124 replies to this topic

sirherothebrave

sirherothebrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationearth

I just wish to not fly away or into the map like in DbD. Or anything like that :( And I like freedom! It will feel nice to play a game that is epic, and has freedom most do not. :)

Tommy Jarvis

Tommy Jarvis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationCamp Crystal Lake

it may be a different concept. a different game. but lobby issues and everything else still applies. can still be a problem if not addressed. what if people get pissed or leave for any reason? trolls and what not...what if theres not enough people online for a full session at any given time? just things to worry about.

http://Twitter.com/valo2k5 Twitch.tv - Valo2k5 XBL Gamertag - Valo2012

Posted Image

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,929 posts

it may be a different concept. a different game. but lobby issues and everything else still applies. can still be a problem if not addressed. what if people get pissed or leave for any reason? trolls and what not...what if theres not enough people online for a full session at any given time? just things to worry about.

One day at a time. This is not a new unfounded issue and it will be addressed properly. Let's get the game first then worry about the more technical issues later.
  • Dromar420 likes this

Posted Image

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

I also watched some videos of Dead by Daylight and like most of you i was also not really impressed.

F13 isnt even in it's beta stage yet and it already feel more diverse in it's gameplay mechanics.

In F13 you can interact with your environment,like turning a radio on for exemple or opening a window to either escape or distract and you can also hide in a closet or under a bed,you cant do all of this in Dead By Daylight hence why F13 already feel superior to that game when it come to gameplay.

Also Jason can kill counselors with differents part of the environments and different weapons,while in Dead by daylight the killer only has one weapon,some beartraps and those hook thingies,not much diversity must i say.

Another thing is that Jason isnt really confined to Camp Crystal Lake since he has been to other places,who know what the devs might come up with when it come to locations.

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

Brando

Brando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationCanada and Love

I'm sure the devs have put thought into all of this.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

I hope it does well. It may not be the main course, but an early taster is no bad thing.

I think the Friday the 13th game has a real advantage in terms of when it comes out, though. Darker nights, perfect for this kind of game, and the whole Halloween time spookiness too.

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

( sees guys post above me ) Nice avatar dude.

Anyway, It seems that the original announcement of Friday the 13th has spawned a new sub-genre of game, ... Guess we can call it a Slasher Survivor game or what not.

Dead by daylights success is actually fairly huge as a spectator game. Last time i looked it was right below Overwatch on twitch and that's no small feat. It seems there is definitely a market for this type of game, and it seems to be like friggen catnip for streamers and you tubers.

And seeing as how the graphics and game play are promising to be a lot more substantive and complex in Friday the 13th, id say that's a VERY good sign for this game. (especially seeing as how Dead by Daylight is a very simple game and already has developed a meta and the fear has kind of gone out the window.)

As for the other similar games coming out, its not about who's first or last, its about whos the best!

• DamonD7 likes this

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida
Now I'm sure most folks may look at this as being a benefit of being fast and strategic,
but there are ways in Dead By Daylight where you can make the killer look like a complete dork
if you know how to traverse around walls and certain map set pieces,
it's possible to run the killer in a complete circle over and over and over again within a very small area, very quickly...
if you're good enough, you can literally run the killer in circles around a rock.

These are completely embarassing moments for the killer, because no matter what he does, or how good of a player he is, there's just no way for him to catch the survivor.

I'm wondering if these kinds of moments can be avoided in Friday the 13th. Where if a counselor tries to play ballsy and MOCK (or TAUNT) the Jason player because he's this slow lumbering giant, it should punish or HURT the counselor dumb enough to confront, or try and run circles around our masked killer.

Maybe have some kind of perk where if someone DOES try and get closer to Jason to poke fun, it raises Jason's better awareness toward killing the 'troll'.

Jonathan Jones | Professional Voice Talent | Voice Actor

Visit His Website  | Youtube | Let's Play Live!

"Acting is Believing" / "Stay Cool.  Stay Creative"

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,929 posts
Jason is outfitted with abilities that will quickly close ground between h.and the councilor. You have nothing to worry about. While the games are alike dead by daylight and this game will be very different. The only likeness they will share is they are asymmetrical multi-player games.

Posted Image

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Doctor Doom tried being Jason Voorhees. He found it...beneath him ;)

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 745 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

This is a player driven game...so...uh...if you feel brave enough to 'taunt' Jason (as many people in the movies do....), well, you know what happens. 

Or not. 

As it's a player-driven game through and through. 

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

I mean, I wouldn't want to see Jason constantly stumbling and bumbling around like an undead Mr. Bean or anything.

But human control offers that unpredictability and magic mix of genius and stupidity that can be very entertaining.

Jason trying to whack someone with an axe and accidentally falling off the top floor of a barn. Getting a door slammed right into his face while in hot pursuit. Mistakenly teleporting into the middle of a bear trap, walking into the path of a thrown object that was going to miss, or whatever.

It's stuff like that (not to mention and likely even much MORE so on the part of the counsellors) that can make for the best memories.

So a certain amount of agency to be able to plain old screw things up is not a bad thing and something that I'm sure will be funny when it happens in this game.

Krystal

Krystal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

the not full/not enough require players thing really did make Tomb Raider inaccessible online (and especially MAG which had really strict player amount requirements before a match starts, some had to wait 30 minutes)  people wait for more players, more drop out when their impatience is over, which means more waiting.   This game probably doesn't have a.i. substitutes,  It could make matchmaking smoother if people could play under the maximum amount. 

I myself would always prefer a full game of 7 counselors and 1 Jason, but depending on the community activity, that might not always be the case 24/7, so it would help the matchmaking being flexible and being able to start, even if it's just 1v1.  

Also I think matchmaking should avoid a "ready" system because most players are too lazy to press a button to ready up.

the match should start after a certain period of time, whether some players are ready or not, whether the lobby is full or not.  :)

• IronKnight55 likes this

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

This is a player driven game...so...uh...if you feel brave enough to 'taunt' Jason (as many people in the movies do....), well, you know what happens. 

Or not. 

As it's a player-driven game through and through.

It's really hard explaining the situations like these in games without seeing it.

Taunting the killer is all good and great, and can be funny as shit sometimes.
If you can manage to run the killer in circles fantastic. I'm sure some people can.

I know the game is going to be completely different than DBD.
All I can say is, DBD was not aware of how their set pieces would be used in-game.. and some survivors know how to exploit that very well.

Jumping back and forth around a bus, and just doing it over and over and over again while the killer literally has no way of touching the survivor in this moment. So the killer is left with the only option of leaving, going to get someone else, or leaving and coming back hoping the survivor 'maybe did something else' finally. lol.

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

I mean, I wouldn't want to see Jason constantly stumbling and bumbling around like an undead Mr. Bean or anything.

But human control offers that unpredictability and magic mix of genius and stupidity that can be very entertaining.

Jason trying to whack someone with an axe and accidentally falling off the top floor of a barn. Getting a door slammed right into his face while in hot pursuit. Mistakenly teleporting into the middle of a bear trap, walking into the path of a thrown object that was going to miss, or whatever.

It's stuff like that (not to mention and likely even much MORE so on the part of the counsellors) that can make for the best memories.
So a certain amount of agency to be able to plain old screw things up is not a bad thing and something that I'm sure will be funny when it happens in this game.

Those kind of moments are great. I'm more speaking about people exploiting stuff in the map and using it how it's not INTENDED to be used, abusing ways to keep themselves away from the killer. It could be that in DBD's case, that could have been their intention was to get Survivor's to exploit things tho.. kinda like in Dark Souls games, you can do the same thing.

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,929 posts

It's really hard explaining the situations like these in games without seeing it.

Taunting the killer is all good and great, and can be funny as shit sometimes.
If you can manage to run the killer in circles fantastic. I'm sure some people can.

I know the game is going to be completely different than DBD.
All I can say is, DBD was not aware of how their set pieces would be used in-game.. and some survivors know how to exploit that very well.

Jumping back and forth around a bus, and just doing it over and over and over again while the killer literally has no way of touching the survivor in this moment. So the killer is left with the only option of leaving, going to get someone else, or leaving and coming back hoping the survivor 'maybe did something else' finally. lol.

Here is a good example. Let's say there was a bus type scenario player running circles around a bus. Jason morphs to the other side of the bus. Well shit nice try.while that mechanic was critique it will be instrumental in avoiding said scenario. There will be tools at your disposal on both sides how you're them will rely upon the player.

Posted Image

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

So to explain some stuff first...

The killer's job in DBD is to kill 4 Survivors. The survivors have to fix 5 generators that are procedurally generated in the map.
Well, the killer KILLED one survivor, and the other two disconnected, and so I was left all alone.

There is no VOICE CHAT in the game, so the killer just beat on stuff to communicate with me.

slasherlover2k16

slasherlover2k16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The fear mechanic and the overall "pro-stealth" as opposed to "pro-juke" gameplay as a counselor will stop this from happening in my opinion. The more you're taunting Jason, the more you see him, this means the more fearful your character gets, the more his stamina gets depleted, the more of a target he is via big red outline of him visible through walls, rocks, shrubbery, and mist.

Dead By Daylight allows the player to taunt the enemy because of it's wooden pallets and other windows and openings you can jaunt through which serve as the only way that a player can get away from a killer in direct-chase. From my knowledge, there's nothing like this in F13game. And, in DBD, it probably takes a while to get the precision and mastery with regards to map understanding and distance/speed in the game to be able to taunt the killer so. I feel the player who puts in that effort should be rewarded as such anyways. I mean, forgive me if I'm wrong for I've only seen gameplays and never played myself, but it isn't like everybody in DBD is running around doing this is it?

Also, as an aside, while I can understand the DBD comparisons I feel, just through watching the alpha gameplay and following the news on the game, that F13Game separates itself enough from it to be considered the "same type of game" for lack of a better word. To call it that, is to call Murder from GMod, Michael Myers in COD, or even plain old hide and seek the same games.

slasherlover2k16

slasherlover2k16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

this, too.

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
I said it before Jason can run! Just hope he does in the game at least for the part 2 and 3 skins
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dead by daylight, killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users