Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darrin Howard

Death and Darkness.

11 posts in this topic

I think it would be cool to see dark shadows and doors that creek open and close by themselves .Maybe have a younger Jason that drowned haunt the cabins since Jason is a supernatural hybrid half human half demon .Through history there has been women who have copulated with dark psychic beings and produced god like children. Cabins with creepy basements,spiders,rats severed heads,dark shadows .Creepy photos.We know that there is strange beings from the beyond in the Friday The 13th franchise because the 1989 Nes Friday The 13th game had zombies wolves floating heads ,strange floating crows and creepy cabins.What made the Nes Friday The 13th game awesome was the creepy atmosphere and cabins.

The quality of darkness is important. though I think the game will have to provide two versions of darkness because you know casuals see true darkness as "frustration", instead of a "natural realistic challenge" so it would be good to have toggable settings to play the game with true darkness of night, as well as the casual friendly brighter darkness version.

Though either way, things like good useful flashlights, torches would balance things out nicely.  Of course those things can raise detection, though being able to see in the dark and depending on those things, does make the world feel more alive. 

Plus those light sources can be also used to distract/lure Jason.  So lights the players can carry, can be very useful in lots of ways, and gives more reason to make the darkness darker as it should be.

The quality of darkness is important. though I think the game will have to provide two versions of darkness because you know casuals see true darkness as "frustration", instead of a "natural realistic challenge" so it would be good to have toggable settings to play the game with true darkness of night, as well as the casual friendly brighter darkness version.

Though either way, things like good useful flashlights, torches would balance things out nicely.  Of course those things can raise detection, though being able to see in the dark and depending on those things, does make the world feel more alive. 

Plus those light sources can be also used to distract/lure Jason.  So lights the players can carry, can be very useful in lots of ways, and gives more reason to make the darkness darker as it should be.

I enlarged the picture to 160% , but this is a pre-alpha shot , I think she has a flashlight or lantern or something . Like you said having a light is a great way to attract attention , of course it might be the only way to see objects in a basement as well . Things like the repair parts and weapons/other items might make things to tough on the counselors , but it is another piece to help balance gameplay as well .

7PV6AuN.png

Tommy Jarvis likes this

Id like to hear more about dark old abandoned cabins and creepy dark cabin basements.With old photos and just creepy abandoned campground part of crystal lake called camp blood. Can anyone else describe creepy haunting landscapes for Friday the 13th .

This actually started well and then I got to the second sentence. I hope the darkness is extra dark and death extra deathy. 

If there were weather effects slamming doors might be cool but Jason would be so hard to use. The map would be one big sound blip. 

"Just when you think you're safe, he returns for more - DH lives"

23 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I got excited. I thought he came back. :(

It wasn't super easy finding an unlocked topic of his. It was like searching through an ancient tome. I've been reviving some old posts of other people that didn't see a lot of action and I thought we need this one to remind us of the good old days. 

I would love to see "strange, floating crows" in the game! I was at the beach, at the weekend, and there were these "strange, floating" gulls in the blue skies above me. It's so strange seeing a land creature like a bird in mid-air. It can only be the work of dark, astral magic.  

8 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I would love to see "strange, floating crows" in the game! I was at the beach, at the weekend, and there were these "strange, floating" gulls in the blue skies above me. It's so strange seeing a land creature like a bird in mid-air. It can only be the work of dark, astral magic.  

Well one thing we know for sure is that Pamela didn't "copulate"  with Poseidon or he wouldn't have drown. 

I think the picture is rather interesting though. Is that a red pickup truck? and there appears to be something else down the road?

On 5/16/2017 at 10:56 PM, bewareofbears said:

I got excited. I thought he came back. :(

Na man. He's not back yet as far as we know. Just Brigadius there playing necro and mentioning he who must not be named. :lol:

Image result for necromancer

8 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

Na man. He's not back yet as far as we know. Just Brigadius there playing necro and mentioning he who must not be named. :lol:

giphy.gif

I think I found a new way to reference him without stirring the pot. 

My code name will be 'A Rigid Bus' or 'Big Radius' if you know what I mean.;)