wes

Attention XBOX ONE Players: Stability and Retro Jason

72 posts in this topic

GUYS CALM DOWN THEYRE FIXING IT THE GAME HASNT BEEN OUT FOR A LONG TIME YET

I'd personally rather wait for the drop if it means you're going to be able to fix or at least limit the frequency of the crashes on the system. Double XP doesn't really make any difference if I cant stay in the game long enough for the match to complete.

EDIT: I should add that from previous experience with other devs who update content on a semi-frequent basis; MS is a real butt to get anything approved with because you're essentially at their mercy as to when they make the final approval.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

1) They are one in the same in this instance. The patch for PS4 and PC that came out last week is bundled with the DLC update on Xbox. If you read Wes' original post you'd know that.

2) So you're advocating that they make their "broken" game take longer to patch? Hey, let's make everyone wait for one platform to fix the issues you're so pissed about. 

3) They had different versions for the same reason as this, the patch didn't go through on Xbox. Once the patch went through, they were on the same version. That's already long since been covered on the forums. 

4) Because the others went through. What are you not getting about that?  

Be mad all you want, it doesn't change that your arguments are non-sensical, or at the least uninformed, most of the time. 

Where in Wes' original post does it say a PC/PS4 patch would be bundled with the Retro Jason update for XBOX? No where.

Wes even said they were hoping to add the Retro Jason update in spite of the memory leak issue. That didn't fly.

You are claiming they have a fix bundled with a DLC update when Wes plainly said they are still looking into the problem.

58 minutes ago, The Sandman said:

I'm sorry and maybe I'm alone here, but a reskinned part 3 Jason, cp, some outfits and a double xp weekend doesnt make up for anything. In my opinion it's the lamest bandaid "thank you for your patience" that they could've possibly offered us.

Well there isn't much they can do now, they can't reverse time.

When the game came out and no one could play it, my friends and I said "They better give us free clothes I swear". It came true. Free clothes and I am happy.

tumblr_msjtrbrYNw1qagmv6o1_500.gif

36 minutes ago, The Sandman said:

and to me.."nothing" is exactly what they gave me.

I have the original NES game, it was garbage. If they wanted to pay homage to a crappy game, there's no need..they're already doing it beautifully with the current Xbone one version. The XB1 version of this game has a death curse :lol:

Sucks for you, man. Can't please everyone, but your lack of appreciation doesn't mean they didn't offer anything, just means you're too selfish to recognize that at least they did something. 

33 minutes ago, Stranglemania said:

Where in Wes' original post does it say a PC/PS4 patch would be bundled with the Retro Jason update for XBOX? No where.

Wes even said they were hoping to add the Retro Jason update in spite of the memory leak issue. That didn't fly.

You are claiming they have a fix bundled with a DLC update when Wes plainly said they are still looking into the problem.

No, I never said that at all. I said the Xbox patch is a bundle of the DLC they're giving away along with the bug fix patch they released last week for the PS4/PC. The patch was already going through cert in Microsoft when they asked Microsoft to hold off and threw the NES Jason DLC into it and resubmitted to spare the Xbox people from having to download two separate patches. 

20 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

but your lack of appreciation doesn't mean they didn't offer anything, just means you're too selfish to recognize that at least they did something. 

I never said they didn't offer anything, they clearly did. I just said what was offered was a sad attempt at trying to smooth things over..

This is just the digital equivalent of getting kicked in the balls then someone's handing you a sucker.  

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We are live, everyone. 

Keep in mind; the matchmaking and memory leak issues we've discussed still do exist and our team has pinpointed the issue and are working on the solution that will be patched just as soon as we are able. This is our team's top priority and it affects all three platforms, but we're confident in a resolution!

Again, we apologize for the short delay and are thankful for your understanding!

As long as you guys fix it, all will be forgiven.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

After the 2nd patch the game was working great for me on XBox ONE.

Since this latest patch released today it's harder to find Quick Matches and even when you do they don't fill up as fast as they did after the 2nd patch.

I really enjoy this game when it works.

I appreciate that you're fixing it still and working on it still.

I appreciate that you'll get there in the end.

Im just bummed that I can't enjoy full Quickmatches.

Was having an absolute blast for the past couple of days and now it's thrown another bit of a wobbly.

And THANK YOU for the Retro Jason and the outfits for the Counsellors.  That was a nice gesture that some of us do appreciate.

Can you imagine some of these guys waiting in the line at MacDonalds and getting to the counter only to be told the Sprite machine is being fixed?

this sum ups gun media, fumbles nothing but fumbles.

@Ralph Wiggum777 please do not double post. If you have something to add to the conversation and no one else has posted, please use the edit button.

I have not merged your posts, as I am not a mod - just some asshole who couldn't resist being a douche bag.

:P

3 people like this

46 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

@Ralph Wiggum777 please do not double post. If you have something to add to the conversation and no one else has posted, please use the edit button.

I have not merged your posts, as I am not a mod - just some asshole who couldn't resist being a douche bag.

Thought I merged that but I guess not...

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Thought I merged that but I guess not...

It just seemed like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to be an asshat, and who can say no to that?

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Azrael008uk said:

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

After the 2nd patch the game was working great for me on XBox ONE.

Since this latest patch released today it's harder to find Quick Matches and even when you do they don't fill up as fast as they did after the 2nd patch.

OK an update which is worth mentioning regarding this...

Yesterday my game would not close correctly and the XBox ONE dashboard was behaving strangely when I went to the Home Screen (from where you'd launch and quit a digital game like this).

After a Hard Reset (Hold the Power Button down for a solid 10 seconds before releasing) today... all my games were fine.... filled up with people, couple of crashes but had some really good ones.

And I'm happy again.

1 hour ago, Azrael008uk said:

OK an update which is worth mentioning regarding this...

Yesterday my game would not close correctly and the XBox ONE dashboard was behaving strangely when I went to the Home Screen (from where you'd launch and quit a digital game like this).

After a Hard Reset (Hold the Power Button down for a solid 10 seconds before releasing) today... all my games were fine.... filled up with people, couple of crashes but had some really good ones.

And I'm happy again.

I am guessing the hard reset "releases" the memory leak data

24 minutes ago, urbt said:

I am guessing the hard reset "releases" the memory leak data

Well it definitely clears your cache but I'm sure that there was something wrong with either my game, XBox LIVE or both yesterday.

Today is working fine.

On June 21, 2017 at 6:36 PM, RKSDooM said:

You forgot Wes. He posted 4 comments in a row  on page 1 and no one gave that guy a warning.

1 person likes this

Just now, GonzoThe912TH said:

You forgot Wes. He posted 4 comments in a row  on page 1 and no one gave that guy a warning.

qZcSy674y7gWAGsJsc8c1Svei0DJPGkHVzSDvWM7

I bought the game on PC, but have an XBOX 1, as well. I feel bad for all of the Xbox users. I feel bad for the Devs as well. It's not like these guys have a bunch of games under their belts. I am sure there is a pretty steep learning curve to what they are doing. You can bet your ass that they are trying hard as hell to fix the game for Xbox1. I think it was their best seller. I know the game is sitting at #1 on Xbox's best seller list, so that say's something. I will be shelling out $60 more, for the hard copy, for Xbox1, when it comes out. I feel like throwing in an extra $20 just for all of the shit these guys have dealt with, regardless of the problems. They aren't trying to screw people and ruin their names before they even get out of the gate, as a company. Lets think realistically. I can say that tons of negativity can saps someone's desire to do their best work, even on a subconscious level. No one wants to work hard, if they feel like all they get for it is grief. At the same time, I'm know no one wants to shell out their cash for something that doesn't work right. I understand both sides.

NO ONE is perfect and NO ONE makes a perfect product. These guys are doing damn fine, for their first venture. The Xbox approval process isn't a walk in the park. We ALL know that AAA game devs have the EXACT same problem sometimes. Look at Gearbox, with Colonial Marines and the Xbox, supposed top notch AAA devs, couldn't pass a patch to save their lives, and they tried the one patch MULTIPLE times before they got it approved, something like 3-5 times and Xbox NEVER got the GFX upgrade.

Wes, while you are here, CO-OP man. I'll shell out more sheckles for co-op campaign, with random mission generator, spanning multiple areas/ maps/or time lines. The time line thing would be sweet, I think. Jesus, how bad ass would it be to play through a campaign that would basically be playing through each movie as a level? I'd AAA price tag big for that, my friend. Thank you and your team for bringing us the best F13 game that has ever been made. I think it will be a while, if ever, until a better one is made.

1 person likes this

These guys are doing a hell of a lot more for their game and the people who bought it than the dickless wonders at EA/BioWare and Mrap Effect Andromeda. Lets see what we got from EA/BioWare... a few patches to "fix" faces and other things that shouldn't have needed fixing in the first place if ANYONE had an ounce of professionalism and gave a crap about the game they were working on and oh wait, nothing. Not a crap load of credits to buy any multiplayer loot boxes, no special skin for the car and sure as hell not a single apology saying "Sorry we screwed you over by having third rate nobodies work on our major AAA franchise. But hey, how about our Anthem game! You're gonna buy that aren't you?"

At least IllFonic and Gun Media gave us two sets of free clothing for the counselors, a crap load of CP (when this double xp event happens) and a retro Jason skin that adds a bit of fun for those players that actually like to have fun in the game. While the game is back to bugfest because of this, I do appreciate the gesture that they at least give a crap, not only about the game but the players.

1 person likes this

On 6/20/2017 at 10:17 PM, wes said:

It's all good. We should have made it clearer in that tweet.

Actually @wes you guys did address console dedicated servers. As the question involved the word console and the azure server, which pertains to xbox as you well know. So please quit with the semantics and just give the players what was promised. Dedicated servers are far superior to p2p and the players and potential players were told that we would have dedicated servers. We are tired of the truth spins, the semantics, and all. We want a product as promised. You would think, as much support and everything as we the players have shown, you guys could quit with the games, give straight answers, and give us what was promised.