GunMedia_Ben

Overview of what we're doing with this forum and Reporting Hackers

52 posts in this topic

Hey all; just want to jump in and say that your comments are not being ignored by anyone here. It's a bit time consuming to directly respond to each post, but know that our team is looking into everything and taking your comments and feedback to heart. We are working on fixes for exploit areas, minimizing the issues with each build and generally improving things while we can. 

If you have proof of anyone hacking, please PM me. I need video to verify that someone is hacking. Keep in mind; a hack is an overall change to gameplay that should be obvious, like a Jason running at high speeds without his character moving, etc. An exploit is simply an issue that needs to be fixed and is not the direct result of someone tampering with the game. We will not ban exploiters, but we will ban hackers. I have to know 100% that it is occurring via video proof. 

-Ben

3 people like this

Would players intentionally floating mid air entire match be considered a hack or exploit?

21 hours ago, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

Would players intentionally floating mid air entire match be considered a hack or exploit?

Exploit. 

Fixed for the patch. 

1 person likes this

I know this is an exploit, but what about people using private chat on PS4 to tell Jason where everyone is when they're dead? 

29 minutes ago, Big_Fudge said:

I know this is an exploit, but what about people using private chat on PS4 to tell Jason where everyone is when they're dead? 

I would say if at all possible, have people in party chat still audible for in-game chat so other players can hear them communicating with Jason.

On 6/6/2017 at 1:53 AM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hey all; just want to jump in and say that your comments are not being ignored by anyone here. It's a bit time consuming to directly respond to each post, but know that our team is looking into everything and taking your comments and feedback to heart. We are working on fixes for exploit areas, minimizing the issues with each build and generally improving things while we can. 

If you have proof of anyone hacking, please PM me. I need video to verify that someone is hacking. Keep in mind; a hack is an overall change to gameplay that should be obvious, like a Jason running at high speeds without his character moving, etc. An exploit is simply an issue that needs to be fixed and is not the direct result of someone tampering with the game. We will not ban exploiters, but we will ban hackers. I have to know 100% that it is occurring via video proof. 

-Ben

Hi Ben,

A built in game option to record your matches would make it much more efficient, helpful and convenient to a lot of non tech savvy players and would make most griefer's and hackers think twice, as they know they are being recorded.

World of Tanks has this same option to record your matches if you want. Simple solution to a rampant problem, send in the vid and let Gun Media make the judgment call on the evidence at hand.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Exploit. 

Fixed for the patch. 

Awesome thanks! Loving the game.

Ben~ When will the team be looking into the achievement issues for Steam? The instant ones not popping an such.

Players are going up in parts that do not go to go Normal making it impossible for Jason to do anything Fix this please

bug.jpg

37 minutes ago, Matheusskaterpbi said:

Players are going up in parts that do not go to go Normal making it impossible for Jason to do anything Fix this please

bug.jpg

throwing Knifes will do....

Just wanna give you intel I found on some pirates forum, it seems the hacker who pirated the game hold grudge against you developers :

"Direct Quote from Voksi 

So, what exactly happened with Friday The 13th you might ask? Here is the long story short. 

It came to my attention in the previous version that somone found out about my exploit on his own and started using it to hijack profiles and whatnot. I felt sorry for the developers, so I contacted them and I also contacted the publisher. I told them exactly how to fix the exploit with two lines of code ( which would probably would have blocked us as well, but I'm sure I would find another loop hole), but what they did is they added the fucking Arxan Anti-Tamper to the executable.

What is Arxan Anti-Tamper? It's the equivalent of Denuvo (without the DRM License part). It's still bloats the executable with useless virtual machines that only slow down your game.

Now that I know that they've done the exact opposite of what I told them to do and did the most anti-consumer shit, I will destroy them."

Hope he wont, but you may wanna keep an eye on it

On 6/7/2017 at 1:26 AM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Exploit. 

Fixed for the patch. 

Nope it isn't - Patch 1.03 -- played today on 6/18/2017.  Counselor still using exploit to fly in the air.

cheater1.jpg

cheater12.jpg

There is an out of bounds glich in pakanak I don't know how tho I only saw this in a Jason round. As well as being able to climb on top of the wall dividing the main houce.

I just want a refund I'm so over this game it had potential you could fix these problems making Jason game chat only is a start but the amount of time I waste waiting in lobby's getting killed at the start to have to watch other people exploiting wall glitches tent glitches and the few times I get to play as Jason I get kicked mid game or the host leaves because they can't hack being killed the final straw for me was when playing as Jason got shot by a flare teleport me to the bottom of the lake couldn't move had to leave game and as for people on the same team trolling by killing if it's a melee death it's obviously intentional adopt what other games have done and kick them for 30mins how do I get a refund?

I don't know I'd this was hack or I'm just bad this person I can't remember there psn was unkill able I tried to grab them to hit them I hit them but they wouldn't die I hit them like 30 times and they didn't die I know it might be thick skin but thick skin is only like 10 hits then dead

Had a group of counselors go to the exit area straight away in a match, went behind a fence and wound up on the out of bounds area in packanack by the bridge, the most southwest point on the map. They taunted the Jason player who obviously couldn't get to them at this area and one of them said "I just turned off the glitch so the other's can't get here." 

This is on PS4 btw

On 20.6.2017 at 8:18 PM, dmack621 said:

Had a group of counselors go to the exit area straight away in a match, went behind a fence and wound up on the out of bounds area in packanack by the bridge, the most southwest point on the map. They taunted the Jason player who obviously couldn't get to them at this area and one of them said "I just turned off the glitch so the other's can't get here." 

This is on PS4 btw

Exact same happened to me as well but only 1 guy taunting. We had to disband session to get rid of him since you can't kick people as host -_-

Not sure if you guys are looking at X1 Exploits since the patch is not out yet but just in case I ran across this last night:

jason.JPG

On 05.06.2017 at 6:53 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

We will not ban exploiters

And that's bad. I don't see the point of playing then

There's usually at least one in every session getting into glitches. I've seen them on the roof of the covered bridge, Packanack, somehow under the map, the river rocks, there's so many

20170625_182936-749x413.jpg