DankeyVanKang

Jasons Sense Perk Cool down exploit

5 posts in this topic

If you can use the sense perk for 3 seconds then deactivate it you only get a 3 second cooldown doesn't matter which Jason you pick. That cant be on purpose, right? The stalk ability gets a full cooldown even if you just switch it on for a second. I mean if Jason had a full cooldown on sense like 10 seconds or so on you could atually have a chance to get away or at least trick him for a few seconds.

Was going to make post about this but found this instead.  

Curious on how this works as well?  I pop Stalk on for 10 seconds but when I turn it off, the ability is completely emptied.  When we use any of the other abilities, they only go down by how much you used.  Is this AD(As Designed) or is a bug?

I think this is as designed since this has been in place like this since that Beta at the end of the last year and if you think about it it makes sense in line with the movies as Jason was always able to tell where people where and could get close to them in an instant. The only reason why they did include full cooldown for stalk is because otherwise everybody would be walking around as Jason stalking all the time witch causes the couselor players almost no chance of escape since they won't hear Jason coming.

So in all fairness I'd say that this is as normal as it should be and a very good balance of Jason's power imo

I suggest this change: If the player turns off Sense, the meter stops where it is. It does not refill until the player turns it back on and it eventually fully depletes. I feel this would make sense avoidance perks more valuable.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I suggest this change: If the player turns off Sense, the meter stops where it is. It does not refill until the player turns it back on and it eventually fully depletes. I feel this would make sense avoidance perks more valuable.

I could see this becoming a change that both benefits the game as well as the gameplay