FreddyKruegerfan66

Quitters & friendly-fire. Its single-handedly destroying the game.

56 posts in this topic

Of all the issues this game has, Jasons mobility, hitboxes, crashing... quitters however from the beginning, because people aren't jason, is one of the biggest, most obnoxious of them all.  I love this game to death. Played it for days on end. I cannot stop. But during that time I've seen a lot of problems that aren't bugs or exploits. 

Devs. Please make a ban system where if people quit from the start, give them a ban for 30 minutes or 1 hour. Multiplying depending on frequency. 

Does it sound rough, some might think? No. Its really not. And I'll explain why. 

It is, as we all know, extremely difficult to win with few players versus an experienced jason player. Every player lost makes it harder. Losing 2-3 players from the beginning causes some teams to directly leave the whole match immediately. 

Losing 1-2 demoralizes everyone. We all know it. Jason knows it. Fewer players to search, help, assist, and a much smaller search pattern for Jason players.

All of which make playing this game more frustrating than fun. I've noticed over the 66 hours I've put into this that this is becoming far more frequent now. There is roughly a 75-80 % chance that every single time you launch a match, 1-2 players will quit if they are not Jason. 

Every single match.... 

We need a system that punishes these players that sabotage the teams efficiency with their selfishness and lack of care. Please consider this. This is a team-based game. It falls apart entirely if people dont care and just quit. 

Some players will suggest a Jason queue mode. Yes, that could work too, but if that would be too long for some players, they would just continue this due to chances might be higher, or otherwise we'd end up with slower matchmaking because everyone wanted to be Jason. Either way, its deeply troublesome. 

A ban system is the most effective mean to have players respect the way the game works. Especially if its rough. These people dont care about point deduction. They leave the moment they die in games. Leave before becoming Tommy jarvis, which occasionally results in playerless Tommy NPC's that just hang around the map, afk'ing whilst Jason players are scratching their heads, looking at the scoreboard and everyone is dead. 

This is a huge problem, guys. I've been in 3 games today as I'm writing this, that all fell apart at the very beginning because 3 people left the moment it began, then the rest just followed because we all realized " We are gonna lose and it isn't even gonna be fun trying not to... " 

Last thing. Friendly-fire... has got to go. Trolls love it, players on voice-chat with jason players are ghosting their teammates and wound them for Jason to get easy kills. And thats without getting into your average guy who you try to tell not to sprint next to you, playing a stealthy character, resulting in him just getting offended and hitting you before jason teleports in your face and chops your head off.

It is a colossal mess sometimes, guys. And the point deduction is utterly irrelevant to these players. They dont care about progression. There is literally nothing at all in place to stop trolls, teamkilling, jason partying and ghosting and quitters at the moment. 

So at least, remove friendly fire. Please do that. That'll at least prevent idiots from trolling you for absolutely no reason. And it sucks even more when you're really trying to play the game the way its meant to be played. 

Summarization =

Friendly fire = needs to be removed. Troll tool. 

Quitters = We need a ban mechanic punishing those sabotaging matches because they aren't jason.

I hope this will be heard and that other players can support this. Because if these issues aren't handled the  quick-play multiplayer will become a troll fest and abandoned eventually for the singleplayer and private matches with friends. And that's just sad, guys. 

4 people like this

I am still mulling over the bulk of your post.

But I will say this much, off the cuff.

If they remove friendly fire, I hope it's only for melee.  I have had a few instances where counselors have (legit) accidentally shot me dead while fighting Jason or running, whatever. And they've been some of the funniest/best experiences I've had. Memorable, even.

So, I hope if the DO nerf things because of fool trolls, that they leave some room for mishaps with the rifles.

3 people like this

29 minutes ago, Kalidor said:

I am still mulling over the bulk of your post.

But I will say this much, off the cuff.

If they remove friendly fire, I hope it's only for melee.  I have had a few instances where counselors have (legit) accidentally shot me dead while fighting Jason or running, whatever. And they've been some of the funniest/best experiences I've had. Memorable, even.

So, I hope if the DO nerf things because of fool trolls, that they leave some room for mishaps with the rifles.

I agree on the ranged, man. I do. I had similar experiences. But the melee is a real problem. One moment you're barricading the house, searching for stuff. The next a guy runs inside, opens the door wide and begins hitting you with a bat whilst laughing on chat. Really gamebreaking. 

But yes. I hope the devs will do something. Its way too easy to troll. 

Most of OP's post is understandable or agreeable, but the whole 30 min to an hour ban for leaving a match is ridiculous. This game still randomly crashes or you get kicked from lobbies, with no way of being able to re-join. People would be punished for 30 min to an hour for the game messing up and no them leaving. Some people only have an hour or to to play, one of my real life friends has this situation. 

Also this is not a competitive game like LoL or CS. They have punishment for leaving games early but they have a feature to rejoin if you lagged out.  Again this is by no means a competitive game timed bans are never going to happen.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Most of OP's post is understandable or agreeable, but the whole 30 min to an hour ban for leaving a match is ridiculous. This game still randomly crashes or you get kicked from lobbies, with no way of being able to re-join. People would be punished for 30 min to an hour for the game messing up and no them leaving. Some people only have an hour or to to play, one of my real life friends has this situation. 

Also this is not a competitive game like LoL or CS. They have punishment for leaving games early but they have a feature to rejoin if you lagged out.  Again this is by no means a competitive game timed bans are never going to happen.

I understand your argumentation, man. But that means that every match here is at extremely high risk of endless quitting. 

And I do believe its possible to get a system that registers a crash/DC from a voluntary leave. But yeah. just suggestions. 

Quitters & friendly-fire. Its single-handedly destroying the game-

NO they are not.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, derrickkolba said:

Quitters & friendly-fire. Its single-handedly destroying the game-

NO they are not.

Are you defending them? Or do you have more to add? 

I've already explained why. Feel free to counter argue it if you can. Unless you're a quitter and dont like me calling you out. 

Edited by FreddyKruegerfan66
Elaboration
1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Are you defending them? Or do you have more to add? 

very simply its under 1% of the whole player base that does either of those or both and yet you made a topic pointing to those 1% and over looked all the glaring problem from day one this game has as a reason this game is struggling and close to failure.

play more and think more before you post as you are completely clueless as to what is transpiring.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, derrickkolba said:

very simply its under 1% of the whole player base that does either of those or both and yet you made a topic pointing to those 1% and over looked all the glaring problem from day one this game has as a reason this game is struggling and close to failure.

play more and think more before you post as you are completely clueless as to what is transpiring.

Im not overlooking anything, dude. Chill that rage, will you. I've already listed a bunch to begin with. If you bothered reading the post, and not just the title, you'd get a clear picture and understanding. 

And 1 %? Link a statistic please or begone. I've played this game for 66 HOURS. And almost every single match I play, I see people quitting the moment the match begins and the jason cinematic plays. 

You can ask anyone that question. They'll tell you the same thing. IT happens all the time. 

Why so mad though? Are you one of the quitters ? that play as Jason only? Or just projecting your bad mood unto me. 

Regardless... link that statistic, please. Since its only 1 %..... yeah right. 

69 hours of gameplay on steam... and I'm clueless. haha. I dont know whether to find that insulting or positively hilarious. 

2 people like this

For a while I was of the school of thought that friendly fire was not needed but for the sake of Jason, I think it is... Bare with me:

I was once Jason where 3 counselors (that knew what they were doing) sandwiched me in a door way I just broke.  They just keeps swinging and stunted me 3 times in a row.  The 2 on the same side hit each other once or twice but after they got my mask they took off.  But the point is multiple swinging counselors can be a problem in a tight spot.  

Now apply that another example:

I once played in a lobby where there were six 10 year olds with mics (agony believe me). At the start of the map, they all synced up and moved together - they looked like an amorphous blob moving across the map. Jason showed up and cut through them like butter. But could you imagine if 6 counselors got Jason in a house and just started swinging wildly?  He could be in a permanently frozen state. Particularly if everyone had those perks that increased the endurance of weapons.

I think that is a tough one to fix...

The quitting early is tough too, but like someone said on this chain, I, or the host, has timed out many times at the start. Being penalized for that is not cool.

4 minutes ago, Redsnappa said:

I, or the host, has timed out many times at the start. Being penalized for that is not cool.

My problem isn't those that freeze during the loading. happens to me too sometimes. My problem is the moment the game starts, everyone is there and then the very second Jason's feet is shown... people quit. That is absolutely not by coincidence. People know their jason skins. 

So let me get this straight, you want to balance this game at the lowest common denominator but ignore all other levels of play? Friendly fire serves a purpose and it's one of the small things to help balance seven counselors vs Jason.

Like someone mentioned already, you should really think about your ideas before you jump the gun. 

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Im not overlooking anything, dude. Chill that rage, will you. I've already listed a bunch to begin with. If you bothered reading the post, and not just the title, you'd get a clear picture and understanding. 

And 1 %? Link a statistic please or begone. I've played this game for 66 HOURS. And almost every single match I play, I see people quitting the moment the match begins and the jason cinematic plays. 

You can ask anyone that question. They'll tell you the same thing. IT happens all the time. 

Why so mad though? Are you one of the quitters ? that play as Jason only? Or just projecting your bad mood unto me. 

Regardless... link that statistic, please. Since its only 1 %..... yeah right. 

69 hours of gameplay on steam... and I'm clueless. haha. I dont know whether to find that insulting or positively hilarious. 

how do you even know they are quitting?

Just now, derrickkolba said:

how do you even know they are quitting?

Read the reply I sent to the other guy, Derrick. 

"My problem isn't those that freeze during the loading. happens to me too sometimes. My problem is the moment the game starts, everyone is there and then the very second Jason's feet is shown... people quit. That is absolutely not by coincidence. People know their jason skins." 

There is no way a random desynch happens at the same time period between typically 1-3 players at every match when exactly Jasons skin is revealed. That is either the most coincidental crash ever... or people realizing they weren't chosen. 

Dude. Look. I dont wanna argue. Just play a few matches yourself and you'll see it. Like I said. It happens literally all the time. 

4 minutes ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Read the reply I sent to the other guy, Derrick. 

"My problem isn't those that freeze during the loading. happens to me too sometimes. My problem is the moment the game starts, everyone is there and then the very second Jason's feet is shown... people quit. That is absolutely not by coincidence. People know their jason skins." 

There is no way a random desynch happens at the same time period between typically 1-3 players at every match when exactly Jasons skin is revealed. That is either the most coincidental crash ever... or people realizing they weren't chosen. 

Dude. Look. I dont wanna argue. Just play a few matches yourself and you'll see it. Like I said. It happens literally all the time. 

i have played since day one and find people are drooping off at all times that's why i asked how you know they are quitting because there no way to tell. and i still dont think 1-2 people quitting is ruining the game, your just over reacting and want to punish anybody who doesn't complete a full match. between you and everyone else wanting to come up with all sorts of rules, your actually the one ruining the game because no body want to pay 40-60 dollars to be bossed around by a bunch of a-holes.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Friendly fire serves a purpose and it's one of the small things to help balance seven counselors vs Jason.

Your logic is astoundingly devoid of reason and your final remark is insulting as hell. A good jason does not need help by having councillors hit each other like babbling morons. 

This effect is used commonly to die in very idiotic fashion. Do you think thats fun? To work hard, stealth around, help repair the phone and car, communicate with your team, then suddenly Mr brainless runs up to you and bashes you with a bat, laughing as his party mate, playing Jason runs to his location? 

Lowest common denominator? You have some nerve referring to bluntly to a mechanic so commonly used by trolls, or merely resulting in a big meh, as you die in insanely stupid fashion. 

If anyone YOU should think before defending systems that make matches profoundly dislikable. Downright annoying. This game is about teamwork, finding things, working together, communicating whilst Jason tries to kill you. 

Its not about bashing each other on top of the head like cavemen laughing stupidly as dumb things happen. That is funny the 1st or 2nd time that happens. But if you try real hard to get away and it happens... its downright infuriating and impractical. 

I have NO idea whatsoever about what "other modes of play" you're referring to. What... are you hitting your teammates? There is 1 mode of play. Teamkilling is NOT one of them. And honestly. I'm far more annoyed by the quitters than the teamkillers because like you said, they aren't super frequent. 

But when they happen... they are just as unfathomly annoying. 

Last thing. Jason is OP as HELL. The last thing councillors need is a chance to kill their teammates by accident or via trolling. 

2 minutes ago, derrickkolba said:

i have played since day one and find people are drooping off at all times that's why i asked how you know they are quitting because there no way to tell. and i still dont think 1-2 people quitting is ruining the game, your just over reacting and want to punish anybody who doesn't complete a full match. between you and everyone else wanting to come up with all sorts of rules, your actually the one ruining the game because no body want to pay 40-60 dollars to be bossed around by a bunch of a-holes.

Im ruining the game?... because I dont want chaos and matches that end the MOMENT they begin because 3 players leave and then the others give up because beating a good jason with 4 people or less is IMPOSSIBLE. 

Are you completely out of your mind, man...... 

I am absolutely not overreacting when this shit happens all the time. I dont want to punish anyone who quits after they die, IF tommy jarvis has spawned. When have I ever said that? Oh right. I HAVEN'T. Nice assumption there. Yet you dare say I should think before I speak. Hypocrite I want to punish those leaving the moment it begins because they arent jason and that affects team psychology. 

And the price of the game, no matter how high does NOT entitle anyone to just do whatever they want when its multiplayer. You could literally use that excuse to argue we need cheats. What...are you an anarchist? 

You want this game to turn into Rust? Or something alike. 

Know what, I'm done. I've already explained the problems quitting in my opening post.  If you're too lazy to read or just dont bother because you're probably a quitter yourself... you are, aren't you...then I wont bother continuing this discussion. 

You've made nothing but insults, assumptions and excuses for behavior that is very destructive and hurts the councillors chances to win. 

Your bottomline culminates in nothing but players doing whatever they want without being penalized. Something I've already explained that the trolls and quitters that leave after they die... dont care remotely about because its just points. 

Final note. In case you dont get it still because your apologist mentality or bias goes beyond your sense of rationality. 

If 2 players quit the match from the beginning and jason gets 1 kill... thats right around 50 % of the councillor team thats gone. That is a big deal when this game is teamwork dependent to the DETRIMENT. 

Say whatever you want. You clearly have no idea what you talking about, not listed any statistics yet, nor replied if you're a quitter. All in all summarizes that you got a hand in play here and you dont want to be penalized for being part of the problem. 

I can't wait for the singleplayer. 

1 minute ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Im ruining the game?... because I dont want chaos and matches that end the MOMENT they begin because 3 players leave and then the others give up because beating a good jason with 4 people or less is IMPOSSIBLE. 

Are you completely out of your mind, man...... 

I am absolutely not overreacting when this shit happens all the time. I dont want to punish anyone who quits after they die, IF tommy jarvis has spawned. When have I ever said that? Oh right. I HAVEN'T. Nice assumption there. Yet you dare say I should think before I speak. Hypocrite I want to punish those leaving the moment it begins because they arent jason and that affects team psychology. 

And the price of the game, no matter how high does NOT entitle anyone to just do whatever they want when its multiplayer. You could literally use that excuse to argue we need cheats. What...are you an anarchist? 

You want this game to turn into Rust? Or something alike. 

Know what, I'm done. I've already explained the problems quitting in my opening post.  If you're too lazy to read or just dont bother because you're probably a quitter yourself... you are, aren't you...then I wont bother continuing this discussion. 

You've made nothing but insults, assumptions and excuses for behavior that is very destructive and hurts the councillors chances to win. 

Your bottomline culminates in nothing but players doing whatever they want without being penalized. Something I've already explained that the trolls and quitters that leave after they die... dont care remotely about because its just points. 

Final note. In case you dont get it still because your apologist mentality or bias goes beyond your sense of rationality. 

If 2 players quit the match from the beginning and jason gets 1 kill... thats right around 50 % of the councillor team thats gone. That is a big deal when this game is teamwork dependent to the DETRIMENT. 

Say whatever you want. You clearly have no idea what you talking about, not listed any statistics yet, nor replied if you're a quitter. All in all summarizes that you got a hand in play here and you dont want to be penalized for being part of the problem. 

I can't wait for the singleplayer. 

^this is your whole topic, another reason not to let you make decisions for the rest of us. oh and by the way if i want to quit at any time i can .

This is a thought provoking thread but no matter how good you are at Jason, there are circumstances a that make a bunch of counselors swinging wildly a problem.  

Take my example above, I was stuck in a tight doorway so my ax kept hitting the frame.  Despite being stunned a few times, I was able to eventually reorient myself to hit one of them before they got the mask & took off.  But that's because there were only 3.  Had there been 4 or 5 crowding me, and I was the Jason with the spear, there might not be a way to clear that door frame...

Plus making the shotgun friendly fire makes it so you have to get the angle right when trying to save someone grabbed by Jason. There is nothing funnier than a little kid declairing they will safe someone, only to shoot and kill them themselves.  It's almost cinematic.

2 minutes ago, derrickkolba said:

^this is your whole topic, another reason not to let you make decisions for the rest of us. oh and by the way if i want to quit at any time i can .

Thanks for finally showing your true colors and showing us that all you've written so far is complete bullshit and you're clearly here, venting because you're part of the problem and dislike me calling you out. 

I knew it right from the start due to the way you wrote your comment. 

So offended... yet zero argumentation, only false statistics and excuses because you have no argument...whatsoever. You just dont care. 

1 minute ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Thanks for finally showing your true colors and showing us that all you've written so far is complete bullshit and you're clearly here, venting because you're part of the problem and dislike me calling you out. 

I knew it right from the start due to the way you wrote your comment. 

So offended... yet zero argumentation, only false statistics and excuses because you have no argument...whatsoever. You just dont care. 

dude your the one with a chip on his shoulder, call me a quitter because i refuse to let you tell me when i can leave. your not the only person in the world, has anyone told you that ?

Just now, derrickkolba said:

dude your the one with a chip on his shoulder, call me a quitter because i refuse to let you tell me when i can leave. your not the only person in the world, has anyone told you that ?

That comment literally makes NO sense at all. Because the whole point of my opening point is to prevent teams falling apart...because of selfish quitters. 

You have no idea what this entire discussion is about, dude... again because you didn't read my opening post. You just vented like a child. 

Just now, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

That comment literally makes NO sense at all. Because the whole point of my opening point is to prevent teams falling apart...because of selfish quitters. 

You have no idea what this entire discussion is about, dude... again because you didn't read my opening post. You just vented like a child. 

IM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE A TOPIC< YOU DID! you offered no solutions to the problem just that people should be punished which is not going to solve it.

here make this suggestion : when people leave before they are dead have AI take over <- thats a solution .

An option to turn off friendly fire in private session is a much needed feature. I've joined a match yesterday was picked randomly as jason. Last survivor almost escaped in a vehicle but caught him a good 50 feet away. The amount of hate speech that proceeded after the game ended was obsessive. He convinced an entire lobby full of random players no friends to team kill me the next match & wait the entire 20 minute timer to deplete because of his  inability to control his anger because he lost a session.

the amount of people who play as a counselor & rage after dying is astronomical. Now I understand & have pretty good tolerance for all the trash talking that occurs but to make it your mission to try to ruin the game for other players because you got beat fair & square is pathetic.