158 posts in this topic

I've slowed down my playing a lot in the last few weeks. Some days I'll get an itch and play a few rounds but not hours upon hours like I did in the beginning. It's gotten a little stale and boring already. All of the steam friends on my list that play the game have dwindled dramatically. I haven't played a private match since the first week of release. Quick play is filled with a majority of toxic/racist players so it doesn't make it very fun. Occasionally I'll get into a lobby with good players that play properly and have fun. But then the game crashes back to the main menu after the 2nd or 3rd match even after the 1.03 patch. So yeah, waiting on single player but that can only last so long as well.  

PS4 for me has been completely stable after playing a week after launch. 

Do think more maps are crucially imperative though. This should come before "new Jason", "new clothing packs" etc. Even if single player has to be delayed...the customer base has to be retained - and by the time September rolls around people will be becoming bored of the same three maps. 

Wes stated recently that he is working on a new clothing pack, and Ronny had tweeted about Jason X masks/unmasked.

As someone who truly wants this game to be as successful as possible, I would urge the developers to invest all their interests into new maps at the moment.  

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

As someone who truly wants this game to be as successful as possible, I would urge the developers to invest all their interests into new maps at the moment.  

Doesn't need to be extravagant either. Another basic cabin layout with noticeable differences between other maps would be fine. 

well here is their plan for tomorrow for dbd :

Published on Jun 19, 2017

You guys broke our expectations and our severs, and we are very thankful for your support and love. Here's some free stuff to apologize for our rocky launch, and so that you might give us a slight reprieve as we continue to improve and fix!

Please enjoy this free Retro Jason and music courtesy of Mitch Murder as well as new clothing for counselors, 13,000 Customization Points for everyone and of course a Double XP Weekend starting June 23rd-June 25th!

https://www.facebook.com/Fridaythe13t...
https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame
http://forum.f13game.com/

FRIDAY THE 13TH and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © New Line Productions, Inc. and Horror, Inc. (each to the extent of their interest).

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Doesn't need to be extravagant either. Another basic cabin layout with noticeable differences between other maps would be fine. 

The Forest Green loading screen has different cabin decor. If this is in the pipeline or even completed (?) I would urge them to release now or either get it done as quickly as possible. If new maps were originally planned for say for instance late 2017 - I'm not sure the player base will be retained by then. 

Sweedy likes this

5 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

The Forest Green loading screen has different cabin decor. If this is in the pipeline or even completed (?) I would urge them to release now or either get it done as quickly as possible. If new maps were originally planned for say for instance late 2017 - I'm not sure the player base will be retained by then. 

I think that concept art was from when they were Slasher Vol 1. I doubt the map was even in development and if it was most things were scrapped when they became F13.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I think that concept art was from when they were Slasher Vol 1. I doubt the map was even in development and if it was most things were scrapped when they became F13.

Yeah I think you're correct! I do remember that concept art from back then now and thinking... are they not expecting to get sued from Cunningham or Paramount for use of "Forest Green"? :lol:

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah I think you're correct! I do remember that concept art from back then now and thinking... are they not expecting to get sued from Cunningham or Paramount for use of "Forest Green"? :lol:

Yeah I was wondering that myself. that's the location from part 6 right?

Splatterhouse likes this

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Starting to see less and less people on my 'Friend's List' playing the game. Disappointed to see so many folks moving on already though I can't blame them with all the issues still unaddressed on PS4.

Right now, there's about 3k playing on Steam. I'd say it's late and a Sunday but Dead by Daylight currently has 12k playing. That's 4x the amount of players in-game.

Is this game dead already? Did Gun shoot a blank? Anyone think folks will return when issues are resolved? Would DLC help?

Edit:

I'm not alone in wondering, there's a similar post on Steam. Somewhat of steady decline going on:

http://steamcharts.com/app/438740

If you are going by this past weekend's numbers then that is a bit skewed. DBD had a double blood point event/ DEVS playing weekend or something. A lot of the groups I run with were in DBD for that reason alone but left when I asked if they wanted to play. I have no issues finding players and all the friends I made while playing are still playing F13 during the times they normally did. 

As with any game after release, there will be a decline in player activity. I know I've unlocked everything i wanted to in regards to playable Jasons. DLC would help. Free content patch just announced. Once F13 has been around as long as DBD has (at this point in time) we will see where the numbers lare. I played both and found that DBD got boring very quickly. I still have the same excitement to play for F13 as I did at launch. Still hunting the elusive Pamela tapes. 

But sure, some players have moved on or back to what they know in DBD. so? Just because they aren't running at launch numbers doesn't mean the game is DYING. Just means attention spans aren't what they used to be. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing as well. Just because someone plays DBD one weekend and F13 the next, doesn't mean one is dying. 

4 minutes ago, piercev3 said:

If you are going by this past weekend's numbers then that is a bit skewed. DBD had a double blood point event/ DEVS playing weekend or something. A lot of the groups I run with were in DBD for that reason alone but left when I asked if they wanted to play. I have no issues finding players and all the friends I made while playing are still playing F13 during the times they normally did. 

As with any game after release, there will be a decline in player activity. I know I've unlocked everything i wanted to in regards to playable Jasons. DLC would help. Free content patch just announced. Once F13 has been around as long as DBD has (at this point in time) we will see where the numbers lare. I played both and found that DBD got boring very quickly. I still have the same excitement to play for F13 as I did at launch. Still hunting the elusive Pamela tapes. 

But sure, some players have moved on or back to what they know in DBD. so? Just because they aren't running at launch numbers doesn't mean the game is DYING. Just means attention spans aren't what they used to be. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing as well. Just because someone plays DBD one weekend and F13 the next, doesn't mean one is dying. 

True. :lol:

Ghostboy20 and gtdjlocker311 like this

41 minutes ago, Roy Burns said:

True, but since it's a new release that has similar qualities to Friday, you might see the Friday player base go down because of that. Either way, I hope both games succeed. Dead by Daylight is doing good with their DLCs. I know Friday the 13th will do just as well.

Red Chevrons to Blue Chevrons, really.

Yeah I've been looking at it. It looks really fun. The reason I don't like a 5 player limit is because I play with more than that sometimes. 

1 hour ago, undrtkr said:

I've slowed down my playing a lot in the last few weeks. Some days I'll get an itch and play a few rounds but not hours upon hours like I did in the beginning. It's gotten a little stale and boring already. All of the steam friends on my list that play the game have dwindled dramatically. I haven't played a private match since the first week of release. Quick play is filled with a majority of toxic/racist players so it doesn't make it very fun. Occasionally I'll get into a lobby with good players that play properly and have fun. But then the game crashes back to the main menu after the 2nd or 3rd match even after the 1.03 patch. So yeah, waiting on single player but that can only last so long as well.  

The racism is what actually alarms me...and what's truely sad is that most of the bad comments are coming from younger players. 

ConGamePro likes this

2 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

The racism is what actually alarms me...and what's truely sad is that most of the bad comments are coming from younger players. 

I've noticed a lot of this as well. Most of them sound pretty young on the mic.

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Starting to see less and less people on my 'Friend's List' playing the game. Disappointed to see so many folks moving on already though I can't blame them with all the issues still unaddressed on PS4.

Right now, there's about 3k playing on Steam. I'd say it's late and a Sunday but Dead by Daylight currently has 12k playing. That's 4x the amount of players in-game.

Is this game dead already? Did Gun shoot a blank? Anyone think folks will return when issues are resolved? Would DLC help?

Edit:

I'm not alone in wondering, there's a similar post on Steam. Somewhat of steady decline going on:

I'm still playing. Haven't really stopped playing since it came out. I love some of the bugs. They make the game funny 

Public matches are micless hellholes. And anyone with a mic is usually irritating. Without a solid friends list for private matches,this game would be dead to me. But yeah,in launch week everyone was on there. I would literally get invites and messages throughout every game. Those days seem longgggg gone now....

gtdjlocker311 likes this

I have over 200 hrs since release its hard to fill a lobby lately due to the lack of maps, counselors and servers, i still play everyday but it quick play in which i lose more exp then i gain, too busy shooting glitchers and jason,counselor teams on the ps4. and can't even put my savani jason as my jason because i just get team killed on the ps4 this game has many problems that need fixed b4 i even buy anymore dlc.

DbD had a lot of the same issues when it first launched as well but eventually started bringing people back in with patches and DLC. As long as the game is good, people usually come back. So really it's on Gun and Illfonic to make sure the issues we're experienced get ironed out so that people will want to give it another try. 

5 hours ago, Ronniewood282 said:

Yea its dying. The game is broke nothing but crashes and lost connection. Can't even play two whole games before a crash happens. But it's ok I'll hold off playing this game for awhile while they fix it. Dead by daylight comes out tonight I'll play it until this game is fixed.

fucking traitor

I'm looking foward to single player from the stand point that I need practice with Jason. I played a match last night and I am the casual player because I work too fucken much and was J6 and I didn't kill a single person !  I was close a few times but they escaped my grasp. Like I said I am a casual gamer and to prove it I'm only on Level 18 :unsure:

Every MMO experiences the post release decline.  After the newness wears off after a couple of weeks, game hoppers do what game hoppers do and move on to the next release.  Meanwhile, the dedicated players remain and the game continues on.  

I get why game writers make the "Is X TITLE already dying" articles, they're money maker articles that feed on the anxiety of a fanbase.  The game isn't dying, it's just settling in.  Additional content is already being released and the single player mode is still pending release. 

This is how games go, no exceptions.

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Edit:

As I pointed to other fourms it will die if Jason's not fixed like his grab broken not going to explain why as I aredy had in other fourms  also still server issues least for Xbox one and yes I have notice less people to but mybe Tom will bring some back who know I want this game to be saved but if they don't start balnace ing the game it will die I seen way to many good games die like for honor,Dragonball xenoverse 2,division good games at start up but they just couldn't keep it good half because of connection issues have because of the game being broken

Just now, SSR GOKU BLACK said:

As I pointed to other fourms it will die if Jason's not fixed like his grab broken not going to explain why as I aredy had in other fourms  also still server issues least for Xbox one and yes I have notice less people to but mybe Tom will bring some back who know I want this game to be saved but if they don't start balnace ing the game it will die I seen way to many good games die like for honor,Dragonball xenoverse 2,division good games at start up but they just couldn't keep it good half because of connection issues have because of the game being broken

Server issues aren't so bad anymore. Now it's memory leaks causing crashes on XB1.

But the games imbalance is what makes it balanced. Shift grab is vital for undead Jasons. And every counselor is not expected to survive. At most there should be one or two counselors that might escape. If you're not meeting that quota, then git gud.

I don't think it's dying. You always have the initial hype when a game is released, especially a game like this that has been anticipated for so long. There's always some sort of drop off in the player base after that. However, I haven't had any problems playing in full private matches. I still see people streaming this regularly, some since launch, so the interest is definitely still there.

I think the release of Dead By Dawn on consoles will actually help, not hinder F13. It gets people excited about these kinds of games and you'll get new people coming on board. Plus you will definitely see an increase of players any time they do an update or release DLC. This game isn't dead yet by a long shot.

6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Server issues aren't so bad anymore. Now it's memory leaks causing crashes on XB1.

But the games imbalance is what makes it balanced. Shift grab is vital for undead Jasons. And every counselor is not expected to survive. At most there should be one or two counselors that might escape. If you're not meeting that quota, then git gud.

He was probably referring to the radius of the grab maybe? What was outlined in the Balance Grab thread in Suggestions(the Reddit post in particular) is my issue with it, not really the grab itself.