Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GlaciusTS

Ideas For Gun Media's Next Project

35 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2017 at 4:04 AM, Ban_All_Music said:

I am not bothering quoting the poster because someone else will just post about it. 

NO ELM STREET. EVER. 

At least not from Gun. I have explained why before, but here is a summary. Elm Street is a story driven franchise with deeper themes and real character arcs, which means the game needs an actual story. Yes, Freddy is cool and the deaths are ridiculously creative, but at its heart...story. As for deeper themes..Elm Street 1, Nancy learning to accept the things she can't change. Elm Street 2, Mark learning to accept himself. Elm Street 3, overcoming and accepting your flaws as strength. Elm Street 4, not letting others dictate who you are. Elm Street 5, abortion. Freddy's Dead, social commentary on kids no one wants. New Nightmare, the real life ramifications of starring in a successful slasher.

Friday the 13th had Chris's possible sexual assault that was kinda glossed over. And a pregnant woman casually died. That was about as deep as it gets thematically.

And Elm Street would not work as an asymmetrical horror game since Freddy preys on their individual fears, not whatever is lying around like the rest of the slashers. 

I will have to agree with you on that but it should still be made but not in this style 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, Ban_All_Music said:

I am not bothering quoting the poster because someone else will just post about it. 

NO ELM STREET. EVER. 

At least not from Gun. I have explained why before, but here is a summary. Elm Street is a story driven franchise with deeper themes and real character arcs, which means the game needs an actual story. Yes, Freddy is cool and the deaths are ridiculously creative, but at its heart...story. As for deeper themes..Elm Street 1, Nancy learning to accept the things she can't change. Elm Street 2, Mark learning to accept himself. Elm Street 3, overcoming and accepting your flaws as strength. Elm Street 4, not letting others dictate who you are. Elm Street 5, abortion. Freddy's Dead, social commentary on kids no one wants. New Nightmare, the real life ramifications of starring in a successful slasher.

Friday the 13th had Chris's possible sexual assault that was kinda glossed over. And a pregnant woman casually died. That was about as deep as it gets thematically.

And Elm Street would not work as an asymmetrical horror game since Freddy preys on their individual fears, not whatever is lying around like the rest of the slashers. 

Yes to all of the above. Especially the character arcs and themes of the NIGHTMARE films. The fact that the scripts had actual character arcs tied to themes centering around the protagonists' flaws elevate them to ACTUAL cinematic narratives. Coupled with a uniquely creative and mythological high concept and it's no wonder NIGHTMARE smashed all other slashers at the box office.

I'd love for them to tackle the Halloween franchise next. And I already know somebody will reiterate "but Myers was in DBD!" I don't think that really matters considering, as stated earlier, he's only a guest character & not the focus of the game. If Gun Media were going to tackle any other franchise, for me it has to be Halloween. I want almost nothing more than to play as the Shape as well as Rob Zombie's version of Myers (specifically H2 Myers).

C'mon, Gun, let's make this shit happen! :D

...I'm thinking they should stay away from any sort of mainstream franchise. They're indie developers and they can't think outside of that box. I wouldn't trust them again. Fool me once... blah blah blah.

On 7/6/2017 at 3:04 AM, bewareofbears said:

...I'm thinking they should stay away from any sort of mainstream franchise. They're indie developers and they can't think outside of that box. I wouldn't trust them again. Fool me once... blah blah blah.

Until there's some sort of reconciliation (which is a long shot). I'll have to agree with you there.

I'll still buy all the dlc for this game just to support further dlc. Just to see how far this game can go before its inevitablely shut down.

They promised the "end all be all" of f13 games and I'll contribute to make sure we get that, God damnit.

I like that you're being creative, but let's fix the problems with F13 before going too willy nilly with new projects.

Sounds cool, though.

On July 11, 2017 at 0:49 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Until there's some sort of reconciliation (which is a long shot). I'll have to agree with you there.

I'll still buy all the dlc for this game just to support further dlc. Just to see how far this game can go before its inevitablely shut down.

They promised the "end all be all" of f13 games and I'll contribute to make sure we get that, God damnit.

Yea, I'm in the same boat... though I'd skip a clothing pack if it was more of the same. 

On ‎2017‎年‎7‎月‎14‎日 at 3:56 PM, bewareofbears said:

Yea, I'm in the same boat... though I'd skip a clothing pack if it was more of the same. 

I call BS.

You LOVE those clothing packs.

:)

@GlaciusTS - I think your entire idea put together sounds like it could be a ton of fun, and has a lot of potential. You can see that some thought was put into it, and I would personally love to play it, although it would have probably got the attention it deserves with a different thread title, since all people seem to be fixating on is "But F13 is not even finished yet" etc etc, which in all fairness, I do agree, it's VERY far from finished, and should quite honestly still be called a BETA since 90% of the bugs are BETA level, some even ALPHA level bugs, but in general, lets say in a perfect world where F13 was finished with no issues, and Gun started working on a fresh project, your idea to me personally is brilliant and very captivating, something I would definitely play.