Kal Alexander

ANYONE ELSE KICKED FOR USING SAVINI JASON?

134 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Rok73 said:

Uh, I'll just throw in that Savini Jason by far isn't the best Jason in the game. And you still have to be able to play Jason properly. So, absolutely no reason to quit...

What are you talking about, shift and destruction bonuses, weapon damage bonus so that 1 melee will probably make them limp, and no real weaknesses unless they get a motorboat going.  It's objectively the strongest Jason.

The only one close is Part 9 Jason due to him also having a shift bonus with no morph penalty (like part 6 has), but he can't 3 hit barricaded doors and make people limp in 1 melee attack.  He also has a worse penalty in that he only has 3 traps.  Savini gets 5 traps like most other Jasons , can't run is a standard weakness for 5 of the 7 possible Jasons., water speed is niche so it probably won't hurt you that bad, and grip strength doesn't matter when most people use instant executes.

48 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

What are you talking about, shift and destruction bonuses, weapon damage bonus so that 1 melee will probably make them limp, and no real weaknesses unless they get a motorboat going.  It's objectively the strongest Jason.

The only one close is Part 9 Jason due to him also having a shift bonus with no morph penalty (like part 6 has), but he can't 3 hit barricaded doors and make people limp in 1 melee attack.  He also has a worse penalty in that he only has 3 traps.  Savini gets 5 traps like most other Jasons , can't run is a standard weakness for 5 of the 7 possible Jasons., water speed is niche so it probably won't hurt you that bad, and grip strength doesn't matter when most people use instant executes.

Do you even have this Jason? It takes more than one hit to make someone limp... He can also be stunned very easy. I don't think he is any more OP than the others.

Rok73 likes this

1 hour ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I myself do not have him, but if he can make you limp in 1 hit then thats a little OP. 

Its easy to hit someone atleast once.

17 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

Do you even have this Jason? It takes more than one hit to make someone limp... He can also be stunned very easy. I don't think he is any more OP than the others.

He doesn't have a stun resistance negative like part 3. or a defense penalty like part 6 or part 2.  or even a less hitpoints penalty like part 9 (that really only matters if you're trying to kill him), he's no easier to stun than any other Jason and his weaknesses are virtually inconsequential.  If you have a map with no speedboat and are Savini Jason you have no weaknesses.

Shift and destruction bonuses together are incredibly powerful, because you can quickly force counselors out of cabins where you can shift and catch them in the open easy.I was playing part 8 for the destruction bonus but not having a shift bonus meant I was less mobile, now I'm part 9 and while I can shift a lot it takes more time to bust into a cabin giving them longer to recover stamina, scavenge for items and weapons, etc.    Savini Jason has powerful pros with "wow it's fucking nothing" cons.  Compare to Part 2 who has a morph bonus but shift penalty and defense penalty (meaning he can be stunned even while in combat stance blocking), compare to part 3 who has no movement bonuses his only real benefit is that he can jog and has weapon strength so easier limping, maybe it's 2 hits rather than 1 but it takes more for a non part 3 or Savini Jason, and part 3 also has a stun resistance weakness.  Part 6 has a shift bonus but a morph penalty, hurting his ability to manage objectives, he also has a defense penalty making him easier to fight in a group  Throwing knife bonus is wow it's nothing because you just pick up throwing knives..  Part 7 is all kinds of sad wrapped into 1 Jason, I don't know what they were thinking there.  Water speed is niche, grip strength is only for showing off environmental kills if they don't have pocket knives, and a shift penalty on a zombie Jason is crippling, not to mention only 3 traps so he can't even control objectives very well.  

No Jason has as stacked of pros and cons as Savini.

4 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

He doesn't have a stun resistance negative like part 3. or a defense penalty like part 6 or part 2.  or even a less hitpoints penalty like part 9 (that really only matters if you're trying to kill him), he's no easier to stun than any other Jason and his weaknesses are virtually inconsequential.  If you have a map with no speedboat and are Savini Jason you have no weaknesses.

Shift and destruction bonuses together are incredibly powerful, because you can quickly force counselors out of cabins where you can shift and catch them in the open easy.I was playing part 8 for the destruction bonus but not having a shift bonus meant I was less mobile, now I'm part 9 and while I can shift a lot it takes more time to bust into a cabin giving them longer to recover stamina, scavenge for items and weapons, etc.    Savini Jason has powerful pros with "wow it's fucking nothing" cons.  Compare to Part 2 who has a morph bonus but shift penalty and defense penalty (meaning he can be stunned even while in combat stance blocking), compare to part 3 who has no movement bonuses his only real benefit is that he can jog and has weapon strength so easier limping, maybe it's 2 hits rather than 1 but it takes more for a non part 3 or Savini Jason, and part 3 also has a stun resistance weakness.  Part 6 has a shift bonus but a morph penalty, hurting his ability to manage objectives, he also has a defense penalty making him easier to fight in a group  Throwing knife bonus is wow it's nothing because you just pick up throwing knives..  Part 7 is all kinds of sad wrapped into 1 Jason, I don't know what they were thinking there.  Water speed is niche, grip strength is only for showing off environmental kills if they don't have pocket knives, and a shift penalty on a zombie Jason is crippling, not to mention only 3 traps so he can't even control objectives very well.  

Jason pt.6 is a destroyer, I like 8 as well. Savini J (for me) isn't better or stronger than 6 e.g. You'll have to admit that it's also depending on how you play the Jasons. There are different strategies really. That's what I am talking about. Your opinion is all good & fine but don't force it, pls.

Not to forget, If you have a really decent group of counselors I don't really care which Jason I'm playing against.

I have not been able to prove this myself but maybe they leave when they see the Savini Jason because I heard he is the only Jason capable of hitting players when they're in glitched spots on the map due to the long pitchfork?

Can anyone confirm this?

Some little kid invited me to his group Saturday, kicked me, then re-invited me. He told me to change my Jason or get kicked. I told him don't bother, and left. I will not change what Jason I want to play at the moment to appease someone with a misinformed opinion. It's why I try as often as possible to play with some friends I've made in the game, who will vouch for the fact that I will wreck shop just as much with Part 7 as I can with Savini Jason....it's all about the person playing Jason.

7 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

lol no...

I was kicked from a lobby immediately after joining for having a Savini Jason in my loadout. A buddy defended the choice and was kicked first. I didn't even say anything because it was quite obvious the host wasn't interested in hearing anything.

I have also been referred as being pay to win and even called a cheater by some kid who flipped out over being killed by traps while using the Savini Jason.

Most people are excited and somewhat scared to see the Savini Jason due to it's rarity. They are often appreciative and understand it's exclusivity when it is explained how that character was acquired as part of funding the game. The others are relying on misinformation and will likely never accept what you have to say.

lHeartBreakerl likes this

10 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol no...

Nice refute I mean you're truly a scholar, you sure did prove me wrong with your reasoning and logic.  So which Jason is more powerful than Savini?  I'll wait.

10 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

I was kicked from a lobby immediately after joining for having a Savini Jason in my loadout. A buddy defended the choice and was kicked first. I didn't even say anything because it was quite obvious the host wasn't interested in hearing anything.

I have also been referred as being pay to win and even called a cheater by some kid who flipped out over being killed by traps while using the Savini Jason.

Most people are excited and somewhat scared to see the Savini Jason due to it's rarity. They are often appreciative and understand it's exclusivity when it is explained how that character was acquired as part of funding the game. The others are relying on misinformation and will likely never accept what you have to say.

Savini Jason should just be a reskin/weapon swap that shares stats with part 9 Jason or something.

I have played in about 5 or so lobbies with SJ and in these matches no one said anything about SJ at all, no I hate you because you have him no you're a cheater hell not even a what jason is that. In one match the SV jason warped to the main cabin at the start of the game where I was spawned I ran into the kitchen grabbed a pot and stunned the carp out him, he hit me with his spear before hand also and didn't stun me but I forget which counselor I was on(don't know if that makes a difference). As far him being able to reach people in glitch spots I do not know his fork is pretty long but so is the spear and I mostly see throwing knifes used for the glitchers.

7 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Nice refute I mean you're truly a scholar, you sure did prove me wrong with your reasoning and logic.  So which Jason is more powerful than Savini?  I'll wait.

Part 6 and Part 9 are better.

Whenever I play on Xbox I host a private match and I have gathered a good team of players and we all enjoy the game together but if I'm playing alone I make sure I'm hosting the game.

People kicking a player for having an exclusive item is pretty damn low...

2 minutes ago, TastyChurro said:

Part 6 and Part 9 are better.

Not even close.  They have the same shift bonus, without the destruction bonus, and both of them have weaknesses that make controlling multiple objectives harder.  9 can only set 3 traps, which means he can only triple trap the phones and cannot save any traps for later, or not triple trap the phones and make it easier for counselors to put a 5 minute timer on the match.  6 has a morph penalty which makes him less mobile than Savini Jason

It makes no sense for Savini Jason to be 'pay to win'. For those of us who backed the game, we bought him before we knew his abilities and for some of us, even his appearance. How could he be pay to win if we didn't even know what we were getting?

As for the 'Savini Jason is OP' comments, honestly it really depends on how you play Jason. A lot of people say part 7 is the 'weakest', but that's completely subjective. Part 7 would cater to someone who wants environmental kills - which give more experience - and for players who don't like taking a lot of time to find stealthers. Part 7 is really tough to hide from and if he grabs you, the only way you're getting out is with a pocket knife. He'll still insta-kill you like anyone else. Part 9 may have a few less traps, but using stalk around objectives and patrolling would make up for this weakness. Bear in mind that using stalk will also make microphones easier to hear, so listening closely would make up for the lack of traps.

As for part 6's morph penalty, he makes up for it with a more powerful sense ability and a load of throwing knives. I'd say for part 6, using morph as an objective response would be a better way of playing him, and use his fast shift recharge to get around.

Savini Jason has strengths and weaknesses that will cater to a relentless chaser type player. He's difficult to hide from, but it's really easy for Jenny in particular to escape his grasp. If you end up against a player who just goes for grab kills really quick then it's not that big of a weakness, but if you want the maximum amount of XP per game he's not the ideal one to play. Plus for any player who's got a good Thick Skinned perk, that weapon damage doesn't have the same effect as it would on a counsellor without it. It'll still take a good 4-5 whacks to put someone down, which is plenty of time to get a dodge in followed up by a sprint in a different direction.

Ghostboy20 and DamonD7 like this

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It makes no sense for Savini Jason to be 'pay to win'. For those of us who backed the game, we bought him before we knew his abilities and for some of us, even his appearance. How could he be pay to win if we didn't even know what we were getting?

As for the 'Savini Jason is OP' comments, honestly it really depends on how you play Jason. A lot of people say part 7 is the 'weakest', but that's completely subjective. Part 7 would cater to someone who wants environmental kills - which give more experience - and for players who don't like taking a lot of time to find stealthers. Part 9 may have a few less traps, but using stalk around objectives and patrolling would make up for this weakness. Bear in mind that using stalk will also make microphones easier to hear, so listening closely would make up for the lack of traps.

As for part 6's morph penalty, he makes up for it with a more powerful sense ability and a load of throwing knives. I'd say for part 6, using morph as an objective response would be a better way of playing him, and use his fast shift recharge to get around.

Savini Jason has strengths and weaknesses that will cater to a relentless chaser type player. He's difficult to hide from, but it's really easy for Jenny in particular to escape his grasp. If you end up against a player who just goes for grab kills really quick then it's not that big of a weakness, but if you want the maximum amount of XP per game he's not the ideal one to play.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's how you play the game. Each Jason fits a person's playstyle. 

I thought this was kinda relevant.

I was in a match recently where someone was asking me about the Savini skin. I told him that it was a kickstarter and backer exclusive. He understood and actually thanked me for backing it so that we're playing it today.

I actually didn't know how to respond to that. I thanked him, but told him that people donated way more than my small contribution. 

I just thought it'd be good to share that among all dis.

3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

A lot of people say part 7 is the 'weakest', but that's completely subjective. Part 7 would cater to someone who wants environmental kills - which give more experience - and for players who don't like taking a lot of time to find stealthers. Part 9 may have a few less traps, but using stalk around objectives and patrolling would make up for this weakness. Bear in mind that using stalk will also make microphones easier to hear, so listening closely would make up for the lack of traps.

I was in a match yesterday where someone was part 7 and everyone else in the lobby was taunting him saying "Oh it's the shitty Jason" and "We're gonna live". I just kept my mouth shut. He ended up getting 8/8 and was taunting everyone after the game. I kinda laughed with him.

Ghostboy20 likes this