Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GlaciusTS

Ideas For Gun Media's Next Project

45 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2017 at 4:04 AM, Ban_All_Music said:

I am not bothering quoting the poster because someone else will just post about it. 

NO ELM STREET. EVER. 

At least not from Gun. I have explained why before, but here is a summary. Elm Street is a story driven franchise with deeper themes and real character arcs, which means the game needs an actual story. Yes, Freddy is cool and the deaths are ridiculously creative, but at its heart...story. As for deeper themes..Elm Street 1, Nancy learning to accept the things she can't change. Elm Street 2, Mark learning to accept himself. Elm Street 3, overcoming and accepting your flaws as strength. Elm Street 4, not letting others dictate who you are. Elm Street 5, abortion. Freddy's Dead, social commentary on kids no one wants. New Nightmare, the real life ramifications of starring in a successful slasher.

Friday the 13th had Chris's possible sexual assault that was kinda glossed over. And a pregnant woman casually died. That was about as deep as it gets thematically.

And Elm Street would not work as an asymmetrical horror game since Freddy preys on their individual fears, not whatever is lying around like the rest of the slashers. 

I will have to agree with you on that but it should still be made but not in this style 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, Ban_All_Music said:

I am not bothering quoting the poster because someone else will just post about it. 

NO ELM STREET. EVER. 

At least not from Gun. I have explained why before, but here is a summary. Elm Street is a story driven franchise with deeper themes and real character arcs, which means the game needs an actual story. Yes, Freddy is cool and the deaths are ridiculously creative, but at its heart...story. As for deeper themes..Elm Street 1, Nancy learning to accept the things she can't change. Elm Street 2, Mark learning to accept himself. Elm Street 3, overcoming and accepting your flaws as strength. Elm Street 4, not letting others dictate who you are. Elm Street 5, abortion. Freddy's Dead, social commentary on kids no one wants. New Nightmare, the real life ramifications of starring in a successful slasher.

Friday the 13th had Chris's possible sexual assault that was kinda glossed over. And a pregnant woman casually died. That was about as deep as it gets thematically.

And Elm Street would not work as an asymmetrical horror game since Freddy preys on their individual fears, not whatever is lying around like the rest of the slashers. 

Yes to all of the above. Especially the character arcs and themes of the NIGHTMARE films. The fact that the scripts had actual character arcs tied to themes centering around the protagonists' flaws elevate them to ACTUAL cinematic narratives. Coupled with a uniquely creative and mythological high concept and it's no wonder NIGHTMARE smashed all other slashers at the box office.

I'd love for them to tackle the Halloween franchise next. And I already know somebody will reiterate "but Myers was in DBD!" I don't think that really matters considering, as stated earlier, he's only a guest character & not the focus of the game. If Gun Media were going to tackle any other franchise, for me it has to be Halloween. I want almost nothing more than to play as the Shape as well as Rob Zombie's version of Myers (specifically H2 Myers).

C'mon, Gun, let's make this shit happen! :D

...I'm thinking they should stay away from any sort of mainstream franchise. They're indie developers and they can't think outside of that box. I wouldn't trust them again. Fool me once... blah blah blah.

On 7/6/2017 at 3:04 AM, bewareofbears said:

...I'm thinking they should stay away from any sort of mainstream franchise. They're indie developers and they can't think outside of that box. I wouldn't trust them again. Fool me once... blah blah blah.

Until there's some sort of reconciliation (which is a long shot). I'll have to agree with you there.

I'll still buy all the dlc for this game just to support further dlc. Just to see how far this game can go before its inevitablely shut down.

They promised the "end all be all" of f13 games and I'll contribute to make sure we get that, God damnit.

I like that you're being creative, but let's fix the problems with F13 before going too willy nilly with new projects.

Sounds cool, though.

On July 11, 2017 at 0:49 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Until there's some sort of reconciliation (which is a long shot). I'll have to agree with you there.

I'll still buy all the dlc for this game just to support further dlc. Just to see how far this game can go before its inevitablely shut down.

They promised the "end all be all" of f13 games and I'll contribute to make sure we get that, God damnit.

Yea, I'm in the same boat... though I'd skip a clothing pack if it was more of the same. 

On ‎2017‎年‎7‎月‎14‎日 at 3:56 PM, bewareofbears said:

Yea, I'm in the same boat... though I'd skip a clothing pack if it was more of the same. 

I call BS.

You LOVE those clothing packs.

:)

2 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I call BS.

You LOVE those clothing packs.

:)

1 person likes this

@GlaciusTS - I think your entire idea put together sounds like it could be a ton of fun, and has a lot of potential. You can see that some thought was put into it, and I would personally love to play it, although it would have probably got the attention it deserves with a different thread title, since all people seem to be fixating on is "But F13 is not even finished yet" etc etc, which in all fairness, I do agree, it's VERY far from finished, and should quite honestly still be called a BETA since 90% of the bugs are BETA level, some even ALPHA level bugs, but in general, lets say in a perfect world where F13 was finished with no issues, and Gun started working on a fresh project, your idea to me personally is brilliant and very captivating, something I would definitely play.

Not going to be a popular opinion but:

I'd prefer if a bigger developer/publishing duo just ripped this game off and did it right. Either that,or they get the rights to a horror franchise. No more "indie devs/small teams" plz.

15 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Not going to be a popular opinion but:

I'd prefer if a bigger developer/publishing duo just ripped this game off and did it right. Either that,or they get the rights to a horror franchise. No more "indie devs/small teams" plz.

I agree. This franchise is too big to have a small publisher calling the shots. The authenticity is great but it's come with so much baggage and ineptitude.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:04 AM, bewareofbears said:

I honestly can't agree there. I'd love to see them tackle the Halloween franchise. F13th has been a learning experience and considering the game has been successful enough to allow for them to grow and expand, I think they'd be able to pull it off without as many of the hiccups that were present with F13th. I'd absolutely trust them with doing that. I'd fund the shit out of a Halloween game. haha

2 hours ago, Emperiex said:

I honestly can't agree there. I'd love to see them tackle the Halloween franchise. F13th has been a learning experience and considering the game has been successful enough to allow for them to grow and expand, I think they'd be able to pull it off without as many of the hiccups that were present with F13th. I'd absolutely trust them with doing that. I'd fund the shit out of a Halloween game. haha

My days of helping to fund video games are over. This whole process has soured me on the Kickstarter/Backerkit thing. There's still so many unfulfilled rewards and promises.

I'd love to see a Halloween game but I'd rather see a better established company handle it. I don't have any interest in a 1 vs. 7 multiplayer game for Halloween either. I'd play it but I'd prefer something focused on story and stealth.

A free roam Halloween game with quick play and private match just like Friday the 13th, but would also feature a single player, which would involve the possibility of either doing missions or just freely roaming Haddonfield. The game would have side quests when not playing missions, and Michael Myers, Laurie, or Loomis can earn points by finding certain things hidden around town such as masks, tapes, artifacts, easter eggs, etc to earn PSN trophies. Loomis would be exclusive to single player and you would get the chance to play him, and would have a hand gun that miraculously holds seven bullets as a tongue in cheek reference to the plot hole in H2 where he fires an extra shot. There would be nine playable Michaels, two of which would have skin variants. H2 Michael would have a blood tears option, RZH2 would have the option of either being the Michael from the beginning of the movie or "hobo Myers", and the kickstarter reward, much like the Savini Jason was for Friday the 13th, could be the bandaged Michael Myers from Halloween 4 which comes equipped with a pipe.

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

My days of helping to fund video games are over. This whole process has soured me on the Kickstarter/Backerkit thing. There's still so many unfulfilled rewards and promises.

I'd love to see a Halloween game but I'd rather see a better established company handle it. I don't have any interest in a 1 vs. 7 multiplayer game for Halloween either. I'd play it but I'd prefer something focused on story and stealth.

I understand that. But honestly I was thinking if Gun did take this on, it'd be best to do the reverse to F13th. Do single player first and maybe later down the road implement multiplayer. I agree about the story and stealth advent because Myers is more about both than Jason is.

I can also understand you being soured on the experience. I'm just so much of a Myers stan that I desperately want to be able to run around killing people as the Shape and as Rob Zombie's version of the character. :D

1 hour ago, Emperiex said:

I understand that. But honestly I was thinking if Gun did take this on, it'd be best to do the reverse to F13th. Do single player first and maybe later down the road implement multiplayer. I agree about the story and stealth advent because Myers is more about both than Jason is.

I can also understand you being soured on the experience. I'm just so much of a Myers stan that I desperately want to be able to run around killing people as the Shape and as Rob Zombie's version of the character. :D

The writing in this game is atrocious. I wouldn't trust them with Halloween. It would be Rob Zombie's Halloween 3. 

Eh, that's your opinion and that's fine. I personally think they'd do well with making a Halloween game. And if it were Rob Zombie's Halloween, considering I'm a fan of his two films, that'd only pique my interest further.

5 hours ago, Emperiex said:

I don't want them anywhere near Halloween. Nothing in this entire process has shown the ability to handle a Halloween game.

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't want them anywhere near Halloween. Nothing in this entire process has shown the ability to handle a Halloween game.

Like I said, that's your opinion on the matter and that's fine. But I'm quite confident they'd be capable of handling it. It's not as if Halloween is exactly the most complex franchise of all time. Not. Even. Close.