Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
z00163b1

A doubt about negative experience points

26 posts in this topic

If a counselor get enough negative xp points (because of killing a lot of teammates), could this counselor lose xp points? Could this counselor down his level?

No matter how many people he kills, it only deducts -200 for betraying councilors, no matter if he kills 1 or 6. 

2 hours ago, z00163b1 said:

If a counselor get enough negative xp points (because of killing a lot of teammates), could this counselor lose xp points? Could this counselor down his level?

Too bad this isn't a thing. Then people might stop killing teammates.

Ricky likes this

Now that you made the points for betrayal -1000 a bunch of stupid kids start to troll so they make us kill them.Last two matches exactly the same thing happend to me.Someone grabs a melee and starts hitting me trying to make me kill him.I wont of course.Fix this back to normal or remove ff from the game because right now this is stupid.

You say this is stupid but I played all day yesterday and for the first time since I started playing, nobody was team killing in a single match. 

I think opinions go both ways and it's still too early to judge whether this measure is working or not. 

Impactedmedal38 likes this

Your opinion is correct of course,and so is mine.And there lies the problem.That right now there is either no teamkilling at all(good thing),or match full of trolls that try to trigger people.So the problem is not exactly fixed.I guess we gotta cross our fingers every time we play that we team up with teams like the one you played with and not the ones that i witnessed.Unless the completely remove ff of course.

Have you got the thick skinned perk Shadow_Master? If you have, be sure to use it :) 

The -1000 XP thing has had mixed responses. Personally I find it to be quite beneficial and the only issue I have is when someone else deliberately steps in your trap. I really don't think someone dying in a trap you set should count as a betrayal. Kids who come around trying to get you to TK them though, just run away from them or lure them directly into Jason so he can kill them :) 

Thankfully counsellors can disarm their own traps so deliberate TKing can be avoided, like if someone tried to trap you in a bathroom in the back of a cabin by putting a bear trap at the only door.

I do have thick skinned and have it to all my counselors.Imagine how much he wanted to troll me.Next time i see this i guess i will just go ahead and kill them and then immediately leave.U dont get -1000 xp if u leave the game before it ends,so if they wanna troll i guess it is on lol.

Edit:Btw this is not the only game i ve witnessed this.If anyone plays Siege around here they know the same thing happens there too because of the similar system.

I think the devs are working on a votekick system so sometime soon it might be possible to kick these kinds of players out of the game. There's trolls in every game sadly :( I hope that they can implement a reputation system which detects people who TK too frequently and stops them from playing for X amount of time. That would be really beneficial.

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Master said:

I do have thick skinned and have it to all my counselors.Imagine how much he wanted to troll me.Next time i see this i guess i will just go ahead and kill them and then immediately leave.U dont get -1000 xp if u leave the game before it ends,so if they wanna troll i guess it is on lol.

Edit:Btw this is not the only game i ve witnessed this.If anyone plays Siege around here they know the same thing happens there too because of the similar system.

You shouldn't "have" to use thick skinned though. That's a waste of a perk :/

4 minutes ago, kuebel33 said:

You shouldn't "have" to use thick skinned though. That's a waste of a perk :/

Depends on your playstyle, but I find thick skinned to be mandatory for me. It reduces damage from everything so you can even dive out of an unbroken second story window and still keep running afterwards. Also makes the chopper Jasons less of a threat as it takes like 7+ hits (depending on the effectiveness of your perk) to kill you. Not to mention bear traps aren't much of a threat anymore, or melee based TKers :)

Just now, Kodiak said:

Depends on your playstyle, but I find thick skinned to be mandatory for me. It reduces damage from everything so you can even dive out of an unbroken second story window and still keep running afterwards. Also makes the chopper Jasons less of a threat as it takes like 7+ hits (depending on the effectiveness of your perk) to kill you. Not to mention bear traps aren't much of a threat anymore, or melee based TKers :)

I meant more or less if you are using it just as defense from trolling, then its a waste. but yeah I hear you.

I have sick tiffany perks =p so I basically avoid all conflict lol

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

Yeah, when I've been Jason, I tried to chop a guy to death and it took me literally 7 hits to kill him, to my surprise. I guess he had thick skin on, I didn't really put two and two together.

Died, came back as Tommy Jarvis. Cops were called. There was 3 of us making our way to the police only to be greeted by Jason at the exit. I tried to get Jason to move and he shifts and grabs another counselor I shoot at Jason, stun him but also kill the counselor he grabbed in the process. Me and the remaining counselor proceeded to exit to the police. I received one point of XP for an entire game. So I can feel some of the pain here. 

3 hours ago, JPops said:

Died, came back as Tommy Jarvis. Cops were called. There was 3 of us making our way to the police only to be greeted by Jason at the exit. I tried to get Jason to move and he shifts and grabs another counselor I shoot at Jason, stun him but also kill the counselor he grabbed in the process. Me and the remaining counselor proceeded to exit to the police. I received one point of XP for an entire game. So I can feel some of the pain here. 

See that's just ridiculous. People are going to stop trying to help soon.

If you're whole match is basically gonna be negated for accidentally killing a teammate or someone trolling you, then I can't see the point of friendly fire at all. In my opinion just make it a 500-600 xp penalty and live with it, or remove friendly fire completely.

I was backing the car away from Jason once and my fear was very high to where I could hardly see. Tommy came running in the road from nowhere and I backed into him and he died. I told him I was sorry as I could not see due to the fear and he understood and we even all laughed about it. In another game I fixed the car and was beat to death by 4 guys with bats to get the keys so they could escape. So I am and yes and no guy as ether way there will be problems.

18 hours ago, Scoundrella said:

I personally think the penalty is too harsh as what it does now is open up the door to trolling people  getting yourself killed by them

This has been mentioned but: running in front of a car, injuring yourself on Windows then running into someone bear trap....

The person who "got betrayed" still gets their 500+ xp and the person who "betrayed" them gets whatever xp they got -1,000. 

This is a potential problem - obviously an edge case but can still be exploited nonetheless 

I had not thought about trolls playing in front of cars.
But still, I think the number of trolls shooting at others is way higher than potential suicides.
My main argument is:
that punctuation (even when unfair, when you run over a suicidal troll counselor) does not punish the fun of your game...
But, when someone shoots you, and you are dead, this takes the fun out of your game.
That's why I think the XP penalty is good to the game.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:38 PM, Fair Play said:

Too bad this isn't a thing. Then people might stop killing teammates.

That would really be great. I've been running into so many games lately where it feels like people think they're in The Purge instead of Friday the 13th.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:09 PM, Priest said:

No matter how many people he kills, it only deducts -200 for betraying councilors, no matter if he kills 1 or 6. 

It'll be -1000 exp soon.

I got trolled in the worst way imaginable last week. I'm AJ and I'm camping behind a tree awaiting the police arrival with 2 minutes on the clock. "Tommy Jarvis" starts heading towards me....camps behind me. Police turn up on this end of the map....he shoots me with the shotgun from behind (picks up my first aid kit???!!!) and then runs for 5 seconds to escape to the police. Completely pointless. A player born from the echelons of Muppetry.    

Scoundrella likes this

26 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It'll be -1000 exp soon.

Still -200 on PS4 I accidentally killed someone shooting Jason while he had hold of them today and only lost 200xp

Just now, Davidt said:

Still -200 on PS4 I accidentally killed someone shooting Jason while he had hold of them today and only lost 200xp

Yeah, XB1 currently is the only one with the -1k. But you should get it along with other fixes in the next patch. Same for steam.

Had 4 instances in the past couple days --

1. Got snatched up by Jason. Fellow player tried to axe Jason, killed me instead.

2. Got snatched up by Jason. Fellow player shotgunned Jason, blowing me out of Jason's grasp (but he continued with his animation kill, mime style).

3. Was playing Jason, approaching someone pouring gas in a car. Was a good distance away -- didn't see the other player behind me, who shot me from behind, stunning me -- and that same blast went THROUGH me, and killed the player pouring gas in the car.

4. Was playing as Jason, chasing a guy, and in his hysteria he stepped in a bear trap someone else left, and he died. The player who set the bear trap was waaaay confused at the end of the match as to why he got docked 1,000 xp. He wasn't happy about it.