FreddyKruegerfan66

Quitters & friendly-fire. Its single-handedly destroying the game.

56 posts in this topic

Just now, Emperiex said:

This makes no sense at all. I play on PC & I rarely crash, if ever. And if I do, it's usually because my laptop needs to be restarted. They're rage-quitters, stop making excuses for them.

Sorry, more specifically:

You said, anyone who doesn't think rage quitters are a problem is in denial.

To which I replied, or they are on PC.

When someone quits on pc I may lose a few points as Jason, but I do not lose the whole match. I also do not lose much if the jason quits on me. I get at least 500 points. Not that xp is the end all beall, I get wanting to have a full match with all the excitement and the running and the chasing and the whatnot, but on PC we lose very little.

My understanding, and I could be wrong here, but, on console you lose everything if the host drops out. You get nothing.

So, as I am on PC is do not see it as a serious problem and I do not feel I am in denial, I am just in a different game state than the others.

I'm not saying it's a huge loss if they quit because I suck it up and move on to the other counselors, just that it's annoying and the kill should automatically count once it starts so even if they quit, it still counts on your tally. I think that'd be a fair trade...either that or remove the ability to quit once the kill is initiated.

Penalizing people for leaving the match early just isn't going to happen, and I'll explain to you why just as you tried to give your reasons.

Firstly, the game doesn't require a max number of people for the game to launch.  You're assuming you'll kill that extra player that dropped.  He could very well fix the car and drive 3 others out with him leaving you with much less than a single kill.

Second, many of these people got this game to be Jason.  They have no interest being otherwise.

Third, you cannot force people to play just so you can have a "good time" yourself.  Nothing more selfish than that.  You lose absolutely nothing by them dropping.  They're just as likely to escape and help others and you were to kill them.  I've been in games where I'm Jason and theres 2-3 people in there.  It is what it is.  You ultimately don't want these people in the game with you which brings me to my next point

Fourthly if you ban people for leaving early you have no reason why they may have disconnected.  You're much more likely to lose gamers this way if you get dced for whatever reason- and have to wait 20 minutes for a game.  I'll guarantee you'll be seeing people demanding refunds at an extraordinary degree and that's not a good business practice.

Finally, you'll just have people that will now grief or go suicide themselves just as the game starts.  As I said you DO NOT want these people in your game because they're not going to help you anyways.

And you wanted an answer to your problems so here it is: game only with friends and all your issues will be resolved....

On 6/15/2017 at 6:11 PM, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Im ruining the game?... because I dont want chaos and matches that end the MOMENT they begin because 3 players leave and then the others give up because beating a good jason with 4 people or less is IMPOSSIBLE. 

Are you completely out of your mind, man...... 

I am absolutely not overreacting when this shit happens all the time. I dont want to punish anyone who quits after they die, IF tommy jarvis has spawned. When have I ever said that? Oh right. I HAVEN'T. Nice assumption there. Yet you dare say I should think before I speak. Hypocrite I want to punish those leaving the moment it begins because they arent jason and that affects team psychology. 

And the price of the game, no matter how high does NOT entitle anyone to just do whatever they want when its multiplayer. You could literally use that excuse to argue we need cheats. What...are you an anarchist? 

You want this game to turn into Rust? Or something alike. 

Know what, I'm done. I've already explained the problems quitting in my opening post.  If you're too lazy to read or just dont bother because you're probably a quitter yourself... you are, aren't you...then I wont bother continuing this discussion. 

You've made nothing but insults, assumptions and excuses for behavior that is very destructive and hurts the councillors chances to win. 

Your bottomline culminates in nothing but players doing whatever they want without being penalized. Something I've already explained that the trolls and quitters that leave after they die... dont care remotely about because its just points. 

Final note. In case you dont get it still because your apologist mentality or bias goes beyond your sense of rationality. 

If 2 players quit the match from the beginning and jason gets 1 kill... thats right around 50 % of the councillor team thats gone. That is a big deal when this game is teamwork dependent to the DETRIMENT. 

Say whatever you want. You clearly have no idea what you talking about, not listed any statistics yet, nor replied if you're a quitter. All in all summarizes that you got a hand in play here and you dont want to be penalized for being part of the problem. 

I can't wait for the singleplayer. 

All of this arguing is pointless. Like someone e else mentioned earlier, there are too many glitches with this game still, to have to punish someone from leaving. I lag out all of the time, a lot of times right as the game starts. I have also had to quit right in the middle of the match to take my wife to the hospital due to a chronic illness she suffers from. Why should I be punished for leaving. The people we need to concentrate on are the ones going around killing the counselors and using glitches to hide outside of the map. There needs to be a way for the host to kick those players. 

Freddy, I'm not sure at this point how many hours you have in, but I've maxed out all the badges, am level 101. and have every trophy except for 1000 matches played as Jason and the (as of now) glitched PhD in Murder trophy. I didn't really understand why people would leave at the beginning of the match, but I do now. There are many players, like myself, who are trying to achieve 1000 matches played as Jason and it's impossibly time-consuming when more than half of lobby hosts rage-quit as soon as they're killed. And the answer isn't "host your own lobby, then". I did that last night and was picked as Jason ONCE in 18 matches. So by your logic it's more fair that I play maybe 18000 matches to satisfy one trophy than for you to have a tougher time surviving because maybe two counselors leave at the beginning of each game when they're not Jason? Well here's something to ponder: either I'm one of the luckiest most skilled players alive or you're one of the most unlucky, unskilled players alive because while it IS more difficult to survive with less counselors in a game, unless I'm playing with friends I'm escaping of my own sole efforts most of the time anyways, because most of the other players are either without mics, in party chat, or complete idiots. Most matches I play with randoms end with a screen of four dead counselors and me having escaped.

The problems at this point have gone on too long. if there had been dedicated servers or host migration from the start this type of thing wouldn't have happened. But as is, what motivation do I have to stick through a horde of games as a counselor, hoping that maybe I might get one game in as Jason, and then have the host close the lobby five rounds in and having to start over elsewhere? Are you really that surprised that people quit at the beginning of the round?

The past several times I've played as Jason, the host has left almost every time. It gets insanely annoying, so I completely sympathize with your idea.