Kodiak

Tips for those of you who are having trouble!

219 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

So when you are playing Jason, and you use your sense, and see no one--the only option you have to make cousnelors light up is to start knocking over power boxes, right?

It helps but also moving and teleporting around helps cause you'll startle counelors and the character (or player lol) will scream.

Also if folks have mics look for mic icon when you're in the area. Sometimes even when they're quiet you'll know they're in general area. :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, rickyount02 said:

What about the whoosh sound that's kind of reminiscent of the NES game? Is that the cue that Jason is in stalk? Or does it mean he's morphed out of the area

Anyone?

1 minute ago, rickyount02 said:

Anyone?

I THINK it means he's shifted around you. Could mean he's moving towards or away.

Good time either way to crouch, hide, and pray. Lol

I don't think so. When he shifts you get that grainy VHS effect. 

Im referring to when the music is almost at its peak then a big whoooosh sound and silence. I've been interpreting it as him morphing out of the area. I'm not sure if it means he's gone into stalk mode though. 

Honestly, the music and the whoosh seems to be unrelated to Jason, as it's often different from the "Jason is Close By" music. I think it just... gets intense sometimes. Because I've been in a cbain where the Jason mchase music is going and then--it stops, because he's clearly morphed away.

3 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

Im referring to when the music is almost at its peak then a big whoooosh sound and silence. I've been interpreting it as him morphing out of the area. I'm not sure if it means he's gone into stalk mode though. 

That big whoosh after the music doesn't really have any significance :) The music just gets intense sometimes and then it's normal again.

15 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

I suspect it means he's morphed away. I've come out of hiding several times after hearing it and never been caught.

...now I'm kinda worried he's in Stalk mode...

could you give a tutorial on how to get into a fucking game on PS4 without having to make it a private match, since I am sitting here with it trying to find one for well over 25 min now

2 minutes ago, BostonMatt82 said:

could you give a tutorial on how to get into a fucking game on PS4 without having to make it a private match, since I am sitting here with it trying to find one for well over 25 min now

Join many of the Friday the 13th communities on PS4, it will show all the games currently being played by members, how many are in the game and all you do is press join session. I use this a lot for games, I use quick play every now and then with mixed results, anywhere from 10 mins to 30 mins lately.

Kodiak,

Add my name to the list of those who applaud you for your user guide.  It deserve a sticky, no doubt.  Excellently done!

2 people like this

@KodiakHe has a HP weakness, but HP is not a measure of how much damage he can take before he dies. HP is the amount of punishment he takes before he falls flat on the ground and takes a while to get up.

Okay, can someone break down all the aspects of Stunning/Damaging Jason, and how Stun Resistance, Low Defenses and Low HP interact?

I mean, the Jason 9 has Stun resistance, so why is it he gets knocked down and can't get back up again easier? SHouldn't he be harder to stun to begin with?

Can I get a reply on this?

There are a few good uses to having a map as a counselor:

1. You can see exactly where the other counselors are.

2. When the police arrive, you can see at which exit they are.

3. You'll be able to see the boat or cars move when someone is driving them.

On 5/30/2017 at 7:49 AM, Kodiak said:

No problem :) I just hope other people read it and it doesn't get lost amongst all these threads.

Amazing - Thank you!!!!! This should be mandatory reading. Soooo helpful, especially for terrible players like me!! :)

Awesome work dude, this is a really nice, comprehensive list and guide for newer players or anyone wanting to up their game.

Cheers for taking the time!

On 6/3/2017 at 6:15 PM, HodderFodder said:

Can I get a reply on this?

There's stun chance and melee damage. Inflicting melee damage has a chance to stun, which is influenced by Jason's strengths or weaknesses, which counsellor attacks him, which perks they have on and which weapon they use. Incremental melee damage will build as you hit him, and when his HP is 0, he falls down and takes a while to get up.

Example: Hit him with a bat and say 70% chance of stun (not exact % but a fair guess), but low HP damage. Hit him with an axe and say 30% chance of stun, but high HP damage. A few good axe hits will knock him down for longer than a stun will when his HP hits 0, and have a chance of taking his mask off.

Thanks.

Looking at the various things in the "Customize" screen: Stun resistance is chance and duration of stun. Defense relates to block chance and lower HP, and Low HP just means low HP.

So it breaks down to: Jason 3 is easiest to stun, Jason 2 and 6 are easier to knock over, Jason 9 is easiest to knock down (but less likely to stun).

Also, this link is quite relevant; it has the likely spawn locations for objectives, Jason's shack, etc.

11 hours ago, HodderFodder said:

Looking at the various things in the "Customize" screen: Stun resistance is chance and duration of stun. Defense relates to block chance and lower HP, and Low HP just means low HP.

So it breaks down to: Jason 3 is easiest to stun, Jason 2 and 6 are easier to knock over, Jason 9 is easiest to knock down (but less likely to stun).

Pretty much sums it up, yes :) I've also discovered counsellors can perform a heavy attack in combat stance by holding the attack button. I'll add it to the guide, it's quite strong.

That Stun chance is why counselors like Jenny or Chad, who otherwise aren't much good at fighting, can still find it worthwhile to try a quick smack on Jason to hopefully stun him before they try to escape.

The ol' Stun & Run :P

1 person likes this

Jason is not OP. An Example: One match, I played as Jason Chapter 2 against a really good player, and I cant suceed to caught him.... because he knows how to deal with my shift and explore Vanessa's speed. I lost that match because I focused on him .... And I killed only 1 counselor.

So.... If you explore your advantages, you can survive. Jason don't need to be nerfed.

1 person likes this

Great guide.  Its been a journey learning much of what you wrote here through trial and error over the past week.  However imo I believe there are two points that should be added/emphasized, particularly for being Jason.   First, the first 3-4 minutes as Jason are probably the most important in a way, how you set up, pressure and prepare the map at first will hugely dictate the rest of the game.  Second, although you did mention it, I don't think taking out the power boxes was talked about enough.  Imo it's the easiest way to get fear going, there are only 3 in a map so you can get the whole map dark in 3 morphs, I usually do this before trapping the objectives.  If you don't do these two things you could end up in a situation where you can't find a high composure counselor for the life of you.  Lastly, don't commit too hard to a chase early, it's hard to chase counselors early when you're abilities are weak, if you spend too much time chasing one counselor early you're giving the others time to get set up and fix things and then you're just chasing your mistakes for the rest of the game. 

I start every game by morphing to each of the power boxes as soon as it's off cool down and busting them, then morphing to the phone and cars and trapping them/busting up any parties near them.  Only then do I start chasing counselors in earnest, before that I might throw a throwing knife at one or chase them a bit to get their fear up while my morph is coming off cooldown.  If a kill presents itself, of course take it, just don't commit too hard to chasing a Vanessa for instance when your shift is on a long cooldown, it's counterproductive in the long run. 

Sorry didn't mean for this to become a novel lol.  Hopefully it's a helpful addition of information. 

1 person likes this

I would use a headset....but there are so many dicks out there. Id just rather not. 

I think the key is practise (if you can ever get on to play lol).

My Jason game play has improved somewhat but what I dislike is how long it takes to pull off a move while grabbing them. I also don't like how you just can't select any move you want. 

Okay quick question and maybe you said something in your OP and I just missed it. But what can you do about players that hide in cabins?

last night I was playing as Jason and this guy was hiding in a cabin, not in a hiding spot, just crouched, not moving, and behind a wall.

How can I get that guy to ping up for me if he's not moving?

2 hours ago, horrorfangirl said:

I would use a headset....but there are so many dicks out there. Id just rather not. 

I think the key is practise (if you can ever get on to play lol).

My Jason game play has improved somewhat but what I dislike is how long it takes to pull off a move while grabbing them. I also don't like how you just can't select any move you want. 

Well the reasoning for that is room. You need room to perform certain kills. If options are not illuminated for you try moving away from walls and objects that may be preventing those options being available to you. 

@Bulldawg2010 that is where stealth and composure come into play. Cabins light up as a result of fear. If you are having trouble locating someone start cutting the power as it helps drive up fear. Also near the games ending your sense has a much larger range in which you can use to your advantage. 

6 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well the reasoning for that is room. You need room to perform certain kills. If options are not illuminated for you try moving away from walls and objects that may be preventing those options being available to you. 

@Bulldawg2010 that is where stealth and composure come into play. Cabins light up as a result of fear. If you are having trouble locating someone start cutting the power as it helps drive up fear. Also near the games ending your sense has a much larger range in which you can use to your advantage. 

Ohhh okay. So if someone is hiding in a cabin I should knock the power out and use sense.

thanks for the info, I knew that knocking the power out generated fear, but I swear I couldn't find this guy to save my life lol

in case you want to add them to your instructions... control screen shots:
COUNSELOR CONTROLS @Kodiak

IMG_1207.JPG