wes

Attention XBOX ONE Players: Stability and Retro Jason

72 posts in this topic

Rereading the tweet, it doesn't specify for consoles, so I apologize for saying that you "promised" anything. That was totally my bad.

1 minute ago, RKSDooM said:

Rereading the tweet, it doesn't specify for consoles, so I apologize for saying that you "promised" anything. That was totally my bad.

It's all good. We should have made it clearer in that tweet.

28 minutes ago, wes said:

As mentioned before, all games crash, but it's the severity that is the issue. But we did discuss the crashing and match making issue a few times since launch..both here, on twitter, discord and on FB. As for when the patch comes out...we do know that MS has an updated patch in certification now and we should hear something tomorrow. But we don't control certification or how long that process goes. It can be a day, three days, 5 days, perhaps a little more. We hand them the game, and then we wait. 

As for getting double XP and the CP bonus..this patch has elements built into the HUD so that you actually can see that you're getting double XP. We can turn on the double XP on the back end, but most users won't really "see" the bonus unless they are really looking at their XP before a match starts. If you follow. Either way, if the patch isn't live by this weekend we will turn it on...there will just be a lot of folks that probably won't notice the bonus and assume it isn't working. Does that make sense?

First and foremost I want to thank you for actually responding to me.

Secondly I want to apologize for my previous post, I was a tad bit pissed about how the Xbox population has been treated, I was frustrated so I apologize.

So basically what your saying is we will get the double exp, but we won't be able to see it from the end game screen? But our progress bars will reflect double exp?

If that's the case than that's cool with me, I was thinking that Xbox players would miss out on the double exp if the patch didn't arrive by then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Stikl upset with all the crashing that goes on with the Xbox version, but I trust you guys will fix it in the end.

And also, with the dedicated servers, Microsoft allows devs to use their Azura servers for free, so that could be a route you guys look into for the Xbox version of the game. 

With the millions of lines of code you are going through to make it up to us, your efforts are appreciated. Hopefully it is an error in a return function, or looping error in an If/else statement that can be discovered a bit easier. Good luck with the certifications and hope your eyes feel alright after staring at all those lines (and people's needless groaning).

3 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

First and foremost I want to thank you for actually responding to me.

Secondly I want to apologize for my previous post, I was a tad bit pissed about how the Xbox population has been treated, I was frustrated so I apologize.

So basically what your saying is we will get the double exp, but we won't be able to see it from the end game screen? But our progress bars will reflect double exp?

If that's the case than that's cool with me, I was thinking that Xbox players would miss out on the double exp if the patch didn't arrive by then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Stikl upset with all the crashing that goes on with the Xbox version, but I trust you guys will fix it in the end.

And also, with the dedicated servers, Microsoft allows devs to use their Azura servers for free, so that could be a route you guys look into for the Xbox version of the game. 

You're very welcome! It's fine, I completely understand. I can emphasize with being frustrated AF. But yes, you will get the double XP and the CP bonus, just during the end game screen there won't be a little fancy "DOUBLE XP" thingy that pops up showing you that you earned it. But you'll still earn it. 

As for Azura. Yes I'm aware of that service, but we use AWS on PC and everything is plugged in there (when you see the database sign in that's hitting AWS), so it just makes since to keep everything there. As for being free...that's the first I've heard of that. If MS did that, it would be amazing. But I seriously doubt they would give that service away for free, I could be wrong...but for reference...launch weekend, dedicated servers on PC for F13 was $50K. So I don't foresee MS giving that kinda service away for free. 

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

With the millions of lines of code you are going through to make it up to us, your efforts are appreciated. Hopefully it is an error in a return function, or looping error in an If/else statement that can be discovered a bit easier. Good luck with the certifications and hope your eyes feel alright after staring at all those lines (and people's needless groaning).

Thanks for the kind words! Man, I wish it was something like that, but it looks to be more than that. But I'm not the one staring at the code..the engineers are hard at work doing that..I'm not an engineer. Most of the time when problems come up, they have to ELI5 me. ;)

I just make sure they have food, coffee, redbull, etc...try to keep them distanced from drama, and focused on the fixes. 

12 hours ago, wes said:

Are you trying to suggest that dev teams on other games, don't reach out to other dev teams to ask questions? All game teams do this. They even bring in members of other teams to work on their games to help fight fires. It's understandable that you aren't aware that this is a very common occurrence in the gaming industry. But that's why we talk to you guys, to make you more informed about how games are made.

But again, the update was tested internally, then by a third party and then certified by MS/PS. But there are always issues with online games, it's just the nature of the beast. There also aren't a ton of UE4 games on the market, especially online ones. So there wasn't a massive database of FAQ's for us to work with. I understand your frustration though, it does suck. We have egg on our face, that is for sure. There are issues that we dropped the ball on or lack experience in, while others are beyond our control. But we are doing our best.

I understand that dev teams will reach out to other dev teams and even bring in members to help fight fires. But that is usually when then in house team is totally out of answers and doesn't know what to do, which was my point. 

Look, I appreciate the long hours you guys are putting in, but I feel like you guys should've delayed the update for EVERYONE if it wasn't ready to go for EVERYONE. I feel all the "We are not trying to show favoritism" talk is BS. You guys have proved nothing but the opposite since launch day.

The base game is still broken on Xbox One. Why would you think an update for a broken game would get certified??

As an xbox one gamer I've learned to have patience. Even Triple A titles have experienced a rough start on launch, Master Chief Collection for example by 343 was nearly unplayable matchmaking for months after launch. Seeing you guys are a small studio of around 30 I'm actually impressed with how well you are doing and how hard you are working with the game and community to get it where it needs to be. Keep up the good work you guys are doing great. Also don't let the toxicity part of the community bring you guys down, some just don't have patience  nor understand, where the DLC update is a nice touch and I'm grateful for it won't make or break the game.

16 hours ago, Stranglemania said:

What a joke. Is it amateur hour over there?!!? You guys don't even know how to troubleshoot the game engine you are using to make your game? Talking with other UE4 dev teams? It sounds worse then you guys are letting on.

You've clearly never worked on code before. Talking with other people and having extra sets of eyes look over things is the main way troubleshooting works. No one person has complete master understanding of all coding languages and their functionality within every engine, and this team is so small that it's easy to understand how a solution to a complex issue might be stumping them. Collaboration is probably the most important aspect in progress when it comes to coding. Hell, even simple administration scripts I work on at Microsoft sometimes have 2-3 other people in other teams working on them to fully optimize them. 

1 hour ago, Stranglemania said:

I understand that dev teams will reach out to other dev teams and even bring in members to help fight fires. But that is usually when then in house team is totally out of answers and doesn't know what to do, which was my point. 

Look, I appreciate the long hours you guys are putting in, but I feel like you guys should've delayed the update for EVERYONE if it wasn't ready to go for EVERYONE. I feel all the "We are not trying to show favoritism" talk is BS. You guys have proved nothing but the opposite since launch day.

The base game is still broken on Xbox One. Why would you think an update for a broken game would get certified??

They released the patch for all three formats at the same time. By the time they found out the Xbox patch was declined, it was already available and being downloaded on the other formats. At that point, it's too late to pull the patch and punish the other players for the deficiencies of the Xbox code cause they can't have half their PC/PS4 players on one version and half on another. And they've patched it twice since the release, so it makes sense they thought this patch would've gone through as well for the Xbox. Honestly that statement makes no sense if you really think about it, cause if the game is broken patches are how they fix it. So they'd have to expect patches to get certified otherwise the game will never improve... 

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

You've clearly never worked on code before. Talking with other people and having extra sets of eyes look over things is the main way troubleshooting works. No one person has complete master understanding of all coding languages and their functionality within every engine, and this team is so small that it's easy to understand how a solution to a complex issue might be stumping them. Collaboration is probably the most important aspect in progress when it comes to coding. Hell, even simple administration scripts I work on at Microsoft sometimes have 2-3 other people in other teams working on them to fully optimize them. 

They released the patch for all three formats at the same time. By the time they found out the Xbox patch was declined, it was already available and being downloaded on the other formats. At that point, it's too late to pull the patch and punish the other players for the deficiencies of the Xbox code cause they can't have half their PC/PS4 players on one version and half on another. And they've patched it twice since the release, so it makes sense they thought this patch would've gone through as well for the Xbox. Honestly that statement makes no sense if you really think about it, cause if the game is broken patches are how they fix it. So they'd have to expect patches to get certified otherwise the game will never improve... 

Well said

33 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

1. A patch to fix a game is different than a DLC update for a game. You are speaking as if they are one and the same.

2. They wouldn't have to pull the "update" if they waited for it to be certified on all platforms before launching it.

3. They can and did have PS4/PC players on one version and Xbox on another. The launch version of the game was way different on Xbox than on PS4/PC. 

4. The 2 patches since launch still have not fixed the Xbox version. It is still broken. So why does it make sense for them to believe this update would "go through"?

1 hour ago, Stranglemania said:

1. A patch to fix a game is different than a DLC update for a game. You are speaking as if they are one and the same.

2. They wouldn't have to pull the "update" if they waited for it to be certified on all platforms before launching it.

3. They can and did have PS4/PC players on one version and Xbox on another. The launch version of the game was way different on Xbox than on PS4/PC. 

4. The 2 patches since launch still have not fixed the Xbox version. It is still broken. So why does it make sense for them to believe this update would "go through"?

1) They are one in the same in this instance. The patch for PS4 and PC that came out last week is bundled with the DLC update on Xbox. If you read Wes' original post you'd know that.

2) So you're advocating that they make their "broken" game take longer to patch? Hey, let's make everyone wait for one platform to fix the issues you're so pissed about. 

3) They had different versions for the same reason as this, the patch didn't go through on Xbox. Once the patch went through, they were on the same version. That's already long since been covered on the forums. 

4) Because the others went through. What are you not getting about that?  

Be mad all you want, it doesn't change that your arguments are non-sensical, or at the least uninformed, most of the time. 

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, InsaneE said:

Double XP coming to Xbox users this weekend even if the patch isnt ready?

Seriously whats the point of having a double XP weekend when the game crashes 40% of the time, your just wasting your time playing. The amount of XP i have lost because of the game crashing would not even be covered by the 13000 CP that they are giving us!.

It was obvious it was a memory leak from the get go, the fact that its taken them all this time to either figure this out or admit to it is rather embarrassing! Question is though how did the game manage to pass cert with MS in the first place!!. It just seems yet again all XB1 owners are getting the short end of the deal when will it end!?, maybe the devs will think about give us 'hard done by' XB1 owners maybe 20000 CP for all the crap we've had to deal with over the last month.

I would have much preferred the devs have fixed the issues with the actual game rather than waste resources designing new costumes and a Jason skin, seem like they dont have the priorities correct.

I enjoy the game i really do but my patience with it is  growing thin no......maybe Dead By Daylight will show them how its done!

I know you are all trying your hardest, but to stop me and others from anxiously waiting for any news about the update for Xbox one, please would you let us know how it's going currently and the chances of it coming out today would be, if so what time are we looking at. I know it's hard to predict but the last update from Twitter was 19 hours ago.

I can't wait to get my new Tiffany clothes and feel fabulous.

giphy.gif

The Xbox One update is live wooooo

593f0b8d8ec1d_10likes.png.bff02817857c78c9aa484535e96d1de4.png.514a51d2694e8be64662eae34a8d34e9.png

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Slashin' Passion said:

The Xbox One update is live wooooo

W...W...WHAT!? They didn't mention anything on their Twitter.

Never have I ran so fast to my console.

anigif_enhanced-15684-1407869663-11.gif?

I'll wait to get excited until I see it actually works hehe. ?

I'm sorry and maybe I'm alone here, but a reskinned part 3 Jason, cp, some outfits and a double xp weekend doesnt make up for anything. In my opinion it's the lamest bandaid "thank you for your patience" that they could've possibly offered us.

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Hell, even simple administration scripts I work on at Microsoft sometimes have 2-3 other people in other teams working on them to fully optimize them. 

Fellow Seattleite?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Fellow Seattleite?

Indeed. 

8 minutes ago, The Sandman said:

I'm sorry and maybe I'm alone here, but a reskinned part 3 Jason, cp, some outfits and a double xp weekend doesnt make up for anything. In my opinion it's the lamest bandaid "thank you for your patience" that they could've possibly offered us.

They could've offered nothing... Something about gift horses and their mouths comes to mind right now.  

1 person likes this

Just now, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Indeed. 

Right on. I was a contractor at Microsoft back in '09 for a hot minute, on the Redmond campus. Lots of relatives used to work there, too (retired now, mostly).

We are live, everyone. 

Keep in mind; the matchmaking and memory leak issues we've discussed still do exist and our team has pinpointed the issue and are working on the solution that will be patched just as soon as we are able. This is our team's top priority and it affects all three platforms, but we're confident in a resolution!

Again, we apologize for the short delay and are thankful for your understanding!

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

They could've offered nothing... Something about gift horses and their mouths comes to mind right now.  

and to me.."nothing" is exactly what they gave me.

I have the original NES game, it was garbage. If they wanted to pay homage to a crappy game, there's no need..they're already doing it beautifully with the current Xbone one version. The XB1 version of this game has a death curse :lol:

1 person likes this