CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

211 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

How good are they at stopping the unlimited vaulting and running around objects bullcrap? How is it fun to run around something trying to catch a survivor because they have unlimited stamina? Who thought no stamina was a good idea?

Honestly, I can't help anyone that is salty over the game. It's really not that hard to take people out.  I'm sorry you don't like it.

10 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Honestly, I can't help anyone that is salty over the game. It's really not that hard to take people out.  I'm sorry you don't like it.

Did they remove the cheesiness or something? How are you not having a hard time taking anyone down? Are you getting lucky and finding players that play fair? This is the kind of stuff that I want to avoid: 

I have heard that a lot of people are doing this and I've seen more videos showing survivors playing like this. 

I did watch the whole video. You want my critique on this? Ok, here it is:

You suck at skill checks, but you do have the jukes.

The person playing the killer was bad at his job. Just like Ft13th, you just have to give it up and go after somebody else.

You are a bad teammate. You had two chances to save people  and you just hid out.

The window in/window out strat doesn't work if the killer knows what he is doing.

Thanks for the video, it was entertaining.

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

You suck at skill checks, but you do have the jukes.

You are a bad teammate. You had two chances to save people  and you just hid out.

That wasn't me playing. That dude was on PC. The video was uploaded last year. I have a PS4. Heck I don't even have the game yet. The only thing stopping me is what you saw in the video. 

EDIT: Upon hearing that the Nurse can teleport multiple times and cancel it by attacking and the Hag can lay multiple traps and teleport to them once they are triggered, I'm thinking about picking it up and starting out with those two killers.

I just got Dead by Daylight and honestly after playing a little. The game is fun but has some flaws that I don't like. I think its overrated. I will play it some more but I hate the first person aspect as the Killer, the game is geared to much toward survivors which is why its easier for them, the maps are not that big compared to Friday the 13th, and more. Now honestly I can't wait for that Michaels Myers DLC because that will be awesome but I will play some more and maybe my opinion will change. I just started so I have to be fair.

1 hour ago, Horrorfan1989 said:

the game is geared to much toward survivors which is why its easier for them,

Ugh. I hate it when games do this. Welp, I got through Evolve favoring the Hunters over Monster (I'm a Monster main), so I can probably get through DbD favoring survivors over the killers.

Yeah true. The game is fun though. I love the Doctor Killer. My favorite with the shock treatment. 

As a survior/counselor main. I feel like this game is harder for me to escape in than Friday actually.

There's far more to accomplish with far harder skill checks to me than the ones in Friday.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, broke weasel said:

As a survior/counselor main. I feel like this game is harder for me to escape in than Friday actually.

There's far more to accomplish with far harder skill checks to me than the ones in Friday.

I thought I was the only one. I haven't logged even a fraction of the time in DBD that I have in Friday, but every time I play DBD as a survivor I pretty much always die...usually while attempting a skill check. With Friday it's about half and half.

Another thing is that, while all games to a certain degree are repetitive, DBD falls too heavily into that space. Like, I know with Friday right now there's more that could be added to boost the replay value, but DBD is literally so very one-note. I'm not ragging on the game or anything, but typically, I don't feel extremely motivated to play because of how quickly it can become tedious. Like others have said, it seems as if they were in a rush to get out the game to say "we did it first" and as a result, the whole experience is suffering from that train of thought.

DBD got boring very fast for me. DBD needs more killers and maps to keep people's interest. I will start playing again when Michael Myers is released for xbox.

It needs more than killers and maps...it needs more variety in the overall gameplay.

so do most people agree friday is better then DBD?

20 hours ago, FlameRiderSD said:

Personally, I'd say yes.

The bigger amount of players in game definitely makes it much more chaotic, I personally enjoy the fact you can actually fight back even if in the end it ends up futile, I'm not a huge fan of the constant running away, while Laurie has a perk where you can stab the killer if they've grabbed you, it's a one time use and having to rely on pallets to stun the killer after that kinda  gets a bit tedious. And I've only got the game at least a week ago and the balancing for matchmaking is rather shoddy at best, myself and my friends (with only one person having a decent amount of experience in the game) were absolutely demolished in less than three minutes as a Legacy 3 Trapper, it's  that sorta thing what really sucks me out of the game, there's also the Sacrifice mechanic I don't really like, nothing punishes a killer from camping the hooks aside from the other players working on objectives and some of the Hexes what a killer can get are rather...unfair, No One Escapes Death or something to that effect allows the Killer to one hit a player and they get a buff to their speed, which depending on the Killer can easily just end the game there and then if the gates aren't opened.

Saying that though I will say DBD has some perks what F13 doesn't. Once you die/escape, you're free to leave with everything you've earned instead of being forced to miss out on anything you've earned which I think F13 really fails on. Games are often shorter paced so you don't need to worry too long about the game's dragging out, there's no voice chat which in turn is a double edged sword if you don't rely on external voice chat mechanics as it stops the Killer picking you up if you're trying to hide but at the same time there's no way to relay locations to your teammates. Each character feels more unique due to their own perks which require a good chunk of dedication in levelling that character up until the other characters can utilise them. 

I'm definitely in the F13 is better group but I'd say DBD handles stuff better.

Looks like anyone with PS Plus has a chance to try out Dead by Daylight:

"As yet another added bonus on PS4, Plus members will be able to play Dead by Daylight for free from September 15-18. It will also be on sale for 30% from then until September 22. A free Neverwinter Plus pack will be available from September 16 through October 16."

I absolutely loved the game, and if i have to compare the two, I prefer DbD for several reasons, but F13 has it's Pro's as well

The major turning point for me with Dead by Daylight came in the form of progress getting wiped, and finding out that their dev team doesn't keep digital save data, and the only place your saved data is located is on your local machine

They rolled out a patch on Steam in December that made it possible for the game to "accidentally" boot up, and not correctly pull your saved data, and I'm sure some of you have seen this in F13 as well, where you show up as level 1, but after restarting the game, your level is fine again, only in Dead by Daylight, when this happens, and baring in mind that the only copy of your saved game is on your local machine, it ends up overriding your progress, and your endless hours of gameplay gets wiped, and you are reset to level 1

I had Prestiged two of my killers, and had 3 others at max level, and logged about 90 hours of gameplay, which included a triple bloodpoint weekend, that I milked, so more like 120+ hours of blood points that got "accidentally" overwritten, reverting me to level 1

Their support forum had several steps to follow, requiring me to send an e-mail with proof of my progress on steam, steam ID, and in game ID to them with screen shots - It has been 23 days, and after multiple resends of the same mail, they have yet to respond to me.

If you google Dead by Daylight progress lost, you will find overwhelming amounts of posts about a very large amount of players that have had their progress wiped, and this hasn't been fixed since it started in December. One thing I can say about F13, is that this isn't even possible, since they have your saved data backed up digitally, which every multiplayer game should do by default, given the digital age we are in

I haven't touched DbD in 23 days and counting, since I am just quite honestly disgusted that what happened to me, is actually possible in this day and age, and that almost a month later, nothing has been done about it, and I cannot bring myself to starting from level 1 again on all my killers if I think about the amount of grinding that I did to get them prestiged in the first place.

On 8/27/2017 at 10:14 AM, FlameRiderSD said:

This is my take away from reading through some of this, however, if that is the case, why does it have nearly ten times the following on Steam? While that number drops to merely twice the numbers with their all time peak, Dead By Daylight still comes out ahead.

I have watched a few lets plays and frankly, the game looks bad to me. There is absolutely no aspect on viewing it that appeals to me. Not graphics, not sound, not atmosphere, not gameplay, simplicity, community, nothing.

So why then is it clearly now, and always been more popular? Looking at the totals from the same time in its cycle as this game is now, they had 10-12 times the daily players this game has. It has been difficult for me to track anything on consoles, so this is just steam.

Is it timing? Is it marketing? Are we just biased because we love the IP? Would we all be playing DBD if they had a single Jason map and killer?

26 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

This is my take away from reading through some of this, however, if that is the case, why does it have nearly ten times the following on Steam? While that number drops to merely twice the numbers with their all time peak, Dead By Daylight still comes out ahead.

I have watched a few lets plays and frankly, the game looks bad to me. There is absolutely no aspect on viewing it that appeals to me. Not graphics, not sound, not atmosphere, not gameplay, simplicity, community, nothing.

So why then is it clearly now, and always been more popular? Looking at the totals from the same time in its cycle as this game is now, they had 10-12 times the daily players this game has. It has been difficult for me to track anything on consoles, so this is just steam.

Is it timing? Is it marketing? Are we just biased because we love the IP? Would we all be playing DBD if they had a single Jason map and killer?

Part of it is it being the first of the genre out of the gate. Friday the 13th didn't build upon what had been done with Dead by Daylight so it's not a natural successor and doesn't get to share in the playerbase. Then there's a shitload of other issues with this game.

i hope a breakthrough happens where the game gets a massive update which will increase player amount and that the game would be 50% off at the time

:D

I just bought DBD with the micheal myers chapter, but i didn't find leatherface , anybody knows if is included in the game ? 

In this moment the game is downloading 

I've played Dead by Daylight the last two nights thanks to the free weekend on PS4. It's a fun game- not sure what all the negativity about it is from. Also, no game-breaking glitches, bugs or toxic assholes on mics. Kind of a breath of fresh air.

On September 15, 2017 at 7:51 PM, pucho said:

I just bought DBD with the micheal myers chapter, but i didn't find leatherface , anybody knows if is included in the game ? 

In this moment the game is downloading 

Leatherface will be released within about a month if I remember right? Either way, it's coming soon for PS4 and I don't mean that in the Gun Media version of soon.

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I've played Dead by Daylight the last two nights thanks to the free weekend on PS4. It's a fun game- not sure what all the negativity about it is from. Also, no game-breaking glitches, bugs or toxic assholes on mics. Kind of a breath of fresh air.

I actually just bought it. It's not bad at all but the whole hook thing still grinds my gears.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I actually just bought it. It's not bad at all but the whole hook thing still grinds my gears.

That was the main thing that prevented me from getting it when it came out.  I was excited when I first heard of it, but that turned me right off.