Jubileet

Expand the Company or Sell

23 posts in this topic

4 Developers? Time to expand my friends. Where is my $40 going - into your pockets? Since you've stated the demand is high you need to invest in new positions or sell the company and/or rights to an organization that can support the demand. You're only hurting the game. Game breaking bugs shouldn't take this long to get fixed after release. You should be focused on content updates not damage control.

1 minute ago, Jubileet said:

4 Developers? Time to expand my friends. Where is my $40 going - into your pockets? Since you've stated the demand is high you need to invest in new positions or sell the company and/or rights to an organization that can support the demand. You're only hurting the game. Game breaking bugs shouldn't take this long to get fixed after release. You should be focused on content updates not damage control.

Not necessarily 4 devs. Wasn't just Gun who made the game, they are the publisher. The guys over at Illfonic are the ones who mainly work on the game. I heard that they're a 50 man team but I could be wrong on that.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not necessarily 4 devs. Wasn't just Gun who made the game, they are the publisher. The guys over at Illfonic are the ones who mainly work on the game. I heard that they're a 50 man team but I could be wrong on that.

Well thats a bit more promising - I was going by a statement made on reddit:

[–]ThePraetorian 2 points 14 days ago 

I'm with Gun; Junior Producer and Community Management. Gun is 4 total employees, so we all do various things.

8 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/illfonic

That's why i don't like hearing the small team excuse. Their employee numbers are vague between 11-50. but since they have been around for 10 years i would guess towards the higher end.

2 minutes ago, Kashyyyk said:

Seriously???? This is a topic on this forum because why? If this "4 person team" didn't bust ass you wouldn't have your precious game. The gall of some people 

Yeah I don't like the point the OP was making.

But everyone should know that it's not a 4 man team. If it was we'd be playing a 2D platformer like the NES game.

trulymeparker and DialM like this

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

But everyone should know that it's not a 4 man team. If it was we'd be playing a 2D platformer like the NES game.

Look up Lost Soul Aside and then come back and repeat what you just said. Seriously though, look it up. One man made that from the ground up. It's impressive AF.

Just now, iz2sick said:

Look up Lost Soul Aside and then come back and repeat what you just said. Seriously though, look it up. One man made that from the ground up. It's impressive AF.

Well, if it were up to the 4 boys at Gun making this game we would be playing a 2D platformer.

But whoever the hell is making that game has some serious skills. Hats off to him.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Well, if it were up to the 4 boys at Gun making this game we would be playing a 2D platformer.

But whoever the hell is making that game has some serious skills. Hats off to him.

Yea man. I was blown away. I seriously couldn't believe it when my friend told me about it. Rad huh?

Just now, iz2sick said:

Yea man. I was blown away. I seriously couldn't believe it when my friend told me about it. Rad huh?

He's definitley got some talent. Even if the game sucks, he should still get a medal for the visuals and investment put into it.

what about Demonik?

image.jpg?w=580&h=326&mode=letterbox

tjohnnyblue and thatdudescott like this

2 hours ago, Jubileet said:

ABOUT ILLPHONIC

IllFonic is an independent videogame studio located in downtown Denver, Colorado

IllFonic is committed to delivering AAA games digitally to consoles and PC at an affordable price. IllFonic utilizes many avenues in pop culture to cross brand its products in film, television, sports, music, and clothing. With a studio in downtown Denver, IllFonic has built a team of artists, developers, producers, and musicians that believe providing fun game-play means conveying the highest level of visual awe, an immersive environment and a sick soundtrack.

Just now, LSU04_08 said:

IllFonic is committed to delivering AAA games digitally to consoles and PC at an affordable price.

he..he..

You mean indie games?

Absolutely... Take this:

tumblr_om5jk6BLAi1srhcggo1_500.gif

tumblr_mq8d8wr38B1qhwento1_500.gif

And compare it to this:

Q0HXQ9z.gif

gorey-gifs-from-the-friday-the-13th-game

The game looks more real than the movies. 

tumblr_njpz72u1en1qj7u8ao1_500.gif

Friday13th_Pt3_EyeballPop.gif

dandop1984 and aurllcooljay like this

22 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

he..he..

You mean indie games?

Probably... That's what I found on their website lol. 

I Cant belive how idiotic and Cocky people are. STOP COMPLAINING.YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GAME DESIGN AND BUISNESS MARKETING. THIS FRIDAY THE 13TH GAME IS A MIRACLE FROM HEAVEN THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO SEE ANGELS. ITS AN AWESOME GAME. 

Campkill likes this

On 6/15/2017 at 11:38 AM, Jubileet said:

Oh boy, a lot of misinformation within. Gun Media is the publisher, illfonic is the developer. The team working on this game is small. Money being made is like  with all businesses. Its going to payroll, taxes, ect. Also investments are being made back into the game. There is a single player mode and bots coming so there is also further development costs. Server costs and do forth. You seem to think that this game has the money or resources like an AAA publisher. Well they don't, welcome to indie games. It's takes longer because there is not a plethora of cash being thrown every which way. Teams on AAA games are in the hundreds not under 100. That cost a lot of money. For the sake of it let's do some math. Let's just say they had a paultry 50 people working in this as designers (they don't) I'll take an estimated average wage of game designer of $60,000 / yr. To pay just one year salary for 50 game designers that is $3,000,000 the game didn't even make that much in original backing. Not to mention that's before any other expense is taken into consideration such as office space, mocap expenses, servers ect. 

It seems like you think that gun media are diving into a Scrooge Mcduck type money bin every morning and that is not the case. A lot is being reinvested into this game. The reality is this is an indie game. Nothing is every going to be fixed overnight it's not achieveable. 

Gun Media expected 30,000 players at launch. I'm not sure if that's total or per platform. Let's be generous and say it is per platform, and each one of those for argument's sake pre-ordered the game at a total of $45(what I did). This is before the price hike. It can also roughly account for the number of people who did and did not buy the extra DLC before and after the price hike from $30 to $40. That comes out to $4,050,000. about double the game's budget. Ok.

But they actually got about 70,000 players per platform because of people buying on launch day. Let's assume these players only got the base game at $40. So an extra 40,000 players per platform at $40 adds up to $4,800,000. Combined with the hypothetical pre-orders that is $8,850,000 at launch. Subtracting the money raised for the game's budget(let's round to 3 million), that is $5,850,000 in profit.

I heard it took $5,000 a day to run the Beta servers, and that was only on PC. I'm not sure if that applies to the final game, but I would assume it does. Assuming it does, and multiplying by 3 for all platforms, that would mean that the hypothetical launch day revenue would be used up in 390 days, that's just over a year. This is not considering the salaries of all the employees at Gun Media and Illfonic and other additional costs to keep the game functioning(like snack food).

Just saying that while they likely made a decent profit from the game, they aren't exactly rolling in the dough.

On 6/17/2017 at 5:03 PM, JPops said:

Oh boy, a lot of misinformation within. Gun Media is the publisher, illfonic is the developer. The team working on this game is small. Money being made is like  with all businesses. Its going to payroll, taxes, ect. Also investments are being made back into the game. There is a single player mode and bots coming so there is also further development costs. Server costs and do forth. You seem to think that this game has the money or resources like an AAA publisher. Well they don't, welcome to indie games. It's takes longer because there is not a plethora of cash being thrown every which way. Teams on AAA games are in the hundreds not under 100. That cost a lot of money. For the sake of it let's do some math. Let's just say they had a paultry 50 people working in this as designers (they don't) I'll take an estimated average wage of game designer of $60,000 / yr. To pay just one year salary for 50 game designers that is $3,000,000 the game didn't even make that much in original backing. Not to mention that's before any other expense is taken into consideration such as office space, mocap expenses, servers ect. 

It seems like you think that gun media are diving into a Scrooge Mcduck type money bin every morning and that is not the case. A lot is being reinvested into this game. The reality is this is an indie game. Nothing is every going to be fixed overnight it's not achieveable. 

6 hours ago, JPops said:

Nice Duck Tales reference. All joking aside, the reality of small companies makes sense. The big payday will come once all the bugs are worked out, and more content is added after the bugs are fixed. I look forward to seeing that day come along.

14 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Gun Media expected 30,000 players at launch. I'm not sure if that's total or per platform. Let's be generous and say it is per platform, and each one of those for argument's sake pre-ordered the game at a total of $45(what I did). This is before the price hike. It can also roughly account for the number of people who did and did not buy the extra DLC before and after the price hike from $30 to $40. That comes out to $4,050,000. about double the game's budget. Ok.

But they actually got about 70,000 players per platform because of people buying on launch day. Let's assume these players only got the base game at $40. So an extra 40,000 players per platform at $40 adds up to $4,800,000. Combined with the hypothetical pre-orders that is $8,850,000 at launch. Subtracting the money raised for the game's budget(let's round to 3 million), that is $5,850,000 in profit.

I heard it took $5,000 a day to run the Beta servers, and that was only on PC. I'm not sure if that applies to the final game, but I would assume it does. Assuming it does, and multiplying by 3 for all platforms, that would mean that the hypothetical launch day revenue would be used up in 390 days, that's just over a year. This is not considering the salaries of all the employees at Gun Media and Illfonic and other additional costs to keep the game functioning(like snack food).

Just saying that while they likely made a decent profit from the game, they aren't exactly rolling in the dough.

You are right except they aren't paying for servers on consoles. They lied about that. It's p2p even for quick match. 

On 2017-6-15 at 6:13 PM, iz2sick said:

Yup. Also,  Stardew Valley.  One guy, several years of blood, sweat and tears producing one of the best indie games ever made.

thatdudescott likes this