FreddyKruegerfan66

Quitters & friendly-fire. Its single-handedly destroying the game.

53 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

IM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE A TOPIC< YOU DID! you offered no solutions to the problem just that people should be punished which is not going to solve it.

 

here make this suggestion : when people leave before they are dead have AI take over <- thats a solution .

I gave solutions. You just didn't bother reading them. And again... it WILL fix the problem. Because people like YOU...will get banned from entering matches over and over and leaving right from the start, causing others to feel demoralized and follow your example. A bot should not frequently replace players just because people feel like abandoning their team. There aren't even AI yet... and we dont even know if it will be good. There are COUNTLESS examples of incompetent AI teammates that players in game downright give up on. Such as Total War games. 

Plus...if you once again bothered reading... you'd see I gave several examples and explained why those could fail. Because unlike YOU...I'm a realist. Not utterly delusional. Case in point: You saying you shouldn't have rules in games because they cost 40 bucks. Lol. 

Absolutely insane argument.... but this is where your hypocricy enters. YOU dont wanna follow the rules. You just wanna do whatever. No matter the impact is has on those AROUND you. The team, your fellow players. 

 

And that, sir... is my point. 

 

15 hours ago, Tattooey said:

An option to turn off friendly fire in private session is a much needed feature. I've joined a match yesterday was picked randomly as jason. Last survivor almost escaped in a vehicle but caught him a good 50 feet away. The amount of hate speech that proceeded after the game ended was obsessive. He convinced an entire lobby full of random players no friends to team kill me the next match & wait the entire 20 minute timer to deplete because of his  inability to control his anger because he lost a session.

 

the amount of people who play as a counselor & rage after dying is astronomical. Now I understand & have pretty good tolerance for all the trash talking that occurs but to make it your mission to try to ruin the game for other players because you got beat fair & square is pathetic. 

A good point, man. I experienced similar issues with players that are grouped and if one of their teammates are jason, they run up to their fellow councillors and tell you over the mic: Jason is my friend. 

Then proceeds to bash you over the head as you try to repair the phone or car. 

Its completely idiotic. And this isn't even trolling. Just sabotage to help their mates and get away easily. Zero stopping it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

[overly long rant with heaps of unnecessary adjectives]

 

I can't wait for the singleplayer. 

Judging by your posts, I have to agree that we'll all be better off once singleplayer arrives :)

The occasional annoyance doesn't necessitate overly broad rules that harm regular gameplay (unintentional disconnects, needing to melee to death someone deliberately blocking you into to a bathroom, etc), much less the wasting of scarce dev time on implementing said rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it WILL fix the problem. Because people like YOU...will get banned from entering matches over and over and leaving right from the start,

prove i do this, prove it i dare you because you have yet to show it and never will.

keep throwing insults and allegations and assumptions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, derrickkolba said:

it WILL fix the problem. Because people like YOU...will get banned from entering matches over and over and leaving right from the start,

prove i do this, prove it i dare you because you have yet to show it and lever will.

keep throwing insults and allegations and assumptions.

 

 

I will man... as long as you do since you were the one who began. 

Again... You're hypocrite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Judging by your posts, I have to agree that we'll all be better off once singleplayer arrives :)

The occasional annoyance doesn't necessitate overly broad rules that harm regular gameplay (unintentional disconnects, needing to melee to death someone deliberately blocking you into to a bathroom, etc), much less the wasting of scarce dev time on implementing said rules. 

you cant tell some  people because dont want to listen to logic and common sense or they are just full of them self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Judging by your posts, I have to agree that we'll all be better off once singleplayer arrives :)

The occasional annoyance doesn't necessitate overly broad rules that harm regular gameplay (unintentional disconnects, needing to melee to death someone deliberately blocking you into to a bathroom, etc), much less the wasting of scarce dev time on implementing said rules. 

I see your point, Lecter. I do. I dont think I'm asking for much either. Just an option to turn off friendly fire and something alike CS GO to stop the opportunistic quitting done by players that only wanna play jason. No matter how demoralizing it is for the team to lose 2-3 players the moment the game begins. 

 

Regardless. As you said. Singleplayer will help a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I also encounter this issue as well. It's very rare a full game commences without somebody instantly quiting because they aren't jason. It's contagious. Once one player leaves before the game starts others tend to follow that trend because it's no longer a full session. Rainbow Six Siege temp bans players for quiting a match before it's over. Also can earn you a demotion in rank.

perhaps if someone leaves the match earlier they cannot play another online match for a certain amount of time or the game will force them to complete 3 full matches before they can be able to be picked as jason. Doesn't mean after 3 matches they will become jason but they will allowed to be randomly picked if the game chooses. Could be 3 games could be 5 could be more or less. Either way this would prevent people from spamming matches only trying to play as jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could return this game, I can't play a round without being killed by another player. Sometimes it's because I have something they want but the majority of the time its because they think its funny. I read that a update will punish guest who kill others by taking away XP points, I doubt this will work. Maybe I'll wait a month try playing again but till this problem is fixed I'm recommending to all my friends to not buy this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LoveUnsurpassed said:

I wish I could return this game, I can't play a round without being killed by another player. Sometimes it's because I have something they want but the majority of the time its because they think its funny. I read that a update will punish guest who kill others by taking away XP points, I doubt this will work. Maybe I'll wait a month try playing again but till this problem is fixed I'm recommending to all my friends to not buy this game.

 

55 minutes ago, LoveUnsurpassed said:

I wish I could return this game, I can't play a round without being killed by another player. Sometimes it's because I have something they want but the majority of the time its because they think its funny. I read that a update will punish guest who kill others by taking away XP points, I doubt this will work. Maybe I'll wait a month try playing again but till this problem is fixed I'm recommending to all my friends to not buy this game.

I feel you guys' pain. Its super annoying when you just wanna have a fun, fair match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

you cant tell some  people because dont want to listen to logic and common sense or they are just full of them self.

Logic and common sense... = dont need rules in games because they cost 40 bucks & quitting games whenever, sabotaging teams, demoralizing fellow players. 

Heh... you have a very weird perception of logic, dude. I guess thats because you're regressive minded and dont care about making things better. Something that we've already established earlier by highlighting your selfishness. 

Say what you will... games will fall apart often regardless, quitting will become more frequent and the trolls will do whatever they want, however they want, in whatever way they want because there is no system in place to stop them right now, and that will affect you extremely negatively at some point whether you like it or not. 

You reap what you sow with your lack of care. 

Supercurt7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

it WILL fix the problem. Because people like YOU...will get banned from entering matches over and over and leaving right from the start,

prove i do this, prove it i dare you because you have yet to show it and lever will.

keep throwing insults and allegations and assumptions.

 

 

Well, it's not a bad assumption. You've got to figure troll on message boards= troll in the game. 

and it's never not lever, unless you know someone named lever who will actually prove it, then my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LoveUnsurpassed said:

I wish I could return this game, I can't play a round without being killed by another player. Sometimes it's because I have something they want but the majority of the time its because they think its funny. I read that a update will punish guest who kill others by taking away XP points, I doubt this will work. Maybe I'll wait a month try playing again but till this problem is fixed I'm recommending to all my friends to not buy this game.

There's already been a -200 xp penalty for TK since day one. I guess the Xbox update increased that to -1000. Still not sure how i feel about that.

But it still won't work. TK trolls don't care about xp. 

This happens to you almost every round? What platform are you using? PC seems to have a higher concentration of trash players. Not that all platforms don't contain their fair amount of turds. 

I also don't understand players logic of wanting something you have. I've seen this myself (guy wanted my fuel for the boat but his repair stat was garbage) and I can't figure out why people act this way. I usually let people escape when there's an odd man out situation anyway. I'll stay and see what else I can get into.

13 hours ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

A good point, man. I experienced similar issues with players that are grouped and if one of their teammates are jason, they run up to their fellow councillors and tell you over the mic: Jason is my friend. 

Then proceeds to bash you over the head as you try to repair the phone or car. 

Its completely idiotic. And this isn't even trolling. Just sabotage to help their mates and get away easily. Zero stopping it. 

Turd on the mic: Jason is my friend. 

If I were Jason and I had friends that played this game, I would put extra effort into making sure they were executed.

13 hours ago, Tattooey said:

An option to turn off friendly fire in private session is a much needed feature. I've joined a match yesterday was picked randomly as jason. Last survivor almost escaped in a vehicle but caught him a good 50 feet away. The amount of hate speech that proceeded after the game ended was obsessive. He convinced an entire lobby full of random players no friends to team kill me the next match & wait the entire 20 minute timer to deplete because of his  inability to control his anger because he lost a session.

 

the amount of people who play as a counselor & rage after dying is astronomical. Now I understand & have pretty good tolerance for all the trash talking that occurs but to make it your mission to try to ruin the game for other players because you got beat fair & square is pathetic. 

This is also something I can't wrap my head around. Why do players get so damn upset when they don't escape!!? Especially when you're the last counselor. It can't be the xp. It's only 200... Are they little kids? Any self respecting adult that would convince a lobby to TK another player because they were stopped by Jason trying to escape is a pretty big dirt bag.

You're playing a game....why are you getting so mad? It's not even that competitive. 

Flamestrike and Kalidor like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the original post. Played 80+ hours on the PC, at least half of the matches have at least one person leave after they are not Jason.

I have not had as many friendly fire deaths, and maybe 4-5 blatant team killers. It still is a problem.

I do have a problem with me getting branded as a traitor because some dumbass counselor fell into my barn fallback Jason deathtrap, but that might be another discussion... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've killed 3 counselors today and 2 of them were justified and without friendly fire it would of been such a shit situation 

First counselor I killed

Was actually my friend was being grabbed by Jason and I shot them both, Jason and I were laughing like fuck "You're a murder like me now" even the person who died was laughing.

Second counselor

Me and three others fixed the car, Jason teleports and some 5 person tries to take my spot I tell them go away, Jasons right there so I shoot the 5th person

Thrid 

Three of us fixed the boat and I said "Three of us and two on a boat" then one proceeds to off me with a baseball so I shoot him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cslyles76 said:

Well, it's not a bad assumption. You've got to figure troll on message boards= troll in the game. 

and it's never not lever, unless you know someone named lever who will actually prove it, then my bad.

you found a spelling mistake, congrats your good deed for the week is done.

 

7 hours ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Logic and common sense... = dont need rules in games because they cost 40 bucks & quitting games whenever, sabotaging teams, demoralizing fellow players. 

Heh... you have a very weird perception of logic, dude. I guess thats because you're regressive minded and dont care about making things better. Something that we've already established earlier by highlighting your selfishness. 

Say what you will... games will fall apart often regardless, quitting will become more frequent and the trolls will do whatever they want, however they want, in whatever way they want because there is no system in place to stop them right now, and that will affect you extremely negatively at some point whether you like it or not. 

You reap what you sow with your lack of care. 

reap what you sow is exsactly what you and many others will be doing after you ruined this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

you found a spelling mistake, congrats your good deed for the week is done.

 

reap what you sow is exsactly what you and many others will be doing after you ruined this game.

It's hilarious that you keep responding to this troll Freddy. He obviously just wants attention ( and maybe a spelling teacher). He doesn't even make a point, he just keeps stringing you along. Don't argue with him, ignore his ignorance and he will go back to his moms basement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily, in my many many games since release neither of these have ever been a problem for me. 

I think I've gotten hit by another player just once, and it was so random that it was quite funny.

Walked up to a Jenny and said "Hi"

*long pause as she stares at me*

*Jenny lunges and hits me with a machete*.

Me: Wtf dude?

Jenny: Sorry I thought you were the other AJ who keeps trying to kill me.

*Jenny heals me and gives me a pocket knife*

so I just laughed it off and we proceeded to help each other escape. Coincidentally we ended up running over the violent AJ during our escape (He/She had evidently killed more players than Jason) 

As for punishing leavers, I don't think it's a great idea. Again they have not been a problem on PS4 for me. I myself only leave if I die extremely early into the match unless I am the host. 1-2 minutes of gameplay then watch 18 mins of others playing? Not so fun. But I've known many people who have gotten disconnected right after or during the intro. Would really suck to see people getting punished for something they didn't have control over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of a ban system why don't you just flag their account each time they betray someone and one it reaches a certain point you can just start placing those players into special "team killers" server and they can just play together the rest of the players to play in the others?  The same rule could apply to people who disconnect in game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Host migration will take care of those that disconnect. As for team killers, friendly fire should be an OPTION available in private matches only. 

Supercurt7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

you found a spelling mistake, congrats your good deed for the week is done.

 

reap what you sow is exsactly what you and many others will be doing after you ruined this game.

After looking at this thread since yesterday I'm finally chiming in to say Derrick your a barbaric idiot, who obviously can't hold a normal conversation. 

Freddy is stating his opinion on a subject that he by far is not the only one dealing with.  I've seen many threads and I'm sure there are many players who don't talk on forums, that would agree with him including me.

Whether you agree with him or not there is no need to be an asshole, as I am a witness you started this crap.  Dude grow up and debate with people and stop being such an ass.

Because guess what?  When the player rate does drop and you can't find an match, you'll be looking dumber than you already sound now.  Give it a rest...

FreddyKruegerfan66 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 2:54 PM, derrickkolba said:

very simply its under 1% of the whole player base that does either of those or both and yet you made a topic pointing to those 1% and over looked all the glaring problem from day one this game has as a reason this game is struggling and close to failure.

play more and think more before you post as you are completely clueless as to what is transpiring.

K don't just play fake the "throw bullshit statistics" game.

Also don't use big words just because you think they make you look smarter.  Worst use of transpire I have ever seen. You used it correctly,  yes, but you look like an idiot.

Next, I think the original poster has a point but I disagree completely.

There do not need to be bans.

Friendly fire does not need to be turned off.

The solution is far more simple. Make the counselors fun to play. Then, people won't ditch matches when they don't get Jason.

Supercurt7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Logic and common sense... = dont need rules in games because they cost 40 bucks & quitting games whenever, sabotaging teams, demoralizing fellow players. 

Heh... you have a very weird perception of logic, dude. I guess thats because you're regressive minded and dont care about making things better. Something that we've already established earlier by highlighting your selfishness. 

Say what you will... games will fall apart often regardless, quitting will become more frequent and the trolls will do whatever they want, however they want, in whatever way they want because there is no system in place to stop them right now, and that will affect you extremely negatively at some point whether you like it or not. 

You reap what you sow with your lack of care. 

Freddy don't worry about this ass... There are intelligent people on here who either agree with you or have at least made an attempt to get across their point in debate.  And you are right quitters are getting annoying fast. 

I've made a couple topics about the host quitting out when he gets killed by me as jason.  It's happened to me twice in a row.  Once in the beginning of a match and once at a near end.  It's got to be addressed by people do move one.  There are many annoyed by this for real... 

FreddyKruegerfan66 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who doesn't agree that rage quitting is a serious issue is in denial (or are a rage quitter themselves). I've been lucky to get into lobbies where everybody stays the whole game but it still happens more often than it should & considering everybody's latency is low, I doubt even half of these instances just so happen to be the game crashing. For instance, someone went to the shack so I morph there. I grab them inside but they have a pocket knife. They run into the trap I set out in front of the shack but manage to get free. Then, they try to stand off against me, he gets grabbed and then quits in the middle of the kill.

It's bullshit. The only time I ever quit during a kill is if the guy/girl playing Jason is being a dick to everybody. Other than that, go ahead and get that kill: you earned it fair and square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

Anybody who doesn't agree that rage quitting is a serious issue is in denial (or are a rage quitter themselves). I've been lucky to get into lobbies where everybody stays the whole game but it still happens more often than it should & considering everybody's latency is low, I doubt even half of these instances just so happen to be the game crashing. For instance, someone went to the shack so I morph there. I grab them inside but they have a pocket knife. They run into the trap I set out in front of the shack but manage to get free. Then, they try to stand off against me, he gets grabbed and then quits in the middle of the kill.

It's bullshit. The only time I ever quit during a kill is if the guy/girl playing Jason is being a dick to everybody. Other than that, go ahead and get that kill: you earned it fair and square.

Or they play on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Or they play on PC.

This makes no sense at all. I play on PC & I rarely crash, if ever. And if I do, it's usually because my laptop needs to be restarted. They're rage-quitters, stop making excuses for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now