NEXUS_uk

Penalty system for people who leave sessions

55 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Couldnt of explained this any better. 

@Peter1970 so with your logic.. Jason shouldn't get any xp for kills ether. All the xp should goto pamela for birthing Jason. Matter fact... who was pamela's ancestors, we might as well reward them the xp for anyone that dies by suicide or Jason in this game. #facepalm

You are sad and desperate with no logic thoughts whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

You are sad and desperate with no logic thoughts whatsoever.

I think I should direct you to the Forum's TOS:

"General Disagreements: Debates are going to happen, people will disagree. We ask you keep it civil and remember that everyone has an opinion, everyone has their personal experiences and not all of us are the same. We encourage in-depth analysis, point/counter-point debates, but we stress that you refrain from entering the land of hate speech and flaming/trolling. Passing that line is when staff steps in. What we're saying is; be rational."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

What happens to level 101s?

Perhaps they begin to drop levels? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

You are sad and desperate with no logic thoughts whatsoever.

LoL 😂 😂😂

I used your logic to reach even further. Dont call me sad a desperate cause I am using YOUR logic. You say if Jason is on the map, anyone who dies is cause of him and he should get xp. Im telling you Pamela should get the xp cause she made Jason. Jason wouldnt be on the map if she didnt exist.

 

So using your logic, my statement is correct. Dont be upset cause your logic was taken a step further to show how you are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Perhaps they begin to drop levels? 

Yikes! I'd hate that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I think I should direct you to the Forum's TOS:

"General Disagreements: Debates are going to happen, people will disagree. We ask you keep it civil and remember that everyone has an opinion, everyone has their personal experiences and not all of us are the same. We encourage in-depth analysis, point/counter-point debates, but we stress that you refrain from entering the land of hate speech and flaming/trolling. Passing that line is when staff steps in. What we're saying is; be rational."

Now you are defending me!!! Get out of my business!! If i were offended, I would let him know and report him. 

 

This is what I am talking about when i say stop sticking your nose in other peoples business. It is annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BetsyPalmer said:

Yikes! I'd hate that!

YES!! So would they!! Thereby, effective deterrent! Might teach these pissy players a thing or two about controlling their tempers and patience. So let it be written. SO LET IT BE DONE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Now you are defending me!!! Get out of my business!! If i were offended, I would let him know and report him. 

 

This is what I am talking about when i say stop sticking your nose in other peoples business. It is annoying.

You are entering harassment boundaries at this point.

You're delusional for saying I was defending someone (you) I obviously don't care for on this forum. 

I am sick of this guy giving everyone short meaningless replies with half of them nothing but negative insults. That is why I replied to him.

Keep it up and I will report you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

You are entering harassment boundaries at this point.

You're delusional for saying I was defending someone (you) I obviously don't care for on this forum. 

I am sick of this guy giving everyone short meaningless replies with half of them nothing but negative insults. That is why I replied to him.

Keep it up and I will report you.

*I* think you should go back to talking about MY idea. It's nifty . . .  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I feel like we should have SOME leeway to leave a few times monthly to allow for legitimate reasons for leaving. (i.e., unplayable glitch game; teaming trolls, etc.) And also, there should be a website-based appeal system if you were punished for leaving when matters were out of your control.

What if your wifi cuts off? Will XP still be taken away?

I think this being on a monthly point system is too much. Perhaps weekly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

You are sad and desperate with no logic thoughts whatsoever.

This was directed at me.

10 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I think I should direct you to the Forum's TOS:

"General Disagreements: Debates are going to happen, people will disagree. We ask you keep it civil and remember that everyone has an opinion, everyone has their personal experiences and not all of us are the same. We encourage in-depth analysis, point/counter-point debates, but we stress that you refrain from entering the land of hate speech and flaming/trolling. Passing that line is when staff steps in. What we're saying is; be rational."

This is you defending me. 

5 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

You are entering harassment boundaries at this point.

You're delusional for saying I was defending someone (you) I obviously don't care for on this forum. 

I am sick of this guy giving everyone short meaningless replies with half of them nothing but negative insults. That is why I replied to him.

Keep it up and I will report you.

This is you contradicting yourself and making no sense once again. Leave me alone and stop following from post to post. Let the person being insulted chose the appropriate action theirselves or let a mod deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

What if you wifi cuts off? Will XP still be taken away?

Excellent point. I think the system could easily be able to tell whether someone leaves willingly or unnaturally. In essence, if they wanted to rage-quit without penalty, they'd have to shut off their whole system mid-game -- which, while a pain in the butt to do so, it IS possible someone might do it and try to jump back in after a reboot. Perhaps we recommend a mandatory 5 minute waiting period to join another game in that event?

5 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I think this being on a monthly point system is too much. Perhaps weekly?

Possibly. That's workable. The nice thing is, if we put our heads together here and come up with some majority-agreeable verbiage to present to the gamemakers, we'll likely have their ears AND consideration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Excellent point. I think the system could easily be able to tell whether someone leaves willingly or unnaturally. In essence, if they wanted to rage-quit without penalty, they'd have to shut off their whole system mid-game -- which, while a pain in the butt to do so, it IS possible someone might do it and try to jump back in after a reboot. Perhaps we recommend a mandatory 5 minute waiting period to join another game in that event?

Possibly. That's workable. The nice thing is, if we put our heads together here and come up with some majority-agreeable verbiage to present to the gamemakers, we'll likely have their ears AND consideration. 

I think a daily system would be just fine. 1st quit is a warning with no penalties. 2nd quit is xp loss and 15 minute deserter buff and 3rd quit is loss of level and 90 minute deserter buff.

Cokeyskunk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZiG ZaG said:

I think a daily system would be just fine. 1st quit is a warning with no penalties. 2nd quit is xp loss and 15 minute deserter buff and 3rd quit is loss of level and 90 minute deserter buff.

You, sir, are HARSH. But I totally dig it. 

Take the power from the trolls, watch them turn into regular players. That's what I say.

So, we should totally have someone formally write this up and present it to Gertz or someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You, sir, are HARSH. But I totally dig it. 

Take the power from the trolls, watch them turn into regular players. That's what I say.

So, we should totally have someone formally write this up and present it to Gertz or someone.

Yes haha but quitting games early is definitely a huge problem in the game right now. 

But I don't think that is to harsh. People who's internet goes out should be fine. Maybe add a timer inbetween. If you qut a game, you cant quit one for another  hour or two until or youll get the deserter buff. If you dont quit a game during the time and your wifi goes out again you wont get the deserter buff.

Trolls on the other hand will always find a new way to troll people no matter how hard the developer try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

This was directed at me.

This is you defending me. 

This is you contradicting yourself and making no sense once again. Leave me alone and stop following from post to post. Let the person being insulted chose the appropriate action theirselves or let a mod deal with it.

Someone doesn't have to be defending you in order to want a more civil discussion from others. 

Many people are in this thread, and maybe some of us want a thread with less name calling. 

And unless someone has a point to make, they should likely not bother posting if all they are going to do is say I know you are but what am I. 

You assumed it was about you, but I am guessing it was about @BetsyPalmer and their desires. Not everything is about you. 

On topic, why are we even talking about this?

the fix is simple. Dedicated servers and give Jason the kill points for all disconnects. 

People who leave are already punished by having wasted their time and receiving nothing for it. Dedicated servers will keep the match going, and giving Jason the points will solve that concern. Anything else is just wanting a pound of flesh for a pet peeve. 

BetsyPalmer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

This was directed at me.

This is you defending me. 

This is you contradicting yourself and making no sense once again. Leave me alone and stop following from post to post. Let the person being insulted chose the appropriate action theirselves or let a mod deal with it.

I am reporting you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Someone doesn't have to be defending you in order to want a more civil discussion from others. 

Many people are in this thread, and maybe some of us want a thread with less name calling. 

And unless someone has a point to make, they should likely not bother posting if all they are going to do is say I know you are but what am I. 

You assumed it was about you, but I am guessing it was about @BetsyPalmer and their desires. Not everything is about you. 

On topic, why are we even talking about this?

the fix is simple. Dedicated servers and give Jason the kill points for all disconnects. 

People who leave are already punished by having wasted their time and receiving nothing for it. Dedicated servers will keep the match going, and giving Jason the points will solve that concern. Anything else is just wanting a pound of flesh for a pet peeve. 

Nope go look at the forum he was insulting me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Definitelynotjason said:

the fix is simple. Dedicated servers and give Jason the kill points for all disconnects. 

People who leave are already punished by having wasted their time and receiving nothing for it. Dedicated servers will keep the match going, and giving Jason the points will solve that concern. Anything else is just wanting a pound of flesh for a pet peeve. 

There are many ways you can look at this. Let's look at one:

You're an awesome player. (Perhaps you really are, but this is for academic purposes) You're almost always one of the last ones killed or one of the first to create an escape route. You immediately call Tommy Jarvis. But one by one, as Jason snags other players (who don't have knives), they drop out of the game and Jason is left to strangle thin air. After awhile, it's just you and Jason. When will Jarvis show up? Never. Everyone has left and gone onto another game. So there's no one left to play him. 

In fact, that happens more often than not. If something goes wrong with the "perfect game" for these people -- or hell, even if they get bored for a fraction of a second -- they're gone. And that sucks.

The entire purpose of this game is to instill a feeling of being trapped and helpless. Where is that feeling when you can simply teleport out of the game and into another one if your little plan didn't go perfectly? It's just too much power. And the entire Friday the 13th franchise has always been all about people being helplessly held hostage and power being forcibly taken away from them. 

You opt to play a game? You're stuck there until the game ends, unless you want a penalty. That's exactly what this game is lacking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I am reporting you.

 

1 minute ago, ZiG ZaG said:

like wise

Hey guys!! I like ya both! I won't report either of ya! Whaddaya say we crack open a cold one together and talk some more horror survival gaming, hah??! First one's on me!  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Nope go look at the forum he was insulting me

Oh for crying out loud, are you being intentionally obtuse? 

Asking someone to tone down the rhetoric is about the person being called out, not the person that was being insulted. 

It isn't about you. 

While policing the forum is the job of the moderators, we all still have a responsibility to comport ourselves in a respectful manner. Trying to correct behaviour is the first step. Asking people to up their discourse is fine. If they don't then it is the job of the moderator to step in. 

You have two choices when the kids are on you lawn. Ask them to leave or call the cops. Once you ask and they refuse, options are limited. Asking first gives everyone a chance to end the lawn problem without escalation. 

You are escalating it. 

 

Edit:

@Cokeyskunk I get the frustration with kids these days but the punishment is not getting their points. Further punishing people for deciding they don't want to finish a match is not teaching them a life lesson, it is controlling them and forcing them to play when they don't want to. 

Do I agree that joining a match is a social contract? Absolutely. Do I think it is sad they don't have any perseverance or resilience? Hell yes. 

Do I think they should be sent to their room without dinner? No. 

We should not suffer for it, but that is also part of the contract of playing with strangers. 

BetsyPalmer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

 

Hey guys!! I like ya both! I won't report either of ya! Whaddaya say we crack open a cold one together and talk some more horror survival gaming, hah??! First one's on me!  ;)

He doesn't understand that he's about to report me without reason which I'm sure is against the TOS.

But you're right, back on topic. I will not deter this post any longer because of what appears to be a troll.

Hasn't Gun already provided some information about people leaving sessions anyways? Like it's reportable or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Oh for crying out loud, are you being intentionally obtuse? 

Asking someone to tone down the rhetoric is about the person being called out, not the person that was being insulted. 

It isn't about you. 

While policing the forum is the job of the moderators, we all still have a responsibility to comport ourselves in a respectful manner. Trying to correct behaviour is the first step. Asking people to up their discourse is fine. If they don't then it is the job of the moderator to step in. 

You have two choices when the kids are on you lawn. Ask them to leave or call the cops. Once you ask and they refuse, options are limited. Asking first gives everyone a chance to end the lawn problem without escalation. 

You are escalating it. 

I disagree. I can report the person or I can respond. I do not need someone else sticking their nose where it does not belong. If i am insulted, let me take the proper action. We do not need others to do it for us. There is a report button and moderators for a reason. If i feel that insulted I can use it. That is there so other people can ignore these little petty debates. 

Instead we got social justice warriors all over the place that need to learn to mind their own business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

He doesn't understand that he's about to report me without reason which I'm sure is against the TOS.

But you're right, back on topic. I will not deter this post any longer because of what appears to be a troll.

Hasn't Gun already provided some information about people leaving sessions anyways? Like it's reportable or something?

I have posted the coc regarding this issue in so many threads already. 

They have an escalating penalty for repeated leavers listed, but I don't think they have the monitoring in place. Likely they are waiting on dedicated server parity across platforms. 

 

Edit. 

@ZiG ZaG Enough! 

Disagree all you want, but you are wrong. 

Edit: I am going to leave the next line in, but will say it was unfair of me to post it. I could have made my point better  

I have been unimpressed with your posting in many threads because of attitude, and this is just another example. 

Call it what you will, sjw crap or tone policing or whatever. If I see something I don't like in the community I will point it out. If you have a problem with that, it is your problem and you can do with it what you please. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now