Slashin' Passion

F13 Community Tournament - Planning stages

53 posts in this topic

Definitely interested and would love to provide any help I possibly can.

PSN: Dank-Kumquat

I think the rules and the prizes are fair! it's super interesting and I would love to get involved. My psn is WeAreLegion98!

Xbox One - GUMBIX 

Great idea! Hope I get chosen for it! 

IMG_1308.JPG

XBox One - XBoxOMega

p.s.

when and what time is this happening?, I have work for the next 7 days.

Ps4 Gamertag: IIXNightMateXII 

Thank you for thinking about this, lots of love from Egypt <33

One request for a rule: Jason can't have his Mic on. Kills immersion and just ends up irritating me more often than not. obviously this is a personal preference.

But Nothing more annoying to me than someone trying to be funny/clever/witty/scary as jason and failing.

And since there is competition? You know Jason's are going to gloat when they do the .1 second grab and kill someone. (I'd actually love to have rules where Jason can't do a insta grab kill unless someone is injured or something but there's no way to monitor that accept for just trusting people)

Jason didn't talk in the movies, and he certainly didn't gloat - he just moved into the next victim.

This all sounds very good. Glad to see you're getting responses already and I think the structure you have in mind should work really well.

I do think it may be a bit too fiddy to see who ended up with the most EXP points. People would probably want screenshots and stuff and even then it'd take a while to get those all sorted out.

Longest time survived, MVP (maybe have the group decide for brevity?) and first to escape are definitely good ideas. I figure you'd be the best arbiter for the Underdog moment, just a favourite happening in a single game of Tiffany fixing/repairing something or AJ flooring Jason as said or Chad managing to successfully hide without gibbering in terror and so on.

Maybe an award for the player that manages to incapacite Jason the most in a game? That'll widen it up past just weapon knockdowns into including things like the shotgun, flare gun, traps, firecrackers even. Whatever stun, knocks down or generally delays him and that would give the less physically strong counselor players a chance to win it as well.

Sign me up. T_ITAN46

I play as Adam, not many people do...

Everything makes sense so far. I'm in for whatever. Xbox gt FeedmeorsUffer.  Let me know if I can help.  If possible make it a weekend.  Couple games Saturday and finale on Sunday.  Prize categories:

Most trappings

Most team heals

DirtiestQBizzy - xbox

Looks good, but man will this be an ass load of work for you chief. If i can help I will, but my schedule is kind of up in the air on account of 2 kids and work, etc.

2 people like this

I'd highly suggest a live stream to Twitch or YouTube. 

Maybe a round or two of objective based play (must escape by car/boat, attempt to kill Jason, etc). 

A round of gameplay from the winners with the most votes.

All in all it sounds great.

thechonv2-PS4

21 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

Friday the 13th - Community Tournament - Planning stages

I'm hoping to set up a community hosted F13 Tournament on Xbox One and PS4.
Below I'm going to include some of my plans for the tournament, including my ideas for win conditions, prizes and rules. Please let me know what your thoughts are and if you have any ideas that could help make it more fun. Thanks in advance!

How will the tournament work? 

• Players will apply to be entered into the Tournament here on the forums by dropping Gamertags. A random set of players will be selected and invited to play
  • Several Tournament win conditions in a single match (One match on Xbox, one match on PS4. Please read below to view win condition ideas)
  • A strict rule set to prevent any friends teaming up, cheating, using exploits/glitches etc
  • Prizes will go to the players that hit each win condition
  • Win conditions will be a mix of 'Set in stone' conditions and community voted winners. Example - Best team player will be voted by the community. Longest time survived will be clear

Tournament win condition ideas (I need your feedback on these)

• Longest time survived
  • Most EXP points earned (Would require everyone playing to screen cap their scores at the end, too much room for error perhaps?)
  • Best team player (Voted by the community)
  • First to escape
  • Underdog (Counselors are set random. So maybe an AJ goes toe to toe with Jason and knocks him out, then survives by the skin of their teeth?)

Tournament rules (I need your feedback on these)

• Players will enter the tournament here on the forums by submitting their Gamertags
  • Gamertags will go into a random generator, 6 for Xbox and 6 for PS4 will be selected and be invited to play in the Tournament
  • 6 counselor players 
  • 1 Jason player (Preferably a trusted community/forum moderator or admin)
  • 1 Spectator (Me, watching the game, switching between players to keep an eye on win conditions etc)
  • No using cheats, exploits or glitches of any kind. Anyone caught doing this will obviously be disqualified from the Tournament
  • All players must set their counselor to random
  • Any perk set ups are permitted
  • Team kills will result in immediate disqualification
  • Players can work together or go it alone in game, there are no rules relating to helping other players or teaming up
  • If two players escape in the front seats of the car first. The two players in question will receive half of the value of the 'First to escape' prize. (Example - 2 x $25 PSN vouchers instead of one player escaping first in the car solo and receiving a $50 PSN voucher)
  • No party or private chat
  • Game chat is permitted but not required

Tournament Prize ideas (I need your feedback on these)

• Gold tier win conditions (1 for Xbox, 1 for PS4) - $50 voucher
  • Silver tier win conditions (1 for Xbox, 1 for PS4) - $20 voucher
  • Bronze tier win conditions (2 for Xbox, 2 for PS4) - $5 voucher

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a pretty good amount of interest on social media but I would love your feedback  on my ideas, thank you in advance.

Friday Tournament top.jpg

I've noticed there's a lot of gamer tags but not much feedback lol, so I'll try and make up for that haha.  (I got some good stuff, maybe too many)

First off i like it...  it won't be the easiest thing to pull off, especially in the beginning but once you have a set system it could be awesome which is what your trying to do here.

I'm supposing this would be presented through twitch or some stream so people could watch and then  place their votes.

In reality their could be so many possibilities for earning points to the top tiers.   You could even cycle some in and out...

I think one thing you didn't mention was the TOMMY FACTOR!!!!!!     How will he work into everything.  Is he like a second chance at redemption for early dying player, or is he void of giving players points since he's the best and whoever got him either already died (so their officially out) or escaped ( so it'd be unfair for the escaped player to get more points)  is calling Tommy even allowed?

That's just one thing I'm thinking of.  I think the xp screen would say a lot too in how well someone did, like u mentioned.  If there is an easy way to screen shot them and a way to monitor the cheating of the screen shot.  (Not someone using a previous high score for their xp) that would be great.

I think a sub category for team playing games could be like a team leader.  That might help with votes on top of a group working together. I know someone who knows what their doing can make a difference between a team being slaughtered and another escaping or even killing Jason.

Which is another point...  hope this isn't too long.  You wanted feedfback lol

What if like 2 or 3 people escape by car or police and there are 3 or 4 left.  They don't have car parts or the fuse can't be found for the police.  Someone is Tommy and the group decide they wanna go for the ULTIMATE tier points of killing Jason!  And they succeed.  Does that Count?  Also which way of escape would determine more points?  Or would it just be whoever got out first like u mentioned?   With that idea I could see some confusion if like 3 people all run into the cops area at same time.

Should getting the sweater go to some kind do of pointage?  Knocking off the mask? Grabbing it?

What if they're was betrayal at the car or boat?  People wanna win and get the prize, so what if someone sets the boat up and two others get in boat before him.  Is he or she at liberty to demand they get a spot and kill whoever tries to jump in?  This is a competition after all at this point.  Deception and desperation do play a part in it.  Could betrayal be done tastefully?  Idk, just a thought...  what about the accidental betrayal?  ( it does happen a lot lol)

Wow didn't mean to write this much but let me know what you think on "ALL" the ideas...  you might need a set group to decide some of these things.  I'm loving the idea and I know this would create longevity to this game for real.  I like this man awesome thoughts and job!

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Supercurt7 said:

I've noticed there's a lot of gamer tags but not much feedback lol, so I'll try and make up for that haha.  (I got some good stuff, maybe too many)

First off i like it...  it won't be the easiest thing to pull off, especially in the beginning but once you have a set system it could be awesome which is what your trying to do here.

I'm supposing this would be presented through twitch or some stream so people could watch and then  place their votes.

In reality their could be so many possibilities for earning points to the top tiers.   You could even cycle some in and out...

I think one thing you didn't mention was the TOMMY FACTOR!!!!!!     How will he work into everything.  Is he like a second chance at redemption for early dying player, or is he void of giving players points since he's the best and whoever got him either already died (so their officially out) or escaped ( so it'd be unfair for the escaped player to get more points)  is calling Tommy even allowed?

That's just one thing I'm thinking of.  I think the xp screen would say a lot too in how well someone did, like u mentioned.  If there is an easy way to screen shot them and a way to monitor the cheating of the screen shot.  (Not someone using a previous high score for their xp) that would be great.

I think a sub category for team playing games could be like a team leader.  That might help with votes on top of a group working together. I know someone who knows what their doing can make a difference between a team being slaughtered and another escaping or even killing Jason.

Which is another point...  hope this isn't too long.  You wanted feedfback lol

What if like 2 or 3 people escape by car or police and there are 3 or 4 left.  They don't have car parts or the fuse can't be found for the police.  Someone is Tommy and the group decide they wanna go for the ULTIMATE tier points of killing Jason!  And they succeed.  Does that Count?  Also which way of escape would determine more points?  Or would it just be whoever got out first like u mentioned?   With that idea I could see some confusion if like 3 people all run into the cops area at same time.

Should getting the sweater go to some kind do of pointage?  Knocking off the mask? Grabbing it?

What if they're was betrayal at the car or boat?  People wanna win and get the prize, so what if someone sets the boat up and two others get in boat before him.  Is he or she at liberty to demand they get a spot and kill whoever tries to jump in?  This is a competition after all at this point.  Deception and desperation do play a part in it.  Could betrayal be done tastefully?  Idk, just a thought...  what about the accidental betrayal?  ( it does happen a lot lol)

Wow didn't mean to write this much but let me know what you think on "ALL" the ideas...  you might need a set group to decide some of these things.  I'm loving the idea and I know this would create longevity to this game for real.  I like this man awesome thoughts and job!

Your feedback is super appreciated mate, it's not too much at all.

I'll take it all into account before editing the thread and setting the rules in stone.

Cheers!

1 person likes this

PSN TAG: Yoarashi_42

Thanks for having such a nice idea!

btw. It will be a pain in the ass to play. if there are 2 from the USA, 2 from EU and 2 from Asia.

that ping over 998. :cry:

1 person likes this

lHeart Breakerl - Xbox one

Keep in mind the handles at the side of my GT are lower case "L's".

1 person likes this

PSN: KingSwagsuke

Interested for sure. If you need any help, let me know!