. :)

I definitely understand that as Jason this tactic of using the environment can be annoying but there are tricks to get around some of these situations, like a few I mentioned. 

2fast4u likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dreamerchaos said:

I have to admit that I've done this but it's a BIG gamble on luck and how good that player is with shift and warp. My counselor can also run out of stamina then I'm outta luck.

Jason has also put down traps around cars during ring around the rosie. And my friends and I founds out for small tables and couches if you're not careful Jason CAN grab you or even hit you with a spear. 

One awesome Jason tricked me and acted like he teleported away but he actually shifted, slid towards a corner, and as I bolt he shifted right at me and grabbed my counselor. :)

I definitely understand that as Jason this tactic of using the environment can be annoying but there are tricks to get around some of these situations, like a few I mentioned. 

Yea the kid must of been using an exploit then cause he didnt slow down around the table. I think he had the unlimited stamina exploit. Little bastard was taunting me too on the mic. I was tempted to turn my mic on and give him a verbal beat down but would be made him cry

What about morphing into cabins with closed doors? Is that an exploit or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

Yea the kid must of been using an exploit then cause he didnt slow down around the table. I think he had the unlimited stamina exploit. Little bastard was taunting me too on the mic. I was tempted to turn my mic on and give him a verbal beat down but would be made him cry

What about morphing into cabins with closed doors? Is that an exploit or no?

I personally haven't seen that: I've seen others and as Jason I've morphed into a cabin with an open door, or at the right moment before door closing animation.

 

That's a good question if it's an exploit: as far as I understood, that shouldn't be something that could happen.

:( Sorry the little jerk was also harassing you. One of the negatives of the game is players being assholes or critiquing your every action,  "Man, you're a terrible Jadon!", etc. I'm thankful that I've found an awesome ps4 group so for the most part I can avoid that drama.

2fast4u likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

One thing that is extremely annoying is when you play as Jason and one of the counselors finds a table or car and runs around it circles and you can't catch them.

The answer to this are throwing knives and shift-grab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Not for Jason. Counselors can disarm his but not vice versa :)

 

19 hours ago, Davidt said:

Only can step in them or avoid them

Ok, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now