CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

211 posts in this topic

Just played this for the first time two days ago and I have to say... Eh, I didn't really care for it. Presentation wise, it has a gloss to it that the FRIDAY THE 13TH game is lacking, but gameplay wise it's just so simple, with the exception of the overly complex perks and levelling system.

I much prefer the wider range of options for how to approach things in the FRIDAY game than the comparatively simplistic gameplay of DEAD BY DAYLIGHT.

I don't think it's a horrible game, I just don't think it's for me. Which is a shame, because with Michael and LeatherFace both in it, I'll probably end up supporting it anyway.

13 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I actually just bought it. It's not bad at all but the whole hook thing still grinds my gears.

The hook is pretty stupid, it seems really out of place but outside of that I don't have any complaints yet. I enjoy the mechanics of the hook, just not the visual representation.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

The hook is pretty stupid, it seems really out of place but outside of that I don't have any complaints yet. I enjoy the mechanics of the hook, just not the visual representation.

The lore helped me cope with the hooks. It's actually a cool concept that I dig. I still hate not being able to gut people as Michael though. It just doesn't feel right.

1 person likes this

I don't care about hook ,the problems is that we don't have any other options rather than the hook to kill people, but is cool i just alternate between the f13 and dbd so i don't get bored

30 minutes ago, pucho said:

I don't care about hook ,the problems is that we don't have any other options rather than the hook to kill people, but is cool i just alternate between the f13 and dbd so i don't get bored

There is an offering where you can kill the last survivor by your hand. But the kills are "meh" and there's only one for each. The hag kill is cool though. But I like variety. It just so happens F13 has a good variety of kills. Its just the choke and KO spammers that annoy me.

i might play dead by daylight if they added ways to kill without hooks or end

12 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

There is a perk that let's you kill the last survivor with your own hands. But it's a consumable and only one kill animation per killer.

Not enough for me.

12 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

There is a perk that let's you kill the last survivor with your own hands. But it's a consumable and only one kill animation per killer.

Not enough for me.

I enjoyed the free weekend so I bought it. :) I really like the length of matches and the leveling system. The perks feel useful also. Performing kills would be fun but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Some of the kills in Friday the 13th are tied down by long animations and it became people spamming the choke and head-punch. I know I'll get tired of generators at some point but not having to open any fucking drawers has been pretty nice. ;)

1 person likes this

On 9/18/2017 at 6:13 PM, FlameRiderSD said:

They wont, the new moris are amazing though you should look them up. Anyway the game isn't really meant to be gory and violent like dbd.

I've been watching a ton of Let's Plays and I'm torn. Part of me wants to try this game out. It seems to have a frantic Quake 3 vibe. I was thinking it may be fun to play every once in awhile as it seems different enough from Friday the 13th. 

It just seems like it could get tedious VERY quick. 

On 10/10/2017 at 8:36 PM, The Insane Kank said:

I've been watching a ton of Let's Plays and I'm torn. Part of me wants to try this game out. It seems to have a frantic Quake 3 vibe. I was thinking it may be fun to play every once in awhile as it seems different enough from Friday the 13th. 

It just seems like it could get tedious VERY quick. 

It's very different from F13th and like watching a Let's Play of F13th, much different playing than watching. Has a steeper learning curve than F13th, which would probably lend to your want of a frantic vibe. I can't play it for hours and hours straight without a friend, but it is a nice 30 minute to an hour break between my usual games when I go solo.