124 replies to this topic

GonzoThe912TH

GonzoThe912TH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

I got street fighter and Mortal Kombat both fighting games but different takes on genre

Tekken

GonzoThe912TH

GonzoThe912TH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

I got street fighter and Mortal Kombat both fighting games but different takes on genre

Tekken

GuitarWolf365

GuitarWolf365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Got to agree as someone that has been working on a new fighting game idea for few years sometimes more then one person has the idea its just timing and who gets it together first, my game was designed in 05 but just never had funding but another group made thiers in early 2010's sseem very similar but no way they saw mines it just happens who gets it together fastest I personally will be playing both dead by daylight and F13 haven't be able to find to much new news on last year but if it release I'll pick that up too same way I got street fighter and Mortal Kombat both fighting games but different takes on genre

Well, they apparently started development 2 years ago or something like that. So if we do look at the times where everything is lining up (Dead by Daylight beta starts at the end of this month, both Last Year and F13 having their betas/alphas later this year,) Then seems about right ish. Obviously the whole copycat thing is silly in the first place.

Now the funny thing is this, most issues people were concerned about wasn't related to F13 or Last year, but Evolve because they don't want what happened to Evolve to happen to Dead by Daylight.

If you are looking for news for Last Year, everything is hush hush aside from the backers. I can ask Wearing again but pretty sure he'll say the same thing about him wanting it to only be for backers.

So it's not really like there's no news, it's more just not for open eyes to see yet.

ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger

ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I played the dead by daylight alpha. It didn't really elicit much of a response from me to be frank. I'll still buy the game and play it, but only to kinda sort of sate my hunger for Friday 13th. The character models( both survivor and killer) and animations are bland, and while the premise and backstory of the game's pretty good, their presentation is meh at best. For 20 bucks it's alright, but wouldn't pay more than that. The only thing I can compare this situation to is Friday 13th= good top quality Olive Garden meal, with practically everything on the menu you could want that you'd have to wait a while to get, while dead by daylight= Texas toast because they ran out of breadsticks before the meal. Maybe Last Year is the actual breadsticks? Not really sure where it'd fall in place at, seeing as I know nearly nothing about it.

lunyspacelord

lunyspacelord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

I played the dead by daylight alpha. It didn't really elicit much of a response from me to be frank. I'll still buy the game and play it, but only to kinda sort of sate my hunger for Friday 13th. The character models( both survivor and killer) and animations are bland, and while the premise and backstory of the game's pretty good, their presentation is meh at best. For 20 bucks it's alright, but wouldn't pay more than that. The only thing I can compare this situation to is Friday 13th= good top quality Olive Garden meal, with practically everything on the menu you could want that you'd have to wait a while to get, while dead by daylight= Texas toast because they ran out of breadsticks before the meal. Maybe Last Year is the actual breadsticks? Not really sure where it'd fall in place at, seeing as I know nearly nothing about it.

I also saw dead by daylight footage now it may just be my crappy eyesight but honestly the game looks like it's still in pre alpha stage yet it comes out this month? The animation looks barebones and and the whole hook thing seems unessary
Last year I hope can do better that will be the other slasher game I play IF I get tired of f13 which is unlikely. Arrrgh I want the game now!

Check f13 alpha gameplay looks better than dead by daylight but that's probably because their using unreal 4

AZATIONIE

AZATIONIE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPhoenix az

I also saw dead by daylight footage now it may just be my crappy eyesight but honestly the game looks like it's still in pre alpha stage yet it comes out this month? The animation looks barebones and and the whole hook thing seems unessary
Last year I hope can do better that will be the other slasher game I play IF I get tired of f13 which is unlikely. Arrrgh I want the game now!

Check f13 alpha gameplay looks better than dead by daylight but that's probably because their using unreal 4

I did notice that too but I did preorder gonna need something to hold me til my baby f13 comes out

You can dig 1 hole 6 ft deep or you can dig 6 holes 1 ft deep, that's just murder math LOL

AZATIONIE

AZATIONIE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPhoenix az
Anyone got a extra beta key they don't mind passing beta supposed to start today

You can dig 1 hole 6 ft deep or you can dig 6 holes 1 ft deep, that's just murder math LOL

Goldenking

Goldenking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
Well which one was announced first?

shaderaygun

shaderaygun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Meh. It looks okay, but I feel like Dead by Daylight will become boring quicker than Friday the 13th will. No environment kills, limited maps, and an overly long and complicated process for the killer to kill anyone.

This reminds me of Damned and Dead Realm. Both are very similar games, with Damned coming out first. However, it has a lot less polish and replayability than Dead Realm.

"There's a legend around here. A killer buried, but not dead. A curse on Crystal Lake, a death curse. Jason Voorhees' curse. They say he died as a boy, but he keeps coming back. Few have seen him and lived. Some have even tried to stop him... No one can. People forget he's down there, waiting..."

ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger

ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Already found multiple exploits and metas in dead by daylight's beta, as well as all three killers being identical in gameplay for the most part. It'll last only as long as the /actual/ contenders( F13, Last Year, Outlast 2) don't show up. Which is to say DBD is thoroughly fucked.

uesc

uesc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO
Just got a free beta code for dead by daylight. It's fun right now but you can tell it's not going to last. The whole game feels like it's been slapped together to beat F13 out of the gate.

The game is getting decent press because the dev's are handing out beta codes to high profile streamers like they were candy. Overall, the level design is random and uninspiring, the characters are pretty shallow and there's fun to be had....for now. Like some others have mentioned, there's not a lot of depth to the game. I'll say there's some interesting addons you equip that can change the way the game works (slightly). 

When the game comes out on the 14th, there's 2 more killers and 2 more levels to be revealed. we'll see if the game continues to be in the top 10 on twitch...

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
I've watched some twitch game play and the game looks fun, and has some cool concepts. I don't think it anyway replaces a F13 game. The one gamer had some trouble getting a lobby to lock down and get into a match. Playing 1st person as the killer made it look really difficult to follow the victims especially at close range. One match the killer never saw a victim the whole time, and they all escaped. I believe the game is only on pc with the possibility of it coming to consoles. If F13 the game is using a similar platform of leveling up counselors and Jason, then it might be worth adding a "prestige type" feature, where you get something in exchange for resetting your counselor or Jason back to zero....to keep the playing field somewhat even. Overall, DBD doesn't look like it will ever come close to F13's finished product.
PS4: JBSLICK33

The_Coyler

The_Coyler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIreland

In regarding in the questions about 'Last Year', it was the first game to bring asymmetrical multiplayer in slasher form.

It, like PT Demo sparked a whole new list of games like it , e.g Friday the 13: The Game and Dead by Daylight.

Though it was sued for have Jason Voorhees 'like' properties like a hockey mask and machete....  :(

Last Year is still going a head, though if it had more capital and money behind it , if would have gone far, not to say it will not , but I am pessimistic! I wish Last Year and Slasher Vol 1: Summer Camp just got to colab with each other as the 'Friday the 13th' license does help marketing but overall it limits their opportunities, as now we are only locked to the franchise.

Part 1 : Maps - Maps will only be restricted to places Jason has been and we aren't going to get as good maps, e.g ( Shopping Mall, Small Village, Neighbourhood   etc. )

Part 2 : Skins - We are not going to get 'different' slashers, although there is different Jason skins there isn't other slashers (e.g Chainsaws,Axes, flamethrowers etc. ) this would be a lot more funner, this is what Last Year and Vol 1 Slasher : Summer Camp were doing.

This is just my opinion but I hope people tell me if they agree or disagree!

-Coyler ;)

SWEET       DREAMS

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Mr. Coyler,

I have to respectfully disagree. Friday the 13th the game is going to be "Slasher Vol 1: Summer Camp" on steroids! Tune in to Twitch tonight and I bet you change your mind. ;)
PS4: JBSLICK33

ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger

ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

After playing dead by daylight, and realizing how horrible it's matchmaking system is, I just want to throw this out there in case f13 has a rank based matchmaking system. In dbd players alt-f4 as a killer whenever everyone's about to escape(forcing everyone to rank down) while survivors alt-f4 to deny the killer points( and screw over their companions) whenever a survivor RQ's to avoid being killed. This shit is terrible for everyone. If someone disconnects over the game, they should probably have a queue cooldown that makes them wait until the last game is finished( or if the killer left, make them wait a good 15 minutes) Nobody likes quitters. Especially if it denies points from the other players. Also ragequitters get off scot free in dead by daylight, it literally punishes everyone except the quitter.

The next thing is the inability to go into matchmaking with your friends. IDK how DBD devs thought that was a good idea. I mean, who doesn't want to get killed with their buddies?

Third problem is how small and repetitive the main game is. For the survivors your objective is repair generators, open door, leave. The generators always spawn in the same areas, in the already small map. The killer has to hit a survivor twice, then put them on a hook to win. That's it. It's fun the first few times, but once you get the hang of it, it'll become repetitive fast.

Third is locations. There are specific spots in every map that allows the survivor to pretty much troll the killer. The Devs outright said it's a distraction method, however the amount of skill needed to use these areas is equal to zero( and god forbid you be one of the last survivors and do the trick). Any tension will be lost if survivors find out there is a "safe space" in the middle of a chase.

Not ripping on DBD, it's fun, but it'll lose it's charm once everyone gets the hang of it, and all the metas start flying. It'll drop even faster if it doesn't fix it's issues.

• DamonD7 likes this

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Fantastic post, I agree! 

Please Gun Media Team, take these issues into consideration. :)

Dead By Daylight, while fun... it so messed up right now it's ridiculous.

Jonathan Jones | Professional Voice Talent | Voice Actor

Visit His Website  | Youtube | Let's Play Live!

"Acting is Believing" / "Stay Cool.  Stay Creative"

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

I really hope they have good plans for when people might lose connection or quit etc while playing as Jason. Would suck if the game ended because the Jason player leaves game for one reason or another.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I hope F13 doesn't have ranks or perks, I <3 Left 4 Dead just fine without the stuff that could seriously unbalance it

350d47aac6ac46dec6bc882d9075fdf6.jpg

Now hows about the old smash n bash, YEAH!

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Agreed on all points. It sounds like DBD gets a lot of things right, actually, I am interested but there are things to learn here.

I'd say more that anything the lobby/matchmaking situation. That's a hugely important part of multiplayer games.

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 745 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

We're a different game. The only real similarities we have are horror murderer vs a bunch of kids. Other than that, we're going to be paced differently, offer way more ways to win for counselors and strive to give you as much freedom as possible!

• Tommy Doyle likes this

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dead by daylight, killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users