Kodiak

Tips for those of you who are having trouble!

189 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Kodiak said:

The icons on the map change when someone steps in a trap, you gotta look at it and see which one is different. Yeah there's a sound for gas and battery failures now too.

Thanx, Kodiak....

So..... No sounds or notifications when somebody steps the trap?

First time someone steps in it, you'll get XP and you'll hear the trap close. After that, anytime a trap goes off you'll hear the sound of it snapping shut :)

bobmussini likes this

Tremendous work, a really handy primer for playing the game. I'm gonna go back and read through this again before the weekend.

Thanks, Kodiak.

Kodiak and Maddogg_8121 like this

You're welcome :) As is everyone else. It does take a bit of time to get your head around all the mechanics, and the in-game tutorial is a bit vague so I thought I'd compound all of my knowledge and give people that little extra detail. Little details matter a lot in a game like this :)

Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

Really excellent post.  Thank you! 

You're welcome :) I'd like your post, but as usual I've hit my 10 like limit for the day lol.

Maddogg_8121 likes this

Just now, Kodiak said:

You're welcome :) I'd like your post, but as usual I've hit my 10 like limit for the day lol.

Well ill give you some ;)

Players willing to share info such as yourself are what gamer noobs like me need. I cant survive as aj most matched. Only played jason once. 

Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

Well ill give you some ;)

Thanks dude :) Kind of you.

If anyone wants any specific tips or strategies, feel free to post! I'd like to continue to update this guide with new information and ideas. Like if someone is having trouble against a particular Jason, or is having trouble using a specific counsellor. 

munkt0r, Maddogg_8121 and Willie like this

Amazing Post !  Your how to guide to Friday The 13th The Game.  Reminds me of those strategy guides you can go purchase from Best Buy

@Kodiak this is an excellent thread; thank you! I hope this gets pinned as well- it definitely deserves it.  Can you add a section for music ques (would be kind of hard to explain I imagine)?  As in the difference between when Jason is chasing someone else verses the music when he chases you?  I always get them mixed up.  Also, the sounds to listen out for when he teleports to your location (bats?) as well as the shift visual ques (tape fast forwarding)?  

How do you do a proper shift grab?  I always whiff.  

Yesterday I crouched up to a Jason trap with a pocketknife and did not see anything to disable it; what did I do wrong?  If I went any closer, I would have triggered it.

Willie likes this

Where can I find the phone to call police? Never come across it. Is it randomly put somewhere? Thx in advance for any help

2 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

It is completly random yes :)

Bet bet is to look for a house with a red glow on the wall.

Thanks. Would the phone be inside or outside the house?

13 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

@Kodiak this is an excellent thread; thank you! I hope this gets pinned as well- it definitely deserves it.  Can you add a section for music ques (would be kind of hard to explain I imagine)?  As in the difference between when Jason is chasing someone else verses the music when he chases you?  I always get them mixed up.  Also, the sounds to listen out for when he teleports to your location (bats?) as well as the shift visual ques (tape fast forwarding)?  

How do you do a proper shift grab?  I always whiff.  

Yesterday I crouched up to a Jason trap with a pocketknife and did not see anything to disable it; what did I do wrong?  If I went any closer, I would have triggered it.

Sure :) I'll add a new section in a minute.

Shift grabs come with a bit of practice. Once you get used to the turning whilst shifting, grabs shouldn't be too difficult.

Which version of the game are you playing? I'm not sure if PS4 or Xbone have the patch where disarming traps was implemented. Steam does though.

13 hours ago, jvmill77 said:

Where can I find the phone to call police? Never come across it. Is it randomly put somewhere? Thx in advance for any help

Yeah it's random every game. Quite difficult to find sometimes, but if you're looking for it you just need to look on the outside of cabins.

Update: Added sections 1.7 and 1.8. Also section 1.9 and 2.4 .

Ker Juice likes this

9 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Sure :) I'll add a new section in a minute.

Shift grabs come with a bit of practice. Once you get used to the turning whilst shifting, grabs shouldn't be too difficult.

Which version of the game are you playing? I'm not sure if PS4 or Xbone have the patch where disarming traps was implemented. Steam does though.

Yeah it's random every game. Quite difficult to find sometimes, but if you're looking for it you just need to look on the outside of cabins.

Update: Added sections 1.7 and 1.8. Also section 1.9 and 2.4 .

I am on XB1; no wonder I kept setting off his traps yesterday trying to disarm them.

How about some of Jason's audio cues? Clearly the more intense the music the closer he is. 

What about the whoosh sound that's kind of reminiscent of the NES game? Is that the cue that Jason is in stalk? Or does it mean he's morphed out of the area.

What about the Ki ki ki ma ma ma as well? Seems to happen regardless where Jason may be?

Thanks.

@KodiakHe has a HP weakness, but HP is not a measure of how much damage he can take before he dies. HP is the amount of punishment he takes before he falls flat on the ground and takes a while to get up.

Okay, can someone break down all the aspects of Stunning/Damaging Jason, and how Stun Resistance, Low Defenses and Low HP interact?

I mean, the Jason 9 has Stun resistance, so why is it he gets knocked down and can't get back up again easier? SHouldn't he be harder to stun to begin with?

Can I get a reply on this?

1 hour ago, rickyount02 said:

What about the Ki ki ki ma ma ma as well? Seems to happen regardless where Jason may be?

That is a cue announcing Jason has gained a new ability (Sense/Shift/Stalk/Rage).

Great Post, 

I've been playing for a couple of days but in lonnng binge sessions, and there is one thing i can't figure out.

it's how to dodge in melee mode as Councilor, I've figured out how to block but for the life of me i can't dodge what do i press?

i'm on ps4, please tell me.

Thank you so much for this! Definitely going to be reading this through again to get a better understanding about the game, shame there are people who use Jason and their friends are counsellors sucks so much :(

1 minute ago, Jayy said:

Great Post, 

I've been playing for a couple of days but in lonnng binge sessions, and there is one thing i can't figure out.

it's how to dodge in melee mode as Councilor, I've figured out how to block but for the life of me i can't dodge what do i press?

i'm on ps4, please tell me.

I believe it is L2 to dodge in combat mode.

Awesome post, I'm level 26 but this is a great reference for the game. I tend to stick with the same counselor but need to broaden my familiarity with the others. :)

So when you are playing Jason, and you use your sense, and see no one--the only option you have to make cousnelors light up is to start knocking over power boxes, right?